http://www.tnt.tv/sports/top5/ No. 5

"LeBron James team is never desperate"

What about Cleveland Cavaliers... are they? :lol

ducks
05-15-2008, 02:54 PM
barkely said he should not have said it

ctown916
05-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Why shouldnt he have said it? If thats how he feels and he can back it up then whats wrong with saying it? Now if he goes out there and chokes then so be it but at least let him prove that what hes saying is true.

ducks
05-15-2008, 03:00 PM
because that just gave kg bulletin material

ctown916
05-15-2008, 03:29 PM
because that just gave kg bulletin material

LOL KG? Nobody in the NBA fears KG. When has he ever done anything in the playoffs to have people fear him? He ran from the West to the East becuase he couldnt deal with amare, duncan, dirk etc....Nobody is fearing KG....

nkdlunch
05-15-2008, 04:15 PM
:lol at talking in the 3rd person about himself.

sounds like that Jimmy guy from Seinfeld

Tyler_Durden
05-15-2008, 05:16 PM
I always say LeBron James doesn't look his age, but he sure does act like it.

case and point.

Allanon
05-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Nah, he just meant a team he's on is never desperate, just talking some smack...you gotta talk some after going down 2-3. Talking in the 3rd person is funny.

I don't think he's dissing his teammates though, he just never went to college.

BonnerDynasty
05-15-2008, 06:23 PM
And yet somehow Lebron still does not come off as big of a douchebag as Kobe. Witness.

Allanon
05-15-2008, 06:39 PM
And yet somehow Lebron still does not come off as big of a douchebag as Kobe. Witness.

I'm not too sure of that. There was the previous incident of him saying "You know that wasn't what I really wanted" after the megatrade. And before that he said something about his team as well.

I think LeBron is losing a good bit of popularity this year and he's starting to complain and trashtalk while Kobe's looking like a saint this year, saying all the right things as soon as the season started.

Even as a Laker fan, I haven't liked Kobe for years but this year, man, he's been a likeable fellow. Just like MJ, he finally "got it" in terms of the team. He's probably my 3rd favorite Laker now after Odom and Ronny.

As Kobe continues to win and LeBron continues to lose, I think their roles will reverse. Hell, Kobe even gets a large amount of MVP chants in Colorado now, you know it's going good in Kobe World.

SRJ
05-15-2008, 06:42 PM

Pretty simple really - because he's not.

He's the leader of that team and he is making it clear that he is going to make sure that they don't play frantic and panicky and game six. He is also putting a target on himself rather than his teammates.

Lebron James' team won't play desparate. Neither will Tim Duncan's or Deron Williams' teams.

JamStone
05-15-2008, 06:49 PM
I don't get the statement.

Is LeBron saying if in game 6 they're down 15 points at the start of the fourth quarter, they aren't going to play desperate? They will have to if they want to find a way to win. Is he saying once it's pretty obvious they're going to lose, they're just going to roll over and die rather than pulling out everything they have to try to find a way to win?

Pistons < Spurs
05-15-2008, 11:14 PM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3306/hotairlebronjg5.jpg

BlackSwordsMan
05-15-2008, 11:17 PM
No more gibson. They better be now

peskypesky
05-15-2008, 11:30 PM
http://www.tnt.tv/sports/top5/ No. 5

"LeBron James team is never desperate"

What about Cleveland Cavaliers... are they? :lol

Lebron has turned into an arrogant prick. He reminds me of the way Kobe used to be. To Kobe's credit, he really matured this season and changed my opinion of him.

Lebron, on the other hand, disgusts me. This is a guy who was SWEPT in the Finals last year, who is facing elimination (after having laid eggs in the first 2 games), and he's talking about himself in the third person like he's actually done something. It's one thing for Shaq to talk like that, as he has 4 rings, 3 Finals MVPs and a regular season MVP. But Lebron? Please. What an arrogant, pompous douche.

This is what happens when you're worshipped and called the King before you've ever even won something.

If I was one of Lebron's team-mates, I'd resent his attitude and his statement. A "Lebron James" team, my ass.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-15-2008, 11:49 PM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3306/hotairlebronjg5.jpg

:lmao I asked for this in a thread like 2 days ago! Great job :tu

ATXSPUR
05-16-2008, 12:18 AM
I think ppl are overeacting to this. Nothing wrong with what he said.

And I dislike the cavs and all the head lebron gets from the media.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2008, 12:35 AM
maybe if they played with desperation they would have won a Finals game

endrity
05-16-2008, 03:53 AM
:lmao I asked for this in a thread like 2 days ago! Great job :tu

someone posted it right after you asked. It was the comment about his dunk i think, the one where he said the team needed a play like that.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2008, 05:15 AM
Considering how fragile the Celtics are mentally, that's a great statement to make. They're going to tighten up when this series goes down to the wire, and just the thought that the Cavs aren't intimidated will scare them more.

Besides, nobody here is suggesting that they are surprised LBJ has a big ego, right? :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-16-2008, 05:23 AM
Lebron James has always had an ego.
But at least it's not an act like KG.

Who's really a frightened little puppy, underneath the facade. Lebron actually believes and looks to deliver