PDA

View Full Version : Waiting In Airports

05-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Because it's 10:30 and your flight doesn't leave until 4:45 ('cause that's the only one back to SA) sucks elephant johnsons.

That is all.

Fillmoe
05-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Try not to live in such a shitty city.

dickface
05-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Try not to live in such a shitty city.

How many times do you get randomly screened for a search by security? Serious question.

RandomGuy
05-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Wait until the price of oil doubles again, causing air fares to pretty much do the same.

I rather enjoyed my train trip from Austin to Denver. Took a day or two, but it was sooo not stressful. No parking hassles, got to walk around in the train a lot and talk to people, met some nich Amish, played scrabble with the wife, read books, watched a lot of pretty scenery up close...

I agree that airports suck sweaty monkey balls.

At some point within the next few years, train fares will become waaay competitive with air fares for the simple reason that fuel costs per train passenger are so much less. But that is another conversation...

jcrod
05-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Are you on a connecting flight? Why did you get to the airport so early? I always take movies, IPOD and mags when I fly.

Los Spurs
05-15-2008, 11:43 AM
My In-Laws traveled to Chicago by train from SA. They loved it!

peewee's lovechild
05-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Go to the bathroom and tap your foot until someone comes in.

Loads of fun.

05-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Are you on a connecting flight? Why did you get to the airport so early? I always take movies, IPOD and mags when I fly.

There are only 2 direct flights from SLC to SAT a day and I couldn't make the early flight. Thankfully I have my iPhone and a book I haven't started yet.

Slomo
05-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Because it's 10:30 and your flight doesn't leave until 4:45 ('cause that's the only one back to SA) sucks elephant johnsons.

That is all.

6 hours! That sucks! My personal record was 9 hours in Paris a few years back. It was especially nasty since I flew in from LAX and the Jet lag was killing me. Plus they were renovating so everything was closed and the noise was really bad.

Last time I flew transatlantic with Air France.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks for reminding me to buy my July flight before the fares go up.

Soul_Patch
05-15-2008, 03:42 PM
I like to bust out the latest copy of Big 'uns while i wait in the airport.

FREDERICK
05-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Hi guys, just to comment with you all that can happen in at Airport, read, happened to me at B.W.I
A couple of days ago at B.W.I Airport with my boarding pass in the hand and almost ready to board the plane to fly from D:C to Connecticut something really annoying happened to me, with almost two hours before my plane take off went to have a cup of coffee and some donuts in a cafeteria in the boarding area, asking for some extra napkins to the cashier and this woman with no manners in a very rude way, told me that I got enough at the time paid her my order.-
Really annoying that at International Airport, with thousand and thousand of tourist crossing every day, something stupid like this situation occurred, just got my solocigars habano and went to take a seat in one of the boarding pier area watching TV until my plane finally took off. No complains about airline staff, but some people working at the Airport are far away to know how to made the tourist and installations users, feel comfortable before start sometimes a long fly

David@SLCC
05-16-2008, 01:51 AM
Stuck in Salt Lake, no less. Sorry :)

That's when airline lounges come in very handy for me. Even if you are not an elite member, many airlines offer one-time passes (at competitive prices). Nice service, helpful staff, complimentary snacks and drinks and you get to do some work from a comfortable business station.

sa_butta
05-16-2008, 07:36 AM
Most of the airlines have already increased fuel surcharges. Its added into the fare. The increases range from $10-$50. And was there a reason you had to take a direct flight??