PDA

View Full Version : Obama Vice President Picks: Who Are The Frontrunners?

boutons_
05-10-2008, 04:46 PM
THE TOP TIER

Jim Webb
Hillary Clinton
Bill Richardson
Joe Biden
Brian Schwietzer

WORTH WATCHING

Janet Napolitano
Sherrod Brown
Chuck Hagel
Wesley Clark
Kathleen Sebelius
Tom Daschle

HONORABLE MENTION

Mike Bloomberg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/09/obama-vice-president-pick_n_100869.html?view=print

ClingingMars
05-10-2008, 06:49 PM
PLEASE JIM WEBB! PLEASEEEE

the sooner that idiot ceases to be my senator, the better my life will be.

- Mars

Don Quixote
05-10-2008, 07:15 PM
I hope it's John Edwards. He did a bang-up job last time around!

There's always Marion Berry, William "Cold Cash" Jefferson, Ray Nagin, Joe Biden, Jon Corzine, and Gavin Newsom.

An embarassment of riches.

MannyIsGod
05-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Richardson - Maybe the Kansas gov. John Edwards and Hilary Clinton are not in the running.

ChumpDumper
05-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Richardson makes a lot of sense if we are talking about a co-presidency like the last couple of go-rounds. Biden just isn't executive material -- maybe put him in State if Obama gets elected. There has been talk about trying to get someone who would help Obama carry a state, but does that ever really work?

Yonivore
05-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Richardson makes a lot of sense if we are talking about a co-presidency like the last couple of go-rounds. Biden just isn't executive material -- maybe put him in State if Obama gets elected. There has been talk about trying to get someone who would help Obama carry a state, but does that ever really work?
Biden at State? :lmao Couldn't wait to see how he stereotypes other Diplomats. That'd be fuckin' hilarious.

Don Quixote
05-10-2008, 11:50 PM
I like Cynthia McKinney for veep. She'd be a good choice. It would allow St. Barack to bring the race question to the table, once and for all.

If he wants the white Catholic vote, there's former Louisiana Gubner Katherine Babineaux Blanco. She did a bang-up job post-Katrina.

And what about Dick Durbin? He'd be great at shoring up the blue-collar, "patriot" vote.

Wild Cobra
05-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Richardson makes the most sense to me, but... I don't know how to think like the Anti-American party does.

Don Quixote
05-11-2008, 12:08 AM
If the Golden Child wants to truly get us in step with the rest of the world ... he can bring in Kofi Annan. He's not doing anything right now.

And why not Ayers? That's a team that would bring CHANGE!

PixelPusher
05-11-2008, 01:24 AM
PLEASE JIM WEBB! PLEASEEEE

the sooner that idiot ceases to be our governor, the better my life will be.

- Mars

^The sooner this idiot realizes that Senator Jim Webb isn't his or anyone else's governor, the better his life will be.

ChumpDumper
05-11-2008, 01:29 AM
:lol

Good catch, PP

Self-pwnage is always the best.

xrayzebra
05-11-2008, 09:38 AM
I like Cynthia McKinney for veep. She'd be a good choice. It would allow St. Barack to bring the race question to the table, once and for all.

If he wants the white Catholic vote, there's former Louisiana Gubner Katherine Babineaux Blanco. She did a bang-up job post-Katrina.

And what about Dick Durbin? He'd be great at shoring up the blue-collar, "patriot" vote.

Excellent choices. Might suggest also the Mayor of New
Orleans, the Chocolate city, School Bus Nagin.

ClingingMars
05-11-2008, 02:02 PM
:lol

Good catch, PP

Self-pwnage is always the best.

OMG, THE REPUBLICAN MADE A TYPO! DEWD LEIK GOOD ONE!

- Mars

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Mars, do us all a favor and confine your lame takes to the basketball board.

BonnerDynasty
05-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Nagin!

ChumpDumper
05-11-2008, 03:49 PM
OMG, THE REPUBLICAN MADE A TYPO! DEWD LEIK GOOD ONE!

- MarsA typo would be something like "senetor" - yours was an abject fuck up.

Don Quixote
05-11-2008, 10:24 PM
My mayor, Ray Nagin, would make an awesome choice for Obama's ticket. That would wrap up the black vote and put racial issues front and center this fall.

Mavs<Spurs
05-11-2008, 11:08 PM
I hope that he picks Gov Sebelius.

She's progressive.

She's from a red state.

She has executive governing experience.

Richardson has an incredible resume. So, he would have to be up there.

I also really like McCaskill, but they say two senators is a bad ticket. Hard enough for a senator to win the presidency.

Napolitano would be very good.

Biden is too unpredictable. Besides he actually likes high stakes tests as measure of academic achievement.

HRC is opposite of change and is bought and paid for by lobbyists.

Mavs<Spurs
05-11-2008, 11:11 PM
If the Golden Child wants to truly get us in step with the rest of the world ... he can bring in Kofi Annan. He's not doing anything right now.

And why not Ayers? That's a team that would bring CHANGE!

Hey bombing Iran would also bring change!

That's your guy, Bob Dole redux!

Good luck running on unpopular wars with a 71 year old war monger.

Bush with same policies has about 27 % approval rating.

Can McSame beat that ?

I don't know.

You guys better hope that they don't campaign in the same state at the same time.

Obama is far more compelling.

clambake
05-12-2008, 10:31 AM
i want to see powell back in the game somewhere.'

he wants to make it up to us.

Ignignokt
05-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Obama's ideal VP frontrunners...

A Hot air balloon
A Hallmark Card.
A biracial gay dolphin.

Don Quixote
05-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Cindy Sheehan? She's running for Congress. She'd make a great running mate, and would certainly serve as an expression of his wish for an immediate pullout from Iraq.

Ignignokt
05-12-2008, 04:28 PM
clambake sound's like a tampon for mermaids.

Don Quixote
05-12-2008, 04:30 PM
I like clams. Mmmmm, clams.

xrayzebra
05-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Cindy Sheehan? She's running for Congress. She'd make a great running mate, and would certainly serve as an expression of his wish for an immediate pullout from Iraq.

Only in my imagination. But what if she beats Ms. America. Nancy Pelosi. Wow!.

Don Quixote
05-12-2008, 04:32 PM
I still would like to see John Edwards again. He sticks up for the little guy, and brings Southern charm to the ticket. Surely, he'll help in the south?

But Biden or Daschle would work for me, as well. Or Shumer!

Ignignokt
05-12-2008, 04:33 PM
And Barrack Obama has Hope for mermaids.

btw, if Hillary seats florida and michigan at the convention, will Obama counter by adding 7 extra imaginary states to the convention?

ClingingMars
05-12-2008, 07:55 PM
gravel! i'd actually consider voting for the dems!! :o

- Mars