PDA

View Full Version : Bad luck???

sa_butta
01-23-2005, 12:48 PM
Why is that we seem to have bad luck in the closing seconds of a game, (ie. Marion's 3 pointer at the end of regulation to send it into overtime). I get so nervous in close games cause it always seems that no matter how much time is left the other team can make a basket to win or make it closer. Am I the only one who think we have bad luck in nail-biters. I dont think I have to remind anyone of all the times this has happened to us.

boutons
01-23-2005, 01:13 PM
Spurs were damn lucky just last Wednesday that Elton:

1. was a half-step late with his help defense on Tony's drive, and,

2. Elton missed a short jumper at the buzzer.

ALVAREZ6
01-23-2005, 01:16 PM
I think the same thing, SA butta.

D-Fisher's 0.4, then T-Mac's crazy ass 3 point show...then Marion.

I think it's because they don't contest the final shots with the right timing.

They do a good job, but it's a timing thing. On Marion's 3, i think it was Beno who jumped way to early to bother Marion. Just get a hand in the guys face and keep your hands up.

sa_butta
01-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Just thinking about (Mcgrady,Okur, Nowitzki at end of halftime and Marion end of regulation). Just seems like teams get lucky in closing seconds of a close game.

SLOVENIAN 8
01-23-2005, 01:26 PM
I think the same thing, SA butta.

D-Fisher's 0.4, then T-Mac's crazy ass 3 point show...then Marion.

I think it's because they don't contest the final shots with the right timing.

They do a good job, but it's a timing thing. On Marion's 3, i think it was Beno who jumped way to early to bother Marion. Just get a hand in the guys face and keep your hands up.

Yes ot was Beno, Spurs have luck that there was no foul, and if Marion score and then foul, dam that would be scary!

boutons
01-23-2005, 01:28 PM
"Just thinking about (Mcgrady,Okur, Nowitzki at end of halftime and Marion end of regulation)"

think about something else, masochist! :)

ALVAREZ6
01-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Beno jumped and veered off to the side in mid air.

He should have either jumped with good timing , or just stand in front of Marion on his toes with both hands up in his face.

You don't always have to go for a block, you can just put your hands in their face so they don't see shit.

sa_butta
01-23-2005, 01:36 PM
Beno jumped and veered off to the side in mid air.

He should have either jumped with good timing , or just stand in front of Marion on his toes with both hands up in his face.

You don't always have to go for a block, you can just put your hands in their face so they don't see shit.

Good point maybe just better defense. Ginobili played great defense on Fisher with that .4 BS shot. I dont understand the Mcgrady thing though, you would think they would play him super tight toward the end. He is the go to guy. We have two more chances to redeem ourselves against H-town

ALVAREZ6
01-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Good point maybe just better defense. Ginobili played great defense on Fisher with that .4 BS shot. I dont understand the Mcgrady thing though, you would think they would play him super tight toward the end. He is the go to guy. We have two more chances to redeem ourselves against H-town
Yeah, Duncan fouled Tmac on a 3, and it was and one, and he has 4 inches on him.

He could have easily turned that shot into an air ball by putting his hands up in his face.

indianspur
01-23-2005, 01:57 PM
not to forget against jazz, it was okur or boozer (I don't remember who) with the put back.....that hurt as well! :pctoss

sa_butta
01-23-2005, 02:00 PM
not to forget against jazz, it was okur or boozer (I don't remember who) with the put back.....that hurt as well! :pctoss

Okur had the put back.

Dre_7
01-23-2005, 03:01 PM
They shoulda fouled on the inbounds and then PHX only gets 2 points, we inbound it to our best free threw shooter and extend the lead back to three. They comentaters always say it, and I actually agree w/ them for once, why dont teams foul w/ they are up 3.

texbound
01-23-2005, 03:32 PM
It all evens out in the end. For every last second shot that goes against us, there's a last second shot that goes for us. It just so happens that we (well, most people) remember the heartbreak shots more (with the exception being Sean's Memorial Day Miracle shot). I haven't forgotten Hedo's shot against the Pacers, or SJAX shot against the Celtics, or Terry Porter's shot to beat Charlotte, or when the Spurs scored 4 pts in 6 seconds to tie Phoenix in 1993.