PDA

View Full Version : Where's Manu?

2centsworth
05-14-2008, 01:06 AM
Where is the Manu that wouldn't let the Spurs lose game 7 against Detroit?

Where's the Manu that beats the Mavs without Tim and Tony?

Where's the Manu that owns Phoenix?

Where's the Manu that makes every play down the stretch?

Where's the Manu that pick-pockets Richard Jefferson to spur a big run?

We need Super Manu or I'm afraid we will not pull this one out.

carina_gino20
05-14-2008, 01:12 AM
Manu can't win it by himself. But the way NO is playing, we still need Manu to be Ditka-thread Manu.

beachwood
05-14-2008, 01:12 AM
I've been wondering that too. He hasn't played with the same poise and intelligence on a consistent basis. Come on Manu, don't fold. Come back, we miss you.

dbreiden83080
05-14-2008, 01:13 AM
Manu getting bashed for shitty play, WOW i thought it was all about Duncan in spite of 23 REb's it was all his fault, yeah right both Manu and Tony sucked.

2centsworth
05-14-2008, 01:14 AM
Manu can't win it by himself. But the way NO is playing, we still need Manu to be Ditka-thread Manu.

he's more deserving of a roy williams (cowboy safety) thread.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-14-2008, 01:17 AM
I've been wondering that too. He hasn't played with the same poise and intelligence on a consistent basis. Come on Manu, don't fold. Come back, we miss you.

Manu, come back!

we can work it out!

mVp
05-14-2008, 01:19 AM
Who knows?

kace
05-14-2008, 01:21 AM
Manu getting bashed for shitty play, WOW i thought it was all about Duncan in spite of 23 REb's it was all his fault, yeah right both Manu and Tony sucked.

are you trying to compare what manu and tony has brought to the team in these PO ? i assume the OP is talking about all the PO when he says where's manu.

hell, are you even trying to compare manu and tony in this game (5/18 against 7/14) ?

why are you bringing tony here ? manu is playing like shit in these PO . i really hate that, i would like to see him score 30 ppg at 50 % for the rest of the PO, but right now, he's killing us.

2centsworth
05-14-2008, 01:24 AM
are you trying to compare what manu and tony has brought to the team in these PO ? i assume the OP is talking about all the PO when he says where's manu.

hell, are you even trying to compare manu and tony in this game (5/18 against 7/14) ?

why are you bringing tony here ? manu is playing like shit in these PO . i really hate that, i would like to see him score 30 ppg at 50 % for the rest of the PO, but right now, he's killing us.

Manu has played pretty well at home. On the road he's disappeared.

carina_gino20
05-14-2008, 01:29 AM

did you read the original post? dbreiden83080 was pissed about everyone piling up shit on Tim. Everyone sucked tonight.

kace
05-14-2008, 01:58 AM
did you read the original post? dbreiden83080 was pissed about everyone piling up shit on Tim. Everyone sucked tonight.

did you read what i said ? the thread is about how much manu is sucking in these PO.
is it too difficult to admit ? why bring tim or tony here ? tony is having tremendous PO and Tim had some great games, even if overally too passive IMO. but manu sucks badly. and i really hope we'll have the real manu soon. i love him and we need him.

anyway, i agree with you. everyone sucked in this game.

Kathyladora
05-14-2008, 02:03 AM
Tremendous?
Maybe it's just me, but this series Tony's looked timid, and unagressive quite a bit.

I don't know what's wrong with the Big Three, but we need all of them to be super in order to get past New Orleans.

Kori Ellis
05-14-2008, 02:05 AM
did you read what i said ? the thread is about how much manu is sucking in these PO.is it too difficult to admit ? why bring tim or tony here ? tony is having tremendous PO and Tim had some great games, even if overally too passive IMO. but manu sucks badly. and i really hope we'll have the real manu soon. i love him and we need him.

anyway, i agree with you. everyone sucked in this game.

Umm... in this series before tonight, Manu was averaging 20, 7 and 5, while shooting 46%. Not exactly sucking - in fact that's a little better than his regular season numbers when people thought he was awesome. His 3 point shot has been off (and turnovers a little up), but he hasn't been sucking.

The Spurs players have had some up and down games, but for the most part Tony and Manu have played well in these playoffs.

2centsworth
05-14-2008, 02:07 AM
Umm... in this series before tonight, Manu was averaging 20, 7 and 5, while shooting 46%. Not exactly sucking - in fact that's a little better than his regular season numbers when people thought he was awesome. His 3 point shot has been off (and turnovers a little up), but he hasn't been sucking.

The Spurs players have had some up and down games, but for the most part Tony and Manu have played well in these playoffs.

Manu has disappeared in NO.

Kori Ellis
05-14-2008, 02:08 AM

Along with the rest of the Spurs.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-14-2008, 02:08 AM

Along with Tim and Pop

2centsworth
05-14-2008, 02:16 AM
You guys can start threads on the other players. For me, I'm calling out Manu. I want to see Ditka Manu!

Kori Ellis
05-14-2008, 02:17 AM
You guys can start threads on the other players. For me, I'm calling out Manu. I want to see Ditka Manu!

He'll be here on Thursday. Hopefully he'll be in N.O. on Monday too.

SpursFan0728
05-14-2008, 02:20 AM
The better question is where is Duncan

kace
05-14-2008, 02:22 AM

i was talking about the entire PO.

Manu is at 18.8 ppg at 45 %, 32 % 3pts, 4.1 rbs, 4.2 ass and 3.4 TO in the whole PO. not exactly what we could wait from him. (before this bad game).

even in this serie, he has a good game in G3, but isn't really the manu that we love. right now, it's only about the big three. we can't count on others players when we're facing adversity.

we always saw manu being streaky, sometimes inconsistent. but overall, he should be better and above all, he's the one on this team who can become hot and unstoppable and change alone a game when we need it the most, when everything seems to go wrong. very few players are capable to do that in the league and he's one of those.

but right now, not only we have the usually streaky manu at a low good games/bad games ratio, but we never had one of these games where he saves us. hope he saved this for the next two games.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-14-2008, 02:26 AM

Good player to call out.

He hasn't been in his zone forever. He needs to deliver.. Like really deliver a knock out 1-2 punch in game 6, to force a game 7 for the second one. Carn Sarnet!

He has the potential to play like the best player in the world when he's on, and he hasn't done that.

Kori Ellis
05-14-2008, 02:34 AM
i was talking about the entire PO.

Manu is at 18.8 ppg at 45 %, 32 % 3pts, 4.1 rbs, 4.2 ass and 3.4 TO in the whole PO. not exactly what we could wait from him. (before this bad game).

Still, those numbers aren't sucking. He hasn't been Super Manu but to say that he has sucked these whole playoffs is unfair. Those are similar to his regular season numbers (outside 3pt % and t.o.). I want him to be incredible too, but "sucking" is harsh. 19/4/4 isn't sucking.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-14-2008, 02:35 AM
Still, those numbers aren't sucking. He hasn't been Super Manu but to say that he has sucked these whole playoffs is unfair. Those are similar to his regular season numbers (outside 3pt % and t.o.). I want him to be incredible too, but "sucking" is harsh. 19/4/4 isn't sucking.

Spurs fan got spoiled. Our big three gets harsh treatment during these losses.

roycrikside
05-14-2008, 03:19 AM
I can't believe this thread. As bad as Manu was today, he was easily the best of the big three. At least he kept them in the game for a half. He led the team in points and assists. The starting point guard had four dimes.

Tony was better than Paul in Game 4 and Paul was much, much better in game 5.

kace
05-14-2008, 03:31 AM

Spurs fan got spoiled. Our big three gets harsh treatment during these losses.

OK. so, let's say that if Tim was putting 15 ppg and 7 rpg, he wouldn't be sucking because compared to the average level of big men, these are good numbers :rolleyes

Our team is builted around three players. we need them to be great, which means 70 ppg combined at a good percentage. i don't know but were you saying that our team isn't well built before ? it's who we are, especially in the PO and this year more than ever.

if each of our big three puts 18 ppg at 45 % and being TO prone, we'll lose.
tony is at 26 ppg and 52 % FG (and 7 apg). tim is at 21 ppg and 50 % FG (and 12 rpg).

we need a lot more from manu, a little more from tim ( in aggressiveness) and not less from tony. otherwise, we'll lose.

oh, and i could say, considering i'm talking about manu:

Even if i know he's one of the best player ever, even if i think that his numbers wouldn't be so bad for an average swingmen in an average team not competing for the title, even if i clearly know he's not the only reason of the losses we had on the PO, even if he had some good games, i still think, IMHO, that manu, that i love and respect a lot, should be able to give us a little more as he has always done when needed the most by the past and wasn't till now able to do in these PO.

allow me to say that he sucks instead.

Kori Ellis
05-14-2008, 03:39 AM

OK. so, let's say that if Tim was putting 15 ppg and 7 rpg, he wouldn't be sucking because compared to the average level of big men, these are good numbers :rolleyes

You can keep your rolling eyes to yourself. I'm comparing Manu to Manu's own numbers. Not to average level swingmen. So I'm not sure the point of this questions. So are you saying Manu sucked all year this year? Because this year he averaged about 19/5/4 and shot about 46% and for the playoffs he's averaging very similar numbers. So if he has "sucked for the whole playoffs" like you say, then I guess he's sucked all season. You can say his 3-pt percentage sucks in the playoffs, but his overall game hasn't sucked.

Our team is builted around three players. we need them to be great, which means 70 ppg combined at a good percentage. i don't know but were you saying that our team isn't well built before ? it's who we are, especially in the PO and this year more than ever.

I have no idea what you are talking about the team not being well built before, so I can't respond.

if each of our big three puts 18 ppg at 45 % and being TO prone, we'll lost.
tony is at 26 ppg and 52 % FG (and 7 apg). tim is at 21 ppg and 50 % FG (and 12 rpg).

we need a lot more from manu, a little more from tim ( in aggressiveness) and not less from tony. otherwise, we'll lose.

oh, and i could say, considering i'm talking about manu:

Even if i know he's one of the best player ever, even if i think that his numbers wouldn't be so bad for an average swingmen in an average team not competing for the title, even if i clearly know he's not the only reason of the losses we had on the PO, even if he had some good games, i still think, IMHO, that manu, that i love and respect a lot, should be able to give us a little more as he has always done when needed the most by the past and wasn't till now able to do in these PO.

allow me to say that he sucks instead.

So you think average swingmen average 20 and 7? Because that's what he's averaging this series.

I get it .. you want Manu to be superstar level. All of us do. But 20 and 7 is good ... not sucking.

kace
05-14-2008, 03:51 AM
You can keep your rolling eyes to yourself. I'm comparing Manu to Manu's own numbers. Not to average level swingmen. So I'm not sure the point of this questions. So are you saying Manu sucked all year this year? Because this year he averaged about 19/5/4 and shot about 46% and for the playoffs he's averaging very similar numbers. So if he has "sucked for the whole playoffs" like you say, then I guess he's sucked all season. You can say his 3-pt percentage sucks in the playoffs, but his overall game hasn't sucked.

i think manu was great in the RS. he was our best player. but right now, he sucks.
he sucks because his stats are lower whereas they should be higher. we need more from our big three in PO. he also sucks because the best skill of manu is to be great when everything is turning bad for us. he never did that for us in these PO. everyone says that with manu, you take the bad (streaky performances, TO prone) with the good (outstanding games and clutch plays). it's true. and right now, we only have the bad mostly.

he also sucks because of all the things which don't appear in stats sheet and that you couldn't have missed: manu isn't simply manu right now.

but i, of course, understand what you mean. of course manu isn't so bad in these PO. he's just way below what we need from him. so, in spurs standards: he sucks ;)

I have no idea what you are talking about the team not being well built before, so I can't respond.

sorry for my sometimes rough english.

I get it .. you want Manu to be superstar level. All of us do. But 20 and 7 is good ... not sucking.

not only i would like manu at a superstar level because it's simply great to see him at this level as a basketball fan, but we need him, as spurs fans, to be at a superstars level to win games, like tony and tim.

Typhoon
05-14-2008, 03:57 AM
Manu is hurt, Manu is not Manu right now, and I know it sucks but it will probably be like that for the rest of the series, and even rest of the playoffs if Spurs manage to survive...rest of the players need to step up.

Sucks he had an amazing RS and getting hurt just before playoffs is indeed a bitch.

Kori Ellis
05-14-2008, 03:59 AM
Manu is hurt, Manu is not Manu right now, and I know it sucks but it will probably be like that for the rest of the series, and even rest of the playoffs if Spurs manage to survive...rest of the players need to step up.

Sucks he had an amazing RS and getting hurt just before playoffs is indeed a bitch.

Actually Manu was hurt in the Suns series. He says he feels pretty good right now. Everyone is banged up; it's playoff time.

Both Manu and Tony need to cut down on their unforced errors, and the Spurs need to stay aggressive and keep the ball moving.

timvp
05-14-2008, 04:07 AM
I don't get when Spurs fans fragment the Big Three when the Spurs lose a game. They are all interconnected. For example, if Ginobili had hit more outside jumpers, Parker would have gotten more space to penetrate the lane. If Duncan would have played well offensively, Ginobili would have gotten more open shots. If Parker would have pushed the pace more, Duncan would have gotten easier postup opportunities against a scrambling defense.

In this game specifically, it's pointless to figure out which member of the Big Three played the best. All three of them played pretty poorly. Looking at the different shades of suckiness to determine who was the best of the worst makes no sense.

The Spurs don't play in a vacuum. If one of the Big Three is sucking, things get much more difficult for the other two. It's going to take all three to play well in the next two games for the Spurs to have a shot.

kace
05-14-2008, 04:12 AM
I don't get when Spurs fans fragment the Big Three when the Spurs lose a game. They are all interconnected. For example, if Ginobili had hit more outside jumpers, Parker would have gotten more space to penetrate the lane. If Duncan would have played well offensively, Ginobili would have gotten more open shots. If Parker would have pushed the pace more, Duncan would have gotten easier postup opportunities against a scrambling defense.

In this game specifically, it's pointless to figure out which member of the Big Three played the best. All three of them played pretty poorly. Looking at the different shades of suckiness to determine who was the best of the worst makes no sense.

The Spurs don't play in a vacuum. If one of the Big Three is sucking, things get much more difficult for the other two. It's going to take all three to play well in the next two games for the Spurs to have a shot.

you're definitely right. but we still can judge about individual performances, which was, i presume, the intention of the OP.

ecksodia
05-14-2008, 04:17 AM

WORD.

ceds
05-14-2008, 04:54 AM
Forget his numbers...there has not been a game these playoffs where Manu has been our best player.

This season more then any other he has carried us..right now it doesnt seem like he has the juice

Ginofan
05-14-2008, 04:55 AM
Man you people are full of shit.

You want Manu to carry you the entire season AND the entire playoffs? Get off his back. I seriously couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this thread...I thought Manu was the only one of the Big Three that gave any effort last night, and then I come here and see this....unreal!

This is a TEAM loss, it's on ALL of them, Jesus H Christ.

bigdog
05-14-2008, 05:17 AM
The problem isn't Manu. It's the team. Sure, Manu seems to get under some pressure and jack up shots that he shouldn't take, but everyone is doing that. Pop needs to get Barry in the game much earlier. And when he puts Finley in, he should start running plays for him coming off screens to get him going, because if he doesn't get looks early, he'll never get on track and make shots.

Another thing that has pissed me off is the play of our big guys. Thomas, Horry, and Oberto get in foul trouble and then we have no one to replace them. I'd like to see Thomas play better. He just needs to make his shots. He's getting good looks. Horry just needs to call it quits. I like that fact that he's trying and playing hard, but he's not doing much besides working up a sweat. As for FabioFuckingOberto, I've never liked the guy. He's soft as hell and can't catch a ball. Mahinmi anyone? It's about that time.

Also, what the hell is Pop doing by not putting in Jacque Vaughn? He's having matchup problems with Paul, so why doesn't he bring in JV when Tony needs a rest? I hate when he puts Manu at point and brings another wing in the game. It might be good for us offensively but defensively it's not working. JV is one of the best defenders in the league when it comes to guarding the PG, and he hasn't seen much action. Need an offensive spark? bring in Stoudamire. Shit, since our other guys aren't making many wide open shots (and we are getting a TON of wide open shots), maybe Damon can come in a hit a few. Pop is pissing me off in this series. There's so many things that the Spurs can do that they just aren't doing.

But.........I have faith and we can win the series :)

homer
05-14-2008, 07:37 AM
The problem isn't Manu. It's the team. Sure, Manu seems to get under some pressure and jack up shots that he shouldn't take, but everyone is doing that. Pop needs to get Barry in the game much earlier. And when he puts Finley in, he should start running plays for him coming off screens to get him going, because if he doesn't get looks early, he'll never get on track and make shots.

Another thing that has pissed me off is the play of our big guys. Thomas, Horry, and Oberto get in foul trouble and then we have no one to replace them. I'd like to see Thomas play better. He just needs to make his shots. He's getting good looks. Horry just needs to call it quits. I like that fact that he's trying and playing hard, but he's not doing much besides working up a sweat. As for FabioFuckingOberto, I've never liked the guy. He's soft as hell and can't catch a ball. Mahinmi anyone? It's about that time.

Also, what the hell is Pop doing by not putting in Jacque Vaughn? He's having matchup problems with Paul, so why doesn't he bring in JV when Tony needs a rest? I hate when he puts Manu at point and brings another wing in the game. It might be good for us offensively but defensively it's not working. JV is one of the best defenders in the league when it comes to guarding the PG, and he hasn't seen much action. Need an offensive spark? bring in Stoudamire. Shit, since our other guys aren't making many wide open shots (and we are getting a TON of wide open shots), maybe Damon can come in a hit a few. Pop is pissing me off in this series. There's so many things that the Spurs can do that they just aren't doing.

But.........I have faith and we can win the series :)

You must want us to lose even worse. Stoudimire is a dud and we go backwards every time he comes in. He still doesn't know our system.JV got very little offense but he does bring a little D and a lot of hustle. IMO, Manu at point is a much better decision and the right one. Damon will be lucky to be on the team next year regardless of his contract. Send him packing. I was always a fan of Damon before he got here and thought it was a good move to get him, but he is clearly not Spurs material.:nope

vanvannen
05-14-2008, 08:15 AM
I'm not bashing Manu, but I agree with the poster stating that he hasn't carried this team once in the playoffs.
He also hasn't have a game where he couldn't be stopped. He has to be that fearless player that just will not loose. The same goes for Tim.
Tony is playing alright IMO.

FoxMulder
05-14-2008, 08:22 AM
I believe than the Spurs superstar were Duncan but if you want to blame an injured player for not to play 100% is really coward. Manu and Tony are doing his role each one but Duncan is a shadow of himself this series.

sassystriker
05-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Get off Manu's back.

Game 6 and 7, God willing, Manu will be so huge. It's his time to carry the team. I claim that we'll get through this series. I've prayed for it.

urunobili
05-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Get off Manu's back.

Game 6 and 7, God willing, Manu will be so huge. It's his time to carry the team. I claim that we'll get through this series. I've prayed for it.

:flag:

Argiebabe
05-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Pleeeze, stop bumping the Ditka thread and opening threads about Manu going for 30 or more points.... every time you did so... nothing happened!
Lets let it be people, call me superstitious but I really want him to explode and be the Manu we all know and love.

vander
05-14-2008, 09:20 AM
time to trade manu, and fabs, if anyone will take them

Ginofan
05-14-2008, 09:26 AM
time to trade manu, and fabs, if anyone will take them

:rollin

Be serious.

Nikos
05-14-2008, 09:42 AM
The 2005 Playoffs were a fluke. He was ridiculously good that year, and I can't think of any other good explanation other then he just had a very good playoffs. He won't ever have that kind of playoff again, very few second fiddles play that well on offense.

So yeah, that Manu is gone. Just like he had an awesome playoff in 05, he can easily have subpar playoffs (like you have seen the past couple years) -- at least when you relate it to his regular season performance.

Using 2005 as a comparison is unrealistic.

mytespurs
05-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Isn't Manu coming off or still suffering from some nagging injuries (ankle, groin)? P

1Parker1
05-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Where's Michael Finley? is the real question...

chaco
05-14-2008, 02:34 PM
The better question is where is Duncan

+1
Where's TD !!!!!

TMTTRIO
05-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Manu just hasn't been the same since injuring and reinjuring his groin/ankle. His shooting touch has been way off since then and he looks really tentative to drive it. In the playoffs he's been shooting 33% from 3 point line compared to 40% in the regular season. Even his FG% is down a lot.