PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Frost Bank BBQ commercial

NeoConIV
01-23-2005, 10:04 PM
What happened to the Willie Nelson ones? Why they keep playing these square suits babbling about BBQ when they could be playing Willie?

So annoying when I'm watching my Spurs.

timvp
01-23-2005, 11:42 PM
Talking about commercial, WHAT THE H3LL does Manu say in that Christus Santa Rosa commercial at the very end? He says something like, "the Spurs and Christus Santa Rosa bashdfwoiaoibaowefawofnadf".

I can't make it out. Any help?

Shelly
01-23-2005, 11:51 PM
I hate the latest SBC commercial. The music is the same song I have as my ringer on my land line. Everytime I hear it, I start looking for my phone.

Bastards.

T Park
01-23-2005, 11:59 PM
what about the damn Terri Clark Dodge commercials.

Shit, lets mix it up with a Tim Duncan HEB Commercial, we dont see them alot either :rolleyes

its like they get 5 commercials, and THATS ALL THEY ARE PLAYIN!!

Unreal.

Ignite
01-24-2005, 12:04 AM
At least Terri Clark didn't break off her engagement...

Jekka
01-24-2005, 12:20 AM
I hate that commercial almost as much as I hate the damn Whataburger and Taco Cabana commercials with the I-sound-like-I'm-about-to-croak narrators.

manustarting2gd
01-24-2005, 12:40 AM
What about the World Park(i think) commercial with that hot young big breasted latina ..DAYUM! I love her!

gophergeorge
01-24-2005, 02:08 AM
I miss the "I promise to eat more chicken fried steak...."

baseline bum
01-24-2005, 02:10 AM
I miss the "I promise to eat more chicken fried steak...."

LMAO! Man, that's classic.... makes me wanna jump on a plane and head to Tip Top tomorrow. :fro

travis2
01-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Talking about commercial, WHAT THE H3LL does Manu say in that Christus Santa Rosa commercial at the very end? He says something like, "the Spurs and Christus Santa Rosa bashdfwoiaoibaowefawofnadf".

I know...he sounds like he's got something in his mouth the whole time.

I don't know the entire phrase...but it starts "un claro ...."

So he's saying "a clear...." something...

Taco
01-24-2005, 08:42 AM
Sonic commercials suck!!!

SpursWoman
01-24-2005, 08:58 AM

:lmao :lmao

Everytime I see that one, I concentrate really, really hard at the end trying to figure out what he's saying....and still haven't been able to figure it out.

:wtf :lol

Ignite
01-24-2005, 09:05 AM
I love those sonic commercials with those two guys.

"bacon growers association of america" LOL

CosmicCowboy
01-24-2005, 09:20 AM
I wouldn't trust any of those tools in suits to cook my brisket...but the "fat side up" or "fat side down" brisket debate IS a classic...

SpursWoman
01-24-2005, 09:26 AM
Fat side UP. :lol

KEDA
01-24-2005, 09:33 AM
fat side up!

AlamoSpursFan
01-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Fat side down for about an hour then flip it.

And if you cook brisket in the oven, you should be shot. Or at least excommunicated to Kansas.

:lol

Useruser666
01-24-2005, 10:43 AM
The most unintentionaly funny commercial I have every seen is that Jimmy Dean breakfast biscut commercial that's been airing recently.

They have a woman going over the ingredients and where they come form.

"The eggs come from chickens..." Ok nothing wrong there.

"The cheese comes from cows...." Ok, I guess that is true.

"And the sausage comes from Jimmy Dean!" WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY!

THE SAUSAGE COMES FROM WHAT/WHO????!!!!!!!!!!! :VOMIT !!!!!!!

CosmicCowboy
01-24-2005, 11:38 AM
Fat side down and cook it VEEEEERY slow with lots of smoke...

gophergeorge
01-24-2005, 12:19 PM
Sonic commercials suck!!!

Tell me about it.... I quit eating at Sonic because of those two fools...

Jimcs50
01-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Bank Forum

Clandestino
01-24-2005, 03:41 PM
What about the World Park(i think) commercial with that hot young big breasted latina ..DAYUM! I love her!

man, i love that one too!!!

Shelly
01-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Tell me about it.... I quit eating at Sonic because of those two fools...

Oh, come on! Who doesn't love peaches, bass and jelly???

Sheesh!

manustarting2gd
01-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Hey Clan, that chick is smokin' huh bro..I can see why they selected her over those washed up news anchors from yesteryear... lol. BOING!

Yonivore
01-24-2005, 05:56 PM
"bacon growers association of america"
They wouldn't have you!

FromWayDowntown
01-24-2005, 06:37 PM
I know...he sounds like he's got something in his mouth the whole time.

I don't know the entire phrase...but it starts "un claro ...."

So he's saying "a clear...." something...

I thought it was "un claro ganador," (something like "a clear winner") but I'm not sure that my guess makes any grammatical sense.

T Park
01-24-2005, 07:31 PM
At least Terri Clark didn't break off her engagement...

WTF is that supposed to mean?

johnny00
01-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Hey, more props to the KIA chick,that babe is smokin'!!!!!! SCHAAWWWIINNGG!!!
Best melons on the tube!!

Clandestino
01-24-2005, 08:42 PM
Hey, more props to the KIA chick,that babe is smokin'!!!!!! SCHAAWWWIINNGG!!!
Best melons on the tube!!

haha... i never even knew she was talking about kia's.. all i see when watch that commercial is the pink sweater! haha...

man, i may need to buy a kia next! haha....

NeoConIV
01-24-2005, 11:58 PM
I got busted by the wife staring at that damn Kia lady while she was talking to me...luckily she let me off easy. Whew!!

Those naturals BTW? Look real to me.

NeoConIV
01-25-2005, 12:00 AM
THE SAUSAGE COMES FROM WHAT/WHO????!!!!!!!!!!! :VOMIT !!!!!!!
:lol

no kidding man.

travis2
01-25-2005, 07:44 AM
I thought it was "un claro ganador," (something like "a clear winner") but I'm not sure that my guess makes any grammatical sense.

hmmmm...you're right. That may well be what he said...but to be grammatically correct, it would have to be "un ganador claro".

Which is definitely not what he said...

Drachen
01-25-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah, the new kia girl is smoking, I mean its like she cant fit them into her shirt. Lovely. Oh and fat side up, so it can melt and trickle through the meat, giving it more flavor.

Samurai Jane
01-25-2005, 03:03 PM
hmmmm...you're right. That may well be what he said...but to be grammatically correct, it would have to be "un ganador claro".

Which is definitely not what he said...

Considering they were doing that Tex-Mex thing of speaking Engish and Spanish together, I don't think grammar would be a big issue here.

travis2
01-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Considering they were doing that Tex-Mex thing of speaking Engish and Spanish together, I don't think grammar would be a big issue here.

You! Quit using logic!

CosmicCowboy
01-25-2005, 03:27 PM
Oh and fat side up, so it can melt and trickle through the meat, giving it more flavor.

actually in my opinion you have the flavor theory correct but the process wrong...the juices don't go into the meat by gravity...when you cook them fat side down the juices rise up through the meat as the heat migrates up dissolving the collagen strands, relaxing the muscle tissue and drawing the moisture in by cappilary action...it depends on the pit design but the bottom side is usually the hotter side and cooking it fat side down gets the fat hotter and also protects the meat from the drying effect of the semi direct heat...

Drachen
01-25-2005, 03:30 PM
At the very least, Im sure that most of us (the smart ones) can agree, no gas. (sorry king of the hill)

CosmicCowboy
01-25-2005, 04:03 PM
At the very least, Im sure that most of us (the smart ones) can agree, no gas. (sorry king of the hill)

I barbeque/smoke with oak, mesquite, or pecan depending on what I am cooking but actually prefer to do steaks, pork chops, tenderloins etc. on my Weber Genesis grill...the drips on the flavorizer bars still provide plenty of smoke and I can cook them faster and hotter (thus juicier) than I can on charcoal/coals...it can cook at 700 degrees without flaring up...

SpursWoman
01-25-2005, 04:10 PM
I've made some awesome briskets on a gas grill....I wrap it in about 3 or 4 layers of foil and cook it for 2 hours on each side on low flame. Fat side up, first. :lol

I'm too lazy to maintain the charcoal....it's too much work. I'd just as soon throw it in the oven. :lol

Useruser666
01-25-2005, 04:16 PM
I usually start my barbeque by getting into my truck and driving to Bill Millers. I then slowly and carefully pay the drive through person and go home and eat it.