PDA

View Full Version : No Matter What Happens The Rest Of This Series...

yomama21
05-14-2008, 04:50 PM
The spurs need to unload everyone on the team except for the big three. Agree?

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Yes, we need to unload Bowen.

yomama21
05-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Yes, we need to unload Bowen.

On second thought, maybe we keep him too.....just him though.

xtremesteven33
05-14-2008, 04:53 PM
splitter,bonner for RON ARTEST

Man of Steel
05-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Gotta keep Mighty Mouse, Jacque Vaughn, and the Red Rocket,

Dex
05-14-2008, 05:24 PM
And Barry.

And Finley and Thomas and Udoka.

And Oberto.

We should definitely get rid of the mopkids though.

tp2021
05-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Get rid of Horry, Finley, JV, MM. Perhaps keep Oberto and Thomas to help hold the fort in the lineup until Ian/Tiago are ready to produce. Try out Barry and Bonner to see if they have anything to offer. If not, trade them. So, the only ones to keep for sure are the starting 5 and Udoka.

Nbadan
05-14-2008, 05:38 PM
If the Spurs could find someone to consistently hit their outside shots these same eggheads who want big changes would be praising the Spurs today....that said, Barry, Bonner, Stoudamire, and Horry seem the most likely to be vulnerable....

SnakeBoy
05-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Big three aside I think we'll keep Bowen, Vaughn, Udoka, Bonner. I think that's it...

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

urunobili
05-14-2008, 07:04 PM
i'd like to keep Ime though

Yuixafun
05-14-2008, 07:21 PM
TD,TP,Manu,Bowen,Ime,Oberto... Barry

peace to the rest.

mystargtr34
05-14-2008, 07:24 PM
I think we should looks for a big bodied atheltic energy guy in the draft who can defend quicker Power Forwards... someone like Ronny Turiaf with maybe a bit more game.

Someone to defend the likes of Stoudemire and West... Oberto and Thomas are Centers in Power Forwards bodies, they cant defend the quicker guys. Wed even struggle to guard guys like Odom if we made it to the next round.

Maybe Udonis Haslem if the Heat draft Beasley, they would listen to offers..

mystargtr34
05-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Anyway, i think Bonner needs to go... teams will still be keen on him given hes relatively young and can hit the 3 at 6'10" and can rebound a little....

MM is out no question.

Horry will retire

I think Fin has run his course here, but i can see Pop giving him a 1 year deal but i doubt he takes that.

Avitus1
05-14-2008, 07:32 PM
MM needs to go he sucks

Horry's better years are behind him.

Finley should go back to Dallas they are rebuilding his time is done here.

Barry will retire.

Thats about it

Brutalis
05-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Horry and Finley retire I bet.

Bonner is history, no use for him and his college style.

Damon is gone, and JV will be back I bet, not many backup PGs to pick from. Oberto I was told is signed through next year.

Capt Bringdown
05-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Since we've been told again and again that it takes players at least a year to learn and adjust to the Spurs system, that means next year is a rebuilding year, right?

So were 2 years away from being able to compete for the title again? I'd hate to think how slow Duncan will be in a couple of years.

Just wondering if people realize that this might be the beginning of the end this year...

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Horry and Finley retire I bet.

Bonner is history, no use for him and his college style.

Damon is gone, and JV will be back I bet, not many backup PGs to pick from. Oberto I was told is signed through next year.

Agreed on everything.

Twisted_Dawg
05-14-2008, 08:33 PM
The Spurs also need to unload the player personnel decision making from whomever has screwed up things since the Summer of 2003. Think about it, we only have three players on our team we have drafted since drafting Duncan. We chase Jason Kidd and pass on Barbosa and Josh Howard. Kidd stiffs us and we overpay Dogsho Nesterovic. We trade (give away) Scola to Houston. We sign a stiff like Bonner for the same money paid Scola. We have no young athletic players that have been on the team ready to plug into the rotation.

Not sure who is to blame....Pop...R.C.....combination thereof. But things have got to change. We cannot continue this horrible course.

SenorSpur
05-14-2008, 08:37 PM
I think we should looks for a big bodied atheltic energy guy in the draft who can defend quicker Power Forwards... someone like Ronny Turiaf with maybe a bit more game.

Someone to defend the likes of Stoudemire and West... Oberto and Thomas are Centers in Power Forwards bodies, they cant defend the quicker guys. Wed even struggle to guard guys like Odom if we made it to the next round.

Maybe Udonis Haslem if the Heat draft Beasley, they would listen to offers..

Love Ronny Turiaf. I believe he'd be a perfect fit.

lefty
05-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Bring :

White

Mahinmi

Splitter

I would LOVE to have Fisher as a backup, but he has to stay in L.A for his daughter

lefty
05-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Love Ronny Turiaf. I believe he'd be a perfect fit.

We have better looking cheerleaders

mystargtr34
05-14-2008, 08:51 PM
But our cheerleaders cant defend the likes of Stoudemire, West and co.

Heck no one on our roster can

lefty
05-14-2008, 08:57 PM
But our cheerleaders cant defend the likes of Stoudemire, West and co.

Heck no one on our roster can

They can if they flash their boobs.

It wouldn't work with Oberto or KT

rAm
05-14-2008, 09:07 PM

You ever heard of two boys named Mahinmi and Splitter?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-14-2008, 09:38 PM
My guess at next year's squad:

Duncan
Manu
Parker
Udoka
Bowen
Vaughn
Splitter
Ian
Sanikidze
Thomas
Barry

one of
Kelenna Azuibuike
Mickael Pietrus
Matt Barnes
Ron Artest

PG: Parker, Barry, Vaughn
SG: Azuibuike, Manu, Barry
SF: Bowen, Udoka, Sanikidze
PF: TD, Ian
C: Thomas, Splitter

yomama21
05-14-2008, 09:44 PM
all I know is if they keep drafting these old farts and foreigners in which we have to wait years for them to come over I'm gonna be highly pissed!

lefty
05-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Pietrus?

I like that

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Pietrus?

I like that

I'm guessing it will be of the three Warrior kids. Pietrus, Barnes, or Azuibuike. Kelenna is the only one who's a true SG, and will come cheaper, so he makes more sense from a player standpoint.

I also think Sanikidze is going to be our sleeper long SF. He'll be out of his contract this summer and free to come to the U.S., and he's looked good in summer league (I know that isn't much but...).

So given that, we're set at SF (Bowen, Udoka, Sanikidze). Neither Barnes or Pietrus are true shooting guards so Kelenna makes more sense from that perspective, or else all we have is an aging Manu backed up by an aging Barry at SG.

There's always the draft too, maybe Lindsey can actually find us a wing player worth a damn in the draft (it's about time he does something right for us).

my2sons
05-14-2008, 10:03 PM
The spurs need to unload everyone on the team except for the big three. Agree?

lets start with you

jag
05-14-2008, 10:05 PM
My guess at next year's squad:

Duncan
Manu
Parker
Udoka
Bowen
Vaughn
Splitter
Ian
Sanikidze
Thomas
Barry

one of
Kelenna Azuibuike
Mickael Pietrus
Matt Barnes
Ron Artest

PG: Parker, Barry, Vaughn
SG: Azuibuike, Manu, Barry
SF: Bowen, Udoka, Sanikidze
PF: TD, Ian
C: Thomas, Splitter

Will we have the money to pay the likes of Artest?

jag
05-14-2008, 10:12 PM
And i like the Idea of Matt Barnes over Sanikidze at SF.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Will we have the money to pay the likes of Artest?

By my math we're going to be about 3 mil under the actual salary cap going into this summer (53.6 mil + a couple of fillers for empty roster spots).

I suspect Artest is going to command big dollars but of we cap out we can offer the midlevel exception, so if there's any way to get him with that we could.

That said, I don't think we will, Artest will command more than that and we don't really need another SF IMO (will already have Bowen, Udoka, and my guess... Sanikidze).

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-14-2008, 10:14 PM
And i like the Idea of Matt Barnes over Sanikidze at SF.

I just have a hunch we'll be bringing over Sanikidze, that's all.