PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Fans Trip To San Antonio

CP3-MVP
05-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey guys. Just got back from my trip to San Antonio. Thanks to everyone who recommended places to eat and things to do. You have a beautiful city and the riverwalk is really something special. While the game was obviously a dissapointment the trip was really an enjoyable experience. The 2 guys that were on my right at the game were some of the coolest guys I had ever met and were very nice and hospitable and represneted San Antonio well.

However; here is where I have to rant. Its amazing how many of the fans forgot what happened in games 1 & 2 so easily.

To the [guy] sitting behind me...you have no idea how to play basketball, you dont know the rules of basketball, I dont even think you have ever seen a game before. Take a bath, and do society a great service and never open your mouth again.

The the chick on my left, if you hit me with that clapper thing again I swear to god I will beat the fucking shit out of you.

To the douche that called me a "katrina victim" and told me to "swim home"...fuck you. You have no idea what the fuck you are talking about and it is really easy to talk shit when you are winning. Come down to new orleans with your shit and take it like a man instead of saying it to me with my back turned. You deserve to get your ass kicked.

To the guy who spilled a beer on my jersey and told me to "suck his balls" and "fuck new orleans" You are lucky my friends pushed me away from you and out the door. You deserve to have the shit kicked out of you You are an embarrassment to society and I never did anything nor said anything to you. I am a fan of my team and travelled down to watch them play.

To the entire crowd at the bar on the first level that booed us, flipped us off, and threw drinks and food on us and we exited the arena. Yall are all worthless trash. Seriously. How fucking childish can you be? You give spurs fans everywhere a bad name.

However, to the 2 old black ladies and the middle aged couple that appologized for the people and told us to have a great rest of the time in the city, bought us drinks, and walked with us back to our car... you are what the NBA is all about. You make up for all the of the bad that we encountered. You give Spurs fans a good name. :toast

Your arena is very impressive and very nice. I like the setup and the fanfare was awesome.

Looking forward to a good rest of the series and best of look to both teams.

dknights411
05-13-2008, 06:07 PM
I always made it a point to always welcome opposing fans to the arena whenever I go, but sorry to say, there will be douchbags everywhere you go. I can only imagine what Saints fans have to go through. Shameful.

BonnerDynasty
05-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Sucks you ran into some losers.

People in general are pretty shitty.

SPARKY
05-13-2008, 06:09 PM
To the fat mexican piece of shit sitting behind me...you have no idea how to play basketball, you dont know the rules of basketball, I dont even think you have ever seen a game before. Take a bath, and do society a great service and never open your mouth again.

To the guy who spilled a beer on my jersey and told me to "suck his balls" and "fuck new orleans" You are lucky my friends pushed me away from you and out the door. You deserve to have the shit kicked out of you and deported back to mexico where you belong. You are an embarrassment to society and I never did anything nor said anything to you. I am a fan of my team and travelled down to watch them play

I, for one, am glad you were welcomed to the game so warmly.

SAtown
05-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Sorry you encountered those people. Where were you sitting, btw?

Smirk
05-13-2008, 06:12 PM
No matter what city you go to, there are douche bags.

My city, your city, everyone's city.

ChumpDumper
05-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Good thing you decided to remain classy in your posting. :rolleyes

Regardless of that, sorry about the assholes.

Brutalis
05-13-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm glad overall you had a good time. But each team has bad fans. At this point in the playoffs decked in Hornets gear in the SA territory you asked for it and got it. None of it was, right, but it would have happened anywhere.

As a Hogs fan, I have little sincerity for Louisiana. Experiencing a Hogs game at LSU was 10x worse for me buddy, and I didn't get my hand held to my car. I didn't ask for it out loud, but I asked for it by going to that kind of atmosphere where crazy happens.

Anyways have a good day. :)

CP3-MVP
05-13-2008, 06:14 PM
I, for one, am glad you were welcomed to the game so warmly.

but its what they were. i never said anything nor did anything to either of them and that is how my friends and I were treated.

ill edit it though as to not be insensitive i suppose

DazedAndConfused
05-13-2008, 06:17 PM
There are douchebag fans in every NBA arena. I find it funny when people try to claim their fanbase is more righteous than another.

CP3-MVP
05-13-2008, 06:24 PM
We stayed at the Hawthorne Suites and it was very nice. Very quiet and right on the river. Beautiful at night.

We ate at Mi Tierra and Rio Cantina. Both were very good and the people were awesome.

spurastic
05-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Were you in the group of Hornets fans standing outside the bar area downstairs doing that "ouing" and I think "lets go Hornets" cheering and carrying Peja masks? I walked by you but saw no hornets fans upstairs. At the end of Game 3, a hornets fan sitting behind us kicked his full beer over folks sitting in front of him as he stormed out. insert smilol--program not letting me insert a smiley.

CP3-MVP
05-13-2008, 06:34 PM
No i was up in the second level. I could hear those guys chanting "lets go hornets" before the game though.

We did no cheering going to or leaving our seats. We were just all in gold and teal jerseys so we stood out easy

Darcus
05-13-2008, 06:52 PM
I always made it a point to always welcome opposing fans to the arena whenever I go, but sorry to say, there will be douchbags everywhere you go. I can only imagine what Saints fans have to go through. Shameful.

Chicago during the NFC championship game had to be the worst for the Saints. Throwing batteries and making fun of Katrina victims when the event was still very fresh in our minds.

And this motherfucker who hopefully got the shit kicked out of him:

http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/photos/uncategorized/bearfan.jpg

BlackSwordsMan
05-13-2008, 06:58 PM
damn thats fucked up about the katrina comment

Shelly
05-13-2008, 07:02 PM
I was sitting with a bunch of Hornets fans and no one gave them shit...however, they were all young attractive females. :lol The ones behind us were kinda rowdy because they were constantly drinking, but no one gave them shit or vice-versa. The two in front of me were very nice, chatted with everyone around them, said good-bye and stated it was nice talking to us.

Sorry you had to deal with a bunch of jerks.

SAGambler
05-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Chicago during the NFC championship game had to be the worst for the Saints. Throwing batteries and making fun of Katrina victims when the event was still very fresh in our minds.

You know...There are times when you just have to realize that no matter where in the world you may go, there will always be stupid assholes. Nothing you can do about em. They are what they are, and usually trying to impress their "asshole buddies".

Believe me, most of SA is not this way. You just happen to run into some bad apples.

Buddy Holly
05-13-2008, 07:05 PM
but its what they were. i never said anything nor did anything to either of them and that is how my friends and I were treated.

ill edit it though as to not be insensitive i suppose

You asked the two people what there nationally was? I doubt it. Or whether they were American or Mexican, I doubt it.

ClingingMars
05-13-2008, 07:10 PM

:wow

i wouldn't believe it if i didn't see it

- Mars

JustSpurs
05-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Sorry about the assholes you encountered.
The 9-year-old mentality is everywhere.

spurschick
05-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Normally fans here are cool unless they're provoked, but I guess you ran into some bad apples. Sorry about that. Glad you enjoyed your visit though. Come back anytime. :toast

Avitus1
05-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Sucks that you met people like that but glad you enjoyed the city.

GrandeDavid
05-13-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm glad you had a nice trip and thanks for the comments. :)

GrandeDavid
05-13-2008, 09:41 PM
-

ShoogarBear
05-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Sorry about the assholes, however, I agree with the comment that if you don't want these things to happen you need to make yourself into an attractive female.

Guru of Nothing
05-13-2008, 10:18 PM

hmmmm.... that guy looks familiar. T-Bear?

samikeyp
05-13-2008, 10:19 PM
That sucks man. Every fan base has jerk offs, sorry that you ran into them.

Glad you enjoyed the city though.