PDA

View Full Version : Trail Blazers Waive Qyntel Woods

ducks
01-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Trail Blazers Waive Qyntel Woods

January 21, 2005

The Portland Trail Blazers announced today that the club has waived guard/forward Qyntel Woods. The 6-8, 221-pound Woods has been suspended from the team since October 12, 2004 when allegations of animal abuse were first levied against him.

“Qyntel was waived as a result of material breaches of the contract with the Trail Blazers organization and for failure to comply with team rules,” said Trail Blazers President Steve Patterson. “Paul Allen has made a commitment to this community and as I have said from the time I came to this organization, our fans and this city can have the expectation that we will do the right thing. From the moment we were made aware of this disturbing situation, we have acted quickly and in a strong manner by suspending Qyntel and cooperating with authorities. In light of today’s developments, it is clear that the Trail Blazers and Qyntel Woods must part ways. We are confident that this action is both justified and appropriate.”

Woods was a first-round pick (21st overall) by the Trail Blazers in the 2002 NBA draft out of NE Mississippi Community College. In two pro seasons, the 23-year-old Woods played in 115 games and averaged 3.1 points and 1.6 rebounds. He is originally a native of Memphis, Tenn.

ducks
01-22-2005, 05:51 PM
October 12, 2004 when allegations of animal abuse were first levied against him

yes animal have more rights then people :spin

ducks
01-22-2005, 05:59 PM
who said the spurs should draft him?

timvp
01-22-2005, 06:02 PM
I watched this guy in summer league and he was the biggest crack head I ever seen. I'd bet everything I own that he was on crack and not only that, he was a horrible teammate and everyone on his team hated him.

Despite that, he's a talent. He belongs in the league ... after a trip to rehab and counseling.

exstatic
01-22-2005, 06:02 PM
One earmark of almost all serial killers is abuse of animals when they were young. Glad to see Portland walking the walk.

Countdown to some sad person wanting the Spurs to sign Woods. Ten, nine...

whottt
01-22-2005, 06:20 PM

That's pretty a pretty fucked up statement ducks...did it ever occur to you that those monsters he creates are the same ones that go and maul children or other people?

What is being done to the pit bull in this country, the American Dog, is fucking sickening.

I just found one near death last week on my way home, it had been beaten and it was starved...it was about a year old.

I took it to the pound and then I found out they were going to euthanize her so I adopted her...I'd say about 70% of the dogs at the pound were abused Pit Bulls...many of them had been fought...some of them had serious damage to their skulls and had half their faces torn off.

In SA last week they found some asshole that had 50 Pit Bulls that were being bred for fighting...all 50 of them are going to be euthanized..

IF these things are your idea of animals having more rights then humans then I'd say you have a screwed up POV.

The assholes that own these dogs are intolerbably cruel, they have demonized an entire breed of what was and is, truly a great fucking dog...

I think this guy should be starved, beaten, and then thrown into a pit of Pit Bulls and made to have to fight for his life...while the rest of us bet money on it..then if he loses or gets hurt we can beat the shit out of him and dump him on the side of the highway.

Edit: and then when he attacks someone because he has lead a homicidal life of cruelty and suffering, he should be put to sleep.

That way he'll have as good of rights as those dogs...

smeagol
01-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Ducks, please re think this statement, man. In the context of what Woods, and other SOBs do to these dogs, it has very few legs to stand on, and it does no make you look good.

ducks
01-22-2005, 06:28 PM
I am for rights for animals whott
if I shot a big horn ram though out of season or shot a person
I would be less likely to face the stiffest penalty killing someone then shotting an animal

ducks
01-22-2005, 06:30 PM
I hate when people do not treat their animal rights
but I find it more troubling that people get in more trouble for abusing a animal then a person

whottt
01-22-2005, 06:32 PM
http://pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/pictures2/march2003-08.jpg

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/sadreality.html

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/sadreality6.html

Here's a website that illustrates the wonderful lives and glorious rights of those dogs...

Take a look at it...(I hope you have a strong stomach).

violentkitten
01-22-2005, 06:49 PM
holy crap whottt owns a pit bull

baseline bum
01-22-2005, 06:50 PM
How can they cut the next McGrady? icemancometh must be rolling in his grave.

T Park
01-22-2005, 07:31 PM
I have a 11 month old pup.

And after having a dog, it changes your outlook on dogs and animals period.

Before it didnt bother me, that dogs were turned loose and such.

But now it breaks my heart and kills me.

Great words Whottt.

Those were good dogs till aholes like Qyntell Woods got a hold of em.

Woods should be beat with a stick and starved see how he likes it the fuckface.

ALVAREZ6
01-22-2005, 07:33 PM
NBA forum

genghisrex
01-22-2005, 07:58 PM
if I shot a big horn ram though out of season or shot a person
I would be less likely to face the stiffest penalty killing someone then shotting an animal
But the stiffest penalty for shooting a big horn ram out of season is almost certainly weaker than the weakest penalty you'd get from killing someone (other than out of self defense) so WTF are you complaining about? How exactly are animals being given more rights than humans? Most animal cruelty penalties are pretty light given the amount of sadism involved.

sickdsm
01-22-2005, 08:47 PM
We were talking about this on a Wolves board and someone pointed out that he got pulled over for a DUI and didn't have his liscense on him. So he proceeded to show the cop one of his basketball cards. Hilairious if its true.