PDA

View Full Version : This team sucks . . .

timvp
05-14-2008, 12:51 AM
. . . when they don't play with desperation. Unless this year's version of the Spurs comes out and the Big Three are playing like their life rides on each possession, this team is horrible. I've never seen a Tim Duncan Era team quite like it. In past years, the Spurs could at least stay in the ballgame before trying to turn it on in the fourth. This year, it's balls to the wall for 48 minutes or they don't have a chance.

After Game 4, I think the Spurs took their foot of the gas. The Spurs (and about 95% of their fans :rolleyes) thought the series was over. I've never seen a 2-2 series without homecourt advantage be declared over for the road team like this series was. It was mind-boggling and instead of realizing the series had just begun at Game 4, we got this:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080512/capt.265a05e472c543319529a57e7c471ada.hornets_spur s_basketball_txms112.jpg

We'll see if the Spurs can now dodge two bullets. At least we know they'll play desperate ... but like 2006, you can't always escape the hole you dig for yourself.

:pctoss

T Park
05-14-2008, 12:52 AM
I figured it was over, because I thought they adjustments they had made, along with them discovering how to attack agressively would carry over into game 5.

Brutalis
No

Believe.

?

pooh
have ya seen the light?

Kori Ellis
05-14-2008, 12:53 AM
have ya seen the light?

Did you read the thread?

Budkin
Eh, I'm not that worried. I still feel very confident we'll win in 7, and if we can't pull it out, then we reload and try again next year. I'll always Believe.

T Park
If only you had kept Bob Hill!!!! Sorry, I have to go back to seeing who will be at picks 5 through 10 and make my mom a mayo and cheese sandwich.

timvp
I figured it was over, because I thought they adjustments they had made, along with them discovering how to attack agressively would carry over into game 5.Tim Duncan, is that you?

Princess Pimp
05-14-2008, 12:54 AM
Does anyone have the clip from Game 4 where Duncan is throwing kisses at the end?

T Park
05-14-2008, 12:54 AM
Tim Duncan, is that you?

I should clarify I apologize.

I figured Duncan and the rest would stay aggressive as they were in games 3 and 4, and the defense would stay as aggressive as well.

pooh
05-14-2008, 12:55 AM
Did you read the thread?

Yes

SpursDynasty
05-14-2008, 12:55 AM
. . . when they don't play with desperation. Unless this year's version of the Spurs comes out and the Big Three are playing like their life rides on each possession, this team is horrible. I've never seen a Tim Duncan Era team quite like it. In past years, the Spurs could at least stay in the ballgame before trying to turn it on in the fourth. This year, it's balls to the wall for 48 minutes or they don't have a chance.

After Game 4, I think the Spurs took their foot of the gas. The Spurs (and about 95% of their fans :rolleyes) thought the series was over. I've never seen a 2-2 series without homecourt advantage be declared over for the road team like this series was. It was mind-boggling and instead of realizing the series had just begun at Game 4, we got this:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080512/capt.265a05e472c543319529a57e7c471ada.hornets_spur s_basketball_txms112.jpg

We'll see if the Spurs can now dodge two bullets. At least we know they'll play desperate ... but like 2006, you can't always escape the hole you dig for yourself.

Players laugh together like that on the bench all the time. Even losses.

DespЏrado
05-14-2008, 12:57 AM
Spurs can fight through it. They just gotta show up for all 48. And I'm sick of them pussy footing around with this way too young team. And I am sick and tired of the Spurs not being consistent enough to bring it all to the table for 3 straight games.

But the Spurs have a hell of an opportunity to show their mettle. Game 6 and then game 7.

5 will not die.

BonnerDynasty
05-14-2008, 12:57 AM
I just drove up and down 1604 for 1 hour I am so down :(

Princess Pimp
05-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Just die

MannyIsGod
05-14-2008, 12:59 AM
You gotta give NO some credit too. They came out with a ton of energy on the defensive end of the floor and found a way to limit the penetration from the backcourt.

T Park
I just drove up and down 1604 for 1 hour I am so down :(

I'm impressed it only took you an hour to drive 1604.

Its a basketball game, don't let it affect your mood.

timvp
I should clarify I apologize.You shouldn't apologize. Duncan should. He no longer has four or five teammates who can carry the offensive load if he struggles for a quarter. He has two. And those two can't beat another team when it turns into 2-on-5.

T Park
05-14-2008, 01:01 AM
You shouldn't apologize. Duncan should. He no longer has four or five teammates who can carry the offensive load if he struggles for a quarter. He has two. And those two can't beat another team when it turns into 2-on-5.

Well who were the other three last year?

How the hell did they win that damn Finals?

Duncan was shit in games 3 and 4 and they won.

I dunno. Im too tired to rehash shit i guess. Sorry for taking up bandwidth.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-14-2008, 01:01 AM
The 2006 Squad had pride and heart.

For the 2008 team it remains to be seen... hopefully the get serious the next game.
All these were winnable games, and blown opportunities. ALL of them. Spurs should treat the Hornets like the Pistons, maybe they don't respect them, because I remember 2005 they understood, that the team that made the least mistakes won the game. Same went with the Mavs.

This year they've been making too many PREVENTABLE mistakes it's nervewracking!

Budkin
05-14-2008, 01:03 AM
Just die

Going to control panel to set you on ignore now. Those seconds of reading your worthless trolling add up you know.

sabar
05-14-2008, 01:03 AM
You could tell this team was not as... talented back in January. Well, not talent. Motivation? It's hard to say, but when we lose, we lose badly. All year we have bombed first and third quarters. We played "catch up" in so many games. You know, where we are down by 9 or 10 because we came out slow and had to fight for our lives to get back. The difference now is that N.O. is putting us back down by 20, and we just have trouble finding steam to pull off a huge run like 22-5 or something.

The lesson is obvious, dont get blown out in the first or third quarter because this team doesnt have the stamina to play catchup like that. When we play desperate or motivated we dont get down by so much and we look like a great team.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-14-2008, 01:05 AM
The tale of two teams.

gobo
05-14-2008, 01:06 AM
what is it with the road game that make the spurs play that bad? what really is their problem?

stepmonkey
05-14-2008, 01:07 AM
I'll always Believe.

:tu

Budkin
05-14-2008, 01:08 AM
This pic on the front page of mysa.com perfectly sums up Timmy's game tonight:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/images/cover/0514spurs_duncan190_bms.jpg

Supreme_Being
05-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Win or lose, Spurs fan for life.

dbreiden83080
05-14-2008, 01:11 AM
Tim Duncan, is that you?

The Duncan bashing on this board is over the top, it really is.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-14-2008, 01:14 AM
He has 2 games to redeem himself... I still wouldn't bet against Tim Duncan

dbreiden83080
05-14-2008, 01:16 AM
He has 2 games to redeem himself... I still wouldn't bet against Tim Duncan

And Manu has 2 games also, where the fuck was he????

jag
05-14-2008, 01:19 AM
The Duncan bashing on this board is over the top, it really is.

He's played terrible, he really has...and what makes it worse is that he's not doing what he's done so often in the past, and that's make his teammates better. He's playing with zero intensity.

And Manu has 2 games also, where the fuck was he????

agreed. I feel that Tony is the only one on this team who's given 100% every time out.

mouse
05-14-2008, 01:25 AM

Of all the posters and Spur fans i have ever incountered you of all people was the last i would everrrrr suspect as a bitter uneducated fan.

You really think the Spurs are that bad? Did it ever occur to your iTunes Rap music downloading ass that Pop and the team already have the Hornets figured out? After they smoke them in game 6 they will lay down the hammer in game seven they will shut down the Hornets and give the WCF fans a taste of what is ahead.

And when the 2008 San Antonio Spurs hold up that NBA Championship trophy I do not want to know that your your Debbie downer,fire Pop!, fair weather, bandwagon, kool-aid drinking,topic locking ass is in the same city as I am, you don't deserve to live in San Antonio. And your the reason I became a member of this site what does that say about me?

Tiro
05-14-2008, 01:28 AM
can't we have big 3 play well in four games?
game 1\2\5 all blowout.

we need desperate fear in mind, not desperation.

dbreiden83080
05-14-2008, 01:32 AM
He's playing with zero intensity.

Bullshit, he is missing shots he can make. If he hits those shots he is all world, he misses them and he sucks, some of you guys just need to get off Duncan a little here.

timvp
05-14-2008, 01:33 AM
Of all the posters and Spur fans i have ever incountered you of all people was the last i would everrrrr suspect as a bitter uneducated fan.

You really think the Spurs are that bad? Did it ever occur to your iTunes Rap music downloading ass that Pop and the team already have the Hornets figured out? After they smoke them in game 6 they will lay down the hammer in game seven they will shut down the Hornets and give the WCF fans a taste of what is ahead.

And when the 2008 San Antonio Spurs hold up that NBA Championship trophy I do not want to know that your your Debbie downer,fire Pop!, fair weather, bandwagon, kool-aid drinking,topic locking ass is in the same city as I am, you don't deserve to live in San Antonio. And your the reason I became a member of this site what does that say about me?:lmao

Classic mouse. Thanks :tu

gobo
05-14-2008, 01:34 AM
how does this small and somewhat slow PF named West kill the spurs like that?

Solid D
05-14-2008, 01:38 AM
Tim was very soft offensively tonight and TP wore down and played Steve Nash-like defense in the 3rd. Gino, Fin and Barry had no outside shooting touch in the 2nd half. Several of those shots were wide open shots.

This series reminds me of the Spurs and Trailblazers in the 1990 Playoffs. The Spurs never lost at home and the Blazers never lost at home. The Spurs/Hornets series could be a repeat of that series except that the Spurs vigorously competed and shot fairly well in Games 5, 6 and 7...with the last 2 losses in Portland requiring OT.

MemphisSpursFan
05-14-2008, 01:42 AM
I don't think TD gives a shit any more. He's making his moey regardless of his performance, He has no pride!!!!!

MemphisSpursFan
05-14-2008, 01:43 AM
TD/Pop are retired on the job!!!!

mouse
05-14-2008, 01:44 AM
I figured it was over, because I thought they adjustments they had made, along with them discovering how to attack agressively would carry over into game 5.

On a side note: Tpark you should be enough of a man to tell LJ he is wrong for pulling a Tpark with the series only 3-2 ,you need to back off and stop glazing his nut sac with your ass kissing forked tung and tell it like it is. Anyone else makes this topic and your telling them to "get fucked loser!"

Come on Tpark your bigger than that.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/tpark-head.gif

dbreiden83080
05-14-2008, 01:46 AM
I don't think TD gives a shit any more. He's making his moey regardless of his performance, He has no pride!!!!!

He gave up 11 mil in his new contract. Winning is everything to Duncan. 23 reb but he sucked tonight yeah bullshit. :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
05-14-2008, 01:46 AM
On a side note: Tpark you should be enough of a man to tell LJ he is wrong for pulling a Tpark with the series only 3-2 ,you need to back off and stop glazing his nut sac with your ass kissing forked tung and tell it like it is. Anyone else makes this topic and your telling them to "get fucked loser!"

:lol
LJ isn't saying the Spurs suck and are going to lose. He's just saying the Spurs suck when they aren't under pressure ... which now that they are in a "must-win" situation, I guess that means they won't suck.

And by the way, this is one of the funniest posts you have written in a while:

You really think the Spurs are that bad? Did it ever occur to your iTunes Rap music downloading ass :lol that Pop and the team already have the Hornets figured out? After they smoke them in game 6 they will lay down the hammer in game seven they will shut down the Hornets and give the WCF fans a taste of what is ahead.

And when the 2008 San Antonio Spurs hold up that NBA Championship trophy I do not want to know that your your Debbie downer,fire Pop!, fair weather, bandwagon, kool-aid drinking,topic locking ass :lol is in the same city as I am, you don't deserve to live in San Antonio. And your the reason I became a member of this site what does that say about me?

Solid D
05-14-2008, 01:47 AM
Hey, this bandwagon is getting lighter and faster.

mikekim
05-14-2008, 01:48 AM
Honestly, I just want them to play. Just fuckin' lay it all on the line, play with 100% heart, all in the typical, unshakeable execution of the Spurs we know and love.

If the shots don't fall, if the Hornets match us and make more plays, so be it. But c'mon...just play some fuckin' Spurs basketball these last TWO games.

And I BELIEVE they'll do exactly that.

mouse
05-14-2008, 01:48 AM
Maybe LJ is the real enemy?......................

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/LJ-terror.jpg

mouse
05-14-2008, 01:53 AM
If Kori wants some hard greasy sex tonight she should wear a Hornet G string to bed!

I am sure LJ wanted the Hornets to take a vicious pounding tonight, now he has that chance! :tu

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/LJ-Ala.jpg

sprrs
05-14-2008, 01:53 AM
The Spurs are playing very much like the recent Pistons teams....like they can win while playing at 50%...and it's frustrating as hell.

Solid D
05-14-2008, 01:55 AM
Maybe LJ is the real enemy?......................

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/LJ-terror.jpg

:lol LJ = Lurking Jihad

mouse
05-14-2008, 02:05 AM
LJ take Hold of the Flame!

3AQM-KdepuM

polandprzem
05-14-2008, 02:05 AM
Well right on a money with that statment.
It got worse and worse - in the third quarter Tony stopped doing what he was suppose to do, and it have something ith NO's D but the aggresivnes wasn't there.

And damn you spurs fans who thought the spurs won the series already. I haven't seen that kind of cockiness in a looong time. Hooligan showed the stats where he gave Spurs not much chance - many of spurs fans were laughing.

And that 4-down was the stupidest idea of all, that killed the movenment of the ball and players, then they were hesitating and it was bullshit not an offense.
Fricking stagnant offense once again. The gotdamnit '90s inide-outside tactic won't work.
Tim was horrible, no one was rebounding the ball and Pop made some fricking mistakes.

Damn Pop with 23-19 at the end of quarter Pop decided he will put Ely on the FT line - 2 pts Hornets. Spurs blew the offensive possesion - go figure :rolleyes Then he took a nice conversation with Joey and asked him if he could put one Hornet at the FT line. Joey a nice guy did just that as he likes to help people.

Then in presser Pop have no fricking idea why Hornets went on a run and he gave credit to their D. Well damn yea, when the spurs not giving it all and not moving the ball they are lost. They are WAY too predictable! They always had to play through it (esp. this season).

I was pissed the last game cause they won 2 games and could not win on the road.
Now I am totally devastated.
Scott seems to be a great team leader. So frickin what he is not on the floor?!

timvp
05-14-2008, 02:08 AM
If Kori wants some hard greasy sex tonight she should wear a Hornet G string to bed!

I am sure LJ wanted the Hornets to take a vicious pounding tonight, now he has that chance! :tu

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/LJ-Ala.jpgmouse, you should animate that and have the bomb blow up my head.

:lol LJ = Lurking JihadActually, it's Looming Jihad :depressed

Solid D, what percentage chance do you give the Spurs of winning this series? Thanks in advance :)

cly2tw
05-14-2008, 02:10 AM

This one is real cool.:lol

Tonto
05-14-2008, 02:12 AM
:lol LJ = Lurking Jihad

pale face solid of d
make tonto laff out loud in tp

Solid D
05-14-2008, 02:17 AM
50-50. Uncharted waters but this defense isn't stopping teams like they have in the past (.450 Opp FG% aint workin')

I think this is the Celts year but we'll see. I'm still positive and fully engaged at the front of the Spurs' wagon.

timvp
05-14-2008, 02:25 AM
I'll take 50/50 at this point. :tu

Celtics have looked horrible but yeah with the way HCA is holding up and their defense, Boston has to be the favorite.

Solid D
05-14-2008, 02:28 AM
pale face solid of d
make tonto laff out loud in tp

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/40000/American-Indian-Smoke-Signals--40326.jpg

The other side
05-14-2008, 02:33 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/flame.gif

SenorSpur
05-14-2008, 03:20 AM

Very true. In 2006, we saw the Spurs dig themselves into a seemingly insurmountable 3-1 hole versus the Mavs. Only to finally dig themselves out of it, which led to an epic Game 7 situation, where Manu committed an ungodly and untimely mistake with his stupid foul (and 1) on Dirk in the closing seconds of regulation.

We saw then, that the team had spent so much energy digging themselves out of a hold that they were gassed in the overtime and virtually had nothing left in OT. Of course, it should've never come down to that.

Personally, I don't want to see that again. However, they've elected to do it the hard way then. It seems they're hell-bent on doing the hard way now, too.

I agree. A championship-caliber team shouldn't have to create these types of holes for themselves to demonstrate the appropriate sense of urgency - but this 2008 version of the Spurs only seems to respond when they have this type of pressure. We'll see if, like 2006, their luck has run out.

Streakyshooter08
05-14-2008, 03:36 AM
The Spurs won 2 in a row in this series already. I think they have it in them. I am disappointed and pissed right now but it is not impossible. What is good for them would be the 3 day break until game 7. A lot of time to re-energize and get the head straight.

There is still basketball left to be played. Do it. Believe.

rascal
05-14-2008, 04:25 AM
You shouldn't apologize. Duncan should. He no longer has four or five teammates who can carry the offensive load if he struggles for a quarter. He has two. And those two can't beat another team when it turns into 2-on-5.

This is what happens when you are built on old role players on the downside of their careers. Those type of role players do not always show up and its up to the stars to win.

Bruno
05-14-2008, 04:28 AM
If Spurs play their A game, they will win this series. Hornets aren't that good and Spurs are a better team.

What worries me is that I've the feeling that something is broken in this team. They lack of lust and they look physically and/or mentally tired. In 2006, despite the loss, I was really proud about them. They played with a lot of heart and lost against a nightmare matchup. This year against Hornets, it isn't the case at all and it's even more disturbing after what Spurs have done in the Suns series.

Right now, it's all about heart. Either Spurs show the famous "heart of a champion" and they will advance or they are fucked.

1Parker1
05-14-2008, 08:00 AM
They can't win this series, I give them a less than 5% chance of winning. They haven't shown me anything; in the regular season or in 3 games in the postseason that the Spurs know how to win in New Orleans. Hornets are a completely different team on their homecourt, as are many young teams. Spurs defense and obviously their offense isn't where it should be. Add to it that the Spurs were a crappy road team in the regular season too.

Hornets have all the confidence in the world that even if they manage to lose Game 6, they're coming home and winning Game 7. If the Spurs had taken just one less night off in the regular season, they could have been the ones with HCA.

DarrinS
05-14-2008, 08:08 AM

I never thought this series was over just because the Spurs tied it up 2-2. That's just foolish.

The irony is, when the Spurs are playing their very best basketball (examples: last game of the season against Utah, game 3 of Suns series, game 4 of Hornets series), they are virtually unbeatable. When they are playing like they did last night, they can be beaten by almost any NBA team (well, maybe not by the Nicks).

ballhog
05-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Is there a way we could rename the 3rd quarter 2.1? What is going on a halftime at New Orleans??? They come out and stink up the joint.

Russ
05-14-2008, 08:24 AM
The Spurs' advantage might reveal itself in a close game -- unfortunately they can't seem to keep it close in NO. The Spurs need to use Game 6 as a dress rehearsal for "The Plan" in Game 7 (and hope they also win Game 6 along the way). In other words, they need to multitask on Thursday night (maybe have the Coyote dress up as the Hornet to get the vibe going for Game 7).:ihit

SpurYank
05-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Hey timvp, what else would you like on your plate when you have to eat these words after the Spurs win games 6 and 7?

urunobili
05-14-2008, 09:07 AM
i have to confess that i was confident about this game.. when the third quarter begun... the shit hit the fan... yet again... and i thought it was their time...

Ginofan
05-14-2008, 09:22 AM
They can't win this series, I give them a less than 5% chance of winning. They haven't shown me anything; in the regular season or in 3 games in the postseason that the Spurs know how to win in New Orleans. Hornets are a completely different team on their homecourt, as are many young teams. Spurs defense and obviously their offense isn't where it should be. Add to it that the Spurs were a crappy road team in the regular season too.

Hornets have all the confidence in the world that even if they manage to lose Game 6, they're coming home and winning Game 7. If the Spurs had taken just one less night off in the regular season, they could have been the ones with HCA.

Come on reverse psychology!!!:lol

E20
05-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Spurs are hella gonna win this series.

hater
05-14-2008, 09:40 AM
The Spurs (and about 95% of their fans :rolleyes) thought the series was over.

nope. It was only the fans who thought this series was over. except for a handful of us.

I've never seen a 2-2 series without homecourt advantage be declared over for the road team like this series was.

again, it was all media and fans(including Hornet fans) who thought this was over. Spur players and coaches knew damn well this series is far from over.

tmtcsc
05-14-2008, 09:42 AM
I was absolutely shocked to see the same old shit 3rd quarter all over again. How can you do that 3 times in a row ? IF we win game 6 which is not a given, can we at least compete in the second half ?

Hey man, at this point, if you lay an egg like that in the 3rd quarter, you don't deserve to win. Fuck that, "they played great Defense tonight" shit. We played SOFT.

E20
05-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Can't Holt or some rich ass texan dude buy all the seats for Game 7? Then it would be like 2 home games. LOL

hater
05-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Can't Holt or some rich ass texan dude buy all the seats for Game 7? Then it would be like 2 home games. LOL

http://aftermathnews.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/bush_stupid2.jpg

SpurOutofTownFan
05-14-2008, 09:51 AM

I only hope if this is the end of a formidable 10-year run that at least they don't go down without a fight. I think that would be a really bad ending for this team.

polandprzem
05-14-2008, 10:02 AM
it was all media and fans(including Hornet fans) who thought this was over. Spur players and coaches knew damn well this series is far from over.

Still their head, the mentality wasn't there

baseline bum
05-14-2008, 10:04 AM
The team looks like it's panicking in the second halves of games in NO. They start playing too fast, losing their dribble and throwing bad passes and so on, which New Orleans then uses for easy fast break points... all of a sudden, game over. This is the kind of stuff I expect to see from teams like Denver and Atlanta; not teams with 3 rings together. Pop has got to calm these guys down when adversity strikes.

all_heart
05-14-2008, 10:26 AM
The problem is the Spurs don't have enough firepower coming off the bench and they are too predictable on offense. You put these two together against a younger, energized team that is playing good D, you end up with nasty 3rd quarter let downs. A lot of teams got better this year including NO, the spurs just got older. I believe they can win game 6. You always here that anything can happen in a game 7? Well I'm not sure that game 7 will be much different at all from games 1,2, &5. Spurs better figure something out or it's over. I believe they still got heart, but they are running out of juice.

Agloco
05-14-2008, 10:33 AM
. . . when they don't play with desperation. Unless this year's version of the Spurs comes out and the Big Three are playing like their life rides on each possession, this team is horrible. I've never seen a Tim Duncan Era team quite like it. In past years, the Spurs could at least stay in the ballgame before trying to turn it on in the fourth. This year, it's balls to the wall for 48 minutes or they don't have a chance.After Game 4, I think the Spurs took their foot of the gas. The Spurs (and about 95% of their fans :rolleyes) thought the series was over. I've never seen a 2-2 series without homecourt advantage be declared over for the road team like this series was. It was mind-boggling and instead of realizing the series had just begun at Game 4, we got this:

It's called age and a lack of contribution from role players.

Extra Stout
05-14-2008, 10:40 AM
I don't think the Spurs really have any control over whether they win games in this series. If New Orleans plays well, they crush the Spurs. If New Orleans plays flat, the Spurs can win. So far, New Orleans plays well at home and plays flat on the road. They are a young team that doesn't have it all together yet mentally. However, each game they play means they get a little more experience and confidence.

The Spurs cannot win this series of their own will. Their only chance would be for the Hornets to blow it. That is not very likely. Far likelier is that the Hornets come out confident in Game 6 and do what they've been doing to the Spurs in New Orleans.

MoSpur
05-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Tim Duncan needs to step it up. Period. He needs to quit complaining and start playing. Seriously, I know its been said enough, but he complains way too much. He needs to quit settling.

MadDog73
05-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Or, the other way to read this, the Spurs win when they need to.

Spurs in 7.

DarrinS
05-14-2008, 11:08 AM
One time, Duncan thought he had mono for an entire playoff series.

It turned out he was just really bored

:lmao

SpursFanFirst
05-14-2008, 11:29 AM

:lol what the...?
Even though I'm really annoyed with this team right now, that's still funny!

Oh, and I'm blaming those from the chat room who messed with Karma... ;) I kid.

Now, let's buckle down for the next two games and take this... :ihit

George Gervin's Afro
05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
You gotta give NO some credit too. They came out with a ton of energy on the defensive end of the floor and found a way to limit the penetration from the backcourt.

Manny is right..

SpursFanFirst
05-14-2008, 11:32 AM

And when the 2008 San Antonio Spurs hold up that NBA Championship trophy I do not want to know that your your Debbie downer,fire Pop!, fair weather, bandwagon, kool-aid drinking,topic locking ass is in the same city as I am, you don't deserve to live in San Antonio. And your the reason I became a member of this site what does that say about me?

:soapbox:

easjer
05-14-2008, 01:18 PM
:lol what the...?
Even though I'm really annoyed with this team right now, that's still funny!

Oh, and I'm blaming those from the chat room who messed with Karma... ;) I kid.

Now, let's buckle down for the next two games and take this... :ihit

Hey, fuck off.

No fears, I will not be watching game 6 or a potential game 7. They are pissing me off too much. I turned it off in the third, because I was so stressed out by it, and still didn't go to bed before midnight, I was so pissed off.

It is so disappointing to know they can win and watch them revert to the piss poor play they demonstrated. It's not fun anymore. It's one thing if they are just beat, but to watch them self-destruct for lack of intensity - I'm not interested in watching that.

I love the Spurs, and will always be a Spurs fan - even if they are a lottery team next year, but that does not extend to me watching the train wreck. I hope they win, I believe they have it in them to win, I'm rooting for them to win with all my heart. But I won't be watching.

SpursFanFirst
05-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Hey, fuck off.

:lol <hugs>

easjer
05-14-2008, 01:23 PM
:lol <hugs>

;)

Kisses!

degenerate_gambler
05-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Hey, fuck off.

No fears, I will not be watching game 6 or a potential game 7. They are pissing me off too much. I turned it off in the third, because I was so stressed out by it, and still didn't go to bed before midnight, I was so pissed off.

I'll be watching game 6 but not with the same since of anticipation of the first 5.

Thing is..they'll probably come out tomorrow nite and play lights out, setting up a game 7.

And if a game 7 happens, well, I'll watch that one too, but with a mindset I'm not used to having for a Spurs game...hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

urunobili
05-14-2008, 01:32 PM
;)

Kisses!

told ya not to watch it :depressed

easjer
05-14-2008, 02:31 PM
told ya not to watch it :depressed

Yeah.

But I still blame their utter inability to penetrate far more than us watching. We can test that theory on game 6 and possibly game 7.

degenerate_gambler
05-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Yeah.

But I still blame their utter inability to penetrate far more than us watching. We can test that theory on game 6 and possibly game 7.

A little penetration would make us all feel better..

polandprzem
05-14-2008, 02:46 PM

Spurs lost and you think about sex?

:frying:

I am Tom
05-14-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm really annoyed with this team right now

So they win and you like them they lose and you get annoyed. I think you sum up what a spur fan really is.

jman3000
05-14-2008, 03:00 PM
So they win and you like them they lose and you get annoyed. I think you sum up what a spur fan really is.

that should be the definition of any fan. period.

degenerate_gambler
05-14-2008, 03:08 PM

sex and basketball have a common goal...

the ultimate objective in either one is to put it in the hole.

urunobili
05-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah.

if we win this series after you not watching it i'll make a thread about it... :toast

SpursFanFirst
05-14-2008, 03:15 PM

:lol what?
Go away.

TampaDude
05-14-2008, 03:23 PM

We should call up Kobe, then...he's really good at penetrating and forcing his way to the hole... :lol

easjer
05-14-2008, 03:24 PM

Uh, that's any fan that cares about their team. You have to give a damn to be affected by it. . . It's bandwagon fans that don't care when their team loses. I expect that being from Dallas (second only to Houston in bandwagon fandom capitals of the world) you might not understand the difference.

degenerate_gambler
05-14-2008, 03:29 PM
We should call up Kobe, then...he's really good at penetrating and forcing his way to the hole... :lol

:hat

...yeah but can he finish?

I am Tom
05-14-2008, 03:36 PM
that should be the definition of any fan. period.

Look up the word "ungratefulness"
Maybe in your fair weather,flip flop world it's ok but many fans keep that shit to themselves out of respect for thier team,and as a Spurs fan you you should show more rtespect since you just won a ring.

I am Tom
05-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Uh, that's any fan that cares about their team.

If you cared you would not bitch in public. I guess if you have a kid and he does not win a race you go to a message board to tell everyone how upset you are?

You have to give a damn to be affected by it. . . It's bandwagon fans that don't care when their team loses. I expect that being from Dallas (second only to Houston in bandwagon fandom capitals of the world) you might not understand the difference.

Trust me I know the difference, I can read.

polandprzem
05-14-2008, 03:56 PM
sex and basketball have a common goal...

the ultimate objective in either one is to put it in the hole.

It's tougher in sex cause in basketball you have juts to put it in.
In sex you are puting in and out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out in out ...

SpursFanFirst
05-14-2008, 03:56 PM
If you cared you would not bitch in public. I guess if you have a kid and he does not win a race you go to a message board to tell everyone how upset you are?

I said I was annoyed...not about to throw myself from the nearest bridge.
Of all the over-top-comments on this board, you choose to point mine out?
Oh brother. I'm done responding to you.

easjer
05-14-2008, 04:00 PM

That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Seriously.

Ok, guys, let's only talk positively about our team! Don't be annoyed! Puppies and rainbows and sunshine out our asses!

I am Tom
05-14-2008, 04:12 PM

Ok, guys, let's only talk positively about our team! Don't be annoyed! Puppies and rainbows and sunshine out our asses!

I can't help you with your private fantasies I can only point out what I read from your postings. Where was all this bitching after game four?

degenerate_gambler
05-14-2008, 04:13 PM

Stepford fans...

degenerate_gambler
05-14-2008, 04:14 PM
I can't help you with your private fantasies I can only point out what I read from your postings. Where was all this bitching after game four?

You moron...what was there to bitch about regarding gm 4?

I am Tom
05-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Oh brother.

You sound like your annoyed already thank you for proving my point.

I'm done responding to you.

Translation: I don't want to be exposed further as a Bi-polar Spur fan.

td4mvp21
05-14-2008, 04:17 PM
We're just not good enough to win the title this year-what's new, considering it's a repeat year? I think we have a good chance to win Game 6 but we'll just lose in Game 7 and it will be all the more heartbreaking. I think if we were going to eliminate the Hornets we would be in control of this series instead of playing catch up the whole time.

I am Tom
05-14-2008, 04:21 PM
You moron...what was there to bitch about regarding gm 4?

Psssst! that's my point, you people bitch just to bitch either the Spurs are your team and you support them, or you don't and you need to get off the wagon. Don't just complain like some soccer mom after every loss. It makes you look fake.

(notice how I made my point w/o calling him a moron it can be done people)

BRHornet45
05-14-2008, 05:17 PM
son your team does not suck. just calm down

Kori Ellis
05-14-2008, 05:17 PM
son your team does not suck. just calm down

I guess you didn't read the post either.

BRHornet45
05-14-2008, 05:20 PM
I guess you didn't read the post either.

mam I read the post.

nice jugs by the way (whoever it is)

Ginofan
05-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Psssst! that's my point, you people bitch just to bitch either the Spurs are your team and you support them, or you don't and you need to get off the wagon. Don't just complain like some soccer mom after every loss. It makes you look fake.

(notice how I made my point w/o calling him a moron it can be done people)

What else is there to do after a loss? Play ring around the rosie and giggle at how poor we played? Get real.

Real fans are pissed when we lose and ecstatic when we win. It's just the way the world works.

Tonto
05-14-2008, 05:56 PM
pale face spur fans soar high like eagle after win
then run like buffalo after loss

angel_luv
05-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Even when this team shows the mental toughness of a twinkie, I still love them. ( cough, cough Round 2 Game 5)

Call me crazy, but I am still going to believe for and in this team.

Let's do this, Spurs! :)

:cheer :D :cheer

:flag:

GoGatos.
05-14-2008, 06:04 PM
What else is there to do after a loss? Play ring around the rosie and giggle at how poor we played? Get real.

Real fans are pissed when we lose and ecstatic when we win. It's just the way the world works.

You along with your oxygen deprived, kool-aid drinking, myopic so called Spur fans in this topic are not getting the point. It's not about showing passion or emotions it's about saying "this team sucks" after a loss, and "this team rocks" after a win what is so hard to figure out?

Can't you inbred spur fans at least wait until the Spurs get eliminated before you bitch?

Ronaldo McDonald
05-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Sloppy passes really killed us last night in the third. You can't take advantage of the late rotations if your bobbling the ball. When we had openings for a three at crucial points in the game, the ball was being bobbled because of bad passes. As a result the Hornets' defense recovered and our offense couldn't produce when we really neeeed it.

It's important that we play consistently good on offense and not have any major lapses because the Hornets honestly have to be one of the best teams I've ever seen at shutting down their opponent after a comfortable 8 or 9 point advantage.

I almost knew it was over once we were down by like 7 or 8.

killahwave
05-14-2008, 06:33 PM

He's so yogic and he didn't even know it?

http://www.yoga.com/filestorage/CMS/baddhaarticle.JPG

Ginofan
05-14-2008, 06:39 PM
You along with your oxygen deprived, kool-aid drinking, myopic so called Spur fans in this topic are not getting the point. It's not about showing passion or emotions it's about saying "this team sucks" after a loss, and "this team rocks" after a win what is so hard to figure out?

Can't you inbred spur fans at least wait until the Spurs get eliminated before you bitch?

Why is it not okay to bitch after a loss??? What do you want us to do???

You're SUPPOSED to criticize the fucking team, you're supposed to over analyze every fucking play. I don't condone jumping off the wagon or giving up on the team, but damn we can criticize them and still be fans. Saying they sucked...WHEN THEY DID...there's nothing wrong with that, Jesus H. Christ. I don't know what the fuck you are smoking thinking we can't...or that if we do we aren't fans at all. We ride the roller coaster of the season with this team, what is wrong with that???

Get the fuck off your high horse.

GrandeDavid
05-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Oh brother. I'm done responding to you.

:clap

Great response and you really ought to just block this person.

GrandeDavid
05-14-2008, 06:51 PM

All I ever think about is sex. I'm a dude.

easjer
05-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Ok, when you are supposed to bitch? After a win? OK, well there are good wins and bad wins. I bitch after bad wins too. I suppose that makes me a bad fan. Whatever. I don't need to prove my 'fanhood' over the fucking internet, nor do I care about meeting some random person's designation of fan.

I root for this team, whatever the circumstances. I follow this team. I love this team. I hope for them and believe in them. Take from that what you will. I know some people don't think I'm a 'real' fan because I'm not going to watch. I'm really ok with that.

dbreiden83080
05-14-2008, 07:37 PM

Average man thinks about Sex like 100 times a day.

GoGatos.
05-14-2008, 07:40 PM
:clap

Great response and you really ought to just block this person.

Yes just block anyone who does not agree with you.
That's real mature is that how you do things at clubspurs?

GoGatos.
05-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Why is it not okay to bitch after a loss??? What do you want us to do???

Wow you must be new as a sports fan or have no idea what your talking about are you a female? heres an idea! how about talk about what the Spurs have to do to win game 6? Talk about what the Spurs need to do to keep the Hornets in check. The adjustments coach Pop has to make.

You're SUPPOSED to criticize the fucking team,

Your a lost cause maybe you would like to see the team get spanked or sit in a corner for time out, will that satisfy your hate for them after a loss?

Maybe if each spurs player came to your house with flowers asking for forgiveness?

Get the fuck off your high horse.

Why so I can live in your world of ungratefulnesses? no thanks, I like taking the high road it's called class you should try it sometimes.

GoGatos.
05-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Ok, when you are supposed to bitch?

After the Spurs get eliminated not now when they need your support, and can't you do your bitching at home with your husband why do it in a public forum where someone may quote you and exposed you as a someone who gives up on their team?

Ginofan
05-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Wow you must be new as a sports fan or have no idea what your talking about are you a female? heres an idea! how about talk about what the Spurs have to do to win game 6? Talk about what the Spurs need to do to keep the Hornets in check. The adjustments coach Pop has to make.

Have you not been reading the forum? That shit is all over the place! All of the Game Thoughts Timvp puts out are great insight as to what to change up or concentrate more on. There's a thread by Blue-Lightning (whoever that is) TITLED *lightbulb* Keys to Spurs Wins! Oh my god! Are you actually reading the forum? And what does being a female have ANYTHING to do with it???

Your a lost cause maybe you would like to see the team get spanked or sit in a corner for time out, will that satisfy your hate for them after a loss?

I , in no way shape or form have I said I HATE the Spurs. I said they sucked in Game 5 because honestly and truthfully THEY DID SUCK, and I'm most positive that THEY would say the exact same thing.

Maybe if each spurs player came to your house with flowers asking for forgiveness?

Forgiveness for what exactly? Seriously what are you smoking, you're taking this way too seriously. So some people said they sucked, (again they did suck just for the record) B.F.D. Who are you to say how to be a Spursfan??

Why so I can live in your world of ungratefulnesses? no thanks, I like taking the high road it's called class you should try it sometimes.
:rollin:rollin:rollin
You're fucking hillarious dude.

Deb
05-14-2008, 08:12 PM
mam I read the post.

nice jugs by the way (whoever it is)

Wow, you can tell this guy is some sort of ugly, stinky dude who has never had a woman, with all of his wistful posts about woman's body parts. On the other hand, his lack of self esteem with woman is showing by all of his chavunistic comments. Loser.:lol

HFFL
05-15-2008, 11:38 PM
I wonder how this TimVp poster feels now?

Septic
05-15-2008, 11:40 PM
I wonder how this TimVp poster feels now?He feels like a dip shit that should get a Horry check to the back and lose his job.:king

MadDog73
05-15-2008, 11:41 PM

Pretty fucking good, I'd bet.

Nothing is more desperate than a Game 7, and so far the Spurs are 3-0 when they need to be against the Hornets.

timvp
05-19-2008, 10:21 PM
When this team has its back against the wall ..............

watch out.

:smokin

SpursIndonesia
05-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Indeed they prevailed, the role players came through, another great call by you, LJ. :)

polandprzem
05-19-2008, 10:51 PM
The old farts prevailed

mouse
05-20-2008, 12:53 AM
open mouth, insert..................

dbreiden83080
05-20-2008, 01:01 AM

Feels like fucking partying baby. :hat:hat:hat

mouse
05-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Now will you take hold of the flame?.......................

1Parker1
05-25-2008, 10:12 PM
:lol Playing at home helps too.

:)

Duncan
05-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Now will you take hold of the flame?.......................

Do it timvp!

3AQM-KdepuM

SpurOutofTownFan
05-26-2008, 04:16 PM
timvp was high when he created this post

Duncan
05-29-2008, 08:52 PM

Re-Animator
05-29-2008, 10:17 PM
If Spurs lose tonight..(which they won't) this could be the topic of the month. :tu

Cant_Be_Faded
05-29-2008, 10:23 PM
timvp is right
we play normal we get blown out
we play good we lose be a little

we play very good and we blow the other team out

theres no in between