PDA

View Full Version : "Fue el mejor partido de mi vida"

chaco
01-23-2005, 09:37 AM
"Fue el mejor partido de mi vida"
Por Emanuel Ginóbili
Especial para LA NACION

"Estoy muerto. El partido contra Phoenix fue terrible y terminé muy cansado. Es que un ratito después viajamos para Sacramento donde jugamos mañana (por hoy), dormí poco y ahora estoy guardándome todo para la siesta. La verdad es que no esperaba meter tantos puntos, porque normalmente soy un jugador que hago un poco de cada cosa y tira poco. De hecho nunca en mi vida metí 48. Ni en Bahiense del Norte, ni en Italia, ni acá. En San Antonio estoy hace tres años y una sola vez había pasado los 30 tantos. Me acuerdo que una vez hice 41 en Estudiantes, en la Liga Nacional, y creo que fue contra Andino.

"Durante el juego, y más en uno tan difícil como contra los Suns, yo no me doy cuenta de los puntos que llevo, es lo que menos importa. Antes de empezar el tiemplo suplementario calculaba que tenía que tener más de 30, pero cuando miré el tablero arriba y vi que llevaba 42 me sorprendí bastante.

"Si nos fijamos en los números finales, puedo decir que fue el mejor partido de mi vida. Pero lo que más me interesa es que se dio contra un rival importantísimo, uno de los mejores de la competencia.

"Todo se dio para que yo anote mucho, porque Tim Duncan y Tony Parker no tenían mucho juego al principio, y como Phoenix tiene un estilo de mucho vértigo y defiende poco, las cosas se me facilitaron.

"Al final del último cuarto Popovich me dijo que comience a jugármela en el uno contra uno, porque estaba saliendo bien. Yo subía la pelota y, con el juego abierto porque teníamos cuatro externos y obligando a que ellos doblen la marca de Duncan, me quedaban espacios para definir o para liberar a mis compañeros. Normalmente, el que hace eso con más frecuencia es Tony.

"Por eso también se dio esa volcada en el suplementario, por la que todos me preguntan. Tenía libertad para hacerlo. Ellos me estaban forzando a jugar sobre la mano derecha, porque saben que mi fuerte está en la izquierda, entonces primero tomé distancia. Cuando vi que había espacio suficiente encaré y pude tomar un buen impulso en el salto. Decidí volcarla porque las cosas estaban muy calientes como para tirar una bandejita. Seguro que me tapaban.

"Cuando estábamos 17 puntos abajo y metí un par de triples seguidos, sentí que el equipo podía levantarse anímicamente. De lo que no me quiero olvidar es de lo decisivo que fueron Tim y Brent Barry. ¡Lo de Brent fue tremendo! Metió dos triples en los últimos 50 segundos y después metió otro cuando empezaba el suplementario.

"Después del partido di algunas notas y llegué más tarde al vestuario, donde todos me felicitaron por el partido y hablaban mucho de la volcada. De alguna manera se puede decir que ganamos con el estilo rápido que tiene Phoenix. Esa era la idea, jugar rápido, pero eso no quiere decir que lo hagamos apurados, sino tomando buenas decisiones con rapidez."

www.manuginobili.com

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/673441

usckk
01-23-2005, 09:43 AM
"I am dead. The party against Phoenix was terrible and I finished very tired. He is that a ratito later we travel for Sacramento where we play tomorrow (for the present), I slept little and now I am keeping me all for the siesta. The truth is that did not expect to put so many points, because normally I am a player that I do a little each thing and he throws little. In fact never in my life I put 48. Neither in Bahiense north, neither in Italy, neither here. In San Antonio I am three years ago and a single time had passed the 30 so many. Me agreement that once I did 41 in Students, in the National League, and I believe that was against Andean.

"During the play, and more in one as difficult as against the Suns, I do not realize the points that carry, is what less imports. Before beginning the I temper supplementary calculated that had to have more than 30, but when I looked at the up the panel and I saw that carried 42 I surprised me enough.

"If we set us in the final numbers, I can say that he was the best party of my life. But what more he interests he is me that he was given against a rival important one, one of the better of the competence.

"All he was given so that I he note a lot, because Tim Duncan and Tony Parker did not they have a lot of play al principle, and as Phoenix has a style of a lot of vertigo and defends little, the things were facilitated me.

"Al final of the last room Popovich told me that comience to play it to me in the one against one, because was turning out well. I the ball rose and, with the open play because we had four external and obliging that they double the mark of Duncan, spaces remained me to define or for free my companions. Normally, the one that does that with more frequency is Tony.

"Therefore also it was given that overturned in the supplementary one, by the one that all they ask me. It had liberty to do it. They were forcing me to play on the right hand, because they know that my fort is in the left, then first I took distance. When I saw that there was sufficient space I faced and I could take a good impulse in the leap. I decided to overturn it because the things were very hot as to throw a bandejita. Sure that covered me.

"When we were 17 down the points and I put a pair of continued triples, I felt that the team could be raised of mind. Of what do not I want to forget is me of the decisive thing that were Tim and Brent Barry. It of Brent was tremendous! It put two triples in the last 50 seconds and later put another when began the supplementary one.

"After the party I gave some notes and I arrived later al wardrobe, where all they congratulated me for the party and they spoke a lot of it overturned. Of some way can tell itself that we gain with the fast style that has Phoenix. That it was the idea, to play quickly, but that does not mean that we cause we hurried it, but taking good decisions with rapidity."

smeagol
01-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Here's a home-made transaltion:

"I’m wasted. The Phoenix game was incredible and I ended up exhausted. In a little while we are traveling to Sacramento where we play tomorrow. I haven’t slept much (I’ll probably take a monster nap). The truth is I did not expect to score so many points, because normally I’m the type of player that does a little of everything but does not shoot too much. Reality is I have never scored 48 points. Not in Bahiense del Norte, not in Italy, not here. I have played for the Spurs for three years now, and only once I scored more than 30 pts. I remember once I score 41 pts en Estudiantes, in the Argentine League, against Andino IIRC.

During the game, and in one as tough as this one against the Suns, I do not keep a tally of my scoring, it is the least of my worries. Before the beginning of OT I thought I scored more than 30, but when I looked up and saw the scoreboard of 42 pts, I was surprised.

If we look at the final stat sheet, I can say this was the best game of my life. But what is really important for me is that it was against a very important opponent, one of the best in the League.

Everything played out so I could have a high scoring night, because Duncan and Parker were having an off night at the beginning of the game, and given that Phoenix’s style of play is very aggressive in O but not a lot of D, things became easier for me.

At the end of the 4th Q, Popovich told me to start attacking “one-on-one”, because things were going my way. I was the one carrying the ball up the court. Given that the court was opening up due to the fact we had four shooters on the floor, coupled with Duncan presence, which forces double teaming, I had more space to penetrate or to find the open man. In a normal situation, this is Tony’s job.

That’s why I was able to dunk it in OT (everybody was asking me about that dunk after the game). They were forcing me to go to my right, because they know I like going left, therefore I first surveyed the situation. When I saw there was enough space, I went for it. Luckily I was able to jump high enough. I decided to dunk it given that the game was too “hot” to try to lay it (if I had laid it, it would most probably be blocked).

When we were down by 17 pts and I scored a couple of three pointers, I thought we could win it. What I would emphasize is how decisive in winning this game were Brent and Timmy were. What Brent did was incredible! He scored two three pointers in the last 50 seconds of the game and one when OT was starting.

After the game I spoke with the media and arrived late to the locker room, where everybody congratulate me and asked me about the dunk. One could argue we beat Phoenix at their game. And that was the idea, playing quick basketball, but not rushing things, and trying to take the right decisions as fast as possible."

whottt
01-23-2005, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the real translation Smeagol. Google translations are awful.

smeagol
01-23-2005, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the real translation Smeagol. Google translations are awful.
You are welcome.

It's about time you learn some spanish so we can debate topics in my native language. :spin

whottt
01-23-2005, 11:09 AM
I know some Spanish...but I don't know if it's the right kind...I definitely know enough to get into a fight with someone that speaks Spanish.

I probably should have taken Spanish in college since I get a lot more opportunities to speak it...I took French, believe it or not :), and I've forgotten most of what I learned because I never got the chance to speak it.

ALVAREZ6
01-23-2005, 11:20 AM
I probably should have taken Spanish in college since I get a lot more opportunities to speak it...I took French, believe it or not :), and I've forgotten most of what I learned because I never got the chance to speak it.

Would have been smart since you live in Texas....

boutons
01-23-2005, 12:59 PM
There's plenty of French influence in TX. Texas Under Six Flags! :)

Seriously, ask Texas billionaire oilmen what they think about a seismological oil prospecting, pivotal innovation by a Frenchman named ... Schlumberger.

whottt
01-23-2005, 01:19 PM
There's plenty of French influence in TX. Texas Under Six Flags! :)

Seriously, ask Texas billionaire oilmen what they think about a seismological oil prospecting, pivotal innovation by a Frenchman named ... Schlumberger.

Be sure and point out to NBADan that a Frenchman started that company...

When I pointed it out to him(when he was saying it was an American company that got screwed by Haliburton) that it was French company, started in France, still truly based in France, and just as much of a favrored UN organization as Haliburton is to the US, he accused me of Right Wing Conspiracy.

Mr. Body
01-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Back on topic: That dunk was huge and impressive also because the dude's tank must have been bottoming out at that point.

Sense
01-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Well, since I'm Mexican, I perfectly understood what he said and even in lingo.

It's better when you understand it aswell as I do, English isn't the same...

you should've taken Spanish.

Manu_Argentino
01-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Muy bueno man, bien chako y smeagol, aguante argentina loko, y uds yankies dejen de joder kon la guerra "al asesinato en masa los humanos lo llaman guerra" :smokin

smeagol
01-23-2005, 05:23 PM
Muy bueno man, bien chako y smeagol, aguante argentina loko, y uds yankies dejen de joder kon la guerra "al asesinato en masa los humanos lo llaman guerra" :smokin
Fiera, para ser tu primer post, deja mucho que desear.

Si queres criticar a los gringos por la guerra (como yo lo he hecho varias veces), está el foro político. No uses este thread por que quedas muy descolgado.

Otra cosa: loko y kon van con "c". Dejate de joder y hace un esfuerzo para escribir bien en castellano, un bello idioma cuando está bien escrito.

Por lo demas: Aguante Argentina y bienvenido al foro.