PDA

View Full Version : Parker Or Cp3....

Roundrockers
05-12-2008, 06:24 PM
... who do you honestly think has played better overall in this series? I think its been a push up to this point.

ClingingMars
05-12-2008, 06:26 PM
equal.

- Mars

mavs>spurs2
05-12-2008, 06:30 PM
CP3. While their stats are somewhat similar, Paul has to put up with the burden of being "the man." Tony Parker won't see as many double teams or defensive strategies designed solely to slow him down, because the Hornets are more worried about Tim Duncan. Also, CP3 has played better in these playoffs than any other player in the league.

eisfeld
05-12-2008, 06:35 PM
... who do you honestly think has played better overall in this series? I think its been a push up to this point.

Hard to tell - Parker stepped up big time in game 3 and 4 when they desperately needed a win. If he want's to he can violate the Hornets defense almost at will. But so did Paul with the Spurs defense, the kid is - despite his mental state - a great player. Taking all 4 games into account I'd say it's Paul.

ShoogarBear
05-12-2008, 07:16 PM
If TP plays CP3 to a near-draw, or even approaching that, Spurs win. :smokin

ducks
05-12-2008, 07:18 PM
lets see how the rest of the series plays out

Parkerlooms
05-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Parker-- he has come up bigger in the more important games. Not just because of his individual stats, but his ability to get everyone involved and dictate tempo.

ducks
05-12-2008, 07:19 PM
paul and parker both need help
parker needed a healthier duncan in game one and 2
and paul needs peja and has not got him

diego
05-12-2008, 07:29 PM
i think tony's been our best player so far in the playoffs, but games 1 and 2 paul outplayed him. have to wait for the series to end to really say.

matmatmat
05-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Parker-- he has come up bigger in the more important games.

So which games were the unimportant ones? If the hornets would have lost game 1 or 2 the series would basically be over.

eisfeld
05-12-2008, 08:04 PM
So which games were the unimportant ones? If the hornets would have lost game 1 or 2 the series would basically be over.

With the Spurs being down 2-0 the important games were obviously game 3 and 4. Parker had a pathetic game 2 performance. In Game one he was good, as well in 3 and 4. But in Game 2 he had little help from the role players.

I can see your point - every frickin' game is important in the playoffs, but after being down 2-0 - the following games at home are more important. Parker provided everything needed along with the key players of the Spurs. When the Hornets shut down one of the big three totally like Duncan in Game 1 and Ginobili in Game 2 (despite he played little minutes) they may end up winning the game. If the big three contribute the Hornets stand little chance.

It's the same with the Hornets offense - The Spurs could not slow down West, Paul and Peja - In Game 2 they where lucky, Mo Pete hit every fucking shot in his 23 minutes - but if they shut down one entirely the hornets are struggeling.

Tomorrow I expect a big game of either big three. Depending on Gino and Peja as the X-Factor I expect a real slaughterfest. Whoever ends up winning tomorrow (with the big three of either team contributing) will win the series.

I always thought the Hornets might be the toughtes matchup for the Spurs in the Playoffs. I didn't fear Phoenix, I wouldn't fear the Lakers and Celtics/Pistons. For the Spurs it's beating the Hornets which matters. I'm glad they could net game 3 and 4, and I can see them winning one game in NO. If they fail, the spurs fail because of the HCA the Hornets inherit.

It'll be not CP3 nor TP who decides who will win the series. It'll be guys like Finley, Thomas, Oberto and Udoka.

BigBeezie
05-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Very close...but I choose Parker based on experience.

mystargtr34
05-12-2008, 08:20 PM
CP3. While their stats are somewhat similar, Paul has to put up with the burden of being "the man." Tony Parker won't see as many double teams or defensive strategies designed solely to slow him down, because the Hornets are more worried about Tim Duncan. Also, CP3 has played better in these playoffs than any other player in the league.

You must be confused with your own team.... Chris Paul has had basically single coverage the entire series... we actually focused more on D West in the first two games than CP3 and then worried about stopping everyone else in games 3 and 4.

Obviously Paul will always be the 'focal' point of the defensive scheme... but he has been guarded pretty much straight up like TP.

But i would give the slight edge to Paul... but Parker is right there with him.

tlongII
05-12-2008, 08:23 PM
If TP plays CP3 to a near-draw, or even approaching that, Spurs win. :smokin

Your answer is contained somewhere within this post...

HarlemHeat37
05-12-2008, 08:39 PM
obviously Paul..

the Spurs strategy is to make Paul beat us..he's the focus of the defense..

for the Hornets, their focus is to stop Duncan by swarming and doubling him..

dbreiden83080
05-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Paul has played better and is the better player but Tony by taking it right at CP3 has really helped to turn this thing around. Tony is having a hell of a post-season.

shelshor
05-13-2008, 06:59 AM
Parker--Chrissiey C3PO loses a lot because of his dramma queen antics and general lack of maturity
The "I'm going to tell Stu Jackson" comment alone costs Paul any contest between Tony & him
I'm betting on at least 3 nut punches in the next 2 games

BRHornet45
05-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Parker-- he has come up bigger in the more important games. Not just because of his individual stats, but his ability to get everyone involved and dictate tempo.

as if you would say anything other than that ... you biased Tony Parker nut-hugger

Supreme_Being
05-13-2008, 08:16 AM
All I know is that my boy TP is clutch.

romain.star
05-13-2008, 09:39 AM
TP is having an amazing post-season... Along with CP3 and Kobe, he's the best player of the 08 playoffs.

m33p0
05-13-2008, 10:43 AM
parker. if you look at the boundaries within these guys play, parker has pretty much done everything that he normally does. paul, in the last 2 games, has failed to get his teammates involved, best example of which is chandler's only points coming from the free throw line.

Smirk
05-13-2008, 10:45 AM
All of this stuff about "Chris Paul's mental state" and such is ridiculous. You don't know what you're talking about.

Players on your own team whine and flop JUST as much and have been doing it longer. CP is one of the nicest, most humble guys off the court. He constantly deflects praise for himself and gives it to his teammates.

On the court, he's a fierce competitor. That's about it. Anything else you say about him is your projection as a fan of an opposing team.

timvp
05-13-2008, 10:45 AM
... who do you honestly think has played better overall in this series? I think its been a push up to this point.Paul, easily. Paul was much better in Game 1 and Game 2. Parker probably slightly outplayed him in the last two games. But looking at it on a whole, it's not even close.

Then again, this series isn't over yet. :smokin

T Park
05-13-2008, 10:48 AM
After tonight it will be dead even.

Parkerlooms
05-13-2008, 10:58 AM
as if you would say anything other than that ... you biased Tony Parker nut-hugger

Wow. What a great fifth grade level insult. I'm crushed.

Regardless of my Spurs bias, I answer questions like these objectively, and so far Tony Parker has come up bigger than Chris Paul in my opinion.

O-Factor
05-13-2008, 11:04 AM
I think they've played equally well. The offense is really flowing through Parker right now as much as it flows through CP3. But I think Parker will end up out playing him as the series concludes.

SAGambler
05-13-2008, 11:05 AM
I think Tony gets the nod, because he seems to be playing a "smarter" game. He doesn't let his emotions control him.

From a stat standpoint, Paul has a slight edge, and as long as things are going well for the Hornets, and Paul is happy everything is ok. It's when things start going south I think Paul tries to put it on his shoulders and by doing so loses the involvement of his teammates. Just one more thing that some age and maturity will take care of.

So let's just call it a draw. I think we have more personnel to draw upon than NO does. If Bruce takes Peja out of the picture, NO doesn't have a replacement scorer for him. But if, say, Fin is bricking, we can bring in Ime. If Ime is bricking we can bring in Brent. As long as 2 of the big 3 is stroking it, we can always find a 3rd guy to help. That depth is what I think will be the undoing of the Hornets.

gobo
05-13-2008, 11:07 AM

If a homer says it is a push, it means cp3.

Death In June
05-13-2008, 01:23 PM
I think it's too close to call at this point. I was wondering though, which PG has been more exciting to watch? I got into a discussion with someone who insisted on using "the spurs are old, boring, and dirty" mantra and one of his reasons was that Tony Parker was boring. But the guy's also a huge CP3 fan. I don't see, really, that there's a whole lot of difference in the style of basketball that they play. Maybe I'm missing something, some nuance, since I'm admittedly a football-first fan. There doesnt seem to be a huge discrepancy in their assist/steals, points in the paint, or in transition. I just don't see Parker toss up as many alley-oops.

Roundrockers
05-13-2008, 01:26 PM
If a homer says it is a push, it means cp3.

I dont think so. If you look at three things its prety much even

1) Scoring- very slight edge to tony

2) Tempo- Even, each guy has controled it for 2 games

2) Getting teamates involved- Edge to Paul but not by as much as one may think.

Roundrockers
05-13-2008, 01:27 PM
I think it's too close to call at this point. I was wonder though, which PG has been more exciting to watch? I get into a discussion with some one who insited on using the spurs are old, boring, and dirty mantra and one of his reasons was that Tony Parker was boring. But the guy's also a huge CP3 fan. I don't see, really, that there's a whole lot of difference in the style of basketball that they play. Maybe I'm missing something, some nuance, since I'm admittedly a football-first fan.

Your not missing anything, there equally exciting to watch.

stéphane
05-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Paul played well for 4 games Tony was ok+ in one, bad in one and duncanesque in games 3 & 4... Overall I'd go with Paul consistency but we gotta love how Tony came out in the last two games !
I did wake up in the middle of the night to watch my spurs and I was honestly surprised of the nearly flawless decision making Tony has shown... He's really blossoming beyond what we could expect at his age.
Spurs look good with such a brutal big 3.

gobo
05-13-2008, 03:52 PM
I dont think so. If you look at three things its prety much even

1) Scoring- very slight edge to tony

2) Tempo- Even, each guy has controled it for 2 games

2) Getting teamates involved- Edge to Paul but not by as much as one may think.

may be i have not watched very closely like you might have. but it seems cp3
seems to have more assist per game.

ambchang
05-13-2008, 03:54 PM
CP3.
The entire Spurs defensive strategy is built around him, and the entire Hornets offense is built around him.

Parker has been playing great, but the Hornets are looking to revolve their defense around Duncan, and Parker, Manu and Duncan has been splitting the offensive responsibilities pretty evenly so far in the series.

Roundrockers
05-13-2008, 04:14 PM
may be i have not watched very closely like you might have. but it seems cp3
seems to have more assist per game.

He does, but Tony has done a good job himself.