PDA

View Full Version : Newsmax.com: Mike Huckabee Tops McCain VP List

ClingingMars
05-14-2008, 06:23 PM
From NEWSMAX.COM

Huckabee Tops McCain VP List

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is at the top of the list of John McCain’s possible running mates, according to a top McCain fundraiser with ties to his inner circle.

Economic conservatives are likely to oppose the choice of Huckabee as McCain’s vice presidential candidate, given the populist tone of his campaign and his tax record as governor of Arkansas.

But in his “Capital Commerce” column for U.S. News & World Report, James Pethokoukis points to the fundraiser’s disclosure and cites several factors that could make Huckabee a strong asset for McCain.

For one thing, the former Baptist minister is a great campaigner who could garner support in the South among social conservatives and at the same time appeal to working-class voters in the crucial states of Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin.

Huckabee would also appeal to many more voters on a “he cares about me” level than millionaire investor and possible vice presidential choice Mitt Romney, especially given all the turmoil on Wall Street this year.

Finally, even economic conservatives who might hesitate to back Huckabee would certainly favor him over the threat of Obamanomics and higher taxes across the board.

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

If this happens, I'll have to start campaigning for McCain.

- Mars

clambake
05-14-2008, 06:25 PM
great. they can hire hucks' son to torture all the animals, and huck can preside over mccains funeral.

Ocotillo
05-14-2008, 07:43 PM
From NEWSMAX.COM

There's your first problem.

Huckabee Tops McCain VP List

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is at the top of the list of John McCain’s possible running mates, according to a top McCain fundraiser with ties to his inner circle.

This will be telling. At McCain's age, people will be paying more attention to who McSame chooses.

Economic conservatives are likely to oppose the choice of Huckabee as McCain’s vice presidential candidate, given the populist tone of his campaign and his tax record as governor of Arkansas.

Yeah, yeah and McCain is not a real conservative.....Mitt Romney lost, deal with it.

But in his “Capital Commerce” column for U.S. News & World Report, James Pethokoukis points to the fundraiser’s disclosure and cites several factors that could make Huckabee a strong asset for McCain.

For one thing, the former Baptist minister is a great campaigner who could garner support in the South among social conservatives and at the same time appeal to working-class voters in the crucial states of Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin.

While Huck comes across as a likable guy, he has a propensity for gaffes especially related to church and state.

Huckabee would also appeal to many more voters on a “he cares about me” level than millionaire investor and possible vice presidential choice Mitt Romney, especially given all the turmoil on Wall Street this year.

Huck and Mac have the "R" next to their name. This year, that eliminates any of the "he cares about me" sentiment he might be able to muster.

Finally, even economic conservatives who might hesitate to back Huckabee would certainly favor him over the threat of Obamanomics and higher taxes across the board.

Biased. Obama is described as a threat and this tax policy is misrepresented. Job well done GOP mouthpiece.

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

You can have 'em

If this happens, I'll have to start campaigning for McCain.

Have at. Mac will never be president.

Don Quixote
05-14-2008, 10:36 PM
HangingVenus: Huck's a fine man, although he was not my main for the GOP candidacy. McCain would choose him for Veep, of course, to cover his right flank on social issues.

Despite McCain's being not much of a conservative, however, do you really think we have much of a choice in the general? We had our primaries and cauci, and McCain won them. It wasn't our preferred result, but them's the cards we were dealt. Surely, you can't be thinking of casting a vote for the Democrat, or Ron Paul, or Huck, for President, especially in what is expected to be a contested state in Virginia.

Don Quixote
05-14-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm sorry. Commonwealth. Virginia is a commonwealth.

Forgive me.

Heath Ledger
05-14-2008, 10:55 PM
I went to Starr Commonwealth School for Boys..

clambake
05-15-2008, 12:21 AM
maybe hucks son wouldn't have turned into michael vick if daddy had spent time with him instead of writing "Kids who Kill".

Nbadan
05-15-2008, 03:44 AM
The Neo-cons need someone to control the somewhat Maverick McCain - they have enough on him to keep him quiet, for now, but if McCain were lucky enough to win in November there's no telling what he might do or say.....

boutons_
05-15-2008, 07:08 AM
Old McFlopPanderKeating+Huck of the White Cross, now there's a strong ticket, one is dumb as a bag of OLD hammers, and the other is anti-scientific Bible-hick. The bubba/sheeple's ticket. Loser.

ClingingMars
05-15-2008, 09:34 AM
HangingVenus: Huck's a fine man, although he was not my main for the GOP candidacy. McCain would choose him for Veep, of course, to cover his right flank on social issues.

Despite McCain's being not much of a conservative, however, do you really think we have much of a choice in the general? We had our primaries and cauci, and McCain won them. It wasn't our preferred result, but them's the cards we were dealt. Surely, you can't be thinking of casting a vote for the Democrat, or Ron Paul, or Huck, for President, especially in what is expected to be a contested state in Virginia.

there's a difference between campaigning for someone and just voting for them.

- Mars

ClingingMars
05-15-2008, 09:35 AM
my my, i think the dems are scared of mccain and huckabee, so much hate in this thread.

- Mars

clambake
05-15-2008, 09:51 AM
my my, i think the dems are scared of mccain and huckabee, so much hate in this thread.

- Mars

not nearly as scared as the republicans.

i do feel sorry for mccain today. it was sad watching his speech today when he had to wait an agonizingly long time for any applause at the end of a sentence.

Don Quixote
05-15-2008, 09:51 AM
The hate is palpable, I must say.

I can feel it!

-Rosinante

ClingingMars
05-15-2008, 10:14 AM
not nearly as scared as the republicans.

i'm not scared, operation chaos has already destroyed the democrats. Thanks Hillary Clinton!!

- Mars

clambake
05-15-2008, 10:19 AM
i'm not scared, operation chaos has already destroyed the democrats. Thanks Hillary Clinton!!

- Mars

yeah, and you also have to shit on reagan to do it. congrats.

Don Quixote
05-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Well, I'd stop short of saying OC destroyed them. I'd say OC revealed some divisions in their party that had been swept under the rug the past few years. How so? Well, before OC started, St. Barry was being anointed as the Savior, giving big airy speeches, winning every primary, and being adored by media and people alike.

Conservatives, however, knew all along who and what the Anointed One was. But we knew we couldn't count on the MSM to bring up his, um, issues, nor could we rely on McCain's campaign. Dirt needed to be dug up on Obama, and fast! And who better to sling dirt than the Clintons? We needed them to stay in the race.

Maybe there's some buyer's remorse right now for a lot of Democrats regarding Obama. I don't know or care much. I would say that OC has at least given the GOP a chance at the White House this fall.

It won't help the GOP's chances in Congress, though. They're screwed.

clambake
05-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Well, I'd stop short of saying OC destroyed them. I'd say OC revealed some divisions in their party that had been swept under the rug the past few years. How so? Well, before OC started, St. Barry was being anointed as the Savior, giving big airy speeches, winning every primary, and being adored by media and people alike.

Conservatives, however, knew all along who and what the Anointed One was. But we knew we couldn't count on the MSM to bring up his, um, issues, nor could we rely on McCain's campaign. Dirt needed to be dug up on Obama, and fast! And who better to sling dirt than the Clintons? We needed them to stay in the race.

Maybe there's some buyer's remorse right now for a lot of Democrats regarding Obama. I don't know or care much. I would say that OC has at least given the GOP a chance at the White House this fall.

It won't help the GOP's chances in Congress, though. They're screwed.

i hope you don't teach history to those kids you call arrogant. you're a poor reflection on teachers that care.

Don Quixote
05-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks Hillary!!

- Mars

Yes. Thanks, Hillary! :toast

Don Quixote
05-15-2008, 10:33 AM
my my, i think the dems are scared of mccain and huckabee.

- Mars

No, I don't think they're scurred of McCain. They pretty much view the general election as a coronation for them.

If I were to put $$ on it, I'd still say the Democrat gets the White House.

clambake
05-15-2008, 10:35 AM
No, I don't think they're scurred of McCain. They pretty much view the general election as a coronation for them.

If I were to put $$ on it, I'd still say the Democrat gets the White House.

why don't you bet the money you guilt from the suckers?

ChumpDumper
05-15-2008, 12:12 PM
So McCain's biggest selling point for conservatives is that he may die in office.

Wow.

ClingingMars
05-15-2008, 09:21 PM
yeah, and you also have to shit on reagan to do it. congrats.

no, i don't shit on reagan.

- Mars

ClingingMars
05-15-2008, 09:22 PM
So McCain's biggest selling point for conservatives is that he may die in office.

Wow.

no, the biggest selling point is that he'll nominate a conservative VP.

dying would be terrible, i surely don't wish that on McCain.

- Mars

ClingingMars
05-15-2008, 09:26 PM
rofl

the more i see of your smug country club ignorance the more i want to repost your picture

i'm going to do it if you keep posting absolute stupidity

expect that i don't attend nor have ever attended a country club.

but please, continue to stereotype. have fun.

- Mars

ClingingMars
05-15-2008, 09:29 PM
hahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha

:wakeup

- Mars