PDA

View Full Version : Pulling Out of Iraq

SnakeBoy
05-13-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm curious to hear what Obama supporters think will happen if he is president and pulls the troops out as he says he will. In line with his message, can you only talk about the future and not go on a GW rant.

boutons_
05-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Invading Iraq was a mistake, permanent occupation of Iraq IS a mistake.

dubya removed Saddam(the ONLY good of the illegal invasion), let Iraq solve its own destiny. US is permanently stationed in Koweit/Saudi Arabia if needed.

sorry, BigOil and your Repug whores, neo-cunts, no private ownership of Iraq oil fields for you.

"It's Their Oil"

Yonivore
05-13-2008, 09:13 PM
...can you only talk about the future and not go on a GW rant.
I have him on permanent ignore but, let me guess...boutons couldn't.

SnakeBoy
05-13-2008, 10:31 PM

Nope, just ranting about big oil & calling me a cunt and a whore for asking the question.

Are there any non psychotic Obama people in this forum that might answer?

Nbadan
05-14-2008, 02:13 AM
The Iraqis will be left to solve their own destiny...there will not be any more war or for a period of time, or any less war than there is now, just less weapons and money to kill each other and us with...Al Queda, or radical Islamists will be driven from Iraq since their only reason for acceptance in Iraq, driving the U.S. out, will be eliminated...besides maybe Turkey, there are no predominately secularist Muslim nations in the Middle East, so lets not concern ourselves with how the Iraqis eventually manage to achieve lasting peace and self governance, only that they do not manifest into a military threat to the region....

Dim Tuncan
05-14-2008, 02:22 AM
dude... there are still american servicemen on the DMZ... b. hussein obama is fucking LYING to you when he makes his outlandish withdrawal promises.

not saying that bush showed the greatest prescience by taking us into iraq... but that's not the issue... the issue is b. hussein obama is LYING and thinks he can get away w/it because he is an ELITIST and he THINKS WE'RE STUPID

b. hussein knows we're there for a long long long long time.

Nbadan
05-14-2008, 02:25 AM
there are still american servicemen on the DMZ

...there is also a armistices in Korea not 50 to 100 service men dying per month....

Dim Tuncan
05-14-2008, 02:26 AM
...there is also a armistices in Korea not 50 to 100 service men dying per month....

DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Making his promise all the more unfeasable!

Dan wins the SpursTalk Political Science award!

:lobt2:

Nbadan
05-14-2008, 02:28 AM
Welcome to Sesame street!

Dim Tuncan
05-14-2008, 02:30 AM
Libs are gay
Snorting coke all day
On my way to where the air is sweet

Can you tell me how to get,
How to get to Libtard Street

Dim Tuncan
05-14-2008, 02:42 AM
"It's THERE Oil"

lrn 2 spell n00b k thax bai :lmao:bking

PS its ARE oil not theres :lmao:bking

boutons_
05-14-2008, 03:49 AM
"calling me a cunt and a whore for asking the question."

GFY, I was very clearly addressing not you, but "BigOil and your Repug whores, neo-cunts"

... unless you consider yourself a member of one of those 3 groups.

boutons_
05-14-2008, 03:50 AM
"I have him on permanent ignore"

not very permanent. You've responded to my threads when my thread subject hits too close to home for ya.

Wild Cobra
05-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Invading Iraq was a mistake, permanent occupation of Iraq IS a mistake.

It is not considered an "occupying force" when we are not controlling them. We are doing all we can to place Iraq in the hands of the Iraqi people. We will leave when the time is right, and only leave as many troops as they wish us to. We may or may not have permanent bases over there like we do in Korea, Japan, Germany, Italy, Turkey, etc.

Don Quixote
05-15-2008, 11:08 PM

Really? I have a few people on ignore, too, but boutons?

That gigantic swirling fiery ball of untrammeled feminine anger? He's harmless.

While I have my doubts that in real life they let him around other people, he serves a good yardstick for exactly how loony some of the blogs are out there. Whenever I read something and say to myself, "dang, that's crazy!" I just go to ST, read a few gems by boutons, and all better. It gives me perspective.

So, a big thumbs up to boutons! Take your message all the way to Convention, young man!

Wild Cobra
05-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Well, as far as I know, the war has gone on long enough, all the pussies have left the military. Am I wrong? Nop mopre stop loss, right? Every one in now has reenlisted or joined since 9/11, right?

Why do the pussies still care?

Oh wait... It's those damn elitist liberals that think they must be authorians and tell others what is wright and wrong...

ChumpDumper
05-16-2008, 06:35 PM
all the pussies have left the military.You left awhile ago. ;)

boutons_
05-17-2008, 01:07 AM
"We will leave when the time is right"

Then why has dubya been building an autonmous $1B embassy, a walled city within Bagdad?

Why an AF base that exceeds showcase Langley?

Why 4 huge Army bases?

Just to walk away "when the time is right"?

That's ridiculously vague, essentially a goalpost on roller skates that recedes into the future, a future imagined with the US oilcos owning Iraqi oil fields.

dubya intends that the US stay until the Iraqi oil is depleted

DQ, GFY, little girly bitch.

temujin
05-17-2008, 05:49 PM
"We will leave when the time is right"

Then why has dubya been building an autonmous $1B embassy, a walled city within Bagdad?

Why an AF base that exceeds showcase Langley?

Why 4 huge Army bases?

Just to walk away "when the time is right"?

That's ridiculously vague, essentially a goalpost on roller skates that recedes into the future, a future imagined with the US oilcos owning Iraqi oil fields.

dubya intends that the US stay until the Iraqi oil is depleted

Its' called DEMOCRACY!

You elect people that vigilate over your destiny as a community.

They do let Iraqis vote for the US elections, aren't they?

Four years ago Iraqis just voted for Bush.

spurster
05-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Just as BushCo has backed himself into a corner with his we won't leave unless we "win" rhetoric (meaning staying there for a decade or two, apparently), Obama has also backed himself into a position of pulling the troops out no matter what. Given the election cycle, I would guess 80-90% of the troops will be out of Iraq by October 2010 if Obama becomes president. If things go bad, Obama will make every effort to shift the blame on the Iraqis, who would probably deserve it because they've had several years to get their act together.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-17-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm curious to hear what Obama supporters think will happen if he is president and pulls the troops out as he says he will. In line with his message, can you only talk about the future and not go on a GW rant.

It's time for us to pull out, and this is coming from someone who supported us going in to get rid of that POS Hussein.

The only reason we are staying is to prevent civil war breaking out, but the fact is whether we leave today, tomorrow, two months, two years, or 20 years from now, the day after we leave all hell is going to break loose.

May as well get it over with, it's costing us too much to stay over there and troops are getting killed trying to prevent something that is going to happen the day after we leave any way.

Yeah it sucks and some of that blood's going to be on our hands, but it's going to be on it anyway.

History's going to show al-Sadr as a modern day Iraqi version of George Washington of sorts, a patriot for his country essentially. He's a strong enough leader to get shit under control over there if we leave and give him the opportunity.

boutons_
05-17-2008, 10:03 PM
"Nop mopre stop loss, right?"

Wrong. You could look it up. I've found that there have been 50K - 60K who have been stop-loss-ed, with 10K - 15K at any one time.

The Army continues to lower the recruitment requirements to dredge the bottom of the barrel, since pro-war bubbas/red-staters/conservatives refuse to fight the Iraq-war-for oil they love.

"Lt. Gen. James Thurman, Pentagon deputy chief of staff for operations, said Monday he hoped the Army could put a stop to mandatory extensions by fall 2009."

:lol "mandatory extensions"

Change the name to something euphemistically bureaucratic.
Stop-loss is so much more punchy and to the point.

Wild Cobra
05-18-2008, 12:07 AM
"Nop mopre stop loss, right?"

Wrong. You could look it up. I've found that there have been 50K - 60K who have been stop-loss-ed, with 10K - 15K at any one time.

Well, I didn't look it up so maybe I'm wrong, but you are seriously stoned if you think I'm going to take your word.

OK, I did some research. When the timeframe changed, I don't know, but it is now eight years of commitment rather than six like it used to be. When that changed, I don't know, but it was during.....

Drumroll please.....

President Clinton's administration that the military commitment changed from six to eight years!

The Army continues to lower the recruitment requirements to dredge the bottom of the barrel, since pro-war bubbas/red-staters/conservatives refuse to fight the Iraq-war-for oil they love.

My God man. Why can you not maintain any respect for the truth. Yes. Standards are lowered. They are still very far from the bottom of the barrel. I'll bet you still cannot get in if you wanted.

"Lt. Gen. James Thurman, Pentagon deputy chief of staff for operations, said Monday he hoped the Army could put a stop to mandatory extensions by fall 2009."

:lol "mandatory extensions"

So?

That's funny, you know, in a way. Not how you think... Since the commitment in the contract is eight years, september 11, 2009 is eight years! There is an additional prevision to keep people in the contract until six months after the war is finished, but that is unlikely. Most the people under stop loss are those who are not allowed to leave after their 2, 3, or 4 year active cycle is up. The contract is for eight years!

Change the name to something euphistically bureaucratic.
Stop-loss is so much more punchy and to the point.

Well, I don't care what you call it. It's in the contract:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/boutonsenlistment.jpg (http://www.rethinkingschools.org/archive/19_03/military_enlistment.pdf)

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-18-2008, 10:50 AM
I hate America and everything it stands for. Allah Ahkbar.

boutons_
05-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Aggie, always putting words in my mouth, rather than respond to the message.

GFY, you ignorant, dubya-sucking, bitch-slapped bubba.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Aggie, always putting words in my mouth, rather than respond to the message.

GFY, you ignorant, dubya-sucking, bitch-slapped bubba.

Just curious, did you even bother to read what I wrote earlier in this thread, or did you just see a response and go copy and paste a comment from democrapticunderground again?

What message is it that I didn't respond to? I said we need to get our troops out of there. It's pretty clear from your time on this forum that you hate America and everything it stands for. We get that.

W. sucking? Hardly. I've been critical of him for a while now, but you're too busy copy and pasting bullshit from around the internet to notice.

xrayzebra
05-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Pulling out of Iraq is like.......well you know.....pulling out before you
are finished with.....well you know.....not very satisfying.

PlayoffEx-static
05-18-2008, 05:12 PM

We'll take your word for it.:lol

spurster
05-18-2008, 07:20 PM

Must be channelling Cheney.