PDA

View Full Version : What Should I Do.....

PeterBurns
05-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Okay ST's....You make the call....

I had a entire Bedroom Furniture set in one of my spare rooms at the house, that Stacie took when she left, and ended up giving it up to one of her friends.

In the official Divorce decree, I got all the furniture back including the bedroom set.

The girl that has the bedroom set offered to buy it from me, months ago, we agreed on a price, and then she never made any payments.

After telling her that the deal was off, and that I was picking up my furniture.
She has refused to return calls, emails....etc.

What should I do. I know where she works.....should I just roll up there one day, and confront her face to face?

Your thoughts.....

BigZak
05-11-2008, 04:47 PM
damn dude...your still getting fucked by your ex after all this time?

if there is no legal way to reclaim your stuff, or no legal way to get the cash value back, then just key the bitches car and move on...

PeterBurns
05-11-2008, 04:52 PM
if there is no legal way to reclaim your stuff, or no legal way to get the cash value back, then just key the bitches car and move on...

Well, I would imagine I could press charges for stolen property.
It would be more of a pain than anything.

But the keying of the car is a decent idea. I like where your head is at....

marini martini
05-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Get your over paid, rich, lazy attorney to send her a copy of the divorce decree high lighting what you should receive, along with date that furniture must be returned to you. Send by registered letter. That should put some rattle in her coconut:toast

I mean you did pay him a good amount, didn't you??????

And if that doesn't work, go to "troll" forum & ask Dr. Phil!

:lmao:lmao:lmao

PeterBurns
05-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Nice....I think I want to do a WOAI Troubleshooters episode....that would be awesome.

They show up at her work with the TV camera. Could be a YouTube Classic.

PM5K
05-11-2008, 05:25 PM
I can't add much right now except to say that before I read this thread I read the bottom first to make sure I wasn't getting "Fresh Princed"....

PeterBurns
05-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Yes....I just found out where she works. Too bad she just left for the day.
Looks like i'll be making a trip to the Shops at La Cantera this week.

PM5K
05-11-2008, 05:35 PM
How much were you going to sell it to her for?

PeterBurns
05-11-2008, 05:43 PM
$1000

Triumph
05-11-2008, 05:46 PM
hey mister burns, do you have proof that this tart has possession of this furniture?

giving her the heads up so she can sell it ahead of time won't solve your problems...

if she hasn't sold it already...

that's what i would have done a long long time ago...right before i stopped returning your phone calls...

Twisted_Dawg
05-11-2008, 05:48 PM
What don't you just go over to that chick's apt/house, get in the bitch's face, and take your fucking property back?

Be a man about it. You don't have to take any shit from that chick. If the furniture is not there, file theft charges against her.

PeterBurns
05-11-2008, 05:56 PM
hey mister burns, do you have proof that this tart has possession of this furniture?

giving her the heads up so she can sell it ahead of time won't solve your problems...

if she hasn't sold it already...

that's what i would have done a long long time ago...right before i stopped returning your phone calls...

That's what i'm afraid of, that she already sold it.
Which would be a problem.

I'm not sure where she lives, and I think it's worth the embarrassment factor to approach at work.

PM5K
05-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Your claim is with Stacy, talk to your lawyer about it...

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Was the furniture was given away before the divorce was final? If so it may not be part of the decree. I'd see you divorce lawyer before you go rollin up to someone's job make sure you have a legal right to it. Unless you have it in writing that she agreed to pay you.

KEDA
05-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Hey, Burns

How much will you sell it to me? Im looking for a bedroom set for our new place.

Sunshine
05-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Show up at her job and politely let her know that you either need payment in full for the furniture by noon Saturday or youwill be at her place at noon Saturday to pick up your property. Let her know that if you don't have one or the other, you will be pressing charges for stealing your furniture. This may or may not work, but you'll look better in the long run for being adult about it and not getting in her face about it at her job. Of course, keying the car isn't a bad idea either.

But make sure you have a legal claim to it. If Stacie took it out before the divorce proceedings began, she may have been w/in her rights to give it away. Sometimes the divorce papers or the protective order will specify that nothing can be removed from the home etc. AFTER those papers have been served, but before they are served, anything that leaves the house may not be included.

PeterBurns
05-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Show up at her job and politely let her know that you either need payment in full for the furniture by noon Saturday or youwill be at her place at noon Saturday to pick up your property. Let her know that if you don't have one or the other, you will be pressing charges for stealing your furniture. This may or may not work, but you'll look better in the long run for being adult about it and not getting in her face about it at her job. Of course, keying the car isn't a bad idea either.

But make sure you have a legal claim to it. If Stacie took it out before the divorce proceedings began, she may have been w/in her rights to give it away. Sometimes the divorce papers or the protective order will specify that nothing can be removed from the home etc. AFTER those papers have been served, but before they are served, anything that leaves the house may not be included.

Great post.
That's how I was going to handle it. Head up to work, and just let her know, so she isn't blindsided by being served papers.

Looks like I'll end up in Small claims court.....Dang it...
Oh well. thanks for all the advice guys....GEAUX Spurs

Man of Steel
05-11-2008, 07:46 PM
The terms in a Divorce Decree are enforceable under standards contract terms.

If you were awarded the items, send a demand letter.

If the ex refuses to return the items, file suit for breach of contract, seeking attorneys fees.

tlongII
05-11-2008, 09:51 PM
A hummer a week for about 3 months and you should be even. :tu

Dude
05-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Approach her with some fake furniture contract act as though the furniture still has a 1,600.00 dollar balance tell her since she has the furniture you will have the folks from LACKS call her.

TDMVPDPOY
05-11-2008, 10:31 PM
show up toher job and scream out loud in front of her work mates, and embarrassed her

Kori Ellis
05-11-2008, 11:39 PM
I suggest you don't go to her work. If you do and you end up in court later, it could be used against you. You aren't supposed to go to people's jobs to collect on debts.

Send her a registered letter formally requesting to her to return the furniture or pay the whole debt. If she doesn't answer in 30 days, then take her to small claims (or actually I prefer you take it to the Judge Mathis Show - Must See TV!).

AlamoSpursFan
05-11-2008, 11:40 PM
I think you have a sig to update there, Mrs. Ellis...

:lol

marini martini
05-11-2008, 11:52 PM
I suggest you don't go to her work. If you do and you end up in court later, it could be used against you.

Send her a registered letter formally requesting to her to return the furniture or pay the whole debt.

That's what I tried to say:toast

T Park
05-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Send her a registered letter formally requesting to her to return the furniture or pay the whole debt. If she doesn't answer in 30 days, then take her to small claims (or actually I prefer you take it to the Judge Mathis Show - Must See TV!).

You just want an excuse to watch that stuff in the afternoon :lol

Kori Ellis
05-12-2008, 12:06 AM
You just want an excuse to watch that stuff in the afternoon :lol

I TIVO it and watch it at night, thank you! :)

AlamoSpursFan
05-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Dead Hornets...CLASSIC!!!!

:lol

Mog
05-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Dude Chris Duel's wife is an attorney I am sure he would love to help you.

timvp
05-12-2008, 01:13 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't go to her work. You are just asking for trouble. If she's crafty, she could use that against you in court. If you want to go to her work, wait for her to walk to her car or something. Don't go up to her while she's working.

Unless, of course, she works at Hooter's and you can also use the trip to look for Stacie II.

marini martini
05-12-2008, 05:17 AM
Dude Chris Duel's wife is an attorney I am sure he would love to help you.

Dayum, Dude, Chris is married to a dude?:lol

peewee's lovechild
05-12-2008, 06:51 AM
Set her house on fire . . . with her in it.

mrsmaalox
05-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Set her house on fire . . . with her in it.

Get your bedroom set out first!!

Denver>SA
07-10-2008, 11:18 PM

I had a entire Bedroom Furniture set in one of my spare rooms at the house, that Stacie took when she left, and ended up giving it up to one of her friends.

In the official Divorce decree, I got all the furniture back including the bedroom set.

The girl that has the bedroom set offered to buy it from me, months ago, we agreed on a price, and then she never made any payments.

After telling her that the deal was off, and that I was picking up my furniture.

What should I do. I know where she works.....should I just roll up there one day, and confront her face to face?

Your thoughts.....
is there an update?

Fillmoe
07-10-2008, 11:20 PM
I suggest you stop being such a FAGGOT!

You're in the backseat.

DeeBo
07-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Why won't this fool Peter Burns give us a mother fucking update in this bitch?

The Franchise
07-11-2008, 05:52 PM

Your thoughts.....

That was a plan between your ex wife and that bitch all along. I say go by her house at 2 a.m. put sugar in her tank and be done with it.

PeterBurns
07-12-2008, 12:07 AM
The update....furniture has been liberated without incident.

Damn Deebo....sorry.

timvp
07-12-2008, 12:25 AM
Was the furniture dusty?

marini martini
07-12-2008, 01:02 AM
Was the furniture dusty?

:lmao:lmao:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
07-12-2008, 01:43 AM
did the matress have any evidence of semen......or fukn mudkip stains

T Park
07-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Was the furniture dusty?

Hey ooooo

BRHornet45
07-12-2008, 12:16 PM
sons this is just another reason why marriage is a bad idea.

2centsworth
07-12-2008, 12:56 PM
exactly what Kori said, registered letter then small claims court.

PeterBurns
07-12-2008, 03:16 PM
It's wasn't mattresses....thankfully...lol.

It's all back at the Burns compound. All is right with the world.
Except the fact that it's 115 degrees outside.