PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think HCA is a bit overrated?

ATXSPUR
05-13-2008, 12:13 AM
I mean don't get me wrong. Being home in front of your crowd is always a nice boost. But after hearing all this "teams with HCA don't need to win on the road crap" i'm seriously starting to wonder if we overrate HCA. I mean yes mathmatically a team with HCA doesn't need to win on the road but in the end it's still the same group of people on a differently painted floor. I mean do teams get to use different players when they play at home? I just don't get whey everyone looks at a home game as almost an automatic W.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-13-2008, 12:22 AM
Actually I'd say that this year it's proving its worth. Thus far in the second round with four games down in each series there has been only one road win. In a tight series it can make a difference.

DazedAndConfused
05-13-2008, 12:37 AM
Are you some kind of idiot? Are you watching the 2nd round of the playoffs? Seriously, did the doctors drop you on your head when you were a baby?

SpursFan0728
05-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Are you some kind of idiot? Are you watching the 2nd round of the playoffs? Seriously, did the doctors drop you on your head when you were a baby?

well for Lakers HCA is more important than Spurs

SAtown
05-13-2008, 12:43 AM

...because the Spurs don't have HCA this series.

DazedAndConfused
05-13-2008, 12:45 AM

HCA is important for any team, including the Spurs.

JamStone
05-13-2008, 12:45 AM
Apparently not.

SpursFan0728
05-13-2008, 12:50 AM
...because the Spurs don't have HCA this series.

I mean playoffs in general..
Spurs have shown from past years that HCA does not bother them as much as other teams.

mavsfan1000
05-13-2008, 01:07 AM
It's only important if the teams are evenly matched. If one is clearly better than it won't matter.

ATXSPUR
05-13-2008, 01:10 AM

Says the fan of a team that is relying on HCA so they don't get their asses handed to them by the mormons.

Shaolin-Style
05-13-2008, 01:15 AM
You may have been right in the 1st round. Almost, but still, these playoffs have dictated the balance of power when it comes to HCA, and thats been completely evident in the 2nd round that its most definitely not overrated.

ATXSPUR
05-13-2008, 01:17 AM
You may have been right in the 1st round. Almost, but still, these playoffs have dictated the balance of power when it comes to HCA, and thats been completely evident in the 2nd round that its most definitely not overrated.

I mean don't get me wrong. HCA is definitely a great thing to have and can help a lot. But I just don't get why people are talking about home games as if they are automatic wins. All this talk about HCA teams not needing to win on the road just seems ridiculous to me.

DazedAndConfused
05-13-2008, 01:24 AM
Says the fan of a team that is relying on HCA so they don't get their asses handed to them by the mormons.

The Jazz haven't blown out the Lakers in either of their wins. LAL was right there till the bitter end in every game......unlike SAS who has been utterly blown out in every one of their road losses.

Kriz-Maxima
05-13-2008, 07:11 AM
I don't really know...ask Boston.

Supergirl
05-13-2008, 07:14 AM
It's only important if the teams are evenly matched. If one is clearly better than it won't matter.

Agreed.

m33p0
05-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Actually I'd say that this year it's proving its worth. Thus far in the second round with four games down in each series there has been only one road win. In a tight series it can make a difference.
especially if the visiting team steals game 1.

ElNono
05-13-2008, 08:05 AM
I agree with Pop's comments on this matter: "If you want to be a champ, you need to be able to win on the road". With that in mind, I'll say it's a bit overrated.

DarrinS
05-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Boston doesn't think so.

slowchild25
05-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Home teams in second round 15-1.

DBryant88
05-13-2008, 09:10 AM
All wins are important wheter home or road They ALL MATTER

2Cleva
05-13-2008, 09:13 AM
All wins matter. Duh.

But HCA is obviously an edge. Yes, a team needs to play their best ball anywhere but the proof is in the pudding with playoff success tied to home court.

Anyone suggesting different is blowing smoke.

Reggie Miller
05-13-2008, 09:26 AM
HCA is a combination of a lot of factors. Just knowing where the dead spots are in the floor is a huge advantage in some arenas. Some fan bases are just ruthless, obnoxious, and deliberately inflammatory. Back in the day, Market Square Arena fans were just terrible (worse than Salt Lake City). As a visitor in the playoffs, there were certain sections you needed to tune out/ignore.

HCA is not as important for or against the Spurs historically, and I presume that the team's experience does play a factor in this.

JamStone
05-13-2008, 09:38 AM
I mean playoffs in general..
Spurs have shown from past years that HCA does not bother them as much as other teams.

Have they?

In the four championship playoff runs, the Spurs had HCA in 14 out of the 16 playoff series. The only team they've beaten without HCA has been the Phoenix Suns, twice. The Spurs obviously won road games, but having HCA and the first two home games of a series plays a factor in putting the opposing team in a hole.

Cry Havoc
05-13-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm a Lakers fan, so I feel that point differential is what counts, not wins and losses.

You're tied. It's 2-2. So shut the fuck up. I can't believe you're talking smack after LOSING TWO IN A ROW. The Utah team that just whipped you twice is very nearly the exact same team that the Spurs annihilated last year in the playoffs. Keep talking shit though. It's hilarious.