PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired of Pop waving the white flag

ggf33
05-13-2008, 11:32 PM
What kind of coaching is that? just because you're disgusted doesn't mean you have to put the team to shame why don't you make adjustments.. you COWARD!

BonnerDynasty
05-13-2008, 11:33 PM
That lineup he put in was uncalled for.

SAtown
05-13-2008, 11:33 PM
It's worked out pretty well in the past, hasn't it?

jag
05-13-2008, 11:35 PM
What kind of coaching is that? just because you're disgusted doesn't mean you have to put the team to shame why don't you make adjustments.. you COWARD!

Waving the white flag?? like putting in bench players with 3 minutes left and down by 17?? that's waving the white flag?

We still have another game to play...no need to keep running up the minutes

ggf33
05-13-2008, 11:37 PM

This team needs courage not a foot in the mouth by Pop. hes pissing me off especially when Tyson left and he bought back Duncan.. it seems like hes giving up...

Budkin
05-13-2008, 11:39 PM
I understand why he does it... since the chances are high that the Hornets are going to win anyway, he allows them to run up the score so they become overconfident in the next game.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-13-2008, 11:39 PM
That lineup was horrible. How as Manu supposed to work with that?? Put Duncan in as a decoy at LEAST

FUCK!

ggf33
05-13-2008, 11:47 PM
I understand why he does it... since the chances are high that the Hornets are going to win anyway, he allows them to run up the score so they become overconfident in the next game.

With the season on the line maybe he should realize no fucking team gets overconfident. Pop is killing this team maybe his coaching magic is done.

G-Nob
05-13-2008, 11:50 PM
He needed to make a change. Better to change things up then continue to get killed with the same guys in there.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-13-2008, 11:53 PM
Dudes... the game was over when he did that. He knew the starters just couldn't make it happen anymore.

It was game over with 3 minutes in the 3rd... they didn't get some shots to fall and melted down. The same thing happened in games 1 and 2. And I don't want to start calling names out but some players just have a problem performing on the road.

Jayem
05-13-2008, 11:54 PM
its because our team is made up of a bunch of old farts who can't handle many mintues. WE NEED TO GET YOUNGER

Septic
05-14-2008, 12:03 AM
No it hasn't, he's always pulled some questionable line ups, it's the talent on the Spurs that pulls it out, SO JUST STFU ALREADY

SenorSpur
05-14-2008, 03:04 AM
What the fuck kind of lineup was that he trotted onto the court to start the 4th quarter? I mean Finley on Chandler? You've gotta be kidding me?

SnakeBoy
05-14-2008, 03:16 AM
its because our team is made up of a bunch of old farts who can't handle many mintues. WE NEED TO GET YOUNGER

We'll be alot younger next year but yeah that's the problem right now. I'm ok with them keeping the group together and giving them another shot but that's been the problem all year that there isn't a role player who can consistently make the other team pay for doubling or tripling. I still think they'll get it done though.

The good news is they have a nice chunk of change to spend this summer.

Manufan909
05-14-2008, 03:17 AM
I was fucking yelling at Pop to put in Tim or Tony. Not only was one of the Big Three in, but everyone not named Fab was under 6'9" and over 31 years old. That was a small ass fucking lineup, it was like Pop gave up at the end of the third. If and when there's a Game 7, we need to be up by at least ten or twelve at the half so when they go on their inevitable 11-28 run, the Spurs are only down by like six, instead of double digits like every game in NO has been. And at least 1 or 2 of the 2 guards need to be gone next year, hopefully Barry and/or Finley. We know who will replace Horry and Bonner/Fab/KT, but I haven't heard of any young guards that the Spurs are courting yet. Are there any?

SenorSpur
05-14-2008, 03:41 AM
Also, this team made a big deal out of courting Barry to come back and play here. Yet Pop doesn't use the guy enough - especially when Finley struggles.

I'm tired of seeing how this 2008 version only plays when they have too and how it routinely collapses in the 3rd quarter. Pop doesn't have much to choose from in terms of production bench players that can pose a threat to the opposition.

I can't wait for this team to get younger too. I'm excited about the 2 new bigs coming next year (Ian and Tiago). I simply want to see a younger backup PG and SF. I also hope they will give DeMarr a fair shot at being a rotation player next year, too.

Darcus
05-14-2008, 04:09 AM
When a game is obviously unwinnable, you take the starters out and put in your bench players. This makes sure your starting players don't get injured and lets your bench players see game time. It's not surrendering, it's smart coaching. When Pop pulled the starters, it was already over. Scott did the same thing with the Hornets in San Antonio.

Obstructed_View
05-14-2008, 07:39 AM
The Spurs were down by 8 with 4:56 to go, with Duncan, Ginobili and Parker in the game. They scored zero points, bricked free throws, couldn't secure rebounds and had stupid defensive lapses until two minutes to go, when Pop put in the subs, who actually scored a basket before the end of the game.

Josepatches
05-14-2008, 07:40 AM
What the fuck kind of lineup was that he trotted onto the court to start the 4th quarter? I mean Finley on Chandler? You've gotta be kidding me?

It's amazing Oberto was the tallest player of the lineup.Even CP3 was able to steal an offensive rebound.TD is the only man that can take a fucking rebound so please ..you can put that small lineup without TD.It's really stupid!!

ballhog
05-14-2008, 07:55 AM
Bad lineup. I'm sure Pop just said "fuck it". I'm not getting any calls anyway and nothing is going in. Why waste the time?

maison bleu
05-14-2008, 08:34 AM

I was thinking that too.

MoSpur
05-14-2008, 08:42 AM
I didn't understand why Bowen was on the bench in the 4th. Not when it was clear it was over. Before that.

SAGambler
05-14-2008, 08:46 AM
With the season on the line maybe he should realize no fucking team gets overconfident. Pop is killing this team maybe his coaching magic is done.

No, the players are killing themselves.

Especially when Duncan starts throwing the ball at the hoop, and then begging for a foul.

BigBeezie
05-14-2008, 08:48 AM
I guess what Pop and RC said about home court in the playoffs not being important this year, is all back firing on them now... I guess they SHOULD have tried to win the west. What a bunch of fools!!!