PDA

View Full Version : Why Doesn't The AT&T Give Out Rally Rags Like A Lot Of Other Arenas?

davi78239
05-12-2008, 09:27 PM
We get cheap clappers and shit like that instead. Yes, I know. We still end up winning in the end but I've always wondered that. Are they really that cheap?

CubanMustGo
05-12-2008, 09:28 PM
:s/AT&T/Spurs Organization/

Kori Ellis
05-12-2008, 09:29 PM
I don't think it's about being cheap. Don't clappers cost more than rally rags.

FromWayDowntown
05-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Rally rags and t-shirts don't make any noise. Better to give people the means to make noise than to make the whole place telegenic.

01Snake
05-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Spurs don't need no stinkin' gimmicks! :D

Trainwreck2100
05-12-2008, 09:32 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to say fuck you toyota for ponying up the dough for shirts for Game one in NO, but not here

Shelly
05-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Whatever they gave out yesterday fell apart pretty quickly.

davi78239
05-12-2008, 09:33 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to say fuck you toyota for ponying up the dough for shirts for Game one in NO, but not here

Oh damn, that is pretty messed up! Never realized that.

tony09manu
05-12-2008, 09:35 PM
We got some last year or the year before...I still have mine.

completely deck
05-12-2008, 09:36 PM
I would think thousands of pieces of plastic are far more expensive than pieces of fabric.

davi78239
05-12-2008, 09:36 PM
We got some last year or the year before...I still have mine.

Yea, by H-E-B right? Did anyone even wear them, I forgot already.

tony09manu
05-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Yea, by H-E-B right? Did anyone even wear them, I forgot already.

They're too small to "wear".

ashbeeigh
05-12-2008, 09:50 PM
cue "Peter HOlt is a cheap bastard" comments.

duncan228
05-12-2008, 09:56 PM
They've done it at some point, a friend sent me one. Not from a playoff game though.

CubanMustGo
05-12-2008, 10:00 PM
They gave out shirts during Game 2 of the Finals last year ... of course Time-Warner paid for them.

EJFischer
05-12-2008, 10:03 PM
HEB sponsored shirts were given out during game 1 of the Finals last year. I sometimes work out in mine, it's too big for me to wear as a regular shirt.

ElNono
05-12-2008, 11:16 PM
I went to the NJ-Spurs game here in Joisey, and they gave a free Devin Harris tshirt to everybody. What was funny is that they would not give us the plastic clappers, because we were not Nets fans. I laughed so hard that day, I guess they really think those clappers really work against players shooting freethrows.

sa_kid20
05-12-2008, 11:25 PM
I would think thousands of pieces of plastic are far more expensive than pieces of fabric.

The clappers aren't plastic they're cardboard. You fold the piece of cardboard into a fan looking thing and then you hit it against your hand. And like someone already said they fall apart pretty easily. The one i got yesterday tore and fell apart by the 3rd quarter.

atlfan25
05-12-2008, 11:26 PM
those clappers are genius for sa's lazy ass crowd who just want to sit on their ass and drink a beer

this way they can make noise while they drink

don't hate, appreciate!

Kori Ellis
05-12-2008, 11:27 PM
The clappers aren't plastic they're cardboard. You fold the piece of cardboard into a fan looking thing and then you hit it against your hand. And like someone already said they fall apart pretty easily. The one i got yesterday tore and fell apart by the 3rd quarter.

Some of them (not that game) have been plastic. I have a few of them at my house.

sa_kid20
05-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Some of them (not that game) have been plastic. I have a few of them at my house.

Yeah i have some of the plastic ones too but the ones that they've been giving away in the playoffs have been the same cardboard ones. I would rather get rags or shirts but i guess they just give us stuff we can make noise with but if you're going to a PLAYOFF GAME you should be making a lot of noise anyway, but whatever as long as we win.

BlackSwordsMan
05-12-2008, 11:39 PM
ownt

DynastyBuilder
05-13-2008, 12:06 AM
They gave out shirts during Game 2 of the Finals last year ... of course Time-Warner paid for them.

:nope

I seriously doubt the Spurs handed anything out Time Warner.

FromWayDowntown
05-13-2008, 12:37 AM
:nope

I seriously doubt the Spurs handed anything out Time Warner.

Time Warner handed out shirts on the street corners leading into the AT&T Center at some point during last year's playoffs. They were black, had a cartoonish Manu, and said something like "Go For 4." It was an unsuccessful effort to black out the building -- I want to say it was for Game 2 of the Finals, but can't say that for certain.

DynastyBuilder
05-13-2008, 01:00 AM
Time Warner handed out shirts on the street corners leading into the AT&T Center at some point during last year's playoffs. They were black, had a cartoonish Manu, and said something like "Go For 4." It was an unsuccessful effort to black out the building -- I want to say it was for Game 2 of the Finals, but can't say that for certain.

Precisely, TW handed out the shirts. They aren't a Spurs sponsor and I'm sure it wasn't a coordinated effort to black out the building. More like TW trying to market in the building.

rascal
05-13-2008, 06:08 AM
They're too small to "wear".

Lose some weight.

rascal
05-13-2008, 06:10 AM

Sounds cheaper than rags. I'm sure they are less expensive than rags. Its all about money.

travis2
05-13-2008, 06:11 AM

It was Game 2. I got one as well.

CubanMustGo
05-13-2008, 07:26 AM
Precisely, TW handed out the shirts. They aren't a Spurs sponsor and I'm sure it wasn't a coordinated effort to black out the building. More like TW trying to market in the building.

And if you think the Spurs organization would allow someone to come onto the grounds of the AT&T and hand out something without your permission, you're nuts. Go back to sleep.

et-sa
05-13-2008, 07:50 AM
I hate those stupid cardboard things too. Mine is shredded by the half. I liked the clacker things we used to get. They held up pretty well.

And, Time Warner was giving those things out across the street as people walked in from other parking lots or to cars that were waiting in line to turn in. They were not allowed to step onto the AT&T Center grounds. We actually saw security chase a couple of the guys off when they got too close.

LoveMySpurs
05-13-2008, 08:08 AM
The maracas they handed out at the last Suns game were great. Loud, durable and portable. I plan on taking them to the game on Thursday.

The Spurs will never get accused of over the top theatrics- their player intro is pretty tame compared to some of the others. Fans could get into the games more tho.

I've sat next to too many people who I want to just shake and ask why they are taking up the space in the ATT&T Center of they don't care about the game. The other annoying 'fans' are those who can't seem to put away their damn cell phones.

Jimcs50
05-13-2008, 08:12 AM
why are people always ragging on Peter Holt?

ElNono
05-13-2008, 08:14 AM
I'll take another championship over any rags or t-shirts...

DynastyBuilder
05-13-2008, 08:36 AM
And if you think the Spurs organization would allow someone to come onto the grounds of the AT&T and hand out something without your permission, you're nuts. Go back to sleep.

eh? :sleep

rascal
05-13-2008, 08:36 AM
I'll take another championship over any rags or t-shirts...

A championship has nothing to do with getting the rally rags or not getting them. Its just something for the fans to get into the game and have some fun with.

Ginofan
05-13-2008, 09:43 AM
We've gotten rally rags before. I still have two of mine...they are gray and say Go Spurs Go on them. I just can't remember when I got them...maybe 03 or 04?

Los Spurs
05-13-2008, 10:00 AM
This thread only proves once again that people are never satisfied with anything that pertains to the Spurs...

T Park
05-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Find a company that will sponsor the said item and they will be given away.

No team buys this stuff and gives it away, they all have sponsorship for it. If there was no sponsorship for that stuff, you wouldn't see ANY of it.

T Park
05-13-2008, 10:51 AM
The maracas they handed out at the last Suns game were great. Loud, durable and portable. I plan on taking them to the game on Thursday.

The Spurs will never get accused of over the top theatrics- their player intro is pretty tame compared to some of the others. Fans could get into the games more tho.

I've sat next to too many people who I want to just shake and ask why they are taking up the space in the ATT&T Center of they don't care about the game. The other annoying 'fans' are those who can't seem to put away their damn cell phones.

Actually the player intros in the playoffs are kick ass compared to the regular season.

That new song they play may be a rehased remixed song but its kick ass and gets EVERYONE into it. I love it :tu

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-13-2008, 01:06 PM
FSSW showed the player intros for Game 3 and I thought they kicked ass.

sa_butta
05-13-2008, 02:01 PM
FSSW showed the player intros for Game 3 and I thought they kicked ass.
No doubt, I thought it was bad ass that they showed the whole intro.