PDA

View Full Version : 3 Advantages the Spurs have going forward

Whisky Dog
05-12-2008, 02:48 PM
1) David West is a mental midget

West is a great talent and has a nice shot, but he can be taken out of his
game fairly easily. Fabricio Oberto has gotten into West's head, and
Oberto can barely speak english. A little physical play goes a long way to throwing David West off his game.

2) Peja + Pressure = Disaster

Not much needed to be said here, anyone who has watched the NBA for the last several years knows how well Peja handles pressure situations. 2002's Anti-Horry.

3) Tim Duncan makes his 1st healthy trip to New Orleans

And hopefully his last trip to New Orleans before heading west.

ChumpDumper
05-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Is mouse giving the Spurs his mojo yet?

That could be #4.

smeagol
05-12-2008, 02:57 PM
1) Spurs adjusted and it worked. Can the Hornets adjust?

2) Manu is not limping anymore

But most important of all:

3) TD is healthy.

phyzik
05-12-2008, 03:12 PM
quite a few Hornets fans are already jumping ship over at hornetsreport.com

hater
05-12-2008, 03:25 PM
I think it's a big advantage that our mascot did not try to burn down the arena.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-12-2008, 03:56 PM
I think it's a big advantage that our mascot did not try to burn down the arena.

That fuzzy bastard? I'm sure he's seen Old School and thought better of it.

My advantages:
1. Tim has quickly developed a natural immunity to whatever swamp virus he picked up. The rest of the team should be innoculated with Tim's blood, assuming it isn't already considered a performance enhancer.

2. The Spurs know how to play dirty and the refs will allow them to do so.

3. In his haste to show off his basketball knowledge, cajunhornetsbayou has given us not one, not two, but FOUR strategies for dealing with the pick and roll. Pop is on this board all the time and I'm sure he saw it. Oh the cruel irony.

Spurminator
05-12-2008, 04:17 PM
The Hornets were riding a pretty good wave of success through the first two games of the series, but by tomorrow it will have been more than a week since their last victory.

I think momentum can be overrated at times, but I also think that extended time without the taste of victory can allow seeds of doubt to harvest a little more easily. The Spurs have their swagger back, while the Hornets are starting to look (and perhaps feel) young and inexperienced.

Reggie Miller
05-12-2008, 04:20 PM
That fuzzy bastard? I'm sure he's seen Old School and thought better of it.

My advantages:
1. Tim has quickly developed a natural immunity to whatever swamp virus he picked up. The rest of the team should be innoculated with Tim's blood, assuming it isn't already considered a performance enhancer.

2. The Spurs know how to play dirty and the refs will allow them to do so.

3. In his haste to show off his basketball knowledge, cajunhornetsbayou has given us not one, not two, but FOUR strategies for dealing with the pick and roll. Pop is on this board all the time and I'm sure he saw it. Oh the cruel irony.

:rollin

WildcardManu
05-12-2008, 04:21 PM
quite a few Hornets fans are already jumping ship over at hornetsreport.com

Yeah, i've been enjoying myself over there, how quick everyone is jumping off the love boat.

Summers
05-12-2008, 04:23 PM

Are you sure it wasn't a trap??

:lol

Reggie Miller
05-12-2008, 04:29 PM
1. German Tourist Mugging Season opens in New Orleans on Tuesday. This will be a major distraction for the residents of the Crescent City, as most folks will be trying to bag their limit during that first sherry hour at the LaMothe House.

2. Don't make Jax have to shoot a bitch... Just trust me on this one...

3. The Spurs plan on treating the Hornets to sherry hour at the LaMothe House. (See #1 above.)

SpurOutofTownFan
05-12-2008, 05:38 PM
1) David West is a mental midget

West is a great talent and has a nice shot, but he can be taken out of his
game fairly easily. Fabricio Oberto has gotten into West's head, and
Oberto can barely speak english. A little physical play goes a long way to throwing David West off his game.

That works towards Oberto's advantage. West can say anything he wants to him and he might not even understand what the heck he's saying - West would think this Argentinian dude is just ignoring him and that would piss him off.

Parkerlooms
05-12-2008, 07:15 PM
the 3 advantages the Spurs have going forward--

1) Tony Parker

2) Manu Ginobili

3) Tim Duncan

dbreiden83080
05-12-2008, 08:37 PM

LOL. :toast

And Paul flopping like a tool in that Sig is hilarious.

m33p0
05-12-2008, 10:04 PM
if a team is constantly double-teaming a guy like duncan and still manages 20pts on 9-12 shooting... they're skrewed.