PDA

View Full Version : Odds on game 5

phyzik
05-13-2008, 11:51 AM
odds makers at Bookmaker.com currently have The Hornets listed as 3½-point favorites versus the Spurs, while the game's total is currently sitting at 186½.

I like those odds for the Spurs. At least its not 7 or higher.

BRHornet45
05-13-2008, 12:34 PM
son ... the odds mean nothing. leave all the voodoo to us.

thispego
05-13-2008, 12:51 PM
where can i place a bet online?

SAGambler
05-13-2008, 01:31 PM
They get the 3 1/2 for Home Court. So, basically the oddsmakers are saying it's a toss up.

rascal
05-13-2008, 01:36 PM
They get the 3 1/2 for Home Court. So, basically the oddsmakers are saying it's a toss up.

No, the oddsmakers are not saying its a toss up. The Hornets are favored.

? They are not playing on a neutral court.

dbreiden83080
05-13-2008, 02:05 PM
son ... the odds mean nothing. leave all the voodoo to us.

You planning on setting your court on fire again.

BRHornet45
05-13-2008, 02:11 PM
You planning on setting your court on fire again.

yes and Bowen is in trouble. I have a voodoo doll with his name on it. that big dumb bitch Bowen

dbreiden83080
05-13-2008, 02:12 PM
yes and Bowen is in trouble. I have a voodoo doll with his name on it. that big dumb bitch Bowen

If Bowen is a bitch what does that make Peja???

BRHornet45
05-13-2008, 02:22 PM
If Bowen is a bitch what does that make Peja???

jesus

DazedAndConfused
05-13-2008, 02:25 PM
I gotta say Hornets fans are some of the most entertaining I've seen in awhile.

Indazone
05-13-2008, 02:27 PM
The series is now officially over. Tim Duncan isn't sick anymore. Look for major ownage of the Hornets from here on out.

hater
05-13-2008, 02:27 PM

do you also have a Peja voodoo doll bent over in front of Bowen?

G-Nob
05-13-2008, 02:42 PM
SA Gambler is right. Oddsmakers automatically factor in 3pts for the home team. Part of the formula.

Sorry, bra.

Phil Hellmuth
05-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Line has jumped to 4.5 point favorites at heavy juice.

duncan228
05-13-2008, 06:15 PM
I accidently put this in the vBookie thread. I thought you guys might find it interesting.

http://www.point-spreads.com/basketb...s-hornets.html

NBA Playoff Prediction: San Antonio Spurs vs New Orleans Hornets
by Scott Burgess

The San Antonio Spurs need to win at least one game in the Big Easy if they want a chance at beating the Hornets. But it might not be that easy as the Hornets are 35-11 SU on home court. The best of seven series is tied 2-2. Oddsmakers at SBGglobal.com like the Hornets as 4-point favorites over the Spurs with the over/under set at 186 ½.

The Spurs tied up their Western Conference Semi-finals with two straight dominating home wins. They recently beat the Hornets 100-80, thanks to a stepped up game from Tim Duncan. He had 22pts, 3 assists and 15 rebounds. Frenchie, Tony Parker, was big with 21pts, and Ime Udoka and Michael Finely were huge off the bench with a combined 27pts. The biggest difference from their other games against the Hornets was their field goal shooting, they made 39 of 76 for 51%. Duncan continually caught passes close to the basket, where he was able to turn quickly and drop in shots off the glass. For a team that’s stacked with shooters and play makers this is a must. Take more shots and more will go down. Popovich's major adjustment in this series came in Game 3 in San Antonio. He inserted Manu Ginobili into the starting lineup in place of Michael Finley, and had Bruce Bowen change defensive assignments from Paul to Stojakovic. In turn Parker guarded Paul. The Spurs are averaging 93 PPG in their last five and on the road they average 92 PPG. The Spurs are 1-3 SU on the road in the playoffs.

The Hornets rock at home, they are 5-0 SU at home in the playoffs where they’ve averaged 106 PPG.They blew away their visitors by more than 10pts in all but one game against Dallas. Coming into the playoffs they went 9-1 SU on home court. Top producer Chris Paul is averaging 25 PPG in the playoffs and David West has been good for 20 PPG. But offense isn’t their main worry right now. Coach Byron Scott stated "We've got to understand defense is what got us to this particular point," Scott said. "We've got to come out and make sure we put some pressure on them on the defensive end. ... We can't worry about the offense, to be honest with you." He hit the nail on the head. Scott said his players showed a "lack of trust" in the defensive game plan Sunday night, sometimes scrambling to the perimeter to guard the threat of an outside shot, only to be burned by one of Tony Parker's driving layups or a pass inside to Tim Duncan. The Hornets have averaged 96 PPG in their last five games and at home their good for 102 PPG.

Recent Trends to Consider

Spurs are 3-13 ATS in their last 16 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.
Spurs are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 playoff games as an underdog.
Spurs are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games as a road underdog.
Spurs are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games as an underdog.
Hornets are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games as a home favorite of 0.5-4.5.
Hornets are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 playoff games as a favorite of 0.5-4.5.
Hornets are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games following a SU loss of more than 10 points.
Hornets are 8-0 ATS in their last 8 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
Home team is 5-0 ATS in the last 5 meetings.

Favorite is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings.
GAME: San Antonio Spurs (62-29) at New Orleans Hornets (62-29)
DATE/TIME: Tuesday, May 13 - 9:30 PM EST
LINE: SBGglobal.com TOTAL: 186 ½
PICK: New Orleans -4

The Bottom Line: As much as I want to see the Spurs win in the Big Easy, I think it’s an uphill battle. The Hornets put up point after point at home. The Spurs need a huge night from all of their players.

rascal
05-14-2008, 08:43 AM
SA Gambler is right. Oddsmakers automatically factor in 3pts for the home team. Part of the formula.

Sorry, bra.

Thats because the home teams win more often. So they are the favorites. Its not a toss up game.