PDA

View Full Version : We are winning in 7

Amuseddaysleeper
05-14-2008, 10:43 AM
I also want this thread bumped after we close out the Hornets.

The_Game
05-14-2008, 10:45 AM
no chance

we have gotten blownout every game in New Orleans...there is no lock we will even win game 6

all_heart
05-14-2008, 10:45 AM
We have to win game 6 first, let's not get ahead of ourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amuseddaysleeper
05-14-2008, 10:46 AM
We've had a lead at halftime in every NO game.

Should this go to 7, I think SA knows it is do or die and will control the third quarter.

The Spurs need to just attack the rim. The Hornets getting 33 ft's didn't help to go along with David West's 38

LilMissSPURfect
05-14-2008, 10:49 AM
:flag:

all_heart
05-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Spurs need to attack the rim to score, they can't count on getting calls on the road. Sometimes when a team cranks up their D like the hornets they will get the benefit of the call/no-call. It's almost like the hornets are pacing them themselves in the first half. It's time the spurs take a 12+ lead into half time, leave the panicking to the hornets and see what happens, not to mention they could use a nice buffer to start the 3rd.

mytespurs
05-14-2008, 10:52 AM
What happens if we don't win Game 7? It doesn't look good considering they couldn't win Games 1, 2 and 5 in NO.

And I think we need to win a Game 6 before there can be a Game 7.

Jimcs50
05-14-2008, 10:55 AM
:jack

It is over...the Spurs need to retool...get some young blood in there and try next year....it was fun while it lasted, but all good things must end.

all_heart
05-14-2008, 10:57 AM
What happens if we don't win Game 7? It doesn't look good considering they couldn't win Games 1, 2 and 5 in NO.

And I think we need to win a Game 6 before there can be a Game 7.

We lose either game 6 or 7, it's obviously over... let these older guys retire and bring in a couple young guns, not too many or Pop will end up killing one of them :)
Not to mention you don't want to totally disrupt team chemistry.

all_heart
05-14-2008, 10:59 AM
:jack

It is over...the Spurs need to retool...get some young blood in there and try next year....it was fun while it lasted, but all good things must end.

Let the Spurs fight it out before we start talking like that, they deserve that much.:ihit

MadDog73
05-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Spurs win game 6. You can book that.

Game 7 will be fun.

Only an idiot would count out the Spurs now.

all_heart
05-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Yea, it will be fun if we win!! I don't take Spurs losing a playoff series very well. I will say that no matter what happens this year, I'm very optimistic about next years team, I mean our weaknesses are pretty obvious and we can only get better right?! Off topic but I really wish we held onto Scola, he might not save us this series but I like the fact he can score a little bit, unlike Fab... Sorry Fab.

lefty
05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
If we get a game 7, I like our chances.

Experience will be huge in a game 7.

dbreiden83080
05-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Spurs will win game 6. Duncan will play well as will Tony and Manu, may be close but we will get it done. If we apply the pressure i would not be shocked if NO packs it in. Feeling like "Well we have another home game to play so it's alright", we just have to get to game 7.

Supreme_Being
05-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Spurs will win game 6. Duncan will play well as will Tony and Manu, may be close but we will get it done. If we apply the pressure i would not be shocked if NO packs it in. Feeling like "Well we have another home game to play so it's alright", we just have to get to game 7.

Is that wishful thinking?

TampaDude
05-14-2008, 03:04 PM

Yup...that and 3 days rest...Game 7 is scheduled for Monday. I know the Spurs have looked, how shall I say it, less than inspiring on the road in this series, but all bets are off in a Game 7.

Gotta win Game 6, though...I'm pretty sure the Spurs will...NO is as bad on the road as we are... :toast

dbreiden83080
05-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Is that wishful thinking?

What else are we left with at this point??

td4mvp21
05-14-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm sick of these predictions...I'm sick of hearing how the Spurs' experience will get them wins, I'm sick of hearing how the Spurs will recognize the importance of a Game 7. They didn't play with any sense of urgency last night and they rolled over and died in a Game 5as pivatol as could be. We have looked like the inexperienced, rookie team against the inexperienced, rookie team. We may win Game 6 but we'll just lose in Game 7 I think.

lefty
05-14-2008, 04:25 PM

Just to clarify my point: if we play shitty basketball like we did in game 5, experience won't do much

dbreiden83080
05-14-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm sick of these predictions...I'm sick of hearing how the Spurs' experience will get them wins, I'm sick of hearing how the Spurs will recognize the importance of a Game 7. They didn't play with any sense of urgency last night and they rolled over and died in a Game 5as pivatol as could be. We have looked like the inexperienced, rookie team against the inexperienced, rookie team. We may win Game 6 but we'll just lose in Game 7 I think.

Well as a fan you have keep believing in your guys until it is all over. It is hard right now, i was furious after the loss last night but we are heading home. We take care of business then we have one last shot to put these guys away on their floor. This has been a tough series to watch and a really hard one to figure out. Just when i think the Spurs are where they need to be they lay a fucking egg. NO thought they had us beat then got smoked twice in SA now they came right back, who knows. Gotta try and stay as positive as you can though.

td4mvp21
05-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Well as a fan you have keep believing in your guys until it is all over. It is hard right now, i was furious after the loss last night but we are heading home. We take care of business then we have one last shot to put these guys away on their floor. This has been a tough series to watch and a really hard one to figure out. Just when i think the Spurs are where they need to be they lay a fucking egg. NO thought they had us beat then got smoked twice in SA now they came right back, who knows. Gotta try and stay as positive as you can though.

I realize that, and I'm not going to give up on them. I think we can win Game 6, but I think if we were going to win this series we would be in control of it instead of playing catchup. But the thing that pisses me off is the word experience-sometimes, in this case, it doesn't matter. The Spurs have shown none of it at all this series and it's fucking infuriating.

ecksodia
05-14-2008, 04:34 PM
I still believe!

Honestly speaking though, I haven't seen the Spurs at their best on the road, which I think will be good enough to win. That, and if we force a game 7 experience will be HUGE.

So okay, NO is making experience look overrated. But a game 7 is a game 7. There wasn't a game 7 on the road in recent memory.. granted, the idea of winning an important road game to fire up the Spurs doesn't hold much ground in lieu of the game 5 loss, but game 7 is different. It truly is must win.

ecksodia
05-14-2008, 04:35 PM
there wasn't a game 7 on the road (for us)*

dbreiden83080
05-14-2008, 04:35 PM
I realize that, and I'm not going to give up on them. I think we can win Game 6, but I think if we were going to win this series we would be in control of it instead of playing catchup. But the thing that pisses me off is the word experience-sometimes, in this case, it doesn't matter. The Spurs have shown none of it at all this series and it's fucking infuriating.

The bottom line is these 2 teams are very evenly matched. They have some match-up problems they give us. People are too quick to jump all over a blowout and say "We lost because we had no intensity" You can be intense and still execute like shit. I have no idea which Spurs team is showing up tomorrow night, it is anybody's guess.

HornetGumboBalls
05-14-2008, 04:39 PM
I also want this thread bumped after we close out the Hornets

delusional. You've made "The List"... just wait.

BRHornet45
05-14-2008, 05:25 PM

son you should do stand up comedy

VinnyTestesVerde
05-14-2008, 05:27 PM
no chance

we have gotten blownout every game in New Orleans...there is no lock we will even win game 6

what's past is prologue :makemyday

Galileo
05-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Duncan will lead the Spurs to the promised land.

Indazone
05-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Spurs will win in 7 as long as Joey Crawford doesn't come near a basketball court with the Spurs playing on it.

lefty
05-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Spurs will win in 7 as long as Joey Crawford doesn't come near a basketball court with the Spurs playing on it.

True.

But Pop pissed him off at the end of the 1st Q.

That was really dumb:bang

Deb
05-14-2008, 07:38 PM
For some reason, I just have no doubts that we will still take it. We've been here before, so why stop believing now? After all, this isn't any "push over" team we're playing, and we have really, really sucked several quarters of this series, so I think they will nut up and get it done.
:flag::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Brutalis
05-14-2008, 07:40 PM
We'll come back in the 4th after another bad 3rd in game 7 to take the series and I will have done pissed myself.

Princess Pimp
05-14-2008, 07:47 PM
:nope

Avitus1
05-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Spurs in 7!

GrandeDavid
05-14-2008, 08:29 PM
We've had a lead at halftime in every NO game.

Should this go to 7, I think SA knows it is do or die and will control the third quarter.

The Spurs need to just attack the rim. The Hornets getting 33 ft's didn't help to go along with David West's 38

And maybe next time Pop will stop with the stubborn, brain freeze routine and actually call an effing timeout to at least stunt New Orleans' momentum when the 3rd quarter bomb is still in the air instead of waiting until the Spurs are down by double digits.

bigfundamental21
05-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Spurs win game 6. You can book that.

Game 7 will be fun.

Only an idiot would count out the Spurs now.

HELL YEAH!!!! Let's do this! :flag:

Avitus1
05-16-2008, 12:33 AM
Spurs in 7!!!

hsxvvd
05-20-2008, 07:23 AM
bump.

peewee's lovechild
05-20-2008, 07:26 AM
no chance

This fucker should just get banned.

I love the faith this douche has in our team.

peewee's lovechild
05-20-2008, 07:27 AM
son you should do stand up comedy

You're pathetic, son!!!

peewee's lovechild
05-20-2008, 07:27 AM
:nope

:lmao

hsxvvd
05-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Care to enlighten us with your WCF predictions Louis?

awktalk
05-20-2008, 07:36 AM
We'll come back in the 4th after another bad 3rd in game 7 to take the series and I will have done pissed myself.

Not exactly, but did you need a spare pair of tighty-whities at the bar where you watched the game?

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

awktalk
05-20-2008, 07:38 AM
no chance

Stay off the bandwagon. We don't need fans like you.