PDA

View Full Version : which teams have the meanest fans...

JoshTheChild
05-15-2008, 10:09 AM
here are a few I guess

jazz, pistons, warriors

u2sarajevo
05-15-2008, 10:16 AM
How about you creating a thread on which NBA player has the longest nose hair?

THAT would be an engaging conversation.

Reggie Miller
05-15-2008, 10:27 AM
It depends on what you mean. In terms of race-baiting and demeaning opposing players it is definitely the Utah Jazz, with the Pacers coming in second. Indianapolis used to be the worst when they played at Market Square Arena. There were certain sections (which had to be mostly season ticket holders) that were so awful I would feel embarrassed at the games. People in Indiana take basketball VERY seriously. Couple that with a healthy dose of racism, and you have a pretty volatile mixture.

When the NBA tickets starting getting really expensive, it cleaned up a lot of this. 1) Corporate types generally don't want to get caught on camera screaming racial epithets; 2) "Average" people like me started complaining about obnoxious fan behavior more when we were forced to pay higher ticket prices.

I think a certain amount of hostility to the visiting team is all in good fun. However, there is also a line that shouldn't be crossed. Just because a guy is making a few million to play basketball doesn't mean he is fair game for verbal abuse.

JoshTheChild
05-15-2008, 10:36 AM
the pacers have mean fans? I never would of known that seriously

Reggie Miller
05-15-2008, 10:44 AM
the pacers have mean fans? I never would of known that seriously

In the '80s and '90s, it was pretty common for players to rank the three worst NBA cities as some order of Boston, Indianapolis, and Salt Lake City. The players tended to base this on whether the trash talk was racially or personally motivated. According to what scraps of information fans get, SLC has gotten even worse over the years, while Indianapolis and Boston aren't as bad as they used to be. I know the Conseco Fieldhouse crowds today are not nearly as bad as it could get in Market Square Arena in the '80s and '90s.

JoshTheChild
05-15-2008, 10:46 AM
madison square garden isn't very nice towards visiting fans either prolly

lefty
05-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Don't forget the Lakers fans

When the visiting team is getting crushed, they have no pity.

I remember during the 2001 WCF, they were chanting "sweep, seep. seep. sweep"

Of course, you don't hear them when they're losing

Sons of bitches :flipoff

Red Hawk #21
05-15-2008, 02:55 PM
The meanest fans imo, are the Utah Jazz fans, the Warriors fans from last year were effin crazy, The Pistons (DEEEEETROIT BAAASKETBALL!!!) Love that lol, the Mavs fans in 06 were crazy, The Celtics fans are complete jackasses imo. I hate Celtics fans, they are all bandwagoners and I hope their team loses.

BlackSwordsMan
05-15-2008, 02:57 PM
jazz
fucking mormons

slowchild25
05-15-2008, 03:15 PM

They are to busy ripping there own team to even begin worrying about being mean to opposing teams.

theMUHMEshow
05-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Pacers and Cavs fans...its not close.

endrity
05-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Warrior fans were great for the home team, that's what all fans should be like. They were not mean in anyway, just supporting their team. It's a question of definition.
Atlanta pleasently surprised me this year. It was similiar to the Warriors last year, with a bunch of die hard fans, and some early bandwagoners, showing up to support a team that hasn't been in the playoffs in a long time. I hope that crowd doesn't dissapear like the Warriors' did this year.

It seems to me like the Hornets have a mean crowd as well, continually booing the opposition and verbally abusing them. NY, when the Knicks are good, fit the definition as well.

JoshTheChild
05-16-2008, 12:58 AM
Warrior fans were great for the home team, that's what all fans should be like. They were not mean in anyway, just supporting their team. It's a question of definition.
Atlanta pleasently surprised me this year. It was similiar to the Warriors last year, with a bunch of die hard fans, and some early bandwagoners, showing up to support a team that hasn't been in the playoffs in a long time. I hope that crowd doesn't dissapear like the Warriors' did this year.

It seems to me like the Hornets have a mean crowd as well, continually booing the opposition and verbally abusing them. NY, when the Knicks are good, fit the definition as well.

ya thing about that hornets crowd is that they are saints fans. and they are some of the biggest jerks around

Tyler_Durden
05-16-2008, 01:12 AM
The Hornest fans this year are like a bunch of starved, liquored-up neandrathals.

JoshTheChild
05-16-2008, 01:18 AM
ya who the hell has the energy and stupidity to BOO on every damn possession?

endrity
05-16-2008, 03:52 AM
ya who the hell has the energy and stupidity to BOO on every damn possession?

they do the "wooooo" or whatever that thing is

Budkin
05-16-2008, 04:11 AM
Jazz without a doubt. Pure Mormon hate raining down.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2008, 05:06 AM
Jazz and Celtics fans...its not close.

Edited for content.

rep
05-16-2008, 07:09 PM
The meanest fans imo, are the Utah Jazz fans, the Warriors fans from last year were effin crazy, The Pistons (DEEEEETROIT BAAASKETBALL!!!) Love that lol, the Mavs fans in 06 were crazy, The Celtics fans are complete jackasses imo. I hate Celtics fans, they are all bandwagoners and I hope their team loses.

Mike Bibby, is that you?

manufor3
05-16-2008, 07:55 PM
celtics, hornets, some mavs, some suns

Avitus1
05-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Bobcats...

Banzai
05-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Don't forget the Lakers fans

When the visiting team is getting crushed, they have no pity.

I remember during the 2001 WCF, they were chanting "sweep, seep. seep. sweep"

Of course, you don't hear them when they're losing

Sons of bitches :flipoff

:p:

JoeTait75
05-17-2008, 12:11 AM

Knicks fans appreciate the game. If a visiting player comes in and plays beautifully, they'll cheer him at the end. New York has the best fans in the NBA.

dg7md
05-17-2008, 12:44 AM
Nothing more creative than "Utah Jazz = mormons" jokes. Tiredest act in town...

Heath Ledger
05-17-2008, 01:08 AM
This thread is retarded, every team has its faire share of drunkey obnoxious assholes in the seats. To single out a classy organization such as the Pistons is even more retarded.