PDA

View Full Version : Believe!

phr3ak
05-14-2008, 01:50 PM
You gotta give NO credit for the great defense they played on the 3rd. quarter. Different from the first two games when our offense just died.. this time NO played great D and you have to give them the credit they deserve.

It's still a 7 game series, and the SPURS have been in this situation before. If it wasn't for Manu's foul on Dirk we would probably be shooting for tittle No. 6.

We need to play our game. Slow paced. I liked how we defended in Game 5. West was just unstoppable, but he was the only Hornet to contribute in a big way offensively. The rest of the cast were just ok. I may like to see Oberto start game 6. He deserves it. He's had a better series than Thomas. He's great at trash talking and getting into your head. I know West is to good for Oberto, but in Game 4 he really helped and West admitted Oberto got him mentally.

I don't like how we're depending only with 3's. Specially with TP or Manu. Bowen should be the only one shooting 3 (also Finley, Barry and Horry when of the bench). I will admit they did a great job on Parker on Game 5, forcing him and pushing him all the game, but his game is to penetrate. As so is Manu. When TD doesn't have the ball, push the ball to the rim and try to get the foul. That's how we slow the game. That's how we beat NO. We have probably the best two penetrators in the league and we're wasting their abilities. It's like Greg Anthony was saying a couple of days ago comparing a "pure" shooter against a "good" shooter. "Good" shooters are the ones that make the same shots they are used to make. You are not a bad shooter because you don't make jumpers or any other shot that you're not used to making, you're a good shooter because you make the shoots you make almost all the time. It's all about probability and decision making. Reduce the margin of error.

With TD. I know the strategy is to double team him. But he needs to be more aggressive. In Game 5 he had several opportunities to show his real offensive game, but he waited too much to attack Chandler. He needs to be quicker when attacking. For us to be successful in Game 6 we need a more aggressive Duncan.

I understand our team is slower and the NO have the pieces to beat us. But we have shown throughout the years that we have heart. The series is still not over. We have to take Game 6 with full energy. Let's play SPURS basketball. Let's show NO why we are the defending champ. Why we are the Quiet Dynasty.

GO SPURS GO!