PDA

View Full Version : I think I speak for many Spur players when I say....

Smackie Chan
05-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Why do you all wait until round 3 to welcome the Spurs at the airport? Are the Spurs not worthy of fans at the airport after round one and two?

How does it make all the so called hard core fans who claim they love Manu and they want to support the spurs and yet they sit back and wait until they reach the WCF to start going to the airport to greet them?

It's like making breakfast in bed for your lover only when it's payday, very tacky.

It's pathetic and sad, and I hope the Spur players read this topic and know that San Antonio doesn't deserve another ring. (Although I think they knew that already after the second ring)

Duncan
05-13-2008, 02:43 PM
As long as you have been here in San Antonio you of all people should know Spur fans don't like to be exposed has the hypocrites that they are.

That is why I don't get into all that Go Spurs Go bullshit when the playoffs come I rather support them 24/7 not just when they get to round III.

There are maybe 20 real Spur fans here @ ST and 10 of them gave up on the Spurs last month when they lost 4 straight.

Summers
05-13-2008, 02:51 PM
I can only speak for myself, but I live an hour from the airport, have 2 jobs, and 2 kids. I don't stay up past midnight for anything. But I don't think I pass the "real fan" litmus test, so maybe you should ask someone else.

xtremesteven33
05-13-2008, 02:55 PM
you gotta understand man that san antonio went BREZERK in 1999 for our first championship. there were flags, signs, people everywhere when the won the championship. even on thier way there.

u may say "but LA goes crazy every year!". well i think it has a lot to do with the media. san antonio doesnt get a whole lot of mainstream attention, so there is no major hype for the spurs. the Lakers have the medias full supports for every victory they get and the hype is unbelievable for them.

oligarchy
05-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Why do you all wait until round 3 to welcome the Spurs at the airport? Are the Spurs not worthy of fans at the airport after round one and two?

How does it make all the so called hard core fans who claim they love Manu and they want to support the spurs and yet they sit back and wait until they reach the WCF to start going to the airport to greet them?

It's like making breakfast in bed for your lover only when it's payday, very tacky.

It's pathetic and sad, and I hope the Spur players read this topic and know that San Antonio doesn't deserve another ring. (Although I think they knew that already after the second ring)

Luckily, they had you there waiting...

LilMissSPURfect
05-13-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm a die hard and I agree that WE don't make it out to the airport in the early round...for me it's coz dang WE get tired....staying up late & then downtown thing then having to drive back to the airport... then have to b up by 5 am....I can only divide myself in so many ways...... BUT WHEREEVER THEY ARE....in the words of george lopez

" I GOT THIS !!!!! "

GoGatos.
05-13-2008, 03:17 PM
you gotta understand man that san antonio went BREZERK in 1999 for our first championship. there were flags, signs, people everywhere when the won the championship. even on thier way there.

u may say "but LA goes crazy every year!". well i think it has a lot to do with the media. san antonio doesnt get a whole lot of mainstream attention, so there is no major hype for the spurs. the Lakers have the medias full supports for every victory they get and the hype is unbelievable for them.

And those same fans abandoned the Spurs when they got swept by the lakers two years later. I rather give my kidney to a an Iraqi solder than let a Bandwagon Spur fan buy me a beer.

Brutalis
05-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Where is this coming from?

There is no "round 3" just a Conference Finals.

And we are in "round 2" the semi's.

???

dknights411
05-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Why is this even an issue? Not all fanbases are obligated to go out and greet the team at the airport for every playoff game.

xtremesteven33
05-13-2008, 03:25 PM
And those same fans abandoned the Spurs when they got swept by the lakers two years later. I rather give my kidney to a an Iraqi solder than let a Bandwagon Spur fan buy me a beer.

WOW

nkdlunch
05-13-2008, 03:27 PM

hey your latest movie with Jet Li sucked ass. I want my $10 back

Smackie Chan
05-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Luckily, they had you there waiting...

I worked for Raytheon Aircraft Services for 6 years I could see everything from my break room.

Smackie Chan
05-13-2008, 03:29 PM
hey your latest movie with Jet Li sucked ass. I want my $10 back

How about I show you how to use a Torrent next time and we call it even?

TampaDude
05-13-2008, 03:29 PM
I'd love to, but I live in Tampa, so it's a bit far...

Buddy Holly
05-13-2008, 03:36 PM
lol at everyone taking this serious and replying to Mouse.

Man of Steel
05-13-2008, 05:04 PM
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z42/zzzang/mouse.gif

jman3000
05-13-2008, 05:07 PM
the crowds only really come out once the WCF are clinched.

just like the team, the spurs' fan base are veterans and arent built for the regular season/early playoffs.

degenerate_gambler
05-13-2008, 05:19 PM

:lol

THE SIXTH MAN
05-13-2008, 05:39 PM
if they win tonight. when will thier flight arrive?

mouse
05-13-2008, 06:23 PM
A real spur fan would know that already and would be there win or lose.
after the Lakers swept the Spurs in 2001 I was all alone at fatso's bar with 8 laker fans and there was still 4 minutes left on the clock. The only Spur fan I ever met was Chris Duel and he gave up on the Spurs also I have an audio of him saying so.

ClingingMars
05-13-2008, 06:45 PM
lol at everyone taking this serious and replying to Mouse.

ClingingMars
05-13-2008, 06:46 PM
A real spur fan would know that already and would be there win or lose.
after the Lakers swept the Spurs in 2001 I was all alone at fatso's bar with 8 laker fans and there was still 4 minutes left on the clock. The only Spur fan I ever met was Chris Duel and he gave up on the Spurs also I have an audio of him saying so.

link or it didn't happen

- Mars

mouse
05-13-2008, 06:57 PM
link or it didn't happen

- Mars

ST topics only go back as far as 2004.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2&pp=25&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=-1&page=1355

As far as me digging in my attic for some old Game night react Johnny Bottom-line vs mouse smack off on the radio after the sweep and hosting it on a server so you can listen to it, I would need at least an 18 pack of rolling rock to get motivated.

:wakeup

BonnerDynasty
05-13-2008, 07:02 PM

lol

SAGambler
05-13-2008, 07:09 PM

But if any free beers are offered, you'll adopt the "don't ask, don't tell" policy, I assume.

SAGambler
05-13-2008, 07:17 PM
As long as you have been here in San Antonio you of all people should know Spur fans don't like to be exposed has the hypocrites that they are.

That is why I don't get into all that Go Spurs Go bullshit when the playoffs come I rather support them 24/7 not just when they get to round III.

There are maybe 20 real Spur fans here @ ST and 10 of them gave up on the Spurs last month when they lost 4 straight.

Would you please list the qualifications for being a "REAL Spurs fan"?

BonnerDynasty
05-13-2008, 07:29 PM

If you can call out others for not being blind homers and you feel better about yourself because of it.

Second part is VERY important.

You are a real Spurs fan.

Brutalis
05-13-2008, 07:35 PM
http://www.photohome.com/pictures/animal-pictures/wildlife/orangutan-1a.jpg

mouse
05-13-2008, 07:47 PM

Someone who can be upset about a regular season loss w/o talking about trading a Spur player for starters.

Someone who can wait until the playoffs get started before they complain or talk negative about the spurs.

Someone who supports Spur players after they leave San Antonio and not talk about pulling their #6 jersey off the rafters of the AT&T center.

Someone who doesn't wait until the finals to put a Spurs flag on their car.

Someone who reads this topic and agrees with it instead of finding ways to justify being a fair weather part time Spurs fan.

Are you that Someone?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-4/duncan.jpg