PDA

View Full Version : Keys to Game Four?

Brutalis
05-10-2008, 02:49 PM
-Stay aggressive. Parker attacking the paint, Manu making good decisions going at the rim. As well as Tony finding that mid range shot and Manu following through on his bombs.

-Contest CP3 but contain Peja. Bowen has to stay out of foul trouble and limit Peja getting any looks, and Parker again has to play big on defense as well not losing Paul all the way no matter how many he makes and forcing the help defense to not get in foul trouble or worse, burned.

-Hit your shots. Finley is here for a reason, to hit some jumpers and maybe a three. So is Barry, understanding his limitations. Our core stepping up is huge when the bench gets going.

-Team defense, rebounding. How many times in game three did we see great defense, that didn't rebound and allowed put backs? REBOUND the ball like we did in the 2nd half and stay in pursuit.

add your own

CubanMustGo
05-10-2008, 03:49 PM
- outscore NO by at least one point through four quarters.

urunobili
05-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Play with fire! as an elimination game

spursfan09
05-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Let CP3 score his points, and make it really hard on the others.

boutons_
05-10-2008, 04:55 PM
I expect Scott to keep doubling Tim aggressively, fronting him, wearing him down (now that he knows Tim might not be 100% recovered) and otherwise keep Tony and Manu out of the paint. Tim's gotta play and quit whining, not let the no-calls distract him.

Was exactly Phil's strategy in 04 playoffs, but Scott doesn't have Phil's personnel, so good luck.

Spurs will have to hit their sine-qua-non 3s and jumpers, or it's going to NO 3-1.

Spurs need a game4 like they have Game3 vs PHX. And a Game1 vs PHX from Tim would of, course, seal the deal.

Will Pop's adjustment in Game3 work in Game4?

will Scott's adjustments trump Pop?

HornetGumboBalls
05-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Y'all can't forget about West. CP3 gets all the attention, but when David West is on (unlike game 3) he's got the best mid-range jumper in the game.

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2008, 06:53 PM
make the wide open jumpers

nashfan444
05-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Lose Lose Lose Lose Lose Lose Lose And Lose Man I Hope You Hicks Get Swept

ClingingMars
05-10-2008, 06:58 PM

that's physically impossible?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

- Mars

urunobili
05-10-2008, 07:15 PM
http://www.inta.gov.ar/altovalle/actividad/desarrollo/imagenes/Apicultura_Paquetes.jpg

m33p0
05-10-2008, 07:27 PM
-get duncan involved in offense early and often.

-manu needs to be manu so that shouldn't be a problem.

Strike
05-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Attack the rim. I can't stress it enough. Attack the rim and don't settle for freaking jump shots! If open jumpers are available, by all means, take them. But don't force bad shit. Keep attacking the rim and drawing fouls on the bigs.

1Parker1
05-10-2008, 07:34 PM
--Defense
--Don't hesitate shooting the ball

That's it. I was not overly impressed with the Spurs defense in Game 3. Hornets shot about 53% through the first 3 quarters, Spurs managed to turn up the defense after the 7 minute mark in the 4th. But until then, every shot the Hornets got appeared to be a high %, easy shot. And the offensive rebounds and putbacks the Hornets got in the first half helped keep them in the game. Spurs are one of the best defensive rebounding teams in the league, no excuse for that.

Russ
05-10-2008, 08:10 PM
"Appropriate fear.":flag:

ATXSPUR
05-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Attack the rim
Own the boards
Contain Peja
Great transition Defense
KEEP BIG 3 OUT OF FOUL TROUBLE!!!

raspsa
05-10-2008, 08:34 PM
- Finish each quarter strong
- Keep the game close; Spurs experience and toughness will prevail in the endgame
- TD feeling better should assert himself more
- Give Barry more PT
- Bowen on Peja a must
- Thomas on West.. Horry can help too
- Hack-a-chandler probably not worth it
- 2 of the Big 3 must be on court always
- Crowd gives the Spurs energy
- Good job staying out of foul trouble so far

milkyway21
05-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Spurs defense:
-congest CP3 passing lanes. let him keep the ball but work for his points.
-continue a Bowen on Peja strategy
-transition defense
-Oberto on West
-more offensive rbds

Spurs offense:
Share the ball
big 3 must do their share
contribution of the supporting cast like Finley/Barry/Oberto&Thomas
START MANU GINOBILI

ATXSPUR
05-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Oh yea and a Horry hip-check on paul.

manufor3
05-10-2008, 10:31 PM

ummm lets see, umm we won 1 game, so umm is it possible to sweep? ummmmm

1Parker1
05-10-2008, 11:29 PM
I expect Scott to keep doubling Tim aggressively, fronting him, wearing him down (now that he knows Tim might not be 100% recovered) and otherwise keep Tony and Manu out of the paint. Tim's gotta play and quit whining, not let the no-calls distract him.

Was exactly Phil's strategy in 04 playoffs, but Scott doesn't have Phil's personnel, so good luck.

Spurs will have to hit their sine-qua-non 3s and jumpers, or it's going to NO 3-1.

Spurs need a game4 like they have Game3 vs PHX. And a Game1 vs PHX from Tim would of, course, seal the deal.

Will Pop's adjustment in Game3 work in Game4?

will Scott's adjustments trump Pop?

Are you like Boutons "good" twin?? What did you do with our evil, glass half empty Boutons. We want him back, he was more entertaining.

gobo
05-11-2008, 01:30 AM
-Stay aggressive. Parker attacking the paint, Manu making good decisions going at the rim. As well as Tony finding that mid range shot and Manu following through on his bombs.

-Contest CP3 but contain Peja. Bowen has to stay out of foul trouble and limit Peja getting any looks, and Parker again has to play big on defense as well not losing Paul all the way no matter how many he makes and forcing the help defense to not get in foul trouble or worse, burned.

-Hit your shots. Finley is here for a reason, to hit some jumpers and maybe a three. So is Barry, understanding his limitations. Our core stepping up is huge when the bench gets going.

-Team defense, rebounding. How many times in game three did we see great defense, that didn't rebound and allowed put backs? REBOUND the ball like we did in the 2nd half and stay in pursuit.

add your own

What about TD?

duncan228
05-11-2008, 01:33 AM
What about TD?

Duncan is healthy again. That's all we need to know about Duncan. His response time will be quicker, his head clearer for decision making. He will make his impact felt, on both ends of the court. :)

Brutalis
05-11-2008, 02:16 AM
What about TD?

I don't worry about TD showing up now that he seems healthy and this being a huge, huge game in which he is known for being clutch.

VinnyTestesVerde
05-11-2008, 02:16 AM
- outscore NO by at least one point through four quarters.

agreed. get ahead and stay ahead until the clock runs out. :king

ancestron
05-11-2008, 02:36 AM
...score more points than the Hornets do.

timvp
05-11-2008, 08:52 AM
make the wide open jumpersThat's basically the key to the rest of the series right there. The Hornets will give you open jumpers -- just gotta knock them down.

Defensively, the Spurs have to stick on the role players and don't let any of them go wild. Paul and West will score and the Spurs can live with that. But the Spurs need to make sure nobody else goes for +15. And maybe Paul and West can come back down to earth -- that'd be nice.

Hopefully the Spurs can make it their Big Three versus the Hornets Big Two. If that happens, I like San Antonio's chances.

polandprzem
05-11-2008, 09:48 AM
That's basically the key to the rest of the series right there. The Hornets will give you open jumpers -- just gotta knock them down.

Well yes, it was a key before the series started, but the spurs didn't make the shots because- they were thinking too much and were passing on the jumpers, they were too slow to move the ball and Hornets were in control of any spurs offensive possesions. Then you see a bad decision making.
When you are in attack mode you don't think about how to play, you just play and that's the success to beat the Hornets.
I do believe the spurs are better team but they are in a hole they might not get out. The experience did not helped in 2 first games.

Transition D and boards are also important. No are great at offensive rebs.
Try not to get hot one of the other then Paul players. It will be hard with West. But hopefully we can keep Bonzi, Mo Pete and Pargo out of the game. Bowen got Peja so no worries (hopefully) about him.

Anybody saw the det-orl game where Hedo is the GTG?
Sheesh dammnit I wonder why he did not have balls when he was a spur. Yup he blew the last play but he kept Magic in the game at the end.

All in all spurs must to heve more energy and be smarter and faster then the younger more athletic Hornets squad. Next games are every second day. So I do not have to tell how much is important to win G4.