PDA

View Full Version : Lakers in 2002

ATXSPUR
05-13-2008, 11:30 PM
We will really see if the Spurs want this repeat or not.

In 2002 the Lakers 3 peat seemed to be fading away as they found themselves in the exact same position we are in now. But they sucked it up and they pulled off two straight...that was the signature series that cemented their dynasty. Can we make this our signature series? We'll see. But Duncan will have to show up and Pop will have to get his head out of his ass. :flag:

BTW Good luck to Detroit! If we don't get it I hope you guys do! You and the Jazz are the only teams I respect that are left.

lefty
05-13-2008, 11:31 PM
I agree

See you in the WCF boys ! :flag::flag:

Banzai
05-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Don't worry your team knows the situation..good luck in game 6

The_Worlds_finest
05-13-2008, 11:58 PM
A RESPECTABLE LAKER FAN? OR just A FAN of big shot for being the man that drilled the BEST SHOT IN NBA HISTORY!

dbreiden83080
05-14-2008, 12:00 AM
I was thinking about that today. What a series that was maybe the best one i ever saw. Lakers looked done but they fought through it and won 6 and 7. 7 was an overtime game i think. Spurs can still do this.

MI21
05-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Game 7 was an amazing game that year. Bibby never really carried on from that series like I figured he would.

But I'm not sure the Lakers deserved to even make it that far. Google that game and you will find out that it was probably the worst refereed game in recent memory. Not sure the Spurs will get that luxury in their game 6.

ATXSPUR
05-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Game 7 was an amazing game that year. Bibby never really carried on from that series like I figured he would.

But I'm not sure the Lakers deserved to even make it that far. Google that game and you will find out that it was probably the worst refereed game in recent memory. Not sure the Spurs will get that luxury in their game 6.

I was surprised by the way Bibby just sort of faded away after that series myself. I thought for sure I would be hearing his name a lot in future playoffs after that.

And yea I remember Kobe got away with a clear elbow to bibby's nose on an inbouds pass late in the game. Busted his nose and everything. The league wanted the lakers to pull that out...in the case of the Spurs it's the opposite. Stern is licking his chops for the Spurs to get eliminated now.

But still credit to the Lakers they got it done...we need to suck it up and get these next two.

Capt Bringdown
05-14-2008, 01:26 AM
Did the Lakers win game on the road?

pooh
05-14-2008, 01:33 AM
Did the Lakers win game on the road?

(1) Sacramento Kings vs. (3) Los Angeles Lakers

The Lakers and Kings split the first two games in Sacramento. The Kings went to Los Angeles and won game three to take a 2-1 series lead. In game four, the Kings built a 24-point lead in the second quarter, but the Lakers came back to be down by 12 at halftime and six after three quarters. The two teams continued to fight it out. A missed free throw by Vlade Divac gave the Lakers a chance to win the game, down 99-97. Kobe Bryant drove the ball to the hoop and missed a running jumper. Shaquille O'Neal got the rebound and missed a layup and Divac intended to knock the ball to a teammate, but instead wound up going to a wide open Robert Horry who drilled a three-pointer as time ran out and gave the Lakers an improbable game four win, which tied the series 2-2. In game five, Sacramento trailed almost the entire fourth quarter and was down 91-90 late in the 4th quarter, but a jump shot by Mike Bibby off a screen with 8.2 seconds left gave the team the lead and was the eventual game winner in a 92-91 win. In Game 6, O'Neal scored 41 points and 17 rebounds in the Lakers' narrow victory, setting the stage for game seven in Sacramento, with the winner advancing to the NBA Finals. The game had been close throughout, but two free-throws made by Bibby tied the score 100-100 and forced the game into overtime. The Kings could not hold on, and eventually lost the game and the series to the Lakers.