PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to pay attention to the NHL yet ?



word
05-12-2008, 04:30 AM
After they went on strike I was so pissed I never went back..

I had Avalanche season tickets and watched one cup championship. I actually ran into Peter Forsbergs BMW in the parking lot of a local pub I, and many Avs players, frequently drank. Tried to 'do the right thing' but he was in Norway and could give a fuck. Someone came and picked it up and that was that...TO on University and Dry Creek. Good bar. At least it was then. I recall I went in one night and asked if the avs were playing and the bartender says...if they are they're shorthanded...Alex Tangey and Chris Drurey were sitting at the bar. They won the Stanley Cup that year.

Okaaay....


I had good tickets too...right on the ice...players faces getting smushed against the glass 2 feet away...good stuff. Fights...please...those guys are badass.

Hockey is cool but you have to be around it...know it...

NHL messed up with the strike. NHL was on fire and they blew it.

Stars anyone ?!?

DarkReign
05-12-2008, 09:55 AM
I start watching now if I were a Stars fan.

Of course, hockey is my true-blue sport of choice, so Im biased.

DBryant88
05-12-2008, 01:10 PM
i only watch the playoffs for the fights

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-12-2008, 02:27 PM
i only watch the playoffs for the fights

Except they rarely fight in the playoffs.

dbreiden83080
05-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Not much of a Hockey fan.

lefty
05-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm a fan.

But again, I live in Montreal, so I have no choice

Especially since the Montreal Expos became the Washington Nationals :bang

Obstructed_View
05-12-2008, 10:02 PM
I start watching now if I were a Stars fan.

Of course, hockey is my true-blue sport of choice, so Im biased.

When you don't have OLN or whatever the fuck it is, you can't watch at this point because they have exclusive rights. I should probably be grateful that I'm not having to sit through this, but it's hard to listen to on the radio as well.

I was just happy to have a series win and some competetive games again. It's been a long time. Hard to complain when you run into a juggernaut, I just wish it were someone other than the 'wings.