PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Wins Another State!

Nbadan
05-14-2008, 02:21 AM
The state of denial....

OXONMGz_jAg

Greatest Speech eva!

:hat

Dim Tuncan
05-14-2008, 02:24 AM
GO HILLARY GO!

Operation Chaos in full muthafuckin' eff-izz-ect!

:hat

Nbadan
05-14-2008, 02:50 AM
Even Rasmussen is closing shop on the Demo Presidential nomination tracking poll....

May 9, 2008--Rasmussen Reports has been tracking the race for the Democratic Presidential nomination daily for nineteen months… since November 2006. For the last few months, the most remarkable feature of the race has been its consistency and stability. Senators Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are both running historic campaigns and both have captured the votes and hearts of distinct and important constituencies within the Democratic Party. Obama has won Primaries in states where the demographics favor his campaign and Clinton has won in the states that favor her campaign.

However, while Senator Clinton has remained close and competitive in every meaningful measure, she is a close second and the race is over. It has become clear that Barack Obama will be the Democratic nominee.

With this in mind, Rasmussen Reports will soon end our daily tracking of the Democratic race and focus exclusively on the general election competition between Republican John McCain and Democrat Barack Obama.

inconvertible
05-14-2008, 03:47 AM
aah, you know what. this is where obama is going to lose. whites show muscle in west virginia. deep down this is the reason people did not vote for obama in west virgina and the news media didn't even want to address it.

jochhejaam
05-14-2008, 06:30 AM
However, while Senator Clinton has remained close and competitive in every meaningful measure, she is a close second and the race is over. It has become clear that Barack Obama will be the Democratic nominee.

So in W. Virginia, the Democratic nominee Obama outspends Clinton, an opponent who has no chance of being the nominee, yet he gets trounced 240,000 votes to 90,000 votes.

Broad appeal, quite impressive...

JoeChalupa
05-14-2008, 08:13 AM
So in W. Virginia, the Democratic nominee Obama outspends Clinton, an opponent who has no chance of being the nominee, yet he gets trounced 240,000 votes to 90,000 votes.

I wasn't surprised at all. :sleep

Hillary
05-14-2008, 10:38 AM
I've only just begun!!

MannyIsGod
05-14-2008, 10:40 AM

Racism > Demographics > Money

When exit polls tell you how important race was its pretty hard to see why this means dick. Dude, its West Virginia.

Nesterofish
05-14-2008, 10:48 AM
i cant beleef teh dimocraps are achally gonna nomidate a darkie its liek evathing my ansestirs died foer in teh civil war was for nawthin

G-Nob
05-14-2008, 10:49 AM
I've only just begun!!

Keep moving those goal posts back, sweetheart.

xrayzebra
05-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Racism > Demographics > Money

When exit polls tell you how important race was its pretty hard to see why this means dick. Dude, its West Virginia.

They said that no Dimm has even won the Presidency without West, by god,
Virginia. But who knows. They were saying on Fox last night, or speculating
I should say, that she is running for the VP position. But I cant imagine Obama
picking her. He couldn't trust her and Bill on top of that. No way would I want
the Clintons in the background.

And Manny, racism plays a part in Dimms primaries, but in both directions.
The blacks have displayed more racism than the whites have. 90 percent
of most blacks voted for him. 90 percent of whites haven't voted against
him, no even in W. VA.

Spurologist
05-14-2008, 11:03 AM
I've only just begun!!

How is that 20 million dollar debt looking??

George Gervin's Afro
05-14-2008, 11:42 AM

the obomaniacs are writing states off already.. of course they have also lost every bellweather state in this election but what the hell do i know ..

Nbadan
05-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Clinton supporters who won't support Obama in a nutshell...

c-q4MDQ0cDI

Racism - alive and well!

atxrocker
05-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Clinton supporters who won't support Obama in a nutshell...

c-q4MDQ0cDI

Racism - alive and well!

:lmao:lmao@ dan posting clips of rednecks in WV . seriously dan?

Nbadan
05-14-2008, 12:39 PM
:lmao:lmao@ dan posting clips of rednecks in WV . seriously dan?

Here I thought there was no racism in the U.S. anymore..at least that's what people here keep saying....

MannyIsGod
05-14-2008, 12:58 PM
the obomaniacs are writing states off already.. of course they have also lost every bellweather state in this election but what the hell do i know ..

Apparently not much but you said it not me.

:lol

Extra Stout
05-14-2008, 01:02 PM
The way things are playing out, Obama will struggle mightily in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida in November. How can a Democrat possibly win an election while losing those states?

Extra Stout
05-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Racism - alive and well!
One thing conservatives would be able to look forward to in November, should McCain win, is the specter of effete liberals like Nbadan scapegoating working-class white Democrats as racists who backstabbed the Obamessiah.

ChumpDumper
05-14-2008, 01:06 PM
The way things are playing out, Obama will struggle mightily in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida in November. How can a Democrat possibly win an election while losing those states?Great, winning the election will be so easy, the Republicans don't even have to go negative in their campaign!

MannyIsGod
05-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Republicans have serious serious serious problems right now. They just lost another special election in a district that should have been as safe as they come. And they lost by 10 points.

It really is shaping up as a monumental ass kicking this fall. I'm not going to worry about what states Obama may or may not carry until it is much closer to the election, but right now nothing the Republicans are doing as far as elections go make me even question how badly he will destroy McCain.

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Great, winning the election will be so easy, the Republicans don't even have to go negative in their campaign!

So you're admitting the democrats will go negative?

ChumpDumper
05-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Sure, but they will be spending most of their time dealing with the negative claims from Republicans.

Don Quixote
05-14-2008, 01:20 PM
You would think the Democrats are sitting ducks in the general election, and they might have been in a normal universe. They are divided racially and ideologically, and are unable to pick a clear nominee.

That said, the GOP is not exactly trotting Reagan out there themselves. McCain, for all his character and personal qualities, is almost liberal himself. So, not only can I imagine blue-collar "Reagan" Democrats not defecting to him, but I don't see a whole lot about McCain that liberals would object to, were he to get elected.

I still think the general election is HillBama's to lose.

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Sure, but they will be spending most of their time dealing with the negative claims from Republicans.

surely you're just describing what goes on in every election cycle all across the world, with both sides flinging mud, and instead of bitching about it.

ChumpDumper
05-14-2008, 01:25 PM
surely you're just describing what goes on in every election cycle all across the world, with both sides flinging mud, and instead of bitching about it.Can't it be both?

MaNuMaNiAc
05-14-2008, 01:25 PM
One thing conservatives would be able to look forward to in November, should McCain win, is the specter of effete liberals like Nbadan scapegoating working-class white Democrats as racists who backstabbed the Obamessiah.

Just wondering... so you don't believe racism is going to play a big part in the general election? I think that's a bit naive Extra. Racism hasn't gone anywhere, its just become politically incorrect. So much so that racists have become quite adept at hiding their racism. Now, I understand people that don't agree with Obama because of policy, but I'm pretty damn sure a large part of why Obama WILL lose the general elections is due to racism.

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 01:28 PM
When Barrack or his 527's throw a negative campaign ad, it wont be called mud slinging. It would be called hope slinging.

but when McCain throws a negative campaign ad, it will retain it's classic definition of "mud slinging", unless the democrats feel that term "mud slinging" has racial conatations, in which case the democrats will cut to calling McCain a racist.

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Just wondering... so you don't believe racism is going to play a big part in the general election? I think that's a bit naive Extra. Racism hasn't gone anywhere, its just become politically incorrect. So much so that racists have become quite adept at hiding their racism. Now, I understand people that don't agree with Obama because of policy, but I'm pretty damn sure a large part of why Obama WILL lose the general elections is due to racism.

Race is also a huge reason why he's the frontrunner. If you're going to use on issue to win, you must deal with all the consequences it comes with.

Barrack could have gone to a more left of center approach, but he's not helping himself.

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Can't it be both?

so you're admitting to bitching about the world going round and the seasons changing.

ChumpDumper
05-14-2008, 01:34 PM
so you're admitting to bitching about the world going round and the seasons changing.I've got no problem with the rotation of the earth and the tilt of its axis. I am very much for those.

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 01:43 PM
I've got no problem with the rotation of the earth and the tilt of its axis. I am very much for those.

seems more like you're problem lies with comprehending analogies.

smeagol
05-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Why is she still int he race?

What's her ultimate goal? Is this a way to force her way into the ticket as VP?

Manny, dan . . . your take please?

ChumpDumper
05-14-2008, 01:53 PM
seems more like you're problem lies with comprehending analogies.Persuasive as you may be, you can't convince me to be against the rotation and tilt of the earth. These beliefs are very important to me.

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Persuasive as you may be, you can't convince me to be against the rotation and tilt of the earth. These beliefs are very important to me.

WHy do you bitch about imagenary people against the rotation of the earth?

Yonivore
05-14-2008, 01:58 PM
:corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn:

She's in it to win it.

ChumpDumper
05-14-2008, 02:00 PM
WHy do you bitch about imagenary people against the rotation of the earth?I don't know of any people, real or imaginary, who are against it, but since you brought up the rotation of the earth for no particular reason I had to clarify my personal position about it.

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 02:00 PM
I just want to make it clear. I am for furry bunnies, and the earth is round theory. Hail my wisdom!

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 02:02 PM
I don't know of any people, real or imaginary, who are against it, but since you brought up the rotation of the earth for no particular reason I had to clarify my personal position about it.

seems more like you're problem lies with comprehending analogies.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-14-2008, 02:02 PM
yeah, racism isn't an issue in this election...

QU2sQ5ukOko

suuuure! it was the ears and the hairline that prompted the comparison... :lmao

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 02:03 PM
:corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn:

She's in it to win it.

you're right, and that's why it's easy to bait chumpadumper into stupid arguments.

ChumpDumper
05-14-2008, 02:05 PM
She certainly could be in it to win it. I don't see any way it could actually happen though.

Perhaps someone here could show us how the numbers could work.

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 02:08 PM
She certainly could be in it to win it. I don't see any way it could actually happen though.

seriously, though. Obama wont get to the 2025 without the votes of superdelegates. if by the end of the primary season, the split between the tally is within 80-20 points, hillary can use the demographics argument, the florida and michigan, and for the simple fact that obama can't win bellweathers and his point margin is superficial and is only a fraction of 1 percent.

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 02:10 PM
obama doesn't have it locked up.

the tally is so close, obama's negatives are so glaring that hillary has a good chance to steal the nomination.

Dim Tuncan
05-14-2008, 02:12 PM
GO HILLDOG GO! :lobt2:

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 02:12 PM
the only state obama has won convincingly is NC. hillary has won cali, texas, and newyork, wv, all convincingly.

ChumpDumper
05-14-2008, 02:14 PM
So does that mean Hillary will win Texas in the general election?

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 02:35 PM
So does that mean Hillary will win Texas in the general election?

No, but it does mean she can win ohio, florida, retain cali.

ChumpDumper
05-14-2008, 02:41 PM
NoOk.

I suppose it comes down how many Clinton supporters would not support Obama under any circumstances even though most of his policies are almost identical to hers.

Many Republicans here claim McCain will win easily either way, so I don't understand why they bother.

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Ok.

so now that you understand that neither candidate can win texas, you must now realize that other swing states with huge latino populations are at stake.

If Obamaist see the election as a foregone conclusion, why get so apprehensive if hillary is actually only running to pay off her debts.

ChumpDumper
05-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Right, why worry? McCain's got it in the bag.

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Right, why worry? McCain's got it in the bag.

Why bother if obama hasn't even won the primary definitavely?

xrayzebra
05-14-2008, 02:54 PM

Perhaps someone here could show us how the numbers could work.

It's called the Dimm-o-crap convention. Neither candidate, Obama or
Clinton will have a lock on anything until that convention occurs. The
Clintons are not stupid. Liars, cheats and conniving, but not stupid.
Obama's numbers on the different groups are just not that great or good.
He has made a lot of folks angry here in the past few months and his
lack of wins has shown that. And the internal numbers in polls show he
will have a hard time in the general election.

But Obama has a couple of things in his favor. One, he is black and no
one wants to be called a racist by voting against him, openly. Two.
McCain is ripping his drawers big time with lots of folks in the Republican
party with his stupid environmental crap and other utterances.

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 02:56 PM
We need to get rid of the electoral college, but keep the current superdelegate nomination process and caucus system.

ChumpDumper
05-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Why bother if obama hasn't even won the primary definitavely?Exactly. McCain 08.

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Exactly. McCain 08.

Thank you for proving me right.

ChumpDumper
05-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Thank you for proving me right.Thank you for agreeing with what I said first.

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Thank you for agreeing with what I said first.

McCain is the likely winner for prez i agree.:bking

xrayzebra
05-14-2008, 03:28 PM
McCain is the likely winner for prez i agree.:bking

I hope you are right, but he keeps talking and what he is saying sounds just
like the dimm-o-craps.

Ignignokt
05-14-2008, 03:39 PM
like the dimm-o-craps.

:lobt2: McCain is only pandering to the independents he's supposed to pander too. No surprises here.:lobt2:

Nbadan
05-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Why is she still int he race?

What's her ultimate goal? Is this a way to force her way into the ticket as VP?

Manny, dan . . . your take please?

She's obviously still trying for a brokered convention for a VP slot...but she keeps shooting herself in the foot attacking Obama...there's just no way that's gonna happen...also, she owes $20 million and counting, enough to cost her her Senate seat....so she's trying to extort money from the cash-rich Obama campaign while raising money from her delusional supporters...

Nbadan
05-19-2008, 02:14 AM
http://garlinggauge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/mc.jpg

"I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that anyone who supported me -- the 17 million people who have voted for me -- understand what a grave error it would be not to vote for Sen. McCain . . . uh, Sen. Obama, and against Sen. McCain,"

- Senator Hillary Clinton.

JoeChalupa
05-19-2008, 08:54 AM
like the dimm-o-craps.

McCain sound just like Bush and that is going to cost him. And don't forget though, he's YOUR candidate. If I were you I'd be glad he isn't your typical republicrap candidate.

xrayzebra
05-19-2008, 09:41 AM
McCain sound just like Bush and that is going to cost him. And don't forget though, he's YOUR candidate. If I were you I'd be glad he isn't your typical republicrap candidate.

He is not my candidate. Just the lesser of three evils.
I wont be voting for him but against your candidate. As a
matter of fact I am considering on voting for Obama and
let me do his thingy. But with a dimm-o-crap Congress
full of idiots, radicals and misfits I don't if our country
would survive. The dimms, the party of defeat.

ClingingMars
05-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Operation Chaos continues...

- Mars

Nbadan
05-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Operation Obama picks up 5 more supers today!

delegate watch (http://demconwatch.blogspot.com/2008/01/superdelegate-endorsement-notes.html)

JoeChalupa
05-19-2008, 04:50 PM
He is not my candidate. Just the lesser of three evils.
I wont be voting for him but against your candidate. As a
matter of fact I am considering on voting for Obama and
let me do his thingy. But with a dimm-o-crap Congress
full of idiots, radicals and misfits I don't if our country
would survive. The republicraps the party of defeat.

I fixed it for you or have you forgotten your party is 0-3 in special elections this year? Get used to it 'cause they'll be more repugnants losing in November.

Nbadan
05-20-2008, 09:13 AM
However, faced with growing pressure to drop out of the race, Sen. Clinton is getting hit with conflicting advice from within her own camp. Some of her top strategists are warning that she is injuring her political future by staying in. Others -- notably her husband, former President Bill Clinton, and strategist Mark Penn -- are urging her to remain in the race. She has beaten Sen. Barack Obama in key swing states, they argue.

...snip....

Inside her campaign, Sen. Clinton isn't asking for advice, forcing advisers to hold off discussions on what she wants from the process if she loses -- from dealing with campaign debt, to her role in an Obama bid for the White House. "The campaign has broken down to those who drink the Kool-Aid that Hillary can still win, and those who don't, and are considering their options," one operative said.

...snip....

In an effort to keep financial backers in the tent, Sen. Clinton hosted them at a cocktail party at her Washington, D.C., residence last week. When she came downstairs to greet the 50 or so guests, Sen. Clinton laid out how she could still win the nomination: Beat Sen. Obama in the popular vote, then persuade the superdelegates to vote for her on the theory that she would be better able to beat Sen. McCain in November. According to two attendees, she said, "I'd get out if I believed he had a better chance to win than I do."

Some big donors have told her campaign that it's getting tough to raise more money. "It's very difficult to get any new major donors at this point," said one important backer. "There will be no more million-dollar events."

Meantime, Roger Altman -- the investment banker and former deputy Treasury Secretary under Bill Clinton -- has advised Sen. Clinton that the time has come for her to drop out of the race, according to people close to the campaign.

Wall Street Journal (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121121426734803879.html?mod=hps_us_pageone)

She's delusional....

TWaL1XnUPN0