PDA

View Full Version : The Proof is in the Pudding, TD >>> KG in playoffs

Phil Hellmuth
05-12-2008, 11:32 PM
If Tim Duncan was on the Celtics with that roster, they wouldn't have the problems that the Celtics are having right now.

I still don't see how delusional people still would take KG over TD? Is it the hype, his overzealous heart/enthusiasm, marketing appeal? Or is it just plain ignorance?

KG has failed to demand the ball in the paint and take over a game. Kenny smith said it best, you can't depend on KG to take over a game offensively. When you have Varejo and Z guarding you, take it to the rack. When you start the game 4 for 4, and then camp out around the paint area, wtf are you doing?

case closed, I never want to hear another person say I would pick KG over Duncan.

slayermin
05-13-2008, 12:02 AM
I still don't see how delusional people still would take KG over TD? Is it the hype, his overzealous heart/enthusiasm, marketing appeal? Or is it just plain ignorance?

Yes and yes.

Parkerlooms
05-13-2008, 12:08 AM
If (and its looking like a big if) the Celtics get past Cleveland, Detroit will surely put them away.

I think Detroit-Cleveland rematch would be better anyway.

bobbybob0
05-13-2008, 04:48 AM
If (and its looking like a big if) the Celtics get past Cleveland, Detroit will surely put them away.

I think Detroit-Cleveland rematch would be better anyway.

What are you trying to say with this sig?

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h137/reyes89_2006/tonyparker1.jpg

Cause it doesn't make any sense in French...

gmanrulz
05-13-2008, 04:52 AM
the difference between 4 championships and 0 is the difference between being a damn good player and a damn good player that makes his teamates better.

endrity
05-13-2008, 05:42 AM
old news!!!

rascal
05-13-2008, 06:04 AM
Who said they would take Garnett over Duncan?

Shaolin-Style
05-13-2008, 06:29 AM
Go post "Who would you take on your team to rebuild today, KG or TD?" somewhere other than a celtics or spurs site, and you'll be surprised how many clowns make arguments for KG and actually pick him.

Supergirl
05-13-2008, 07:01 AM
I think the C's will still win against the Cavs, but it may take 7 games. But their inability to win on the road will certainly hurt them against the Pistons, who are good enough to win one in Boston.

spursfan09
05-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Well hopefully Billups will be okay first of all

ElNono
05-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Now that we're all in the same page about KG vs TD, we move to the next question:

Who's better in the playoffs? KG or Dirk? I actually think the German has the advantage here...

1Parker1
05-13-2008, 08:04 AM
What's more laughable is that Garnett even has a DPOY award on his resume and after all these years of Duncan's defense helping the Spurs win 4 rings and be a top 3 defensive team in the league, he has ZERO DPOY awards.

wijayas
05-13-2008, 08:09 AM
case closed, I never want to hear another person say I would pick KG over Duncan.

Amen brother. I am with you all the way! :toast

Ocotillo
05-13-2008, 08:17 AM
How many MVP votes did KG get?

wijayas
05-13-2008, 08:27 AM
How many MVP votes did KG get?

One. 2004.

Spurminator
05-13-2008, 08:57 AM
KG's teammate-punching, ref-shoving attitude is great for the game.

michaelwcho
05-13-2008, 08:59 AM
I agree with Rosen that KG is essentially a great role-player, a la Scottie Pippen. He's not a clutch performer because his game is jumpers--also a feature of Dirk's game. In the playoffs, you have to take extra contact and finish around the rim. On the Celtics, he actually has Pierce who has the strength to get into the paint, so his flaw should be hidden that way.

With all the talent of KG, Pierce, and Allen, they should easily contend for the title, but none of these guys are noted for their playoffs successes. Perhaps next year. Which is why I questioned the prevailing attitude of "crowning their asses" before the playoffs even started!