PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Back Into Town, That was Amazing! (and some thoughts)

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-23-2005, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I'm two days late, who cares?

That might have been the most amazing game I've ever seen. I hope ESPN puts that on ESPN Classic next week, because it deserves to be.

Multiple players going off at multiple times, the deul (aka Marion vs. Manu), the drama of the ripped net changing the momentum.

The comeback in the fourth, with Manu and Brent freakin' Barry droppin' the three like it's going out of style.

The coaches using what had to be only 2-3 timeouts down the last 4-5 minutes of the game, and letting the players decide it on the court.

Manu's sick crossover on Joe Johnson and dunk on Marion, two handed no less!

Wow, who else was left catching their breath after that one?

---------------

And now for some thoughts... Rasho's injury looked real bad, glad it wasn't a break, we need him.

Barry doing what we signed him for, all you haters can suck it.

Tim actually made some FTs down the stretch. That's when I knew we'd win. :drunk

And finally, props to two of my biggest targets: Rose and Pop.

Rose did a good job filling in for Rasho after he went out, that looked like the old Malik I used to enjoy seeing - just hustlin', battlin' for boards, and playing garbage ball.

And to Pop... thanks for realizing two things: one, that Manu was going nuclear and for riding him instead of forcing it inside. I was impressed that we went small ball in the fourth and let the guys let it fly ('course being down 17 helps that).

Second, you realized it'd be a shootout and gave Brent Barry 35 minutes (yes, THIRTY FIVE minutes), and he gave you one of his best outings of the year, including doing that whole clutch three point shooting thing in the last minute of regulation and OT.

That was probably one of the best shootouts in the last 15 years of the league, both for individual performances as well as drama and playoff implications. The only way it could have been better was if Rasho didn't get hurt, and if it was being played in the NBA Finals.

xcoriate
01-23-2005, 07:32 PM
Perfectly sums up my points on the game, couldn't agree more.