PDA

View Full Version : Artest Speaks the Truth on KG!!!

ctown916
05-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Artest: Celts Garnett a quiet little puppy

Ron Artest, appearing as a guest on FSN's "Best Damn Sports Show Period," on who is the most overrated player in the NBA, after Gary Payton suggested its Kevin Garnett: ?The only thing I have a problem with KG is when he?s down, I want to see him show the same fire as when he?s up?.When you?re down, I want to see you show the same fire and lose going down like that. Don?t lose like a quiet little puppy.? -- Best Damn Sports Show Period

Thats the truth right there...

lefty
05-14-2008, 11:34 AM
I agree.

KG acts like an ass when his team is winning, but puts his head in his rectum when his team is being destroyed.

JamStone
05-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Very few players in the league aren't down when they lose. Very few act obnoxious and defiant. Only ones I can think of that consistently act that way are Allen Iverson and Rasheed Wallace. Not even guys like Kobe or Duncan or Shaq and LeBron, who have the most success in the league, consistently act defiant in the face of defeat.

lefty
05-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Very few players in the league aren't down when they lose. Very few act obnoxious and defiant. Only ones I can think of that consistently act that way are Allen Iverson and Rasheed Wallace. Not even guys like Kobe or Duncan or Shaq and LeBron, who have the most success in the league, consistently act defiant in the face of defeat.

:tu

xtremesteven33
05-14-2008, 11:48 AM
i think what he means to say is he isnt clutch or doesnt will his team to victory when they are losing in crunch time.

hater
05-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Very few players in the league aren't down when they lose. Very few act obnoxious and defiant. Only ones I can think of that consistently act that way are Allen Iverson and Rasheed Wallace.

Add Manu and Horry to that list.

For some reason Duncan does not make that list.

theMUHMEshow
05-14-2008, 12:49 PM
link?

SAtown
05-14-2008, 12:55 PM
OP might just be quoting what Artest said on the BDSSP.

Thunder Dan
05-14-2008, 01:18 PM
what is with the question marks?

ctown916
05-14-2008, 02:08 PM
link?

I dont have the link. Go to foxsports.com and it has it there. Plus i watched it on TV. Im sure other people can confirm.

jack sommerset
05-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Someone actuallly thinks Artest has a good opinion . Now thats f-ing FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNY

ctown916
05-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Someone actuallly thinks Artest has a good opinion . Now thats f-ing FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNY

Ok so why dont you play devils advocate to Artests opinion. What Artest said is the truth. Why is it "f-ing" funny to agree with someone whos speaking the truth? Please elaborate.

stretch
05-14-2008, 04:49 PM

gay.

Cry Havoc
05-14-2008, 04:59 PM

There's a difference, though.

I have NEVER seen KG exert his will on a huge playoff game when his team is down by 3-4 possessions. He tucks up and starts shooting jumpers.

I have NEVER seen Garnett just absolutely take over a series and FORCE teams to stop him. I thought I would see that the time he made the WCF, but then he ran into Duncan and that was an entire set of other problems.

If Garnett is really as good as billed, he should be absolutely dominating these playoffs with the team around him. Instead, his best record in the league Celts are in danger of falling to a one-man team.

I want to see KG nut up and just absolutely destroy the opposition when his team is down in a clutch situation. That's what DEFINES a great player. A HOFer. Any all-time great you've ever seen has done it several times. KG's book of legendary comebacks and gut-wrenching, intestinal fortitude packed, awe-inspiring playoff performances isn't even a page long.

To be honest, Duncan has sucked these playoffs as well. Both of the "best PFs of our time" look completely human and stoppable this year. Sad.

jack sommerset
05-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Ok....
Artest is wrong.KG plays hard all the time. KG practices hard all the time.KG is a HOF. KG was stuck in Wolves land with nobody around him and made playoffs often. Made it to the Western championship with Sprewell and Sam Cassel.

Now he has good players with him and one season they have best record. Infact Celtics have the best turnaround in NBA history. KG made the ALL Star team again, Defensive All Star team and was mentioned in the top 5 for league MVP of the season. He is known for tough play.

Artest is a f-ing idiot and this yet another example. Sure if Artest said " I watched the weather last night and it said it was going to rain" I may listen to him. When he knocks down a player with the character that KG has it makes me laugh that anyone would even want to talk about it. Artest is wrong.

jack sommerset
05-14-2008, 05:01 PM
gay.

Gay

ctown916
05-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Ok....
Artest is wrong.KG plays hard all the time. KG practices hard all the time.KG is a HOF. KG was stuck in Wolves land with nobody around him and made playoffs often. Made it to the Western championship with Sprewell and Sam Cassel.

Now he has good players with him and one season they have best record. Infact Celtics have the best turnaround in NBA history. KG made the ALL Star team again, Defensive All Star team and was mentioned in the top 5 for league MVP of the season. He is known for tough play.

Artest is a f-ing idiot and this yet another example. Sure if Artest said " I watched the weather last night and it said it was going to rain" I may listen to him. When he knocks down a player with the character that KG has it makes me laugh that anyone would even want to talk about it. Artest is wrong.

And yet being the 'Leader" of this team they have managed to go 0-5 on the road in these playoffs. Losing 3 games to the Hawks? Who werent even over .500? Garnett is a real good player ill give you that. But come on he has never willed a team to an important victory. Character? Have you seen how much he talks and pounds his chest and constantly tries to intimidate people? Oh my bad thats only when theyre winning...When theyre losing he disapears. Its a fact. If it wasnt he would have alot more on his resume then being to the conference finals just once in his "great" career. Maybe you should stop slurping KG and realize hes a good player but not great.

jack sommerset
05-14-2008, 05:59 PM
And yet being the 'Leader" of this team they have managed to go 0-5 on the road in these playoffs. Losing 3 games to the Hawks? Who werent even over .500? Garnett is a real good player ill give you that. But come on he has never willed a team to an important victory. Character? Have you seen how much he talks and pounds his chest and constantly tries to intimidate people? Oh my bad thats only when theyre winning...When theyre losing he disapears. Its a fact. If it wasnt he would have alot more on his resume then being to the conference finals just once in his "great" career. Maybe you should stop slurping KG and realize hes a good player but not great.

HAHAHAHAHA. You are a idiot. Its time someone tells you. Its time you relize it. He is a HOF. I'm not going to talk about one mans stupidity on this subject. Yours! He is a HOF. Accept it. Means he is great. Not good loser.

Its funny you bring up this playoffs idiot. They are STILL in the playoffs!! Oh and its because of KG.

You go jerk off to Artest you f-ing idiot. Now STFU!

Indazone
05-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Detroit is going to win the East. Celtics are overrated.

mystargtr34
05-14-2008, 07:37 PM

If you think yelling and swearing at a ref and getting tossed when your team is down in an important game then yea hes defiant in the face of defeat.

mystargtr34
05-14-2008, 07:40 PM
HAHAHAHAHA. You are a idiot. Its time someone tells you. Its time you relize it. He is a HOF. I'm not going to talk about one mans stupidity on this subject. Yours! He is a HOF. Accept it. Means he is great. Not good loser.

Its funny you bring up this playoffs idiot. They are STILL in the playoffs!! Oh and its because of KG.

Whats KG done to deserve HOF status... hes put up great stats.

And you blame his poor team in the Wolves days, maybe thats why he put up those great stats he had the ball ni his hands every single time and made every play... but couldnt get them to win.

pauls931
05-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Ok....

Two words. Eastern Conference. Garnette wanted nothing to do with going to a western team.

jack sommerset
05-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Whats KG done to deserve HOF status... hes put up great stats.

And you blame his poor team in the Wolves days, maybe thats why he put up those great stats he had the ball ni his hands every single time and made every play... but couldnt get them to win.

HOF is mainly about stats and he has them. You can watch him play and see he is better than 95% of the players out there. He has a all around game.Lots of great players never won a championships and are still considered HOF.

jack sommerset
05-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Two words. Eastern Conference. Garnette wanted nothing to do with going to a western team.

Two Names

Shaq and Duncan

They won 8 out of the last 9 titles.

NBA Junkie
05-14-2008, 08:24 PM

Phoenix was his first choice in a trade scenario, but the Suns weren't willing to part with Amare in any trades that were supposedly proposed.

endrity
05-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Two Names

Shaq and Duncan

They won 8 out of the last 9 titles.

pretty much

Many guys will retire ringless because of those two, just like they did with Jordan.

pauls931
05-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Phoenix was his first choice in a trade scenario, but the Suns weren't willing to part with Amare in any trades that were supposedly proposed.

That might have been a pretty good trade. I heard about it but didn't know if it was true. Amare has more room to grow, but garnett plays much better defense. Knowing Phoenix wanted to win now seems like they would've bit on that.

ctown916
05-14-2008, 10:40 PM

Ok first off re-read your post...What are you trying to say? You cant spell and you cant put a sentence together and i really dont know what it is youre trying to say.. KG is a good player, he is a hall of famer i never said he wasnt. Im just agreeing with Ron Artest on this one. when KG is winning hes pumped up and very psyched. But when theyre losing he gets real quiet and starts shooting nothing but fade away jumpers. Can you name a series in which he took over and dominated? can you name a series where he willed his team to a win? Has he ever led his team to the finals? Can you please answer those questions for me?

Armando
05-14-2008, 10:47 PM
That might have been a pretty good trade. I heard about it but didn't know if it was true. Amare has more room to grow, but garnett plays much better defense. Knowing Phoenix wanted to win now seems like they would've bit on that.

From what I heard KG nixed that deal because of Amare. He wanted to play with Stoudemire.

Armando
05-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Ok first off re-read your post...What are you trying to say? You cant spell and you cant put a sentence together and i really dont know what it is youre trying to say.. KG is a good player, he is a hall of famer i never said he wasnt. Im just agreeing with Ron Artest on this one. when KG is winning hes pumped up and very psyched. But when theyre losing he gets real quiet and starts shooting nothing but fade away jumpers. Can you name a series in which he took over and dominated? can you name a series where he willed his team to a win? Has he ever led his team to the finals? Can you please answer those questions for me?

KG is a good player he is just not the type of player to take over a game night in and night out.

TampaDude
05-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Detroit is going to win the East. Celtics are overrated.

QFT

mojorizen7
05-15-2008, 01:28 AM
If i had to go to war on the basketball court in a 3 on 3 tourney tomorrow i'd take Kobe and Artest.

mojorizen7
05-15-2008, 01:52 AM
3 on 3 tournament I would take Shaq and Howard:toast Neither could be stopped around the basket
Hack-a-Shaq with Artest could get ugly though.