PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's car got rear ended on the way home?

angel_luv
05-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Yes, that would be me.

It happened at a traffic light. The light turned green but the car in front of me was slow to move- the driver was fiddling with the radio dial or something.

I was just sitting there, patiently waiting, when bam I feel an impact.

The car in front of me has moved by this point so I drive through the light and pull over to a safe lane where I am sure the offending driver is going to come and make sure that I and my vehicle are okay.

Not so much. He drives right past me, slowing long enough to glare at me as if I am in the wrong and then blazes off.
If that is not an admission of guilt, I don't know what is.

What I think happened is that the driver who hit me did not see the car in front of me since the hit and run driver had a small car and my Nissan Xterra was blocking the view of the little car in front of me.

I think that the hit and run driver felt that I was the one lingering needlessly at the light and instead of honking at me, even rudely, decided to ram his car into mine.

Or maybe he just wasn't paying proper attention. Who knows.

At least the only thing wrong with my car is the ugly red paint his car left on mine.
It is great to be the bigger vehicle.

The ironic thing is that I was on that particular street because I had been buying stamps so I could mail in my car insurance payment.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-14-2008, 06:26 PM
You should of reported his ass.

CubanMustGo
05-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Sorry to hear that, Angel.

A couple of years ago I was pulling into a parking lot from the street and some bozo who was in the lot, not paying attention, pulled out early and hit me square in the rear wheel. I did get him to stop and he said "we don't need to call insurance" to which I said bullshit, got a cop out there to record what happened. He tried three or four different stories out on the cop who just ended up shaking his head and telling the guy he was at fault.

So then it was "I'm going to report you to your insurance company so you pay for this" [wtf - you had a stop and I'm on a thoroughfare] ... too bad for him we both had USAA and it took them no time to figure out who was at fault, either.

Glad to hear that the only damage to your car is a little red paint, but your guy was a turd even worse than mine.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-14-2008, 07:23 PM
I got hit like that in a traffic backup one time when that guy behind got frustrated that traffic was moving about a foot a minute. I had absolutely nowhere to go, but for some reason he decided to take out his frustration on the back of my truck.

I pulled over and got out and he started to get out of his, screaming that he wants to "throw down", and then another car pulled over, likely someone he had done this same thing to further back up the road, and the two of them started jawing, got in their cars and turned off and started chasing each other up a side street. I figured one of both of them had to be on drugs and so I did not participate in the chase.

Luckily my vehicle was OK, but I was pissed off for a couple of days that someone would do that so blatantly and then be an ass about it. The funny part is that this guy was about 5'7" and maybe 140 lbs soaking wet. I wasn't intimidated at all, just kind of shocked by the whole scene.

SAtown
05-14-2008, 08:01 PM
How do you not chase someone that does this to you?

Summers
05-15-2008, 12:12 AM
That stinks Angel! I'm glad you weren't hurt.

mavs>spurs2
05-15-2008, 12:45 AM
that's why i don't go anywhere without my strap

:lmao .45?

Twisted_Dawg
05-15-2008, 06:50 AM
So how is your neck and back feeling today?

BacktoBasics
05-15-2008, 08:41 AM
Angel is pretty much the most unlucky person I know. Hopefully when you marry your husband doesn't lose an arm or leg

angel_luv
05-15-2008, 08:42 AM
I'm fine, thanks. :)

Because my car is so big and he wasn't able to go that fast before hitting me, it just felt like being in the bumper cars at Fiesta Texas.

mrsmaalox
05-15-2008, 08:45 AM
I'm fine, thanks. :)

Because my car is so big and he wasn't able to go that fast before hitting me, it just felt like being in the bumper cars at Fiesta Texas.

I'm glad you feel okay; the next day is usually the worst! :)

angel_luv
05-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Angel is pretty much the most unlucky person I know. Hopefully when you marry your husband doesn't lose an arm or leg

I am not unlucky. I don't know where you got that idea from.

I have always been super blessed.

El Guapo
05-15-2008, 11:42 AM
would you say you have had a plethora of car accidents? :sombrero:

Jimcs50
05-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Pooh?

MannyIsGod
05-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Angelluv does anal.

MoSpur
05-15-2008, 12:17 PM
You can take that red paint off with some stuff. I forgot the name of it. I will try to remember. It always worked for me.

angel_luv
05-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Thank you, Mo.

lil'mo
05-15-2008, 01:08 PM
so angeluv is either the unluckiest driver in san antonio or just sucks at driving and shouldnt be behind the wheel...