PDA

View Full Version : NFL Power Rankings: May 2008 edition

ATRAIN
05-12-2008, 07:41 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2008&week=0&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

peewee's lovechild
05-12-2008, 07:54 AM
Pats at #1 and the Giants are at #6.

Who won the Super Bowl?

Anyway, we're at #4 and that's fine with me.

GuerillaBlack
05-12-2008, 08:27 AM
You got to beat the man to be the man. The Giants did that and they should be number one. Dumb power rankings.

Thunder Dan
05-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Pats #1 over the Browns? common get real...two words: Brady Quinn

http://boifromtroy.com/wp-content/brady_quinn_shirtless_cellphone.jpg

StylisticS
05-12-2008, 09:51 AM
You got to beat the man to be the man. The Giants did that and they should be number one. Dumb power rankings.

I don't see the big deal. Just like in college football, just because you won the national championship in January, does not mean you will be number 1 come August. You may have lost some people, and other teams may have gotten better by coaching or personnel. Which is exactly what happened. No big deal.

DBryant88
05-12-2008, 01:00 PM

ur dumb as long as derek anderson is around the browns will stick with him, and the cowboys should be #1 this is their yera when they overcome the winter slump and win a playoff game and a superbowl:hat

Thunder Dan
05-12-2008, 01:01 PM
ur dumb as long as derek anderson is around the browns will stick with him, and the cowboys should be #1 this is their yera when they overcome the winter slump and win a playoff game and a superbowl:hat

Brady Quinn is going to throw for 400 yards in week 1 vs the soft Cowboys

ATRAIN
05-12-2008, 01:13 PM

hahahah I like your spirit Dan. Dude quin looks jacked, has he always been that big? Guess you have a lot of time to work out when your riding the bench. I think Anderson is going to torch the cowgirls though.

Spuradicator
05-12-2008, 01:34 PM
hahahah I like your spirit Dan. Dude quin looks jacked, has he always been that big? Guess you have a lot of time to work out when your riding the bench. I think Anderson is going to torch the cowgirls though.

Yeah, thats not happening. I think you browns fans can expect a good season, but one thing is for sure, you'll start out 0-1

ATRAIN
05-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah, thats not happening. I think you browns fans can expect a good season, but one thing is for sure, you'll start out 0-1

Im not a browns fan.

Spuradicator
05-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Im not a browns fan.

Astros fan, so Texans fan then??? Because that would explain alot to me.

midgetonadonkey
05-12-2008, 02:00 PM

Peewee will be jacking off to this picture later.

I'm not even joking about this. He loves Brady Quinn that much.

ATRAIN
05-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Astros fan, so Texans fan then??? Because that would explain alot to me.

Oh yeah, care to enlighten me?

ATRAIN
05-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Peewee will be jacking off to this picture later.

I'm not even joking about this. He loves Brady Quinn that much.

LOL I dont doubt that.

Spuradicator
05-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Oh yeah, care to enlighten me?

I could, but how bout you check out a mirror. LOL, that should tell u alot.

Basically the envy. Texan fans always feel the need to bash the Cowboys because of it. Its quite funny.

gaKNOW!blee
05-12-2008, 04:19 PM
I could, but how bout you check out a mirror. LOL, that should tell u alot.

Basically the envy. Texan fans always feel the need to bash the Cowboys because of it. Its quite funny.

Why? The Cowboys have won just as much as The Texans since the expansion.

GuerillaBlack
05-12-2008, 05:14 PM
^^Yep, yep. Cowboys have done just as much as the Texans, since the Texans came into the league in 2002. That, and the Texans early history is similar to the Cowboys early history.

I don't see the big deal. Just like in college football, just because you won the national championship in January, does not mean you will be number 1 come August. You may have lost some people, and other teams may have gotten better by coaching or personnel. Which is exactly what happened. No big deal.

You can't be serious man. Giants gained for than they lost.

J.T.
05-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Colts aren't a top 5 team until Dwight Freeney is 100% back from his ankle injury. Without him our pass rushing goes to shit and that's a crutch for the secondary. But until he's completely healthy, any team with a decent offense will be able to hang with Indy.

Marklar MM
05-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Detroit is ranked to high.

StylisticS
05-12-2008, 09:01 PM
^^Yep, yep. Cowboys have done just as much as the Texans, since the Texans came into the league in 2002. That, and the Texans early history is similar to the Cowboys early history.

You can't be serious man. Giants gained for than they lost.

They may lose Strahan, and they lost wilson. Who knows if Boss can continue to be good at the TE position like he showed in the playoffs and the WR position is not the greatest of strengths for them.

Your start better be as good. You started out in the salary cap era and where free agency is at it's greatest. No team will stay bad for long unless you have incompetent managing in your front office. Dallas still was more impressive at the beginning of the 60s in the Vince Lombardi days. Also, his quote was to show how Texan fans love to bash the Cowboys at any opportune time but Cowboy fans do not care about the Texans like that. When will Texan fans understand that you are not now, nor have you ever, nor will you ever be a rival of the Cowboys and you're not on our radar whatsoever. Good luck on defending your first ever winning season. If you want to try to emulate the Cowboys, work on that part first.

GuerillaBlack
05-13-2008, 06:26 AM
Not true. Teams back in the 70's and 80's were better because their squads stayed together for the longest and not having a signing limit.

Cowboys fans DO care about the Texans. You obviously haven't heard any Randy Galloway.

peewee's lovechild
05-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Why? The Cowboys have won just as much as The Texans since the expansion.

What the hell are you talking about?

You pussies just had your first non-losing season last season.

DBryant88
05-13-2008, 08:28 AM

Quinn's not even going to start. Man your dumb, Anderson is the Browns QB for now. And the cowboys are going to stomp on the browns:toast

DBryant88
05-13-2008, 09:14 AM
What the hell are you talking about?

You pussies just had your first non-losing season last season.

and .500 doesn't count as winning season anyway

O-Factor
05-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Cowboys are ranked where they should be. I understand why the Giants are ranked low, but they should be ranked #1 out of respect. Its not like these rankings mean shit anyway like in college football.

StylisticS
05-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Not true. Teams back in the 70's and 80's were better because their squads stayed together for the longest and not having a signing limit.

Cowboys fans DO care about the Texans. You obviously haven't heard any Randy Galloway.

You proved my point in your first post. If Dallas had the luxury that Houston had in the 1960s, they would have had a similar start that Houston had. The salary cap/free agency era began after the 1994 season. Remember Carolina and Jacksonville in their 2nd years? They went straight to to their conference championship games 1 year after their inauguration.

Are you really mentioning Gallowaste as Dallas fans caring about the Texans? You're not proving your point at all. Nobody in Dallas listens to him. Nobody in Dallas likes him. Put it this way,Cowboy fans care about the Texans as much as we care about the Seahawks. Which is another way of saying, in our eyes, you're nonexistant.
Cowboys top rivalries are:
Redskins
Niners
Steelers
Eagles
Packers
Giants
HUGE GAP
(insert any other team we don't really care about).
The Cowboys and the Texans are not a rivalry.

popshark86
05-14-2008, 12:57 AM
cowboys suck and will not win sh*t with romo and barber, you guys need a better coach

and yes, my team suck too, fu

:flag: