PDA

View Full Version : No, Appease You

Guru of Nothing
05-15-2008, 10:55 PM
When Talking Points Go Bad (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/24655385#24655385)

PixelPusher
05-16-2008, 01:25 AM
If only I'd blown off my high school history class, I too could have had a lucrative career as a right wing radio hack. (sigh)

ChumpDumper
05-16-2008, 01:53 AM
That was pretty brutal. Didn't he know what the topic was going to be? He should have Googled that on his cell phone while he was stalling.

Nbadan
05-16-2008, 04:29 AM
:lmao

RandomGuy
05-16-2008, 08:47 AM
When Talking Points Go Bad (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/24655385#24655385)

I saw that last night. It was fucking awesome to see some holier-than-thou punk get spanked for his hollow, self-serving, hypocritical rhetoric.

I have long said that right-wing talk radio is bad for America for simply providing a platform for demogogues. This was a prime example of ignorance masquerading as "truth" that seems to be the bread and butter of far right wing politics.

JoeChalupa
05-16-2008, 08:52 AM
I loved it!! :lol

possessed
05-16-2008, 09:44 AM
If only I'd blown off my high school history class, I too could have had a lucrative career as a right wing radio hack. (sigh)

Wait a second. Who was the one that said the USS Cole happened during the Bush administration?

Funny the libs missed that tidbit. Matthews could learn a thing or two about history himself. And this was fairly recent for fuck's sake. :wakeup

JoeChalupa
05-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Wait a second. Who was the one that said the USS Cole happened during the Bush administration?

Funny the libs missed that tidbit. Matthews could learn a thing or two about history himself. And this was fairly recent for fuck's sake. :wakeup

Not the same thing. This guy couldn't even correct himself because he DIDN'T KNOW.

possessed
05-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Not the same thing. This guy couldn't even correct himself because he DIDN'T KNOW.

Someone has to call him on it as he said it so smugly, talking out of the side of his mouth like he always does. Chris Matthews is a hack. That no-name conservative radio host should have quit while he was behind and challenged him to a duel.

BTW, the Air America guy is probably the third lib I've heard call Obabma Osama.

Spurminator
05-16-2008, 10:10 AM
I couldn't make it past the four minute mark. How do people watch this crap?

clambake
05-16-2008, 10:17 AM

possessed is obsessed with yesteryear.:lol

possessed
05-16-2008, 10:28 AM
possessed is obsessed with yesteryear.:lol

Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it.

I am obsessed with the truth, for the truth shall set you free.

And possibly obsessed with 100 year old catchphrases.

clambake
05-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it.

I am obsessed with the truth, for the truth shall set you free.

And possibly obsessed with 100 year old catchphrases.

:lol

PixelPusher
05-16-2008, 10:35 AM
That was pretty brutal. Didn't he know what the topic was going to be? He should have Googled that on his cell phone while he was stalling.

That would make a cool iPhone commercial.

"...so I was totally stumped after the TV host called my bluff, but I stalled for time, yammering away about appeasement, while looked up Neville Chamberlain on wikipedia using the Safari browser..."

xrayzebra
05-16-2008, 10:42 AM
The messiah has no clothes, but don't tell anyone or be critical. Just accept him as
your savior and God. Yeah, baby!

RandomGuy
05-16-2008, 10:46 AM

http://www.shipmentoffail.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/failcar.jpg

The USS Cole bombing was a suicide bombing attack against the U.S. Navy guided missile destroyer USS Cole (DDG 67) on October 12, 2000 while it was harbored in the Yemeni port of Aden. Seventeen sailors were killed.

RandomGuy
05-16-2008, 10:48 AM

Note to self:

check facts first, shoot mouth off later... ;)

Say what you want about Mathews' point of view, but he is rarely wrong when it comes to facts.

clambake
05-16-2008, 11:03 AM
The messiah has no clothes, but don't tell anyone or be critical. Just accept him as
your savior and God. Yeah, baby!

geez gramps, you really need to upgrade your material. its not even june and this shit is worn.

PixelPusher
05-16-2008, 11:11 AM

Note to self:

check facts first, shoot mouth off later... ;)

Clinton had 3 month left to go.

No worries, if you ever get caught in a bind like that again, try RWR method of raising your voice and repeating your talking points.

RandomGuy
05-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Clinton had 3 month left to go.

No worries, if you ever get caught in a bind like that again, try RWR method of raising your voice and repeating your talking points.

(Thinks for a second)

You are indeed correct.

I will do the guy the favor of not editing my post, so that I can now be made fun of.

Never let it be said that I can't take it as well as dish it out. Hell, I might even be wrong and admit it from time to time.

Crap. :bang

PixelPusher
05-16-2008, 11:20 AM
(Thinks for a second)

You are indeed correct.

I will do the guy the favor of not editing my post, so that I can now be made fun of.

Never let it be said that I can't take it as well as dish it out. Hell, I might even be wrong and admit from time to time.

Crap. :bang
Gracious Mea Culpas? :nope You simply don't have the chops to make it as a right wing hack.

MannyIsGod
05-16-2008, 01:34 PM
I don't think the fact that Matthews got that Cole date wrong matters unless he's going on a national TV show talking about that fact and using it in a political manner. This talk show host went on Hardball supporting an analogy made which he obviously didn't understand.

No one is asking everyone to know every fact on every date of everything in American History, but if you're going to reference somthing you better damn well know what you're talking about.

RandomGuy
05-16-2008, 01:47 PM
I don't think the fact that Matthews got that Cole date wrong matters unless he's going on a national TV show talking about that fact and using it in a political manner. This talk show host went on Hardball supporting an analogy made which he obviously didn't understand.

No one is asking everyone to know every fact on every date of everything in American History, but if you're going to reference somthing you better damn well know what you're talking about.

Fuckin' A right. :tu

I am glad you said this, because it saved me the time.

I will generally give even people I disagree with a fair "mulligan" every once in a while, but I don't let really gross stupidity slide at any time, and this definitely falls in that category.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Were they there to talk about the Cole. I'd agree that Matthews was as unprepared as obscure conservotalk guy.

possessed
05-16-2008, 03:41 PM

Don't tell me MSNBC couldn't do better than some idiot Mel Kiper-looking regional talk show yahoo to go up against Matthews and the president of the Air America network. He certainly doesn't mind stacking the deck in his favor.

possessed
05-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Were they there to talk about the Cole. I'd agree that Matthews was as unprepared as obscure conservotalk guy.

No, it was brought up by obscure conservotalk guy and instead of letting it go, Matthews thought foolishly to interject it back into the conversation in historically incorrect context.

He also mentioned that appeasement was "to give things away" which is true of Chaimberlain's foreign policy, but it's not necessarily what appeasement means. Appeasement is to make some sort of concession or give into demands of the enemy. It doesn't mean you have to give them anything.

Maybe Matthews should look it up. :toast

ChumpDumper
05-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Sorry the conservative guy got so badly owned.

And nice of you to throw him under the bus too instead of just trying to weasel out a counterargument.

You guys suck. :toast

Nbadan
05-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Don't tell me MSNBC couldn't do better than some idiot Mel Kiper-looking regional talk show yahoo to go up against Matthews and the president of the Air America network. He certainly doesn't mind stacking the deck in his favor.

Possessed is right, CNN should have torpedoed the idiot Glenn Beck instead...

QB0T9ATFhXg

ClingingMars
05-16-2008, 05:24 PM
http://www.shipmentoffail.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/failcar.jpg

yeah because something that happens 9 months into one's presidency MUST be his fault! :lmao

also, when I heard the phrase "Air America Radio" I shut the video off cause no one listens to that bullshit.

- Mars

ClingingMars
05-16-2008, 05:25 PM

And nice of you to throw him under the bus too instead of just trying to weasel out a counterargument.

you mean we don't agree with every single word that comes out of the conservative movement? *gasp*

- Mars

clambake
05-16-2008, 05:34 PM
what conservative movement?

ClingingMars
05-16-2008, 06:22 PM
what conservative movement?

uhhh that little political thingie that Ronald Reagan started? The Reagan Revolution? Ring any bells....

probably not, political trolls are the worst.

- Mars

ChumpDumper
05-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Reagan didn't start that.

You guys really don't know about your own history.

possessed
05-16-2008, 07:23 PM

I'm not a conservative. What kind of conservative would have an avatar like mine? :toast

Anti-liberal, sure.

Conservative, no. :lol

I get the hate from the hippes and Christians alike. Life is okay.

clambake
05-16-2008, 07:27 PM
uhhh that little political thingie that Ronald Reagan started? The Reagan Revolution? Ring any bells....

probably not, political trolls are the worst.

- Mars

you're supposed to hate reagan for appeasing the iranians.

geez you're fucking stupid.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm not a conservative. What kind of conservative would have an avatar like mine? :toastI have avatars and sigs turned off.

RandomGuy
05-16-2008, 08:50 PM
yeah because something that happens 9 months into one's presidency MUST be his fault! :lmao

also, when I heard the phrase "Air America Radio" I shut the video off cause no one listens to that bullshit.

- Mars

Wrong answer. You didn't actually read the rest of it. I was wrong, the Cole was in the last few months of the Clinton administration. Bush didn't take over until Jan 2001, not Jan 2000.

Easy mistake to make tho'. ;)

clambake
05-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Wrong answer. You didn't actually read the rest of it. I was wrong, the Cole was in the last few months of the Clinton administration. Bush didn't take over until Jan 2001, not Jan 2000.

Easy mistake to make tho'. ;)

don't sweat it. this thread is about appeasement and Mars doesn't know his own mantra, and he knows even less about reagan.

possessed
05-16-2008, 10:59 PM
This one wasn't bad either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj4VK9wVAi0

ChumpDumper
05-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Yep, also a good one. I was wondering how long it would take someone to dig that one up.

Gotta be prepared.

MannyIsGod
05-17-2008, 12:37 AM
No, it was brought up by obscure conservotalk guy and instead of letting it go, Matthews thought foolishly to interject it back into the conversation in historically incorrect context.

He also mentioned that appeasement was "to give things away" which is true of Chaimberlain's foreign policy, but it's not necessarily what appeasement means. Appeasement is to make some sort of concession or give into demands of the enemy. It doesn't mean you have to give them anything.

Maybe Matthews should look it up. :toast

I'm sure they would have preferred to have George Bush himself in that chair but I doubt he'd accept the invitation.

I don't read much into it anyway. Its cable news - IE shit. But that talking point by the Republicans is sensational, ignorant, and flat out wrong so it probably belongs with all the other crap on CNN/MSNBC/Fox News.

scott
05-17-2008, 08:06 AM
"Why are you screaming?"

That was pretty funny.

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 11:08 AM
don't sweat it. this thread is about appeasement and Mars doesn't know his own mantra, and he knows even less about reagan.

nah just ignore the political trolls like you.

:dont

- Mars

clambake
05-17-2008, 02:28 PM
nah just ignore the political trolls like you.

:dont

- Mars

a conservative that praises reagan and doesn't know anything about reagan is a troll.