PDA

View Full Version : damn all these knat trolls.....

stxspurs
05-14-2008, 09:40 PM
really make me miss the sun/mavs trolls:wow

BRHornet45
05-14-2008, 09:42 PM
son you know you love me.

jag
05-14-2008, 09:43 PM
:lmao they made you feel lame in one of the other threads so now you dont like them

Deb
05-14-2008, 09:44 PM
I think Son is one of the few words in this guys vocabulary, outside of GEAUX Horenets GEAUX

BRHornet45
05-14-2008, 09:45 PM
I think Son is one of the few words in this guys vocabulary, outside of GEAUX Horenets GEAUX

lol son that actually made me laugh no lie. I HATE the word "geaux". it is used all over Louisiana for anything and everything thanks to LSU. it was cool at first, but now its out of control. SONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Deb
05-14-2008, 09:50 PM
lol son that actually made me laugh no lie. I HATE the word "geaux". it is used all over Louisiana for anything and everything thanks to LSU. it was cool at first, but now its out of control. SONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Glad to hear the Geaux thing doesn't turn you on. Now kiss my foot and repeat "GO SPURS GO"

BRHornet45
05-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Glad to hear the Geaux thing doesn't turn you on. Now kiss my foot and repeat "GO SPURS GO"

son I will be in S.A. for game 6. I am flying out in the morning. where should I kiss your foot?

Deb
05-14-2008, 09:53 PM
son I will be in S.A. for game 6. I am flying out in the morning. where should I kiss your foot?

Still thinking about buying tickets, even though its a 125 mile drive for me and have work the next day. I'll let you know.:king

BRHornet45
05-14-2008, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=Deb;2496884]Still thinking about buying tickets, even though its a 125 mile drive for me and have work the next day. I'll let you know.:king[/QUOTE

work is no excuse! no wonder the Spurs are having trouble selling out their playoff games!

Deb
05-14-2008, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=Deb;2496884]Still thinking about buying tickets, even though its a 125 mile drive for me and have work the next day. I'll let you know.:king[/QUOTE

work is no excuse! no wonder the Spurs are having trouble selling out their playoff games!

LOL, lack of sleep and hangovers hurt more than they used to

dbreiden83080
05-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Trolls during the playoffs, an unfortunate side effect of the forum.

BRHornet45
05-14-2008, 10:08 PM
[QUOTE=BRHornet45;2496902]

LOL, lack of sleep and hangovers hurt more than they used to

hangovers and lack of sleep is what keeps you young deb. basically what I am saying is that drinking and staying out all night is the RIGHT thing to do. to hell with work. go support your team! (god knows they need it)

BRHornet45
05-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Trolls during the playoffs, an unfortunate side effect of the forum.

god bless you son

Deb
05-14-2008, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=Deb;2496923]

hangovers and lack of sleep is what keeps you young deb. basically what I am saying is that drinking and staying out all night is the RIGHT thing to do. to hell with work. go support your team! (god knows they need it)

Think I'll watch from home. Wouldn't won't to accidentally run into your sorry crying ass at the ATT Center after the Spurs ass whoopin tomorrow night.:lol

BRHornet45
05-14-2008, 10:17 PM
[QUOTE=BRHornet45;2496933]

Think I'll watch from home. Wouldn't won't to accidentally run into your sorry crying ass at the ATT Center after the Spurs ass whoopin tomorrow night.:lol

come on now Deb you know that is simply not true. However if you did run into me at the game then work would be the last thing on your mind. I am pretty much irresistible.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-14-2008, 10:56 PM
really make me miss the sun/mavs trolls:wow

I'd venture a guess that 70% of them ARE Suns/Mavs trolls.

Kori Ellis
05-14-2008, 10:58 PM
I'd venture a guess that 70% of them ARE Suns/Mavs trolls.

Unforunately not. About 90% of them are actually N.O. IP addresses. But I think the average age is probably 15.

They still aren't as bad as the Mavs trolls of 2006 - but they are getting close.

BRHornet45
05-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Kori you know that I am your favorite

Don Quixote
05-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Go easy on the good people of New Orleans!

It was only about 2 months ago that the people here learned they had an NBA team!

BRHornet45
05-14-2008, 11:11 PM

It was only about 2 months ago that the people here learned they had an NBA team!

I have been a season ticket holder since 2002 (other than the Oklahoma City stint) and I can tell you that fan support has been up since January. However, the first 2 months of this season were terrible (only averaging like 12,000-13,000 per game) ... but in fairness, New Orleans is still recovering with more people finally moving back so im sure Hornets tickets were not their top priority at the time.

Don Quixote
05-14-2008, 11:32 PM
I was able to go to 3 games for not much $$$!

That was before the good people of New Orleans (actually, Metairie, the westbank, and the Northshore) discovered they had a pretty good team down here. Now, I can't get tickets for less than $75!

Not that it would have been a good buy, anyway. Spurs can't compete in the 2d half in that arena.

Man of Steel
05-14-2008, 11:43 PM
I kinda like the Hornets trolls--they make the board more diverse and interesting.

Nolazach
05-15-2008, 04:12 AM
Well, it really all started when some of your guys came to Hornetsreport. When they were asked about Spurs forums they either said this one or the other one. I read a hell of a lot of threads here, but usually only post in the "funny" ones. Many of us found this to be a really good site.
I know you wouldn't hate us as much if your team was still tied or if they were leading the series.

Unfortunately our Mods don't seem to want opposing viewpoints and in some cases bad-mouthing players calls for a ban. I think any links to this forum are now also taboo.
Most of us will probably be on some other forum next week, but I do want to keep reading this one.

TheTruth62987
05-15-2008, 07:37 AM

FAIL!!! I've been a Hornets fan since I was 10 years old. LJ or Grandmama was my favorite player. I've followed them for a while now.

KidCongo
05-15-2008, 07:42 AM
FAIL!!! I've been a Hornets fan since I was 10 years old. LJ or Grandmama was my favorite player. I've followed them for a while now.

you are theTruth so everyone believes

urunobili
05-15-2008, 07:53 AM
the feeling i get from them it's like if they were tropical forest insects... or the crows in the grand canyon that come close to you so you can take a photo of them...

cajunhornetsbayou
05-15-2008, 09:53 AM
I am not a troll. I have added more insight to this board than anyone else. I have taught everyone on this board quite a bit. A troll is a person that posts nonsense. I have broken down games and taught lessons. I would consider a lot of spurs fans trolls because they make personal attacks, chuck norris jokes, and tell you to "eat shit and die." I have not personally attacked anyone while I have been here.

hater
05-15-2008, 09:55 AM
they r not that bad. they r not too bright though

they're like that retarded cousin that come on thanksgiving. you gotta feel sorry for him

jmard5
05-15-2008, 10:00 AM
I am not a troll. I have added more insight to this board than anyone else. I have taught everyone on this board quite a bit. A troll is a person that posts nonsense. I have broken down games and taught lessons. I would consider a lot of spurs fans trolls because they make personal attacks, chuck norris jokes, and tell you to "eat shit and die." I have not personally attacked anyone while I have been here.

This one probably needs a mirror, and a pat on the back.

ClingingMars
05-15-2008, 10:01 AM
i can't wait till we win this series and the exodus occurs. I can only imagine how bad the laker/jazz trolls will be, though...

- Mars

cajunhornetsbayou
05-15-2008, 10:03 AM
i can't wait till we win this series and the exodus occurs. I can only imagine how bad the laker/jazz trolls will be, though...

- Mars

Did school get canceled today Mars?

ClingingMars
05-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Did school get canceled today Mars?

i don't have school anymore, bitch. :lmao

- Mars

dmac
05-15-2008, 10:18 AM
[quote=Deb;2496884]Still thinking about buying tickets, even though its a 125 mile drive for me and have work the next day. I'll let you know.:king[/QUOTE

I know, we work in Texas.

Smirk
05-15-2008, 10:28 AM
they r not that bad. they r not too bright though

Interesting.

duncan228
05-15-2008, 10:31 AM
I am not a troll.

You're one of the worst kinds of trolls. Full of self-importance. You feel good about yourself only by putting others down. You say women know nothing about sports, this board knows nothing about basketball. You think this board is better for your arrival here. It's not. You've single handedly brought this board to a lower level than I've ever seen it. Your act is not amusing, it's obnoxious.

NoMoneyDown
05-15-2008, 10:40 AM
You're one of the worst kinds of trolls. Full of self-importance. You feel good about yourself only by putting others down. You say women know nothing about sports, this board knows nothing about basketball. You think this board is better for your arrival here. It's not. You've single handedly brought this board to a lower level than I've ever seen it. Your act is not amusing, it's obnoxious.

+1

About the ONLY reason I hope the Spurs lose tonight is this board gets back to normalcy (I hope).

LakerLanny
05-15-2008, 10:44 AM
SA isn't losing tonight, I bet all of my VBookie money on a win by more than 7

cajunhornetsbayou
05-15-2008, 10:46 AM

Its not an act. I actually do know this much about basketball. This board is better because I am here. Your jealousy is blatantly obvious. Women do know nothing about sports. That is a fact not an opinion. Like I said I am not a troll because I do not post nonsense.

NoMoneyDown
05-15-2008, 10:47 AM
7? I figure they'll win by 15-25 again.

Nolazach
05-15-2008, 10:48 AM
+1

About the ONLY reason I hope the Spurs lose tonight is this board gets back to normalcy (I hope).

Kinda sad, you hope your team loses so that your fan forum board will have less trolls. Thats just stupid, you do know this forum has an ignore feature don't you?

Mommy make these badmen go away.

http://toughsledding.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/crybaby.gif

NoMoneyDown
05-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Its not an act. I actually do know this much about basketball. This board is better because I am here. Your jealousy is blatantly obvious. Women do know nothing about sports. That is a fact not an opinion. Like I said I am not a troll because I do not post nonsense.

You're in denial, but then the attributes keep piling up. If you know so much about BB - great. But once you overplay the fact by adding insults and arrogancy and self-proclamation, you no longer make things "better", but considerably worse.

NoMoneyDown
05-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Thats just stupid, you do know this forum has an ignore feature don't you?

So true. Done.

roturn
05-15-2008, 11:01 AM

We have an NBA team?

What does the NBA stand for again?

Gee I wonder if I can go to a game? I bet it would be fun. When is the game?

Jobbs
05-15-2008, 11:11 AM
the whore-nat "fans" wasn't around in November and when the team regresses back to regular season fodder, they'll forget their accounts here.

Seriously, until this year I never saw a New Orleans Hornets fan. Never.

and I saw a Hawks fan post on here this past season!

duncan228
05-15-2008, 11:13 AM

I'm glad you know so much about basketball, a basketball message board thrives on people bringing something to the conversation. But you bring arrogance, which makes people defensive and not willing to take anything you say seriously.

Everything you post comes off as nonsense because of the way you present it. Talk down to people and they'll never respect anything you say.

J.T.
05-15-2008, 11:15 AM

My mother knows more about sports than you and she doesn't start watching basketball until April.

to21
05-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Son.

The BRHornet45 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11905) troll/hornet fan is mildly entertaining.

Son.

Edit: NICE SIG!!!

dbestpro
05-15-2008, 11:20 AM

Description of a troll. My opinion matters more than yours.

I will explain it in a way you will understand. Discussing high school basketball techniques on this board is like me telling you how to celebrate Mardi Gras. We passed through this phase years ago. Some of the stuff you discuss we know teach in junior high. You are to be excused however because we do know it is your first playoffs and you probably will not have many more as your team eventually moves to Seattle.

cajunhornetsbayou
05-15-2008, 11:20 AM
My mother knows more about sports than you and she doesn't start watching basketball until April.

:rollin:rollin:lmao:lmao Good one

Nolazach
05-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Seriously, until this year I never saw a New Orleans Hornets fan. Never.

had no Idea this site existed until G-Nob came to our board. The great format kept me comming back. All in all this is a great board. I was at our first game in October 2002 against the Jazz. I remember when Birdman and Dan Dikau were our best players. Not all of us are bandwagoners.

So true. Done.

well since you can't see me.

You are a low down bandwagoneer of a fan. You should have your ass kicked for wanting your team to lose, just so the board you waste your life away at has less Hornets fans. Lest you forget we play in the same division so this won't end. If you are so self important that you want your team to lose, just to suit your selfish needs, you are the one who needs to be ignored, because your stupidity has shown.

I am a Hornets fan, but pre-NOH, I was all about my fiesta Spurs with the twin towers. It is a shame that such fair weather fans exist. You stand by your team until the last second of the last game. Damn

No wonder why your arena still has tickets left, sad sack son of a bitch.

Man In Black
05-15-2008, 11:34 AM
SA isn't losing tonight, I bet all of my VBookie money on a win by more than 7

That's a good call Lakerfan. :toast
:toast You never collected on 2 of these...that's your bad. But still all these years later, I haven't forgotten. If you wanna collect, PM Me and we'll set something up. Time and 3 championships later has made me amiable.

roturn
05-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Description of a troll. My opinion matters more than yours.

I will explain it in a way you will understand. Discussing high school basketball techniques on this board is like me telling you how to celebrate Mardi Gras. We passed through this phase years ago. Some of the stuff you discuss we know teach in junior high. You are to be excused however because we do know it is your first playoffs and you probably will not have many more as your team eventually moves to Seattle.

You know what, that is a bunch of bullshit. Just because you have been a Spurs fan for x amount of time means you know more than me or any Hornets fan about the game of basketball?

Go fuck yourself and your smug attitude.

You are describing yourself when you provide a definition of a troll. The problem is you can't stand the fact that some us newbies to this forum actual know what were are talking about. But instead of being cordial and having some humility you discount our opinions by saying Hornets fans don't know shit because we never posted on your site until we played you in the playoffs or that we were not fans until we started winning.

You don't know shit about me, any other Hornets fan posting on this site or fan in New Orleans.

Enjoy your offseason...

GrandeDavid
05-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Well, it really all started when some of your guys came to Hornetsreport. When they were asked about Spurs forums they either said this one or the other one. I read a hell of a lot of threads here, but usually only post in the "funny" ones. Many of us found this to be a really good site.
I know you wouldn't hate us as much if your team was still tied or if they were leading the series.

Unfortunately our Mods don't seem to want opposing viewpoints and in some cases bad-mouthing players calls for a ban. I think any links to this forum are now also taboo.
Most of us will probably be on some other forum next week, but I do want to keep reading this one.

Nolazach, I've never visited the forums of an opposing team's fanbase. In all honesty, have Spurs fans been aholes and trolling Hornets fan forums? Or are most "civil" for the most part?

HornetGumboBalls
05-15-2008, 11:41 AM
You know what, that is a bunch of bullshit. Just because you have been a Spurs fan for x amount of time means you know more than me or any Hornets fan about the game of basketball?

Go fuck yourself and your smug attitude.

You are describing yourself when you provide a definition of a troll. The problem is you can't stand the fact that some us newbies to this forum actual know what were are talking about. But instead of being cordial and having some humility you discount our opinions by saying Hornets fans don't know shit because we never posted on your site until we played you in the playoffs or that we were not fans until we started winning.

You don't know shit about me, any other Hornets fan posting on this site or fan in New Orleans.

Enjoy your offseason...

BOOOOOM!

Jobbs
05-15-2008, 12:04 PM
BOOOOOM!

I've been a Spurs fan longer than the Hornets have been in existence.

steve buckhantz: dagggggggggggerrrrrrr

Jon1798
05-15-2008, 12:08 PM

Um, congrats? :huh

roturn
05-15-2008, 12:10 PM

Do you want an award? What does that have to do with basketball knowledge? Once again a Spurs fan misses the point.

I will send your award to your house. It will say fagile on the outside. It will probably be Italian, but its a major award. Trust me.

Jobbs
05-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Um, congrats? :huh

Make sure you stick around when the whore-nats move to Anaheim!

Jobbs
05-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Do you want an award? What does that have to do with basketball knowledge? Once again a Spurs fan misses the point.

I will send your award to your house. It will say fagile on the outside. It will probably be Italian, but its a major award. Trust me.

lol @ me living in a box

far from broke.

lol @ me being a dumb basketball fan
this is awesome
you've made my day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8CeolKVKS4

Jon1798
05-15-2008, 12:18 PM

Whore-nats?? You're serious? I bet a lot of Spurs fans hate their own fans. Some of ya'll are embarassing.

roturn
05-15-2008, 12:18 PM

Aww still bitter that you couldn't steal the Saints from us...

What is your next response, the Hornets are going to loose to Lakers regardless?

Next...

TheTruth62987
05-15-2008, 12:20 PM
lol @ me living in a box

far from broke.

this is awesome
you've made my day.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

You're an idiot. He wasn't talking about your house being a box, he was talking about the box the award is going to arrive in, at your house. IGNORANCE IS BLISS I GUESS!!!

roturn
05-15-2008, 12:23 PM
lol @ me living in a box

far from broke.

this is awesome
you've made my day.

I never said anything about your basketball knowledge. That you didn't know already. But if the shoe fits..

roturn
05-15-2008, 12:24 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

You're an idiot. He wasn't talking about your house being a box, he was talking about the box the award is going to arrive in, at your house. IGNORANCE IS BLISS I GUESS!!!

Ding!Ding!Ding! Tell him what he is won TheTruth...

Nolazach
05-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Nolazach, I've never visited the forums of an opposing team's fanbase. In all honesty, have Spurs fans been aholes and trolling Hornets fan forums? Or are most "civil" for the most part?

well the ones still around are very civil. We have three boards. Hornetsreport and Hornetsasylum are much smaller than this board. Report, banned most Spurs fans because they don't seem to like arguments or opinions different from their own. Asylum is like this site, with only 10 or so people on at a time, which stinks because it moves slow, but shows a lot of promise. The third TigerDroppings, doesn't even have a Hornets board, but has the most Spurs vs Hornets fans. It is an LSU site so many of the Spurs fans have been there a long time.

This board allows a lot of smack talk, and i think since many of us are not use to forums allowing us to say what we want, this forum has grown very popular among Hornets fans. While many of our fans on other boards just trash the vulgarity of this site many more love it.

yeah a lot of our fans have been asshole, but I have run into a lot of katrina talk when i first came here and I think that started a lot of the un-civil behavior.

I see you are from Brazil, beautiful place, I might add. Went to a wedding in a town outside of Rio. The partying and the clubs there were awesome. I definetly want to go when I can spend more than five days there. I think its cool how many international fans you Spurs have.

Kermit
05-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Why would anyone be opposed to Katrina talk?

http://i.indiafm.com/posters/katrina/katrina36.jpg

ClingingMars
05-15-2008, 12:38 PM
yikes, the hornet trolls are getting restless!

- Mars

Jon1798
05-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Why would anyone be opposed to Katrina talk?

http://i.indiafm.com/posters/katrina/katrina36.jpg

Cause talking is overrated. :hat

Nolazach
05-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Well seems kinda of wrong to make fun of the partial destruction of an American city and the deaths of so many people, but if you feel you must then go ahead. I noticed your mods seem to quickly take it down anyway.

Jon1798
05-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Well seems kinda of wrong to make fun of the partial destruction of an American city and the deaths of so many people, but if you feel you must then go ahead. I noticed your mods seem to quickly take it down anyway.

No worries Nola. Just look at his picture.

Kermit
05-15-2008, 01:10 PM
We should talk about Katrina more often, in my opinion.

http://nds2.content.mosh.nokia.com/entity/5/41C01E261BC9A721E040050A45300323/full.jpg

jmard5
05-15-2008, 01:58 PM
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/6341/katrinahalilifantasies0kh0.jpg http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1119/katrinahalilifhm2006caltf0.jpg

Philippines also has her Katrina (Halili). :eyebrows

Nolazach
05-15-2008, 02:48 PM
I will say the worst fans I have ever seen were these three Hornets fans two rows in front of me at the last game.

These two very fat black women and a man on the end refused to stand up for anyone who wanted to walk past them. They kept telling this white guy to go around and the fatest lady refused to stand up. The guy fell on the lady trying to get out. They then got some cops to complain about the white guy and said he hit the woman.

me and my friends spent the rest of the game making their lives hell. I simply hate people who think they are too good to stand up a let people go by. I will spill my drink on anyone who refuses to let me pass.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-15-2008, 02:58 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/27/BewareOfTrolls.svg/685px-BewareOfTrolls.svg.png

BRHornet45
05-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Son.

The BRHornet45 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11905) troll/hornet fan is mildly entertaining.

Son.

Edit: NICE SIG!!!

thanks son. god bless

JohnnySixString
05-15-2008, 05:47 PM
This is why 99% of my ignore list is made up of whorenet fans.

Nolazach
05-15-2008, 06:43 PM
This is why 99% of my ignore list is made up of whorenet fans.

ignoring people stinks, if the person you ignore posts some breaking news type shit.

I know people from the opposing team can get on your nerves. I never used to understand why the saints board I used to stay on, always had so many trolls. I never joined another board until I saw this board. This place is great.
I think the Admin Kori, must be like that girl on that show "my boys" where the girl is a down to earth sportswriter who hangs out with guys and loves sports.

I mean this it what a sports forum should be, no tattle tales, no TOS and take the higher road BS. Hell I got in trouble today for questioning why the last Spurs fan on HR was banned. Yall don't know how good you got it.

pauls931
05-15-2008, 06:52 PM
I found this board when I did a google search for 'bruce bowen dirty'. :)

What I find more baffling though is when I searched youtube for 'John Stockton dirty' I got nothing and he's supposed to be the dirtiest player ever.

Deb
05-15-2008, 06:54 PM
I found this board when I did a google search for 'bruce bowen dirty'. :)

What I find more baffling though is when I searched youtube for 'John Stockton dirty' I got nothing and he's supposed to be the dirtiest player ever.

So?

JohnnySixString
05-15-2008, 06:54 PM
ignoring people stinks, if the person you ignore posts some breaking news type shit.

Aside from maybe two of you, every hornets fan on this forum has brought nothing but shit. Up until a few weeks ago I had maybe 3 people on ignore. I've since added about 27 annoying hornets fans. That says a lot amongst Suns, Mavs,Lakers,etc. trolls. I don't think a bigger group of shitheads (no offense) has come to these boards until this series started.

BRHornet45
05-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Aside from maybe two of you, every hornets fan on this forum has brought nothing but shit. Up until a few weeks ago I had maybe 3 people on ignore. I've since added about 27 annoying hornets fans. That says a lot amongst Suns, Mavs,Lakers,etc. trolls. I don't think a bigger group of shitheads (no offense) has come to these boards until this series started.

son I know I am one of the two your talking about. god bless

pauls931
05-15-2008, 06:57 PM
If you beat NO, you'll see the Laker trolls which are by far the worst.

JohnnySixString
05-15-2008, 06:59 PM
If you beat NO, you'll see the Laker trolls which are by far the worst.

Laker trolls can be annoying, but these hornets fans are making a fucking job out of it.

Nolazach
05-15-2008, 07:00 PM
This site would as boring as the Spurs team without the Trolls:toast

Hahaha

I do understand that some stuff is so stupid it just dosen't belong on the main page. There is a wealth of info on the site, and yeah it can get cluttered. I like some of the exchanges back and forth, but maybe more of it does belong in the club. I plan to stick around though, I think this is my favorite forum anywhere.

I also work two weeks on two weeks off, so i have a lot of time on my hands when I am not at work.

pauls931
05-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Laker trolls can be annoying, but these hornets fans are making a fucking job out of it.

On the suns boards the laker trolls would show up after regular season losses to other teams. They're pretty persistent.

Nolazach
05-15-2008, 07:14 PM
I agree, but who wants to see homer comments on an entire site. Its the opposition that gives this site its flavor. This is by far one of the best sites out there, and as long as the Spurs are relevent, I plan on sticking around:toast

No arguments from me.

my home forum is just banning Spurs fans left and right.

One guy got banned for no particular reason. I questioned why and got this from a mod and a warning

I don't consider constantly calling out other fans for not traveling to away games as "civil" or consistenly calling our fans "keyboard fans" as civil. Nor are comments such as "I cannot help but think that it is much easier to accept lackluster performance and subpar effort if one's only investment in the game is a team hat and constant flapping of jaws, name calling and other moronic pursuits on message boards." That is not civil in my book. He was a troll through and through and went over the edge. He had some discussion that was well thought out and civil initially (which is why he was here for about 40 posts) but it seems today he was on a mission to get banned. He also had some run ins via PM with moderators. Nothing civil about him and he is gone.

Thanks,
HF

That is sad, I can see having rules, but to run a totalitarian board is crazy. Some of the best posts ever are when a mod from that site got torn apart here.

The fact that this board allows so much smack talk is just great. Like our NFL board has a rule that you can't say anything negative about a Saints player. I mean what kind of shit is that? Can't say a certain player played bad. I mean forums in New Orleans are too tough, and the ones that are cool have only a few members.