PDA

View Full Version : For Rocket Fans Papaloukas Wants To Play In NBA

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Spanoulis has say that Papaloukas has decide he want play in NBA. He is look for 3 years of MLE contract. He would not consider Rockets if Van Gundy were still coach but Adelman is very respect in Europe and have reputation will play Euro players. Peja has tell him all abouts him.

I brings up Rockets because he is some thing team need.

1. He is better point guard than Alston
2. he is creator and ball handler to helps T-Mac Rockets not have now
3. he is big player off bench at 6-7 and long arms can backs up Battier and T-Mac which Rockets needs
4. he can be third player which team need now and not have
5. He is actual true point guard and run pick and roll and post feed he can allow T-Mac be finisher and helps keeps him less tired in playoff
6. he is very high IQ and experience and Rockets lack 4th quarter clutch player. Papaloukas has been most clutch player in FIBA tournaments

Bad thing about Papaloukas he inconsistent player and he take some of year off and he poor shooter. He is same way as T-Mac in these way also can defend when chooses to just like T-Mac.

Papaloukas is much better passer and play maker than Calderon is and bigger and much better defense and more athletic by lot but Calderon is much better shooter. I sees Rockets fans on board dreams of Calderon but Papaloukas is available and wants only 3 year of MLE.

This infos I gives for Rockets fans here that not crazy and dumb like ones on fan site these ones know what I mean. Any things need know of Papaloukas I can explain. For Rockets I believe this is much better choice than Siskauskas who be rumors Rockets offer contract.

Also if Papaloukas will join Houston and Adelman plays him then Billy will change mind about not play in NBA and will want play Houston again. Papaloukas is much better player than Luther Head this not even some thing can be talks about. If he play with player like Yao and T-Mac and Scola and finisher like Landry he is capable lead NBA in assist. Papaloukas play point guard, shooting guard, small forward and he can do these in offense and defense. He is not 3 point shooter.

theMUHMEshow
05-09-2008, 10:38 PM
I saw him play a few times after the word got out that Det was interested last year... he isnt anything special...

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-09-2008, 10:43 PM
I saw him play a few times after the word got out that Det was interested last year... he isnt anything special...

He is not as good as Spanoulis but he is better than Calderon in everything but shooting. His weakness is shooting and Calderon is great shooter. He is capable lead NBA in assist if he play with team like Houston. But yes compare to Spanoulis he is not as good player.

theMUHMEshow
05-09-2008, 10:48 PM
He is not as good as Spanoulis but he is better than Calderon in everything but shooting. His weakness is shooting and Calderon is great shooter. He is capable lead NBA in assist if he play with team like Houston. But yes compare to Spanoulis he is not as good player.

I would have a hard time giving him the edge over Calderon... However, I havent seen as much of Pap has I have Calderon....

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-09-2008, 10:53 PM
I would have a hard time giving him the edge over Calderon... However, I havent seen as much of Pap has I have Calderon....

Papaloukas is driving player and open court player not shooter and set player like Calderon. Papaloukas not even good 3 point shooter. But his passing and play making is even superior to Calderon and he is 6-7 and long and capable in defense.

Matchman
05-09-2008, 11:03 PM
is he nba ready? cuz we dont want anymore oversea long term projects because our door to championship is quickly closing. we want to compete NOW and we aint wasting the full MLE on a rookie.

ElNono
05-09-2008, 11:07 PM
For any team fans I want to play in the NBA.
Just give me half the MLE!!!

armand0
05-09-2008, 11:12 PM
he looked ready for nba against the usa game in the semi finals of world cup

mystargtr34
05-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Your saying a guy playing with a ball-handling wing like T-Mac... and a post player like Yao... will lead the league in assists.... plus the fact hes a foreign rookie?

Dude, seriously.

Matchman
05-09-2008, 11:17 PM
he looked ready for nba against the usa game in the semi finals of world cup

FYI, V-Span single-handedly carry his Greek Team to beat Team USA in the world championship semi-finals...

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-09-2008, 11:22 PM
FYI, V-Span single-handedly carry his Greek Team to beat Team USA in the world championship semi-finals...

Spanoulis is incredible player. Your old coach is retarded person. You will never know what kind of player you ruin. Papaloukas is not in Spanoulis level but he is very capable for NBA.

Luther Head and Aaron Brooks is joke players compare to him.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Your saying a guy playing with a ball-handling wing like T-Mac... and a post player like Yao... will lead the league in assists.... plus the fact hes a foreign rookie?

Dude, seriously.

He is MUCH better passer and ball handler than T-Mac. T-Mac would be play off ball with him on team. He is probable best play maker in the world.

robbie380
05-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Spanoulis is incredible player. Your old coach is retarded person. You will never know what kind of player you ruin. Papaloukas is not in Spanoulis level but he is very capable for NBA.

yeah he is so incredible that he couldn't even man up for another year away from mommy.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-09-2008, 11:26 PM
is he nba ready? cuz we dont want anymore oversea long term projects because our door to championship is quickly closing. we want to compete NOW and we aint wasting the full MLE on a rookie.

yes he is NBA read he is 31 years old with 2 Euroleague championship and 1 European championship. Spanoulis was not long term project he have crazy coach this is all. Do not get confuse Papaloukas is not near Spanoulis level of ability. But with normal coach like Adelman he can be very good player for Rockets.

If you still not understand Papaloukas was considers better player than Scola in Europe. But Rockets fans believe nothing but errors like "Scola best player in Europe". Wrong. Of this time when Scola is in Europe at prime last few years he is consider best POWER FORWARD of Europe, Papaloukas is consider best PLAYER of Europe of those 3 years before.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-09-2008, 11:27 PM
yeah he is so incredible that he couldn't even man up for another year away from mommy.

You are typical Houston fan. You will suffer for all time for how fans and coach do Spanouli. Instead of champions you will have none.

arcticjoe
05-09-2008, 11:29 PM

you know this really got to me, the guy may very well be incredible i cant say i havent seen him to judge but i do know if you are that mentally fragile you will never be ready for the NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-09-2008, 11:29 PM
what are you his agent or something? Unless this kid is as good as Jason Kidd..he won't be able to last in the Nba not being able to shoot!

He is much better shooter than Kidd. He is of time right now definite better player than Kidd. He is similar shooter as Tony Parker not good but much more good than Kidd.

Actual he is better passer than Kidd.

Matchman
05-09-2008, 11:33 PM
yes he is NBA read he is 31 years old with 2 Euroleague championship and 1 European championship. Spanoulis was not long term project he have crazy coach this is all. Do not get confuse Papaloukas is not near Spanoulis level of ability. But with normal coach like Adelman he can be very good player for Rockets.

If you still not understand Papaloukas was considers better player than Scola in Europe. But Rockets fans believe nothing but errors like "Scola best player in Europe". Wrong. Of this time when Scola is in Europe at prime last few years he is consider best POWER FORWARD of Europe, Papaloukas is consider best PLAYER of Europe of those 3 years before.

you still have not convince me why we should sign a 31-year-old rookie whos asking for a full MLE. keep in mind that PG needs a few years to fully adjust to his teammates and by that time comes he will be 33-34, well pass his prime. Also, can u explain why hes still not in the NBA at the age of 31, if hes THAT good?

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-09-2008, 11:33 PM
you know this really got to me, the guy may very well be incredible i cant say i havent seen him to judge but i do know if you are that mentally fragile you will never be ready for the NBA.

He have mom who try commit suicide. he ask for leave from team to see her and be with her. Doctor say she is ask for him and is threaten kill herself if he not come. Rocket manegars gives him permission to go. Van Gundy refuse and not let him leaves and make him sets there with team then when he gets mad he gets benched for year and even then NOT allow leave to see mom.

Van Gundy not allow because he say he not believe it fair to let Spanoulis leave team to go to Greece. Van Gundy then tell Houston reporters that "Spanoulis have his mommy call and beg everyday please let my son Billy go."

Houston papers reports this and prints such story. According to NBA fans this make Spanoulis "mentally weak" he is finish with NBA after such treatments. It seem in Greece we cannot understand strange and twist American culture but we can understand Van Gundy is lucky Spanoulis not kick his ass because he want to badly.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-09-2008, 11:36 PM
you still have not convince me why we should sign a 31-year-old rookie whos asking for a full MLE. keep in mind that PG needs a few years to fully adjust to his teammates and by that time comes he will be 33-34, well pass his prime. Also, can u explain why hes still not in the NBA at the age of 31, if hes THAT good?

I not say Rockets should signs him at all. I am say from read your board he is much better option than some names mention there. Hermann? he is decent player but he is scrub compares to player like Papaloukas. Hermann was one time one of best players in Spain but Papaloukas was considers superior to best player of Spain which was Scola.

He has been better than Scola so he is capable. He is not perfect for Rockets at all because of 3 point shooting. But he is better fit than some others mention. You talks about Magette. Papaloukas would cost MLE and would be similar except less scoring and more passing.

arcticjoe
05-09-2008, 11:38 PM
He have mom who try commit suicide. he ask for leave from team to see her and be with her. Doctor say she is ask for him and is threaten kill herself if he not come. Rocket manegars gives him permission to go. Van Gundy refuse and not let him leaves and make him sets there with team then when he gets mad he gets benched for year and even then NOT allow leave to see mom.

Van Gundy not allow because he say he not believe it fair to let Spanoulis leave team to go to Greece. Van Gundy then tell Houston reporters that "Spanoulis have his mommy call and beg everyday please let my son Billy go."

Houston papers reports this and prints such story. According to NBA fans this make Spanoulis "mentally weak" he is finish with NBA after such treatments. It seem in Greece we cannot understand strange and twist American culture but we can understand Van Gundy is lucky Spanoulis not kick his ass because he want to badly.

ah now thats something i didn't hear. seems like a legitimate reason to go back

Indazone
05-09-2008, 11:39 PM
well can't post this kinda stuff on the Rockets board. They would laugh ya outta the place. Any mention of any Greek players would get a rise outta the trolls.

Roxsfan
05-09-2008, 11:42 PM
You are typical Houston fan. You will suffer for all time for how fans and coach do Spanouli. Instead of champions you will have none.

whatever dude, its a business and that was jvg's doing anyway.

we have 2, and I'm sure we will have at least 1 in the next 3ys.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Americans have no idea how good best Greek players are.

PlayoffEx-static
05-10-2008, 01:28 AM
Spanoulis cried and went home. Why on earth would anyone invest the MCE in a player not as good?

PlayoffEx-static
05-10-2008, 01:28 AM

Perhaps because they show nothing in the NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-10-2008, 01:52 AM
Spanoulis cried and went home. Why on earth would anyone invest the MCE in a player not as good?

Because only idiot Americans not realize how good these players is. Spanoulis and Papaloukas is two of greatest players in WORLD. Spanouli is better but just because he is much better shooter. Papaloukas is better than most of all NBA players. Papaloukas can do everything else he can but is 6-7.

If American not even know Papaloukas ability I starts to wonder if they know ANYTHING about game.:bang

timvp
05-10-2008, 03:04 AM
I used to like Papaaloukas but he looks to he's a lot bigger now and is sloooow. Modern day Papaloukas = 2000 Antoine Rigaudeau.

robbie380
05-10-2008, 03:10 AM
Because only idiot Americans not realize how good these players is. Spanoulis and Papaloukas is two of greatest players in WORLD. Spanouli is better but just because he is much better shooter. Papaloukas is better than most of all NBA players. Papaloukas can do everything else he can but is 6-7.

If American not even know Papaloukas ability I starts to wonder if they know ANYTHING about game.:bang

really? just americans? wow...look at the NBA and quit being a fool. americans must hate foreigners thats why some of the best players in the NBA/world are from south america, china, africa, europe, and wherever else that has any sort of basketball talent. we are soooo stupid because v-span couldn't man up for another year and fight thru adversity. if anything you are proving that greek players are a bunch of pussies because pretty much every other major nation in the world has had success in the NBA besides greece.

and if v-span is a better shooter :lmao than papaloukas then papaloukas is screwed. v-span couldn't hit anything outside of 15 feet.

keep blaming stuff on other people. it will get you far in life!:lol

robbie380
05-10-2008, 03:12 AM
I used to like Papaaloukas but he looks to he's a lot bigger now and is sloooow. Modern day Papaloukas = 2000 Antoine Rigaudeau.

YOU AER AA ST00DPID AMERIKKKAN!! SPOORZTAK.COM NEEDDS GR33K FLAG SMILEY!

endrity
05-10-2008, 05:50 AM
Papaloukas, and Diamantidis as well, are the 2000s version of Dejan Bodiroga.

They are players who are some of the best in Europe, but I don't think they could transition well to the NBA at this point of their careers. Papaloukas is a great ballhandler, clutch player, and leader. But he is slow, and at a time when the NBA is getting dominated by quick, athletic guards like Paul and Williams, it seems like few teams will want to go for slow guards.

Plus your assertion that he is better than Calderon is bullshit at this point man. You COULD have made that argument about FIBA tournaments before last summer but not anymore. Calderon was the best player, not Gasol, of a Spanish team that rolled through Eurobasket before losing the Final. I think the main problem that team had was that it could not decide between Navarro and Calderon, and it probably cost the team when they put too much faith in JC Navarro.
And in the NBA there is no debate! Calderon is much younger, and is on the verge of being an All Star next year if the Raptors take their head out of their rear and trade TJ and give Calderon the starting position he clearely deserves.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-10-2008, 11:23 AM
really? just americans? wow...look at the NBA and quit being a fool. americans must hate foreigners thats why some of the best players in the NBA/world are from south america, china, africa, europe, and wherever else that has any sort of basketball talent. we are soooo stupid because v-span couldn't man up for another year and fight thru adversity. if anything you are proving that greek players are a bunch of pussies because pretty much every other major nation in the world has had success in the NBA besides greece.

and if v-span is a better shooter :lmao than papaloukas then papaloukas is screwed. v-span couldn't hit anything outside of 15 feet.

keep blaming stuff on other people. it will get you far in life!:lol

Spanoulis is a better shooter than Brad Newley this year in Greek championship (and Newley even have 8 for 8 game in 3 point shots this year) who Rockets draft for shooting to replace Head and Newley was rate as best shooter in NBA draft last year. You understand Spanoulis shoot better from 3 point than Newley in Greek league and he top shooter in NBA draft last year.

Reason Spanoulis have bad percentage with Rockets is because he come in game for 2 minute and if miss shot he get bench by coach. T-mac look sooooooo good if get bench every time start game 0-2 and you is as foolish as your old coach of team.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-10-2008, 11:28 AM

He is like speed demon compare most Spurs players. Yes he not as quick as when young and he do not guard fast point guards now. But he can guard average speed point guard of NBA but this issue you make is not matter because he guard mainly SG and SF. He is still faster than most NBA SF for sure. He is very quick player in moves and reactions.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-10-2008, 11:32 AM

They are players who are some of the best in Europe, but I don't think they could transition well to the NBA at this point of their careers. Papaloukas is a great ballhandler, clutch player, and leader. But he is slow, and at a time when the NBA is getting dominated by quick, athletic guards like Paul and Williams, it seems like few teams will want to go for slow guards.

Plus your assertion that he is better than Calderon is bullshit at this point man. You COULD have made that argument about FIBA tournaments before last summer but not anymore. Calderon was the best player, not Gasol, of a Spanish team that rolled through Eurobasket before losing the Final. I think the main problem that team had was that it could not decide between Navarro and Calderon, and it probably cost the team when they put too much faith in JC Navarro.
And in the NBA there is no debate! Calderon is much younger, and is on the verge of being an All Star next year if the Raptors take their head out of their rear and trade TJ and give Calderon the starting position he clearely deserves.

You not even realize Spanoulis almost beat this great Calderon and Gasol and Navarro all by himself in 2007 Euro championship without Greece starting PF and C and play on Spain home floor. No player of Greece even have average game to help Spanoulis. Spanoulis dominate Calderon so bad in game it not even funny. But American fans think they know Euro players Calderon "incredible" Spanoulis = "trash" these comments are like joke.

JPB
05-10-2008, 02:33 PM

+ 1

If you saw the final four this year, you could tell.

He's way too slow to do in NBA what he does in Europe, which is the perfect place for his game to shine.

He couldn't defend quick PG nor long 3 and isn't a pure shooter. So basically, he would be useless and probably another Rigaudeau as Timvp said.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-10-2008, 02:36 PM
+ 1

If you saw the final four this year, you could tell.

He's way too slow to do in NBA what he does in Europe, which is the perfect place for his game to shine.

He couldn't defend quick PG nor long 3 and isn't a pure shooter. So basically, he would be useless and probably another Rigaudeau as Timvp said.

He is point guard you put ball in his hands and let him make plays. Rigaudeau is not even same discussion in play making and passing as Papaloukas. This why he is good fit for Rockets because T-Mac have to make EVERY play for them as is now.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-10-2008, 03:34 PM
No way any Euroleague players get a 3 year MLE deal, so what's the fuss about?

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-10-2008, 03:43 PM
No way any Euroleague players get a 3 year MLE deal, so what's the fuss about?

Last year Celtics, Clippers, Hawks, Heat, Lakers all offer him full MLE for 3 years. He end up get more money from CSKA and his family not want to move for less money. Also teams he really not want to play for. When Celtics gets Allen and KG he change his mind.

He was to sign with Celtics if he knew this. It have been say Celtics is still interest also.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Last year Celtics, Clippers, Hawks, Heat, Lakers all offer him full MLE for 3 years. He end up get more money from CSKA and his family not want to move for less money. Also teams he really not want to play for. When Celtics gets Allen and KG he change his mind.

He was to sign with Celtics if he knew this. It have been say Celtics is still interest also.

Link?

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Link?

Is report much around internet many Lakers fans here they should be able say this true as they is one of more interest team. None of team were good enough he think to win champions so he stay in Russia. He is mad he not go Celtic or Lakers now.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Link?

j-6
05-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Is report much around internet many Lakers fans here they should be able say this true as they is one of more interest team. None of team were good enough he think to win champions so he stay in Russia. He is mad he not go Celtic or Lakers now.

Papaloukas is the guy that almost had (or had, I don't remember) a triple-double against the US team in Japan a couple of years ago, right? Didn't Greece hang a hundred on the Americans and he was their star?

Indazone
05-10-2008, 05:22 PM
It's true..lotta NBA teams tried to get Papaloukas. He's good. It's not easy to get a big guard like him.

endrity
05-10-2008, 07:08 PM
You not even realize Spanoulis almost beat this great Calderon and Gasol and Navarro all by himself in 2007 Euro championship without Greece starting PF and C and play on Spain home floor. No player of Greece even have average game to help Spanoulis. Spanoulis dominate Calderon so bad in game it not even funny. But American fans think they know Euro players Calderon "incredible" Spanoulis = "trash" these comments are like joke.

Dude, I live in Europe. I watched every game from Eurobasket and Euroleague final four. Calderon was amazing last summer, and he has only gotten better, and he is younger, and he is a better fit for an NBA system.

I like Papaloukas, I like Diamantidis as well, those guys have a lot of heart. I don't doubt for a moment that NBA teams wanted to get him over here. However he is 31 now, according to everyone but you, is slowing down a bit and never was very fast to begin with. He is not a great shooter, and I personally believe that his ballhandling isn't as good as some of the top PGs in the NBA. That is why the Rigodeau comparison is very accurate.

So size is his greatest asset, yet that alone doesn't get you very far in the NBA. If I was Teo I would keep gathering honors with CSKA and be happy. He is a god in Europe, and there is no need to tarnish it now.

p.s Saras Jasikevicius was pretty darn good at the Euroleague before he came over to the NBA as well. He was rightly considered the best guard in Europe, and he really could do everything. But when you try to come over at 27-28 or whatever it was, especially for a guard, it makes it very hard to adjust.

p.s2 This love that you have with Spanoulis has to stop man, it's ridiculous. He is NOT the best player in Europe, you could argue he is not the best player at Panathinaikos either. Only you keep believing this.

ClingingMars
05-10-2008, 07:39 PM
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/deargod_stop.jpg

- Mars

Kobayagi
05-10-2008, 08:39 PM
This love that you have with Spanoulis has to stop man, it's ridiculous. He is NOT the best player in Europe, you could argue he is not the best player at Panathinaikos either. Only you keep believing this.

Ok, Kill_bill_pana, let me take this one:

"You obviously just like other stupid amerikkan fan not knows basketball. Spanoulis not only best player in Europe by far, he also best in nba if van gundy not fuck him up."

So, how did I do? :king

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-10-2008, 08:52 PM
If Spanoulis is as bad as fans makes him to be why coach Giannakis and coach Obradovic make such statement? Coach Giannakis say he is best player of national team and Diamantidis and Papalouklas is on team. Coach Obradovic say he is most talent player he have ever coach. This include all teammate on PAO and many great player he coach over years.

Do basketball fan know more then these two which is considers by many top 10 even top 5 coach in world? Do Van Gundy who is only consider above average coach in NBA not nothing close to top 5-10 coach in world knows more than them?

Biggems
05-10-2008, 09:45 PM

dude his mom was very ill. he wanted to be with her in case she passed. i can understand his loyalty to his parents and putting them as a priority in his life. here in america, we send our parents to nursing homes and forget about them....but in other countries, the children actually care for their family as they get old.

if he comes back to the NBA, he will definitely give the Spurs a look before he gives the Rockets a look. He is greatful to the Spurs for giving him the buyout he was desperately seeking. The Spurs did him a big favor, just as they did Scola and the Rockets one.

I have not seen VSpan play, so I do not know if he is good or bad. I just think it is sad to bash a guy for wanting to be there to assist an ill parent.

DaDakota
05-11-2008, 12:21 AM
I want VSpan back.

DD

Indazone
05-11-2008, 12:29 AM
I want VSpan back.

DD

LOL why don't you post the Papaloukas news on the Rockets board. I'm not gonna go anywhere near that one.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-11-2008, 12:52 AM
Since no American fan heres believe me of what Theo can do I ask Greek friend on youtube who make videos for Spanouli to make video for Papaloukas to show what he can do. He is very good with make these videos and he record many games of such great Greek players. He make video and he sends to me it is just new video make for this board to shuts them up. I shows him topic here and he gets mad at same American bashings of greatest Greek players.

This is video he make

g98ZR90KuEE

eisfeld
05-11-2008, 02:08 AM
If Spanoulis is as bad as fans makes him to be why coach Giannakis and coach Obradovic make such statement? Coach Giannakis say he is best player of national team and Diamantidis and Papalouklas is on team.

Dude, you seriously need to stop. That's pathetic. You act like no NBA Team has quality scouts. They know how good those guys are in Europe but they also know that they have problems adjusting to the NBA. You seem to forget that playing in Europe is different to playing in the NBA. And there is no reason why some European players think they could demand more money than the number 1 draft pick gets in his first season. Look at the other foreign players who played in Europe and now play in the NBA. 1st: They needed time to adjust
2nd: they were willing to take pay cuts - Two things your precious Spanoulis was not keen on. His fault - he could have done better.

And on Papaloukas:
He is a very good player in Europe. I like his style, his courtvision and work ethic but - he is too slow to play in the NBA. If he really wants to play there - he should sign for a minimum contract to see if he can make the adjustment.

and btw... I still think that Marc Gasol is the best player in Europe - not V-Span

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-11-2008, 02:23 AM
Dude, you seriously need to stop. That's pathetic. You act like no NBA Team has quality scouts. They know how good those guys are in Europe but they also know that they have problems adjusting to the NBA. You seem to forget that playing in Europe is different to playing in the NBA. And there is no reason why some European players think they could demand more money than the number 1 draft pick gets in his first season. Look at the other foreign players who played in Europe and now play in the NBA. 1st: They needed time to adjust
2nd: they were willing to take pay cuts - Two things your precious Spanoulis was not keen on. His fault - he could have done better.

And on Papaloukas:
He is a very good player in Europe. I like his style, his courtvision and work ethic but - he is too slow to play in the NBA. If he really wants to play there - he should sign for a minimum contract to see if he can make the adjustment.

and btw... I still think that Marc Gasol is the best player in Europe - not V-Span

Americans act like Greece and US game never happen in 2006. After Olympics we will see if this same arrogant ideas about Greek players exist. If these greatest of Greek players is so poor then what must be wrong with American players that they cannot even beat team of such poor players.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-11-2008, 02:55 AM
Americans act like Greece and US game never happen in 2006. After Olympics we will see if this same arrogant ideas about Greek players exist. If these greatest of Greek players is so poor then what must be wrong with American players that they cannot even beat team of such poor players.

See... this is the problem. You know why you rub people the wrong way here? Its not because people don't like Spanoulis. Its the fact that you have such an overwhelmingly obvious bias towards your Greek players that no one will take your opinion seriously after reading just one of your posts. You pimp Greek players, mainly just because they are Greek, and you get pissed off when people don't agree that V-Span is the greatest shit since sliced bread...

Seriously, quit trying to shove Greek players down everybody's throat for a while, and people might come around to your way of thinking. Specially if this guy is as good as you say. Otherwise you're only making it worse.

eisfeld
05-11-2008, 04:38 AM

You also do remember that the Rules at the Olympics are different from the NBA rules. Check out this quote:

"I think this is the NBA, one against five," Papaloukas said. "It's different rules" in the worlds.

Second fact is that you said you almost beat spain in their country - first of all i do not consider 70 - 47 eligible for "We almost beat Spain", secondly Gasol was missing. And I have to give Manumaniac right - you act like everyone is a douchebag except for your beloved players. You can't cope with the fact that it is not only the NBA coaches who screwed up, it's the players as well. V-Span couldn't succeed under Adelman and was traded to the Spurs where he failed to impress the coaching staff and demanded too much money. Same with Papaloukas, if he turned down full MLE offers from three teams it's his own fault he isn't playing in the NBA. Hey may get a chance if he is willing to sign with a team for less than the full MLE. But I doubt it.

Don't forget that every player has to make the transition from Euroleague to the NBA and the other way round. You player failed - get over it. He might get a second chance and I hope so because he has talent but he has to accept whatever the teams are willing to pay. It's ridiculous to think that V-Span or Papaloukas are worth more e.g. Devin Harris, Andre Iguodala, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng etc... they are yound players who had to earn a reputation to be able to sign a contract extension worth more than the MLE and V-Span does not have such a reputation. Neither has Papaloukas. They should play for the Minimum or 1,4 at max for 1-2 years and then if they have proven they are worth it sign them for more.

endrity
05-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Ok, Kill_bill_pana, let me take this one:

"You obviously just like other stupid amerikkan fan not knows basketball. Spanoulis not only best player in Europe by far, he also best in nba if van gundy not fuck him up."

So, how did I do? :king

Post of the day

KBP is reaching SpursDynasty level really quickly.

The thing about is we know SD does most of his things just to stirr people up, KBP really believes his stuff.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-11-2008, 08:46 AM

Yea, we don't really care.

TDMVPDPOY
05-11-2008, 09:03 AM

you forgot green text font = sarcasm

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-11-2008, 02:57 PM
You also do remember that the Rules at the Olympics are different from the NBA rules. Check out this quote:

Second fact is that you said you almost beat spain in their country - first of all i do not consider 70 - 47 eligible for "We almost beat Spain", secondly Gasol was missing. And I have to give Manumaniac right - you act like everyone is a douchebag except for your beloved players. You can't cope with the fact that it is not only the NBA coaches who screwed up, it's the players as well. V-Span couldn't succeed under Adelman and was traded to the Spurs where he failed to impress the coaching staff and demanded too much money. Same with Papaloukas, if he turned down full MLE offers from three teams it's his own fault he isn't playing in the NBA. Hey may get a chance if he is willing to sign with a team for less than the full MLE. But I doubt it.

Don't forget that every player has to make the transition from Euroleague to the NBA and the other way round. You player failed - get over it. He might get a second chance and I hope so because he has talent but he has to accept whatever the teams are willing to pay. It's ridiculous to think that V-Span or Papaloukas are worth more e.g. Devin Harris, Andre Iguodala, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng etc... they are yound players who had to earn a reputation to be able to sign a contract extension worth more than the MLE and V-Span does not have such a reputation. Neither has Papaloukas. They should play for the Minimum or 1,4 at max for 1-2 years and then if they have proven they are worth it sign them for more.

Greece beat US at 2006 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP not Olympics. Spain beat Greece without two of Greece starters on Spain home floor 82-77 in 2007 EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS. Gasol played game in 2007 Euro championship and Greece do not have Fotsis and Sofo and Spanoulis almost beat them even without two starters by himself. You keep make excuse for why US lose game to Greece but in past American players NEVER have these problems before only these excuse come when they lose Argentina and Greece.

You know nothing about international basketball.

Spanoulis did NOT play for Adelman.

Indazone
05-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Greece beat US at 2006 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP not Olympics. Spain beat Greece without two of Greece starters on Spain home floor 82-77 in 2007 EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS. Gasol played game in 2007 Euro championship and Greece do not have Fotsis and Sofo and Spanoulis almost beat them even without two starters by himself. You keep make excuse for why US lose game to Greece but in past American players NEVER have these problems before only these excuse come when they lose Argentina and Greece.

You know nothing about international basketball.

Spanoulis did NOT play for Adelman.

So Bill, What's your prediction for the Suns if they hire Van Gundy as coach?

eisfeld
05-11-2008, 06:15 PM

I was talking about 2006 Spain - Greece where Spain played without Gasol.
Secondly, I never searched for an excuse when Greece beat the US. That was a nice accomplishment. The Adelman part is true - my bad and sorry for that. But it doesn't change the meaning of my post. You just have to consider the fact that International team basketball is different to the NBA. There are teams in Europe who can beat NBA teams and the other way round. It's the adjustment the teams have to make - if greece would play the USA in a game which is played with NBA rules, your country would be a tough matchup but I still think the US would end up winning the game. The other way round - in a game with International rules Greece may have the upside. People seem to believe that there is no difference between playing International basketball and NBA basketball - but the transition is difficult for any team. That's why euro players only succeed in the NBA when they are able to make that transition - and that's why not all NBA players playing in Europe succeed. It's like comparing the fast paced NHL hockey to European hockey. Same sport - different game.

My point is that you seem biased towards your players because they are successful in Europe. And believe me, a player who has talent and is willing to make the transition will be good in the NBA. Or at least quality material like Gabarjosa. V-Span has talent but failed - if he get's another chance I hope he succeeds because I like his style. But first he has to earn a spot on a team and he has to earn playing time.
[/QUOTE]

Pero
05-11-2008, 06:19 PM

With this statement you just invalidated everything you have ever said about basketball. :lol

Pero
05-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Greece beat US at 2006 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP not Olympics.

And Spain beat Greece at that same championship. :lol

Pero
05-11-2008, 06:24 PM
See... this is the problem. You know why you rub people the wrong way here? Its not because people don't like Spanoulis. Its the fact that you have such an overwhelmingly obvious bias towards your Greek players that no one will take your opinion seriously after reading just one of your posts. You pimp Greek players, mainly just because they are Greek, and you get pissed off when people don't agree that V-Span is the greatest shit since sliced bread...

Seriously, quit trying to shove Greek players down everybody's throat for a while, and people might come around to your way of thinking. Specially if this guy is as good as you say. Otherwise you're only making it worse.

Exactly.

endrity
05-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Eisfeld,

you're arguing with a wall. A lot of people have tried talking some sense to him before, but he never gets it. He lives in his little bubble.

Indazone
05-11-2008, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't mind giving Spanoulis another chance. With Adleman he'd get playing time. Morey didn't really want to let him go but since his sights were set on going home anyways, this trade was to the Spurs to get Scola which directly addressed a need of the Rockets at Power Forward.

The Spurs at the time also knew what they were buying. Perhaps they could talke Spanoulis into staying but barring that and he went home anyways, they would save a ton of money because they wouldn't have to pay his contract and it would come off the books.

Morey always said that he thought Spanoulis could develop into a good NBA point guard and help out the Rockets. Another year and Spanoulis under Adleman could have been something. If only he had been more patient and given the new incoming coach a chance or if he had given Popovich a chance, he might now be in the Spurs rotation. Certainly he is better than mighty mouse Damon Stoudamire. He would have been backing up Ginobili and Parker which isn't a bad place to be. Vaughn would have gotten far less minutes but that's not to be.

Thank you for Scola anyways :toast

armand0
05-11-2008, 08:36 PM
(irrelevent to topic) papaloukas would be great for orlando

eisfeld
05-12-2008, 04:25 AM
Eisfeld,

you're arguing with a wall. A lot of people have tried talking some sense to him before, but he never gets it. He lives in his little bubble.

Pretty accurate ;)

endrity
05-12-2008, 06:05 AM
(irrelevent to topic) papaloukas would be great for orlando

I think he would be great for the Nuggets to be honest.

First it gives them the big, really big in his case, PG to pair up with Iverson in the backcourt.

He plays in a system where not much defense is required out of him.

The Nuggs are already pretty good at running the fastbreak without him, so his lack of speed won't be an issue here.

And most importantly he gives them a very smart guy in the halfcourt, which they seriously need.

endrity
05-12-2008, 06:06 AM
Pretty accurate ;)

By the way I agree with most of what you have said, I salute your for your knowledge of the international game. There are a couple of posters here that really amaze me with how well the follow Fiba tournaments, and Euroleague as well.

eisfeld
05-12-2008, 10:31 AM
By the way I agree with most of what you have said, I salute your for your knowledge of the international game. There are a couple of posters here that really amaze me with how well the follow Fiba tournaments, and Euroleague as well.

Thanks :) Its pretty easy to explain - I live in Europe and Euroleague and FIBA tournaments are the only games I can watch before 4 a.m.
I do not consider my knowledge of International basketball as good. I just watch the occasional game and follow several players. Its just that the biggest difference is the pace of the game and a slight variety of rules compared to the NBA which makes the game so different from NBA basketball. European players have proven that they can make the transition to NBA basketball but the majority fails despite of being very talented. Being a star in Europe does not mean that one is automatically a star in the NBA. Take Sarunas Jasikevicius for example, he had the talent to play in the NBA but he failed because of money issues and off the court issues (e.g. not willing to learn english) - I think those players should not play in the NBA anymore. V-Span is different - he is talented but he had bad luck with van gundy and popovich but he also demanded too much money. If he gets another chance I'll be happy for him but he still has to prove he is worth playing in the NBA.

Regarding Papaloukas it's different - the guy has the game to play here but he's not getting younger. It's a now or never situation. His lack of speed is a disadvantage but I can see him succeed on a team which plays slow-paced basketball. As someone pointed out, Orlando would be a good fit for him, but I can as well see him on a team with deadly shooters from beyond the arc because of his pretty good passing ability. He turned down several offers last year and I think therefore his value in the NBA dropped. I'm not sure a team is willing to pay him the Full MLE over 2 years as the Heat offered. I believe he signs a contract worth half the MLE this off-season or he stays in Europe like Javtokas.

DaDakota
05-12-2008, 10:44 AM
I wouldn't mind giving Spanoulis another chance. With Adleman he'd get playing time. Morey didn't really want to let him go but since his sights were set on going home anyways, this trade was to the Spurs to get Scola which directly addressed a need of the Rockets at Power Forward.

The Spurs at the time also knew what they were buying. Perhaps they could talke Spanoulis into staying but barring that and he went home anyways, they would save a ton of money because they wouldn't have to pay his contract and it would come off the books.

Morey always said that he thought Spanoulis could develop into a good NBA point guard and help out the Rockets. Another year and Spanoulis under Adleman could have been something. If only he had been more patient and given the new incoming coach a chance or if he had given Popovich a chance, he might now be in the Spurs rotation. Certainly he is better than mighty mouse Damon Stoudamire. He would have been backing up Ginobili and Parker which isn't a bad place to be. Vaughn would have gotten far less minutes but that's not to be.

Thank you for Scola anyways :toast

Exactly !

V-Span would be the starting PG on the Rockets RIGHT now....if he came back.

Rafer Alston is garbage, and if Kill Bill really wants to come back and take a whiz in JVG's lunch box, the door is open for him in Houston.

All I care about is the team getting better, and V-Span would be a free addition that makes the Rockets better.

SIGN ME UP !!

Kill Bill,

Since Billy will be a complete free agent do you think he is considering a return to the NBA? I know a lot of teams would be very interested in him.

DD

Kobayagi
05-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Take Sarunas Jasikevicius for example, he had the talent to play in the NBA but he failed because of money issues and off the court issues (e.g. not willing to learn english)

You got source for this? Before Sarunas became a major european basketball star he played in my country for Union Olimpija and if I'm not crazy I remember him speaking almost perfect english with american accent. Didn't he play college ball in the states as well? Or at least high school?

DaDakota
05-12-2008, 11:00 AM
You got source for this? Before Sarunas became a major european basketball star he played in my country for Union Olimpija and if I'm not crazy I remember him speaking almost perfect english with american accent. Didn't he play college ball in the states as well? Or at least high school?

He speaks English very well, and played at the university of Maryland....

He did fall into a bad situation in the NBA, and might have thrived elsewhere, but the English bit is pure hogwash.

DD

DOMINATOR
05-12-2008, 11:34 AM
the guy is good because look who he is playing against... scrubs. some college players could go over there and dominate.
this guy being compared to T-Mac is a joke.

robbie380
05-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Exactly !

V-Span would be the starting PG on the Rockets RIGHT now....if he came back.

Rafer Alston is garbage, and if Kill Bill really wants to come back and take a whiz in JVG's lunch box, the door is open for him in Houston.

All I care about is the team getting better, and V-Span would be a free addition that makes the Rockets better.

SIGN ME UP !!

Kill Bill,

Since Billy will be a complete free agent do you think he is considering a return to the NBA? I know a lot of teams would be very interested in him.

DD

great....it begins again...

spanoulis is a chump. if he would have grown some balls and stayed one more year then he would have had his chance under adelman. instead he decided to quit. :nope

stretch
05-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Man, I'm sick of these fucking dumbass threads. if these guys are so fucking good (better than Jason Kidd, Jose Calderon, Rafer Alston, etc...) they should have no problem getting into the NBA and dominating. but they never do. im willing to bet that this guy being talked about is maybe half as good as JJ Barea.

Indazone
05-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Sarunas sucks. He is too slow to get his shot off in the NBA. He's slow now with Pana. Spanoulis is a better player than Sara. The only thing Sara has going for him is a good 3 pt shot. Other than that, he's like the Red Rocket Bonner. Heck Bonner is better than Sara because at least Bonner made the team.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-12-2008, 02:26 PM
the guy is good because look who he is playing against... scrubs. some college players could go over there and dominate.
this guy being compared to T-Mac is a joke.

Where do this attitude comes from in US? MOST American NBA players that plays year or two in NBA and has to leave and got to Euroleague is either role player there or gets cut from team. And there is very few college players of US becomes good Euroleague players.

Yes there is some former NBA players like Batiste and Langdon which becomes good Euroleague players but they is many time better than when play in NBA. Mike Batiste can barely make a layup or dribble or pass when Panathinaikos signs him. He is now complete offense player because in Europe good coaches develop players not throws them away like NBA coaches do.

There is no college player in US can dominate in Euroleague. NOT ONE. This player do not exist and you are crazy if you believe this. Your best colleges players is rate as Beasly and Rose and such players. You are stupid fool and nothing more if you believe they will even get good minutes in Papaloukas team. They will not even play at all in such team as CSKA which Papaloulas play for.

And he have great game against US and US was beat by Greece. I guess he also play against "scrubs" when beat US. It is these such statement that is ridiculous and then other American fans gets mad and says I am liar. How can you even talk with such people?

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Man, I'm sick of these fucking dumbass threads. if these guys are so fucking good (better than Jason Kidd, Jose Calderon, Rafer Alston, etc...) they should have no problem getting into the NBA and dominating. but they never do. im willing to bet that this guy being talked about is maybe half as good as JJ Barea.

This is so ridiculous it is almost unreal to make such post. Why is basketball fans of all place other than US knows ALL ballers of ALL world but US knows ONLY NBA ballers? Is all US like this for all sports and athlete?

JJ Barea for sure is superior to this player :downspin:

g98ZR90KuEE

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Sarunas sucks. He is too slow to get his shot off in the NBA. He's slow now with Pana. Spanoulis is a better player than Sara. The only thing Sara has going for him is a good 3 pt shot. Other than that, he's like the Red Rocket Bonner. Heck Bonner is better than Sara because at least Bonner made the team.

Saras is good ball handler and good shooter off dribble he is terrible defender though. He is better than Bonner you go bit to far in judge him. Compare player like Scola he is very poor but I believe he is definite better than Bonner.

Flight3107
05-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Papaloukas sucks

end of thread

DaDakota
05-12-2008, 02:46 PM
great....it begins again...

spanoulis is a chump. if he would have grown some balls and stayed one more year then he would have had his chance under adelman. instead he decided to quit. :nope

Robbie, I don't disagree with you, but I also think that if I was in that situation and it was my career, I would have done some of the same things as V-Span.

Think about it, he got out of a bad situation where he hated his coach, gets to go back and play for more money and now if he wants to go to the NBA, he is a complete FREE AGENT and can make the best deal possible for him and his career.

From his standpoint, it was sheer brilliance.

Yes, he whined his way out of Houston, but the way JVG treated him, can you really blame him?

I think players should do whatever is best for themselves.....just like Steve Francis and Vancouver or John Elway and the Colts.....no differnce with V-Span.

DD

Twisted_Dawg
05-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Why when I read that disptch do I find myself reading with some European accent?

Indazone
05-12-2008, 04:04 PM
I would take Papaloukas or Spanoulis for a spin with the Rockets. If we got Alston as our starting pt. guard, we sure could use the help. As it is, no I still think Sara sucks. Bad with the Pacers and bad with Golden State. He was supposed to take over the shooting role left by Miller with Indiana but was too slow to get his shot off. He was ineffective with Golden State. He might have a little ball handling skills but he can't get his shot off fast enough in the NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-12-2008, 04:22 PM
I would take Papaloukas or Spanoulis for a spin with the Rockets. If we got Alston as our starting pt. guard, we sure could use the help. As it is, no I still think Sara sucks. Bad with the Pacers and bad with Golden State. He was supposed to take over the shooting role left by Miller with Indiana but was too slow to get his shot off. He was ineffective with Golden State. He might have a little ball handling skills but he can't get his shot off fast enough in the NBA.

Maybe I not clear because of language. Yes Saras sucks. I just disagree he is worse than Bonner. No he actual better player than Bonner. But yes he do suck. I cannot believe how some PAO fan think he great player. He is suck player even in Greek league this year if ask me. But you must understand even then he has more skill than Bonner.

Bonner is terrible. Why in world Spurs gives him such contract as Scola gets? Even Rockets have player that is big and can only shoot 3 point shots Novak and he make much much less then Bonner. Also Novak is actual much better shooter then Bonner, not even close in shoots ability.

Spurs must be crazy give Bonner such contract even more crazy then PAO gives Saras such contract he get.

stretch
05-12-2008, 04:32 PM
This is so ridiculous it is almost unreal to make such post. Why is basketball fans of all place other than US knows ALL ballers of ALL world but US knows ONLY NBA ballers? Is all US like this for all sports and athlete?

g98ZR90KuEE

I'm not sure what the video is that you posted, because Youtube is blocked where I work. However, JJ has made it on an NBA team and has made contributions. What has the guy you are raving about done?

And apparently the NBA is considering internationally the place to play, considering the best basketball players from countries like Argentina, Germany, etc... all come to play here.

You wanna know what is unreal? It's unreal to make posts saying that an unproven basketball player who hasn't played a minute in the NBA is better than Jason Kidd, who is one of the best PGs to ever play basketball and has lots of experience under his belt, while still playing at a very high level... oh and has won a Gold medal in the process, since international play is so important to you. Oh, and get ready to see him lead another US team to an Olympic Gold Medal in a few months...

stretch
05-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Where do this attitude comes from in US? MOST American NBA players that plays year or two in NBA and has to leave and got to Euroleague is either role player there or gets cut from team. And there is very few college players of US becomes good Euroleague players.

There is a difference between shitty american players and teams full of stars with guys like T-Mac, Lebron, Kobe, Wade, etc...

There are shitty players in Europe that cannot succeed at a high level of play as well. Those players exist everywhere. Not just the US. Your arguments are absolutely fucking shitty.

endrity
05-12-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm not sure what the video is that you posted, because Youtube is blocked where I work. However, JJ has made it on an NBA team and has made contributions. What has the guy you are raving about done?

And apparently the NBA is considering internationally the place to play, considering the best basketball players from countries like Argentina, Germany, etc... all come to play here.

You wanna know what is unreal? It's unreal to make posts saying that an unproven basketball player who hasn't played a minute in the NBA is better than Jason Kidd, who is one of the best PGs to ever play basketball and has lots of experience under his belt, while still playing at a very high level... oh and has won a Gold medal in the process, since international play is so important to you. Oh, and get ready to see him lead another US team to an Olympic Gold Medal in a few months...

Dude, trust me, Papaloukas is better than JJ Barea! Kill Bill is obviously very biased when it comes to Greek players, because he is Greek himself.

However the Euroleague is very very tough competition. No college team would come close to sniffing a win against any of these guys. I have no doubt that Papaloukas, just like many others, would have had a good NBA career if he came over early enough. However not everyone dreams about playing in the NBA. The economics have changed.* Top Euroleague players make more money than the NBA MLE, especially considering the weakening of the dollar compared to the euro. Not everyone wants to take a pay cut for 2-3 years, before he can get a bigger NBA contract. That is why guys like Javtokas, Diamantidis, Papaloukas, Smodis maybe, never come over to the NBA. That is why Dejan Bodiroga who was the best Yougoslavian player of the 90s (yes, including Divac and Peja) never seriously considered coming over to the NBA. They were treated like gods, made very good money, no need to give that up.

*There was an article by Hollinger, who is an econ grad, that explains very well some of the changes in economics that are happening right now. Hollinger actually argued, that if the league keeps pushing the age limit to 20, it would make perfect sense for the top high school players to go to Europe for 2 years. They would make money, AND receive much better coaching than they would in shitty NCAA play. It makes perfect sense actually. The only thing is that there would be a cultural barrier of sorts for 18 year olds to go overseas, however Europeans do it when they come to the NBA. No reason Americans can't get adjusted. Plus it's not like living in Rome, Madrid, Athens is actually a bad thing. No way living in college can match that.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-12-2008, 05:17 PM

g98ZR90KuEE

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/Shad-Shad_2006/Domo.jpg

Indazone
05-12-2008, 05:21 PM

Another gold medal? When was the last time Team USA won the gold medal in Olympics basketball? No medal in 2002, Bronze medal in 2004. Nothing is guaranteed for 2008.

Indazone
05-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Dude, trust me, Papaloukas is better than JJ Barea! Kill Bill is obviously very biased when it comes to Greek players, because he is Greek himself.

However the Euroleague is very very tough competition. No college team would come close to sniffing a win against any of these guys. I have no doubt that Papaloukas, just like many others, would have had a good NBA career if he came over early enough. However not everyone dreams about playing in the NBA. The economics have changed.* Top Euroleague players make more money than the NBA MLE, especially considering the weakening of the dollar compared to the euro. Not everyone wants to take a pay cut for 2-3 years, before he can get a bigger NBA contract. That is why guys like Javtokas, Diamantidis, Papaloukas, Smodis maybe, never come over to the NBA. That is why Dejan Bodiroga who was the best Yougoslavian player of the 90s (yes, including Divac and Peja) never seriously considered coming over to the NBA. They were treated like gods, made very good money, no need to give that up.

*There was an article by Hollinger, who is an econ grad, that explains very well some of the changes in economics that are happening right now. Hollinger actually argued, that if the league keeps pushing the age limit to 20, it would make perfect sense for the top high school players to go to Europe for 2 years. They would make money, AND receive much better coaching than they would in shitty NCAA play. It makes perfect sense actually. The only thing is that there would be a cultural barrier of sorts for 18 year olds to go overseas, however Europeans do it when they come to the NBA. No reason Americans can't get adjusted. Plus it's not like living in Rome, Madrid, Athens is actually a bad thing. No way living in college can match that.

True and I also would have liked to have seen what Sabonis could have done if he had played in the NBA when he was 20 something.

ClingingMars
05-12-2008, 05:26 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/Shad-Shad_2006/Domo.jpg

eisfeld
05-12-2008, 06:22 PM

my bad, just checked with my sources and i confused saras with macijauskas or whatever the guy's name is.

endrity
05-12-2008, 08:35 PM
True and I also would have liked to have seen what Sabonis could have done if he had played in the NBA when he was 20 something.

He would be remembered behind Hakeem and Shaq as the 3rd best center, of a golden era for centers in the league. He was simply amazing, and with that deep Blazers team of the early to mid 90s they might have won a title against the first three peat Bulls.

endrity
05-12-2008, 08:39 PM
my bad, just checked with my sources and i confused saras with macijauskas or whatever the guy's name is.

You mean Arvydas Macijauskas. The guy the Hornets send to the NBDL the season following the 04 Olympics. I was surprised it got no press at all at the time, because Maci was probably the best player in the early round defeat of the US by Lithuania. He was on fire that game.

I guess I know now why he suddenly dissapeared.

p.s just checked his Wiki profile, and appearently he had some harsh words for the Hornets, coach Scott, and the NBA in general. Sometimes making the adjustment is much more mental than physical. It still amazes me how well Darko plays with Serbia, and then seems to not care one bit in the NBA.

Indazone
05-12-2008, 08:54 PM
You mean Arvydas Macijauskas. The guy the Hornets send to the NBDL the season following the 04 Olympics. I was surprised it got no press at all at the time, because Maci was probably the best player in the early round defeat of the US by Lithuania. He was on fire that game.

I guess I know now why he suddenly dissapeared.

p.s just checked his Wiki profile, and appearently he had some harsh words for the Hornets, coach Scott, and the NBA in general. Sometimes making the adjustment is much more mental than physical. It still amazes me how well Darko plays with Serbia, and then seems to not care one bit in the NBA.

I think Darko will come back next year and actually make some noise. Call me the eternal optimist.

endrity
05-12-2008, 09:14 PM
I think Darko will come back next year and actually make some noise. Call me the eternal optimist.

I was hoping for him until this year. I remember watching him play for the Pistons his rookie year, and I swear I could see why he was drafted. Amazing athlete, great coordination, great footwork, and a mean streak into him that a big man needs. But he keeps getting into these bad situations.

Detroit - championship team with no space for rookies
Orlando- post touches had to go to Dwight to develop him
Memphis- that organization, and that coach, were changing plans every day

Maybe he actually starts playing like he plays for Serbia, but I think he really needs to go somewhere where he can have a role, a strong veteran presence who will support him and he will flourish. I would love to have him on Dallas, I will tell you that.

Indazone
05-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Fans here know basketball! :king:danceclub:toast

Unlike another BBall site I know.

endrity
05-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Fans here know basketball! :king:danceclub:toast

Unlike another BBall site I know.

We all knew we knew NBA ball. It seems like we all know quite a bit of international ball as well.

Indazone
05-13-2008, 10:57 PM
What I want to know is why have Vasilis stats all gone South for the 2007-2008 season???

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Vassilis-Spanoulis-5209/stats/

stretch
05-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Another gold medal? When was the last time Team USA won the gold medal in Olympics basketball? No medal in 2002, Bronze medal in 2004. Nothing is guaranteed for 2008.

Do your research and get back to me.

stretch
05-14-2008, 08:33 AM

I have no doubt that there are very talented players in Europe and such. I never doubted that for one second. My point was, its fucking ridiculous to say that a player that has never played a minute in the NBA, who has the best players from around the world, including the US players, is better than elite experienced ballers such as Jason Kidd. There is no question that the NBA has the most competition in the world for a league, especially when you look and see that the top players from so many different countries (Dirk - Germany, Nash - Canada, Ginobili/Oberto/Scola/Delfino/Nocioni - Argentina, Parker/Diaw/Pietrus - France, Gasol/Calderon - Spain, Okur - Turkey, Yao - China, Barbosa/Nene - Brazil, Peja - Yugoslavia, and the list goes on...)

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2008, 10:18 AM
What I want to know is why have Vasilis stats all gone South for the 2007-2008 season???

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Vassilis-Spanoulis-5209/stats/

I have say this over and over stats in Europe is complete different than NBA. Until American fans understands this is not possible have serious talks with them about "Euro" basketball.

Indazone
05-14-2008, 10:23 AM
I have say this over and over stats in Europe is complete different than NBA. Until American fans understands this is not possible have serious talks with them about "Euro" basketball.

Not when you compare his stats this year to his previous years in Euroleague.

stretch
05-14-2008, 10:23 AM

Until you understand that NBA has higher competition and the best players come here to compete, and that comparing unknown players and saying they are better than world known superstars, it is not possible to have serious discussions with people like you about basketball, period.

Indazone
05-14-2008, 10:24 AM
His 2007-2008 numbers are clearly worse than his 2005-2006 numbers.

stretch
05-14-2008, 10:25 AM

lol no question. i dont see how it has anything to do with NBA stats or whatever that guy was fussing about.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2008, 11:34 AM

Not really. He was much better this year. Faster, stronger, quicker, better point guard instinct and better at directs team as point guard. Also better range on 3 point shot. You realize stats of players will go down obvious when add player like Saras to team who is not there in other year.

Instead of him and Diamantidis in point guard is them and Saras. This is one of reasons chemistry of team is so bad this last year. And as I say again American NBA fans cannot understand Europe stats. They not even try understands them. They not able grasp 15 points 5 assists in Europe is like 25 points 10 assists in NBA.

Let me put this way NBA fans see Spanouli stats and he "sucks" even I see such topic in Rockets board but he is player on #4 rate team in all Europe for this whole season and he lead team in scoring points and also in assists and he is also league Greek league in assists.

What American fan not understand is in NBA it not possible to be on 4 best team in league and lead scorer of team average 11 points. But this is how is in in Europe especially in very deep team like Panathinaikos.

If American NBA fan would just take 5 minute to look at stats by team percentage or team stats they maybe understand at least basic thing of these players. But they refuse do this. Like when last years Navarro average 16 points per game he leading scorer of all Euroleague. NBA fans sees 16 point in Euroleague and believe this like 3rd option of team and stupid things like this.

Or how on Rockets board idiot Sam Fisher cannot understand assist in Europe is like 2 in NBA. The rule for count assist is not even same. Look at stat of Euroleague 5-6 assist is LEAD Euroleague every year. NBA fan see player with 5 assist and say stupid thing like "horrible assist turnover ratio".

Spanouli in other year with PAO is leads team score but not assist this year he lead them in score and assist. Trust me he is better player than he were before go to NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2008, 11:36 AM
lol no question. i dont see how it has anything to do with NBA stats or whatever that guy was fussing about.

Because in NBA 11-12 point and 3-4 assist average is not lead team if top 4 team in NBA but it do in Euroleague. You need at least make attempt to understand difference between stats in these leagues and look at team stats and understand possession and times of games and pace and such. But NBA fans it seems is not smart enough to do this simple thing.

stretch
05-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Not really. He was much better this year. Faster, stronger, quicker, better point guard instinct and better at directs team as point guard. Also better range on 3 point shot.

Being faster, stronger, quicker, and having better instincts/range has absolutely nothing to do with numbers. How retarded are you? Sometimes I wonder if you are a real person, or simply a troll trying to fuck around with some of the stupid shit you say...

In terms of stats, he clearly had an inferior year this season, than 2 years ago.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Until you understand that NBA has higher competition and the best players come here to compete, and that comparing unknown players and saying they are better than world known superstars, it is not possible to have serious discussions with people like you about basketball, period.

Until you grow brain you cannot be reason with. I have NEVER say NBA is not best league it is best league. You makes up lies I never say such thing. This is typical tactic that Americans in these boards use. In American schools debate skill is obvious not teach to average person.

What I say is that until fans of NBA like YOU not understand not all best players is in NBA then YOU is person with very poor basketball knowledge and cannot be take serious in these discussion. If you think all best players in world is in NBA you are either ignorant of players around world or you are just dumb.

stretch
05-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Because in NBA 11-12 point and 3-4 assist average is not lead team if top 4 team in NBA but it do in Euroleague. You need at least make attempt to understand difference between stats in these leagues and look at team stats and understand possession and times of games and pace and such. But NBA fans it seems is not smart enough to do this simple thing.

OMFG :bang

GO BACK AND LOOK AT THE FUCKING STATS. THEY COMPARE HIS LAST TWO SEASONS IN EUROLEAGUE. 2005-2006 >>> 2007-2008 STATS.

stretch
05-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Until you grow brain you cannot be reason with. I have NEVER say NBA is not best league it is best league. You makes up lies I never say such thing. This is typical tactic that Americans in these boards use. In American schools debate skill is obvious not teach to average person.

What I say is that until fans of NBA like YOU not understand not all best players is in NBA then YOU is person with very poor basketball knowledge and cannot be take serious in these discussion. If you think all best players in world is in NBA you are either ignorant of players around world or you are just dumb.

Fail.

GTFO.

Indazone
05-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Not really. He was much better this year. Faster, stronger, quicker, better point guard instinct and better at directs team as point guard. Also better range on 3 point shot. You realize stats of players will go down obvious when add player like Saras to team who is not there in other year.

Instead of him and Diamantidis in point guard is them and Saras. This is one of reasons chemistry of team is so bad this last year. And as I say again American NBA fans cannot understand Europe stats. They not even try understands them. They not able grasp 15 points 5 assists in Europe is like 25 points 10 assists in NBA.

Let me put this way NBA fans see Spanouli stats and he "sucks" even I see such topic in Rockets board but he is player on #4 rate team in all Europe for this whole season and he lead team in scoring points and also in assists and he is also league Greek league in assists.

What American fan not understand is in NBA it not possible to be on 4 best team in league and lead scorer of team average 11 points. But this is how is in in Europe especially in very deep team like Panathinaikos.

If American NBA fan would just take 5 minute to look at stats by team percentage or team stats they maybe understand at least basic thing of these players. But they refuse do this. Like when last years Navarro average 16 points per game he leading scorer of all Euroleague. NBA fans sees 16 point in Euroleague and believe this like 3rd option of team and stupid things like this.

Or how on Rockets board idiot Sam Fisher cannot understand assist in Europe is like 2 in NBA. The rule for count assist is not even same. Look at stat of Euroleague 5-6 assist is LEAD Euroleague every year. NBA fan see player with 5 assist and say stupid thing like "horrible assist turnover ratio".

Spanouli in other year with PAO is leads team score but not assist this year he lead them in score and assist. Trust me he is better player than he were before go to NBA.

I suspected as much and that is why I asked you this question. But this anser is satisfactory for me.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Being faster, stronger, quicker, and having better instincts/range has absolutely nothing to do with numbers. How retarded are you? Sometimes I wonder if you are a real person, or simply a troll trying to fuck around with some of the stupid shit you say...

In terms of stats, he clearly had an inferior year this season, than 2 years ago.

No he did not. This season he is much better. How many games you watch? You are idiot and have no ability reason anything. They have 2 point guard before now they have 3. You think he have better year before with split ball and attempt and plays in hands with 3 players instead 2? You are idiot if believe such thing.

You think single cover year before and double team in many, many time now he have better year before? You think lead team in points is better than lead in points and assists?

And do you even know that this is 1/4 of all games he play in season or is you that stupid? This is not even count 3/4 of games he plays this year.

Before he was NOT best player in PAO it was Diamantidis. he was NOT best player in Greece it was Diamantidis. Spanouli was only most talent but not best. This year he is EASY best player of PAO and in all Greece.

I guess Michael Jordan have worst year every year he win championship then year he average 37 points he "obvious is worse player every other year look at the stats you idiot"

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2008, 11:49 AM
OMFG :bang

GO BACK AND LOOK AT THE FUCKING STATS. THEY COMPARE HIS LAST TWO SEASONS IN EUROLEAGUE. 2005-2006 >>> 2007-2008 STATS.

It is not better. It is not better have 15 points 3 assists than 11 points 3 assists when one year you have only one other player with ball in hands and take shots and run team equal you but next year you have TWO OTHER players.

It is also not better 15 points 3 assists against single cover defense than 11 points 3 assists against double teams and traps defenses constant try to stop you. If you believe this you are nothing but retard.

stretch
05-14-2008, 11:50 AM
No he did not. This season he is much better. How many games you watch? You are idiot and have no ability reason anything. They have 2 point guard before now they have 3. You think he have better year before with split ball and attempt and plays in hands with 3 players instead 2? You are idiot if believe such thing.

You fucking moron.

How is averaging 3.3 less PPG, almost 10% lower FG%, 1.3% lower 3PT%, less assists and more turnovers a superior STATISTICAL season???

stretch
05-14-2008, 11:55 AM
It is not better. It is not better have 15 points 3 assists than 11 points 3 assists when one year you have only one other player with ball in hands and take shots and run team equal you but next year you have TWO OTHER players.

It is also not better 15 points 3 assists against single cover defense than 11 points 3 assists against double teams and traps defenses constant try to stop you. If you believe this you are nothing but retard.

Maybe there is truth to that, I don't argue it one bit, considering i didn't watch all his games, but in terms of pure statistical comparison, 2005-2006 > 2007-2008.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2008, 12:01 PM
You fucking moron.

How is averaging 3.3 less PPG, almost 10% lower FG%, 1.3% lower 3PT%, less assists and more turnovers a superior STATISTICAL season???

Scola get 16 point 6 rebound in Euroleague before go NBA. Somehow in such "inferior league" he get those number and in such "superior league" he get 14 points and 9 rebounds in NBA playoff. He is #3 option of team in NBA playoff but #1 in Euroleague.

You realize draftexpress rank Diamantidis as #2 "free agent in world" and he average 7 points per game. What is your problem understand these concept? And Europe is NOT like NBA compare season by stats like this. You do NOT do same as in NBA. LEARN ABOUT this before make yourself idiot.

Game in Europe is base on TEAM not individual. Player stats is just as much control by how team perform as player himself. Is NOT NBA where you hand ball to best players and let them do whatever. You know NOTHING about game in Europe and is ridiculous that you argue with fans who do. You should not be Dallas fan because you is as foolish as most Rockets fans except for few in this board that is smart.

Spanoulis score 16 points per game in champions league when he play with Maroussi. Guess he "better" then than he is now:rolleyes

stretch
05-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Scola get 16 point 6 assist in Euroleague before go NBA. Somehow in such "inferior league" he get those number and in such "superior league" he get 14 points and 9 rebounds in NBA playoff. He is #3 option of team in NBA playoff but #1 in Euroleague.

Yea its easy to get that kind of scoring when everyone plays off of you and is focused on stopping T-Mac and Alston. Not to mention it is a terrible defensive team that has no inside presence that they were playing against (Jazz). Let's see him as the #1 guy on an NBA team... they would be lucky to win 8 fucking games.

stretch
05-14-2008, 12:08 PM
You know NOTHING about game in Europe and is ridiculous that you argue with fans who do. You should not be Dallas fan because you is as foolish as most Rockets fans except for few in this board that is smart.

Go and read the posts. Not once did I talk about the game in Europe, except for the fact that it is not as competitive as the NBA. You really are an idiot.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Maybe there is truth to that, I don't argue it one bit, considering i didn't watch all his games, but in terms of pure statistical comparison, 2005-2006 > 2007-2008.

Even if you want say this way you must understand this only 1/4 of games he play for year. Draftexpress do not count any other games but Euroleague and Spanish league. They do not even count Spanish Cup, Spanish Super Cup or Greek Cup or Greek league or even ULEB Cup you have to be from Spain or not even they count this.

Let me helps you.

http://www.paobc.gr/asists.php?category_id=119

Σπανούλης Βασίλης 141
Διαμαντίδης Δημήτρης 106
Γιασικεβίτσιους Σαρούνας 102
Μπετσίροβιτς Σάνι 52
Χατζηβρέττας Νίκος 33
Περπέρογλου Στράτος 23
Ουίνστον Κένεντι 22
Τσαρτσαρής Κώστας 21
Μπατίστ Μάικ 19
Αλβέρτης Φραγκισκος 18
Ζίζιτς Αντρια 9
Ντικούδης Δήμος 9
Τομάσεβιτς Ντέγιαν 3
Πρκατσιν Νίκολα 3
Ταταρούνης Αρης 1
Βούγιανιτς Μίλος 0

http://www.paobc.gr/points.php?category_id=122

Σπανούλης Βασίλης 90
Διαμαντίδης Δημήτρης 69
Μπατίστ Μάικ 49
Μπετσίροβιτς Σάνι 38
Τσαρτσαρής Κώστας 37
Γιασικεβίτσιους Σαρούνας 33
Χατζηβρέττας Νίκος 32
Ντικούδης Δήμος 29
Ζίζιτς Αντρια 27
Περπέρογλου Στράτος 24
Ουίνστον Κένεντι 24
Αλβέρτης Φραγκισκος 11
Τομάσεβιτς Ντέγιαν 5
Πρκατσιν Νίκολα 4
Βούγιανιτς Μίλος 0
Ταταρούνης Αρης 0

http://www.paobc.gr/scorers.php?category_id=116

Σπανούλης Βασίλης 360 Πόντους
Γιασικεβίτσιους Σαρούνας 309 Πόντους
Μπατίστ Μάικ 259 Πόντους
Διαμαντίδης Δημήτρης 249 Πόντους
Ουίνστον Κένεντι 225 Πόντους
Ντικούδης Δήμος 216 Πόντους
Ζίζιτς Αντρια 185 Πόντους
Χατζηβρέττας Νίκος 176 Πόντους
Περπέρογλου Στράτος 168 Πόντους
Μπετσίροβιτς Σάνι 158 Πόντους
Τσαρτσαρής Κώστας 156 Πόντους
Αλβέρτης Φραγκισκος 119 Πόντους
Τομάσεβιτς Ντέγιαν 25 Πόντους
Πρκατσιν Νίκολα 24 Πόντους
Βούγιανιτς Μίλος 8 Πόντους
Ταταρούνης Αρης 5 Πόντους

Spanouli lead team in point, assist, player rating. Try understand that Saras is 10 player in rotation at NBA level but in Europe he is like 6 man level in top team. Diamantidis is consider one of 5 best players in Europe. Batiste is consider one of top 5 power forward in Europe. Tsartsaris is consider one of best centers in Europe. Like say PAO is #4 best team in Europe.

http://www.eurobasket.com/ranking.asp

No Team Record Points
1. CSKA (RUS) 44-5 116
2. Real (ESP) 40-11 105
3. Khimky (RUS) 30-4 104
4. Panathinaikos (GRE) 37-8 101
5. Montepaschi (ITA) 49-9 100
6. Joventut (ESP) 38-9 95
7. Partizan (SRB) 38-12 94
8. Olympiacos (GRE) 32-13 93
9. Barcelona (ESP) 35-16 92
10. Tau Ceramica (ESP) 40-16 89
11. Lietuvos (LTU) 46-9 85
12. Maccabi T-A (ISR) 35-11 85
13. Besiktas (TUR) 36-7 82
14. Pamesa (ESP) 31-14 81
15. Unics (RUS) 25-13 80
16. Triumph (RUS) 24-10 79
17. Zalgiris (LTU) 40-16 76
18. Dynamo M. (RUS) 26-12 76
19. Efes P. (TUR) 31-18 75
20. Aris (GRE) 25-19 74
21. Zadar (CRO) 31-12 73
22. Akasvayu (ESP) 29-17 73
23. BC Kyiv (UKR) 28-4 71
24. Lottomatica (ITA) 30-23 70
25. Fenerbahce (TUR) 29-20 70

Keeps in mind this NOT even count Cup games. Eurobasket count national league but they not even count Cup league. Which also PAO win Cup.

Spanouli must not have such bad stats year lead such team in score points, assist, and player rating. Also you must understand before in 2006 is rookie year for Spanoulis and he is 2nd team all Euroleague. This year he not make any team. But Americans must try LEARN what this mean compares to NBA awards.

In Europe first ALL award base on how TEAM do. If NBA is same way Garnett is MVP and is landslide victory. This is how all awards go in Europe. If PAO will have make final Spanoulis would probable be Euroleague MVP and stats is lower than year he 2nd team. Next years he can have 18 point 5 assist and if PAO is lose in regular season he will be not even make nominee for all Euroleague which he make this year with 11 point 3 assist.

Siskauskas is NOT best player in Europe. But in Europe fans ONLY rate by how team do. If you win you are God if you lose are terrible. Spanoulis is "terrible" because he not go past top 16, Siskauskas is "god" because he win champions. Draftexpress is stupid site with American view of game and they not able to understand how these thing are. There top 25 player list is absolute JOKE.

Try also understand that in Europe these thing are decided by 50% fans. Not like in NBA where is media for some award or coach for some award. In Europe is half fans half the media. Example Saras this years gets 50% of all fans votes him "best point guard". He still even with this not make any team because of media vote. But must understand this. He almost make all Europe team just because of fan vote. You is allow vote as many time as want online from any country.

Even MVP award is same bu fans. So 50% of NBA is popularity contest on internet by fans and other half is by media base on who lead team in scoring as example of team make final of Euroleague = "Euroleague MVP".

And you must know that as in NBA China get many vote in Europe Lithuania and Spain and Italy get all vote. Greek players barely get any vote at all.

I just wish some American fans try understand how Europe game work instead of act like they know all. Like stupid fans judge Europe by Langdon or Siskaukas. They NOT get "best players in Europe" is base on how team do and what fans votes in internet ONLY. Nothing else. Everywhere is American fans on boards "Langdon is dominate Europe they suck there bad". He is just minor role player in his own team and never nothing more than this. This is FACT. "He Euroleague MVP" they say. No he is vote best player rating (like the NBA efficency thing) for 1 game and is "MVP".

Be like say Obert have best player plus minus in game of finals and thus is NBA MVP. But do American NBA fan ever bother learn something like these fact? No they just rolls eyes and make same crap comment over and over.

I will not claim players is great unless they are. Spanoulis and Papaloukas are GREAT players. Your Dallas team would be in dream if got either of them with coach like you now have because he is coach understand skill players. You get rid of crap coach now you have smart one. Believe me player like Papaloukas with 7 points 2 assists average in Europe can come to your team and YES right now he is BETTER than Kidd.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Yea its easy to get that kind of scoring when everyone plays off of you and is focused on stopping T-Mac and Alston. Not to mention it is a terrible defensive team that has no inside presence that they were playing against (Jazz). Let's see him as the #1 guy on an NBA team... they would be lucky to win 8 fucking games.

You just make things up. Like say TRY LEARN about topic before assume. In his team TAU he is play off of Prigioni same exact way as off T-Mac. But no you assume he must be create everything in such "inferior league". Never occur to you there be players like Prigioni in his own team.:rolleyes

You just have this arrogant American attitude. I not blame you for why you have this because NBA hype machine never end and also ESPN with talks how NBA is like million times better than best leagues in Europe. But is NOT true.

Instead of argue these things try learn more about game all around world. European fans know ballers all over. American fans need stop be so ignorant and learn to. Just like Spurs and Rockets fans keep say "Scola only 6 rebounds in Europe he cannot play in NBA he will get only 2".

I mention that is much HARDER get rebounds in Europe and is insult and ridicule here many same style posts as you make. But I am PROVEN right and they are proven WRONG.

stretch
05-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Even if you want say this way you must understand this only 1/4 of games he play for year. Draftexpress do not count any other games but Euroleague and Spanish league. They do not even count Spanish Cup, Spanish Super Cup or Greek Cup or Greek league or even ULEB Cup you have to be from Spain or not even they count this.

Let me helps you.

http://www.paobc.gr/asists.php?category_id=119

Σπανούλης Βασίλης 141
Διαμαντίδης Δημήτρης 106
Γιασικεβίτσιους Σαρούνας 102
Μπετσίροβιτς Σάνι 52
Χατζηβρέττας Νίκος 33
Περπέρογλου Στράτος 23
Ουίνστον Κένεντι 22
Τσαρτσαρής Κώστας 21
Μπατίστ Μάικ 19
Αλβέρτης Φραγκισκος 18
Ζίζιτς Αντρια 9
Ντικούδης Δήμος 9
Τομάσεβιτς Ντέγιαν 3
Πρκατσιν Νίκολα 3
Ταταρούνης Αρης 1
Βούγιανιτς Μίλος 0

http://www.paobc.gr/points.php?category_id=122

Σπανούλης Βασίλης 90
Διαμαντίδης Δημήτρης 69
Μπατίστ Μάικ 49
Μπετσίροβιτς Σάνι 38
Τσαρτσαρής Κώστας 37
Γιασικεβίτσιους Σαρούνας 33
Χατζηβρέττας Νίκος 32
Ντικούδης Δήμος 29
Ζίζιτς Αντρια 27
Περπέρογλου Στράτος 24
Ουίνστον Κένεντι 24
Αλβέρτης Φραγκισκος 11
Τομάσεβιτς Ντέγιαν 5
Πρκατσιν Νίκολα 4
Βούγιανιτς Μίλος 0
Ταταρούνης Αρης 0

http://www.paobc.gr/scorers.php?category_id=116

Σπανούλης Βασίλης 360 Πόντους
Γιασικεβίτσιους Σαρούνας 309 Πόντους
Μπατίστ Μάικ 259 Πόντους
Διαμαντίδης Δημήτρης 249 Πόντους
Ουίνστον Κένεντι 225 Πόντους
Ντικούδης Δήμος 216 Πόντους
Ζίζιτς Αντρια 185 Πόντους
Χατζηβρέττας Νίκος 176 Πόντους
Περπέρογλου Στράτος 168 Πόντους
Μπετσίροβιτς Σάνι 158 Πόντους
Τσαρτσαρής Κώστας 156 Πόντους
Αλβέρτης Φραγκισκος 119 Πόντους
Τομάσεβιτς Ντέγιαν 25 Πόντους
Πρκατσιν Νίκολα 24 Πόντους
Βούγιανιτς Μίλος 8 Πόντους
Ταταρούνης Αρης 5 Πόντους

Spanouli lead team in point, assist, player rating. Try understand that Saras is 10 player in rotation at NBA level but in Europe he is like 6 man level in top team. Diamantidis is consider one of 5 best players in Europe. Batiste is consider one of top 5 power forward in Europe. Tsartsaris is consider one of best centers in Europe. Like say PAO is #4 best team in Europe.

http://www.eurobasket.com/ranking.asp

No Team Record Points
1. CSKA (RUS) 44-5 116
2. Real (ESP) 40-11 105
3. Khimky (RUS) 30-4 104
4. Panathinaikos (GRE) 37-8 101
5. Montepaschi (ITA) 49-9 100
6. Joventut (ESP) 38-9 95
7. Partizan (SRB) 38-12 94
8. Olympiacos (GRE) 32-13 93
9. Barcelona (ESP) 35-16 92
10. Tau Ceramica (ESP) 40-16 89
11. Lietuvos (LTU) 46-9 85
12. Maccabi T-A (ISR) 35-11 85
13. Besiktas (TUR) 36-7 82
14. Pamesa (ESP) 31-14 81
15. Unics (RUS) 25-13 80
16. Triumph (RUS) 24-10 79
17. Zalgiris (LTU) 40-16 76
18. Dynamo M. (RUS) 26-12 76
19. Efes P. (TUR) 31-18 75
20. Aris (GRE) 25-19 74
21. Zadar (CRO) 31-12 73
22. Akasvayu (ESP) 29-17 73
23. BC Kyiv (UKR) 28-4 71
24. Lottomatica (ITA) 30-23 70
25. Fenerbahce (TUR) 29-20 70

Keeps in mind this NOT even count Cup games. Eurobasket count national league but they not even count Cup league. Which also PAO win Cup.

Spanouli must not have such bad stats year lead such team in score points, assist, and player rating. Also you must understand before in 2006 is rookie year for Spanoulis and he is 2nd team all Euroleague. This year he not make any team. But Americans must try LEARN what this mean compares to NBA awards.

In Europe first ALL award base on how TEAM do. If NBA is same way Garnett is MVP and is landslide victory. This is how all awards go in Europe. If PAO will have make final Spanoulis would probable be Euroleague MVP and stats is lower than year he 2nd team. Next years he can have 18 point 5 assist and if PAO is lose in regular season he will be not even make nominee for all Euroleague which he make this year with 11 point 3 assist.

Siskauskas is NOT best player in Europe. But in Europe fans ONLY rate by how team do. If you win you are God if you lose are terrible. Spanoulis is "terrible" because he not go past top 16, Siskauskas is "god" because he win champions. Draftexpress is stupid site with American view of game and they not able to understand how these thing are. There top 25 player list is absolute JOKE.

Try also understand that in Europe these thing are decided by 50% fans. Not like in NBA where is media for some award or coach for some award. In Europe is half fans half the media. Example Saras this years gets 50% of all fans votes him "best point guard". He still even with this not make any team because of media vote. But must understand this. He almost make all Europe team just because of fan vote. You is allow vote as many time as want online from any country.

Even MVP award is same bu fans. So 50% of NBA is popularity contest on internet by fans and other half is by media base on who lead team in scoring as example of team make final of Euroleague = "Euroleague MVP".

And you must know that as in NBA China get many vote in Europe Lithuania and Spain and Italy get all vote. Greek players barely get any vote at all.

I just wish some American fans try understand how Europe game work instead of act like they know all. Like stupid fans judge Europe by Langdon or Siskaukas. They NOT get "best players in Europe" is base on how team do and what fans votes in internet ONLY. Nothing else. Everywhere is American fans on boards "Langdon is dominate Europe they suck there bad". He is just minor role player in his own team and never nothing more than this. This is FACT. "He Euroleague MVP" they say. No he is vote best player rating (like the NBA efficency thing) for 1 game and is "MVP".

Be like say Obert have best player plus minus in game of finals and thus is NBA MVP. But do American NBA fan ever bother learn something like these fact? No they just rolls eyes and make same crap comment over and over.

I will not claim players is great unless they are. Spanoulis and Papaloukas are GREAT players. Your Dallas team would be in dream if got either of them with coach like you now have because he is coach understand skill players. You get rid of crap coach now you have smart one. Believe me player like Papaloukas with 7 points 2 assists average in Europe can come to your team and YES right now he is BETTER than Kidd.

:sleep

stretch
05-14-2008, 12:42 PM
You just make things up. Like say TRY LEARN about topic before assume. In his team TAU he is play off of Prigioni same exact way as off T-Mac. But no you assume he must be create everything in such "inferior league". Never occur to you there be players like Prigioni in his own team.:rolleyes

Didn't really understand half of that, but do you honestly think that a team with Luis Scola as their #1 option can be a title contender?

You just have this arrogant American attitude. I not blame you for why you have this because NBA hype machine never end and also ESPN with talks how NBA is like million times better than best leagues in Europe. But is NOT true.

No one said its a million times better. I just said its clearly superior, considering the BEST EURO PLAYERS play in the NBA. You have a very arrogant European attitude considering the stupid ass shit you say and ways that you keep saying that American players suck so bad and that these Euros are billions of times better than players that we have in the NBA.

Instead of argue these things try learn more about game all around world. European fans know ballers all over. American fans need stop be so ignorant and learn to. Just like Spurs and Rockets fans keep say "Scola only 6 rebounds in Europe he cannot play in NBA he will get only 2".

European fans dont know shit obviously if they think that some unknowns are instantly better than world known superstars.

I mention that is much HARDER get rebounds in Europe and is insult and ridicule here many same style posts as you make. But I am PROVEN right and they are proven WRONG.

Lame. :rolleyes

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2008, 12:43 PM
You should be in Rockets fan site with zero knowledge of game and arrogant attitude. If Dallas had player such as Papaloukas they can get out of first round of playoff actually.

If you ask Dirk if Papaloukas "suck" he will want to disown you as fan of his team.

stretch
05-14-2008, 12:45 PM
I really cannot wait till the Olympics, just to see Kobe, Dwight Howard, and Jason Kidd completely destroy all the "competition" and get the gold to shut idiots like this guy the fuck up.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Didn't really understand half of that, but do you honestly think that a team with Luis Scola as their #1 option can be a title contender?

No one said its a million times better. I just said its clearly superior, considering the BEST EURO PLAYERS play in the NBA. You have a very arrogant European attitude considering the stupid ass shit you say and ways that you keep saying that American players suck so bad and that these Euros are billions of times better than players that we have in the NBA.

European fans dont know shit obviously if they think that some unknowns are instantly better than world known superstars.

Lame. :rolleyes

Team in Euroleague with Scola as #1 option CANNOT win championship either. What is stupid point you try make? He is not able lead any Europe team to tile either. Just keep act like you know all about these issues.

And NO stop with this "all best players of Europe is in NBA" it is NOT true. There are MANY players from Europe in NBA that are nothing but role player if even that in top level Euroleague teams. You just keep with these same BS lie statement because you are ignorant.

Only SOME SOME of best players from Europe come to NBA. This lie that you keep repeat that all best European players is in NBA is just typical of American fans that know nothing about game anywhere but US. Is so sad. Fans in Puerto Rico knows game of whole world. What is excuse for fans in US to be so ignorant of game and claims they know better than all other fans?

stretch
05-14-2008, 12:48 PM
You should be in Rockets fan site with zero knowledge of game and arrogant attitude. If Dallas had player such as Papaloukas they can get out of first round of playoff actually.

If you ask Dirk if Papaloukas "suck" he will want to disown you as fan of his team.

You should not be on a site like this period, with your complete lack of knowledge and debating ability. and take an english class for christs sake. if you are going to try to talk shit to me, and debate with me and insult me, then at least deliver it in an understandable manner.

Also, Dirk probably really couldn't care less what I think of this guy, considering that its fans like myself that pay to watch and support the team, which in turn leads to him getting paid so much. And I'm sure he would agree that there is no way in hell he is better than Jason Kidd.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2008, 12:53 PM
I really cannot wait till the Olympics, just to see Kobe, Dwight Howard, and Jason Kidd completely destroy all the "competition" and get the gold to shut idiots like this guy the fuck up.

We hear this before 2002 world championship. Big talk and how you will crush all other team. You get 6 place on home soil. We heard same before 2004 Olympic. US will destroy all others. You get bronze.

We hear how US "change everything" "make all adjustment and will this time have perfect team and cannot lose" before 2006 world championship. You get bronze again.

You brags about win gold in Americas championship. You brag about beat teams like Brazil, Puerto Rico and B team of Argentina not even A team of them. You brags about win tournament where same Argentina team of that tournament will not even finish above 10 place probable in Euro championship.

All this big talk not even scare mid level European clubs anymore. It certain not scare top Euro clubs or Argentina A team. You are 0 for last 3 in "we will crush everyone" last 3 major tournaments. I guess you are somehow go from be 3-5 best team to "crush everyone":lol

stretch
05-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Team in Euroleague with Scola as #1 option CANNOT win championship either. What is stupid point you try make? He is not able lead any Europe team to tile either. Just keep act like you know all about these issues.

Because you are defending him so much like hes a great player. He is one of argentinas absolute best players, but he not capable of being much more than a #3 option. thus proving my point again that NBA competition is FAR greater (maybe not quite a million times greater, but quite close) than Euro competition.

And NO stop with this "all best players of Europe is in NBA" it is NOT true. There are MANY players from Europe in NBA that are nothing but role player if even that in top level Euroleague teams. You just keep with these same BS lie statement because you are ignorant.

Then what do you call Dirk? Gasol? Ginobili? Nash? are they not the best players from their countries? Kindly shut the fuck up.

Only SOME SOME of best players from Europe come to NBA. This lie that you keep repeat that all best European players is in NBA is just typical of American fans that know nothing about game anywhere but US. Is so sad. Fans in Puerto Rico knows game of whole world. What is excuse for fans in US to be so ignorant of game and claims they know better than all other fans?

Whatever dude, I'm tired of arguing with you. I'll just say this... if these non NBA players are so fucking great, then why the hell is it that the only teams that have won Gold other than the US, are led by stars in the NBA? (Gasol, Ginobili, Peja)

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2008, 12:56 PM
You should not be on a site like this period, with your complete lack of knowledge and debating ability. and take an english class for christs sake. if you are going to try to talk shit to me, and debate with me and insult me, then at least deliver it in an understandable manner.

Also, Dirk probably really couldn't care less what I think of this guy, considering that its fans like myself that pay to watch and support the team, which in turn leads to him getting paid so much. And I'm sure he would agree that there is no way in hell he is better than Jason Kidd.

Papaloukas show Dirk in 2005 Euro championship what he can do. He would be beg Cuban to get such player if he think possible to get him. If you was really true Dirk or Dallas fan you would already know about Papaloukas. But no you is the arrogant US is only game in world "fan". You I guess do not even care about these other games Dirk plays.

stretch
05-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Papaloukas show Dirk in 2005 Euro championship what he can do. He would be beg Cuban to get such player if he think possible to get him. If you was really true Dirk or Dallas fan you would already know about Papaloukas. But no you is the arrogant US is only game in world "fan". You I guess do not even care about these other games Dirk plays.

Actually, he begged Cuban to get Jason Kidd. No mention of some no-name Euro though.

Fail.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Because you are defending him so much like hes a great player. He is one of argentinas absolute best players, but he not capable of being much more than a #3 option. thus proving my point again that NBA competition is FAR greater (maybe not quite a million times greater, but quite close) than Euro competition.

Then what do you call Dirk? Gasol? Ginobili? Nash? are they not the best players from their countries? Kindly shut the fuck up.

Whatever dude, I'm tired of arguing with you. I'll just say this... if these non NBA players are so fucking great, then why the hell is it that the only teams that have won Gold other than the US, are led by stars in the NBA? (Gasol, Ginobili)

Maybe you can talks with Sam Fisher or B-bob of Rockets fan site. You is about equal to them in Ugly American disease. So many good American fans here and ones like you ruin for all.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Actually, he begged Cuban to get Jason Kidd. No mention of some no-name Euro though.

Fail.

:lol "no-name" you are pathetic. You are not even basketball fan. Even most casual of fan knows Papaloukas. You belong to clutchfan site this forum is wrong place for you.

stretch
05-14-2008, 01:00 PM
We hear this before 2002 world championship. Big talk and how you will crush all other team. You get 6 place on home soil. We heard same before 2004 Olympic. US will destroy all others. You get bronze.

It was unfortunate, but many of our best players declined if you recall...

stretch
05-14-2008, 01:02 PM
:lol "no-name" you are pathetic. You are not even basketball fan. Even most casual of fan knows Papaloukas. You belong to clutchfan site this forum is wrong place for you.

then why isnt hardly anyone but you talking about this little fucker? you love europe a little too much... to the point where the world revolves around europe and you cannot accept the fact that american players are generally better. i got no problem admitting to great euros though. for instance, i think that Sabonis could have been one of the greatest players in NBA history had he come to the NBA sooner. I think Dirk will go down as a top 3 PF of all time. i think Ginobili is a hell of a player and the list goes on...

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2008, 01:13 PM
then why isnt hardly anyone but you talking about this little fucker? you love europe a little too much... to the point where the world revolves around europe and you cannot accept the fact that american players are generally better. i got no problem admitting to great euros though. for instance, i think that Sabonis could have been one of the greatest players in NBA history had he come to the NBA sooner. I think Dirk will go down as a top 3 PF of all time. i think Ginobili is a hell of a player and the list goes on...

You are JOKE. Why you keep insist make yourself look bad? He is one of most of famous players in WORLD. He is much more know player in WORLD then most NBA players. You really is person should be clutch fans site not here.

Let me help you since you are so stupid on issue

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_rdCa0AljHPAjbl9YuZSHL2.coid_kl-Qub2wHLUH0UwthgNad1.articleMode_on.html

Papaloukas will be receiving the FIBA Europe Player of the Year custom-designed trophy at a date to be announced.

Top 10 Results

Overall Rank Name Rank in panel vote Rank in fan vote Total Weighted Rank
1 Theo Papaloukas (GRE) 1 1 1.0
2 Pau Gasol (ESP) 2 2 2.0
3 Dirk Nowitzki (GER) 3 3 3.0
4 Jorge Garbajosa(ESP) 4 4 4.0
5 Juan Carlos Navarro (ESP) 5 6 5.3
6 Boris Diaw (FRA) 6 9 6.9
7 Vasileios Spanoulis (GRE) 7 7 7.0
8 Tony Parker (FRA) 8 8 8.0
9 JR Holden (RUS) 9 10 9.3
10 Jaka Lakovic (SLO) 9 11 9.6

http://eurobasket2005.fibaeurope.com/en/cid_SbGnUV12IgwUcAUu7UmfU1.teamID_288.compID_qMRZd YCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2005.roundID_3769.coid_dy 8NLcUpIqYqy5qCbpGal2.articleMode_on.html

Germany's Dirk Nowitzki claimed the Most Valuable Player award at the 2005 EuroBasket and topped the competition's All-Tournament team.

Nowitzki won the honour - voted by international media representatives at Belgrade Arena - for leading Germany to Sunday's final against Greece. The Dallas Mavericks star went into the final as the tournament's leading scorer (26.7 ppg) and second-leading rebounder (10.8 rpg) and shot blocker (1.8 blpg).

Nowitzki carried his team, twice hitting shots in the final seconds to will Germany into the final and guaranteeing them their second EuroBasket medal following their gold medal at the 1993 championships in Munich.

Nowitzki was also voted by the media as the top power forward of the tournament.

He was joined on the All-Tournament team by Greek guards Theodoros Papaloukas (9.6 ppg and 2.4 rpg) and Dimitrios Diamantidis, who led the tournament in assists (5.0 per game) had 5.1 rebounds and 5.4 points a game. Diamantidis also hit a three-pointer in the waning seconds against France to move the Greeks into the final.

France's Boris Diaw was picked as the top small forward for his all around game (13.7 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 3.4 apg, 1.0 spg, 1.3 blpg) in leading the French to the bronze medal.

Spain's Juan Carlos Navarro was selected as the top shooting guard, averaging 25.2 points and 1.2 steals as well as hitting 69-79 (87.3 per cent) free throws for the fourth-placed Iberians.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/06_wcm/news/lateNews/p/newsid/16276/FE_news_lateNews_arti.html

FIBA - Gasol named MVP, headlines All-Tournament Team

SAITAMA (FIBA World Championship) - Despite not playing in Spain's historic victory over Greece in the final of the FIBA World Championship, Pau Gasol was selected as the tournament's Most Valuable Player.

Gasol missed the final after suffering a broken bone in his left foot during Spain's semi-final win over Argentina on Friday.

The power forward/center, who was cheering Spain from the sidelines in the final, averaged better than 21 points and nine rebounds as his team went undefeated in Japan.

"I'm very happy about the honor," Gasol said. "I tried to play as well as I could to help my team get this far. It was unfortunate that I couldn't play in the final because of my injury.

"But the job my team-mates did in this game was so amazing. And I'm so proud of them."

One journalist from each of the 16 eight-finalist nations selected the five-man squad.

Joining Gasol were his team-mate power forward Jorge Garbajosa, who had 20 points in the final, Team USA's small forward Carmelo Anthony, Argentina guard Manu Ginobili and Greece playmaker Theo Papaloukas.

Yes "all best European players is in NBA only" :lol and yes "he is no-name no one ever hears of" even be name top European player, top 5 player of Europe, and top 5 player of world :downspin:

And let me help you with this "US will crush these suck players"

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/06_wcm/scheResu/p/eventid/3507/gamename/A/groupname/75/langlc/en/roundid/5152/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

8 point 5 rebound 12 assist for Papaloukas and Greece win US. Yes he is no way able compete with such "superior" players

Indazone
05-14-2008, 01:35 PM

Pleasssee we do not need Mavericks fans crossing over to the Rockets. :depressed

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Pleasssee we do not need Mavericks fans crossing over to the Rockets. :depressed

Is Dallas-Houston same way as rivalry of Panathinaikos-Olympiakos?

stretch
05-14-2008, 02:16 PM
You are JOKE. Why you keep insist make yourself look bad? He is one of most of famous players in WORLD. He is much more know player in WORLD then most NBA players. You really is person should be clutch fans site not here.

Let me help you since you are so stupid on issue

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_rdCa0AljHPAjbl9YuZSHL2.coid_kl-Qub2wHLUH0UwthgNad1.articleMode_on.html

Papaloukas will be receiving the FIBA Europe Player of the Year custom-designed trophy at a date to be announced.

Top 10 Results

Overall Rank Name Rank in panel vote Rank in fan vote Total Weighted Rank
1 Theo Papaloukas (GRE) 1 1 1.0
2 Pau Gasol (ESP) 2 2 2.0
3 Dirk Nowitzki (GER) 3 3 3.0
4 Jorge Garbajosa(ESP) 4 4 4.0
5 Juan Carlos Navarro (ESP) 5 6 5.3
6 Boris Diaw (FRA) 6 9 6.9
7 Vasileios Spanoulis (GRE) 7 7 7.0
8 Tony Parker (FRA) 8 8 8.0
9 JR Holden (RUS) 9 10 9.3
10 Jaka Lakovic (SLO) 9 11 9.6

http://eurobasket2005.fibaeurope.com/en/cid_SbGnUV12IgwUcAUu7UmfU1.teamID_288.compID_qMRZd YCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2005.roundID_3769.coid_dy 8NLcUpIqYqy5qCbpGal2.articleMode_on.html

Germany's Dirk Nowitzki claimed the Most Valuable Player award at the 2005 EuroBasket and topped the competition's All-Tournament team.

Nowitzki won the honour - voted by international media representatives at Belgrade Arena - for leading Germany to Sunday's final against Greece. The Dallas Mavericks star went into the final as the tournament's leading scorer (26.7 ppg) and second-leading rebounder (10.8 rpg) and shot blocker (1.8 blpg).

Nowitzki carried his team, twice hitting shots in the final seconds to will Germany into the final and guaranteeing them their second EuroBasket medal following their gold medal at the 1993 championships in Munich.

Nowitzki was also voted by the media as the top power forward of the tournament.

He was joined on the All-Tournament team by Greek guards Theodoros Papaloukas (9.6 ppg and 2.4 rpg) and Dimitrios Diamantidis, who led the tournament in assists (5.0 per game) had 5.1 rebounds and 5.4 points a game. Diamantidis also hit a three-pointer in the waning seconds against France to move the Greeks into the final.

France's Boris Diaw was picked as the top small forward for his all around game (13.7 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 3.4 apg, 1.0 spg, 1.3 blpg) in leading the French to the bronze medal.

Spain's Juan Carlos Navarro was selected as the top shooting guard, averaging 25.2 points and 1.2 steals as well as hitting 69-79 (87.3 per cent) free throws for the fourth-placed Iberians.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/06_wcm/news/lateNews/p/newsid/16276/FE_news_lateNews_arti.html

FIBA - Gasol named MVP, headlines All-Tournament Team

SAITAMA (FIBA World Championship) - Despite not playing in Spain's historic victory over Greece in the final of the FIBA World Championship, Pau Gasol was selected as the tournament's Most Valuable Player.

Gasol missed the final after suffering a broken bone in his left foot during Spain's semi-final win over Argentina on Friday.

The power forward/center, who was cheering Spain from the sidelines in the final, averaged better than 21 points and nine rebounds as his team went undefeated in Japan.

"I'm very happy about the honor," Gasol said. "I tried to play as well as I could to help my team get this far. It was unfortunate that I couldn't play in the final because of my injury.

"But the job my team-mates did in this game was so amazing. And I'm so proud of them."

One journalist from each of the 16 eight-finalist nations selected the five-man squad.

Joining Gasol were his team-mate power forward Jorge Garbajosa, who had 20 points in the final, Team USA's small forward Carmelo Anthony, Argentina guard Manu Ginobili and Greece playmaker Theo Papaloukas.

Yes "all best European players is in NBA only" :lol and yes "he is no-name no one ever hears of" even be name top European player, top 5 player of Europe, and top 5 player of world :downspin:

And let me help you with this "US will crush these suck players"

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/06_wcm/scheResu/p/eventid/3507/gamename/A/groupname/75/langlc/en/roundid/5152/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

8 point 5 rebound 12 assist for Papaloukas and Greece win US. Yes he is no way able compete with such "superior" players

Wrong.

Fail.

endrity
05-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Is Dallas-Houston same way as rivalry of Panathinaikos-Olympiakos?

N O !!!!

European rivalries are much much much stronger than anything in the US. They are based on historical, cultural, political differences.

Pana-Olympikos, Real - Barca, Inter - Juventus (soccer), Roma - Lazio (soccer) are more than anything US fans can experience.

The only thing that comes close is Ohio State - Michigan in football, and Red Sox - Yankees in baseball.

p.s KillBill, enough already. First of all you fail to understand one main point that Stretch was making about Billy. When comparing only his Euroleague stats he had a worse season. Second, not everyone here watches FIBA ball. It's great that some do. And third, I live in Europe now and watch quite a bit of Euroleague. Stats, still matter!!! What happens, is that there are fewer minutes to play, and a slower pace of the game, that is why the numbers are always in smaller quantities.
Actually once you adjust for pace and minutes played, and this is an opinion NBA Stats experts also confirm, Euroleageu stats tranlate pretty well to the NBA, even better than college stats.

MajorMike
05-15-2008, 08:07 AM
because our door to championship is quickly closing.

Lawl, try your door to the second round.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Well Papaloukas today is let out of contract from CSKA Moscow and he sign with Olympiacos. This because no NBA team is willing offer as much as Olympiacos do. He will make what is equal $7 million US tax free per year.

Is sad that NBA cannot afford pay such player what he wants so he never get chance to play in NBA. Anyway we have him now back in Greece and once again we keep make Greek league stronger.

Oh, Gee!!
06-20-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm totally craving a gyro

CubanMustGo
06-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Is sad that NBA cannot afford pay such player what he wants so he never get chance to play in NBA. Anyway we have him now back in Greece and once again we keep make Greek league stronger.

He had a chance and he fucked it up. Nobody in the NBA is going to overpay a pussy who didn't deliver anything but excuses while he was here. And for the 750,000th time the Greek League <<<<<<<<< the NBA, if they want to overpay then God bless 'em. End of story.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-20-2008, 03:26 PM
He had a chance and he fucked it up. Nobody in the NBA is going to overpay a pussy who didn't deliver anything but excuses while he was here. And for the 750,000th time the Greek League <<<<<<<<< the NBA, if they want to overpay then God bless 'em. End of story.

What? Papaloukas never play in NBA. This summer he was offer MLE by Raptors and Pistons (when is able for them to offer him contract) but he get much more money from Olympiacos.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Oh great, another shitty Greek player for whom Billy will turn into a 10 page thread.

CubanMustGo
06-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Oh great, another shitty Greek player for whom Billy will turn into a 10 page thread.

Yeah, I screwed the pooch on this one, didn't know KBP would ever post about anyone else. -1 for me.

TheProfessor
06-20-2008, 04:02 PM
What? Papaloukas never play in NBA. This summer he was offer MLE by Raptors and Pistons (when is able for them to offer him contract) but he get much more money from Olympiacos.
People kind of go on autopilot when they see you're posting :lol

Papaloukas is better off earning, as you say, more money in Greece; I don't know if he could keep up athletically at his position here. I was wondering what you think of Papaloukas' potential to play in the NBA versus Siskauskas at this time.

Pero
06-20-2008, 04:20 PM

WTF?!?!?!?! Are you stupid or what?!? HE HAS A CHANCE TO GO TO THE NBA BUT HE'S GOING TO OLYMPIACOS TO GET MORE MONEY!!!!

:bang

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Well Papaloukas today is let out of contract from CSKA Moscow and he sign with Olympiacos. This because no NBA team is willing offer as much as Olympiacos do. He will make what is equal $7 million US tax free per year.

Who the fuck cares?

Indazone
06-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Actually I want to see the Euroleage get really strong and bring some semblence of humility to David Stern and his game fixing ways. For that to happen, since the Euro is now at 1.55 to one dollar, and I know there are plenty of football revenues with these clubs, why don't the owners just pony up the money and go after some high draft picks coming out of US colleges? C'mon all the American Rookies can make is 2 million a year. If the Euroleague offers them 4 million a year wouldn't they make the jump to the Euroleague? Imagine OJ Mayo telling the NBA to screw off and going to play for Treviso Benneton :lol