PDA

View Full Version : Spurs interested in Qyntel Woods?

kolko
01-24-2005, 01:59 AM
Out of the Woods? The Spurs, according to a league source, have expressed interest in forward Qyntel Woods, who was released by Portland on Friday after pleading guilty to first-degree misdemeanor animal abuse.

Woods had been suspended by the Trail Blazers since the start of the season after Portland authorities began investigating him for dog fighting. A 6-foot-8 forward, he was Portland's first-round draft choice in 2002.

The Spurs do not have the salary-cap room to claim Woods off waivers. Even if he does clear waivers and becomes a free agent, he might be more interested in joining a team that could offer more playing time.

The Spurs, who initially inquired about Woods last summer, would have to make a trade or waive a player to clear a roster spot for him.

Link (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA012405.7D.BKNspurs.notebook.3a849d8a.html)

ChumpDumper
01-24-2005, 02:00 AM
Even if he does clear waivers and becomes a free agent, he might be more interested in joining a team that could offer more playing time.No "might" about it.

Kori Ellis
01-24-2005, 02:01 AM
Interesting. The guy doesn't seem like Spurs material. But stranger things have happened.

timvp
01-24-2005, 02:03 AM
This is crazy. This guy had the worst attitude I ever saw when I watched him in summer leagues. He is no doubt talented and has a good NBA body, but to make a reach for a guy of this character at this point of the season is odd.

I guess they'd cut Sato and move Wilks to IR, but I'd rather just wait for Linton to get well.

Very odd.

Kori Ellis
01-24-2005, 02:06 AM
Maybe Linton's injury isn't getting any better and they'd cut him to get Woods.

But it still seems a little far-fetched.

baseline bum
01-24-2005, 02:07 AM
Pop has resurrected a lot of careers from the dumpster. I'm not sure that Woods wants his career saved though; it's not like this is Jack who just had problems with a bad coach or Devin Brown who came in as CBA talent with an NBA work ethic. I think I'd steer clear on this one though even if the team wasn't 34-9.

ChumpDumper
01-24-2005, 02:13 AM
WWGWD?

whottt
01-24-2005, 02:47 AM
This guy is scum. True scum. Absolute scum. I can't believe the Spurs are thinking about getting this guy. I can't believe the Spurs would even consider it. I guess the Spurs are just another franchise now and everything Drob made this organization stand for is disintegrating bit by bit.

I mean we can sugarcoat it but but I think it's pretty obvious this teams rep for class and upstanding citizenship has coninued the past few years largely due to flukes...and is still intact due to more to providence than any design by the team...looking at the types of guys we have tried to sign over the past few years.

This guy is a lowlife, anyone who fights dogs and organizes that sort of thing is just bad human being. He's not just some mixed up dude...he's a bad guy. Anyone who doubts this really needs to go and look at Pitbulls that have been fought...you have to be a sick cruel and mean motherfucker to enjoy that.

Spurs are about winning now...and that's fine, but this team really doesn't have any room to go around sucking itself off about it's commitment to high character when they are constantly trying to get guys like Woods and Wallace(and no, he's not near as bad as Woods IMO).

mattyc
01-24-2005, 03:15 AM
I'd take a wide berth from a guy with his reported persona.

Why risk chemisty?

Kori Ellis
01-24-2005, 04:10 AM
Never mind that two NBA sources said Woods, 23, failed a drug test. Never mind that Woods pleaded guilty to misdemeanor animal abuse. Never mind that Woods once presented a basketball trading card to a state trooper as identification. And never mind that in December, while the Blazers were playing in Atlanta, a team representative reported that Woods showed up in the lobby of the team hotel smelling like marijuana.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf?/base/sports/1106398834172300.xml

timvp
01-24-2005, 04:14 AM
The Spurs make no sense sometimes. Why the heck would they want this drugged out, bad attitude IR fodder? Yeah, he could be good after rehab and some mental help, but what does that have to do with this season? If you think he's that good, wait until the summer and make a run after him then. I'm sure he'll do something to piss off the team he ends up signing with.

whottt
01-24-2005, 04:31 AM
Then again, this entire thing could be speculative BS. I mean what is a league source exactly? For all we know it could be Woods' agent trying to scare some other contenders into signing him, or speculation from another team's execs...

Why exactly would the Spurs let it be known they want to sign this guy? It's certainly not going to help their chances of signing him...unless they want a team with a bad record to claim him for them or something(not sure if they can do that or not)...

I understand Pop wants to win and will go to great lengths to do so, and that maybe we can get carried away with the character aspect of this franchise...but I'd really like to believe the team would draw the line at Woods...I mean they have to draw it somewhere. He's a whole different animal than your typical NBA screw up. All BS aside, I'm really going to be disappointed in the Spurs if I find out they wanted to sign this guy.

Brodels
01-24-2005, 06:59 AM
Dumb.

What a great way to ruin some great chemistry.

Useruser666
01-24-2005, 08:37 AM
I think everyone is jumping the gun on this. Has this been CONFIRMED at all by any respectable source? Give the Spurs some credit.

Supergirl
01-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Yeah, bringing in this guy to sit on the IR is a bad idea - he'll just make trouble. Let him go to Atlanta or someplace where he can get minutes and no one cares what he does.

Is there anyword on LJ III? I thought he flew to Chicago or something for some rehab work?

SpursWoman
01-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Sorry, but...

Never mind that Woods once presented a basketball trading card to a state trooper as identification.

How cool would it to be to be able to do that? :lol :lol

ducks
01-24-2005, 09:38 AM
who would you rather have him or mailman

ducks
01-24-2005, 09:38 AM
maybe this rumor is to make mailman make up his mind

IcemanCometh
01-24-2005, 09:47 AM
Cause no one ever deserves a 2nd chance

ducks
01-24-2005, 09:50 AM
stephen jackson got a 2 chance with spurs

not sure I would add him right now though

IX_Equilibrium
01-24-2005, 10:32 AM
"He has had other brushes with the law, most notably in 2003, when he was stopped in Portland for speeding. He was cited for marijuana possession and driving without insurance and a suspended license. He paid a $1,000 fine for possession."

ChumpDumper
01-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Let John Lucas have him first.

SpurYank
01-24-2005, 10:54 AM
You "ain't heard anything yet!" Have you heard that we are also interested in bringing back Derek Anderson to make up for the shabby treatment we gave him?

You may also wanna ask about that bridge I have for sale.

mrblonde17
01-24-2005, 11:43 AM
It sounds pretty goofy and I'm apt to believe this is only a rumor, but if it has any substance to it, I think Pop and R.C. know what they're doing. They could be working a deal that would eventually become a trade. I think the stink from Rodman's tenure here is still around; I don't think they're about to make an investment that would screw up chemistry and image.

ChumpDumper
01-24-2005, 12:37 PM
I'm sure the CIAPop dossier on Woods is a bit thicker than a few newspaper clippings. From a pure basketball standpoint it's a no-brainer -- buy low. From a character standpoint, who knows? Can he be turned around? We're always talking about taking on projects like Eddie Griffin....

ShoogarBear
01-24-2005, 12:39 PM
I guess Leon Smith hasn't called us back . . .

whottt
01-24-2005, 01:19 PM
Cause no one ever deserves a 2nd chance

Woods had been suspended by the Trail Blazers since the start of the season after Portland authorities began investigating him for dog fighting.

I'm very glad to hear you feel that way Ice...be sure to go down to the TLAC...because...

http://www.pbrc.net/pictures4/Titausrescue3.jpg
http://www.pbrc.net/stories/titusstory.html

http://www.pbrc.net/pictures10/princessN9400_2.jpg

http://www.pbrc.net/pictures10/princessKPBR_0.jpg

http://pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/pictures2/march2003-01.jpg

http://pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/pictures2/march2003-02.jpg

http://pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/pictures2/march2003-08.jpg

http://pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/pictures2/march2003-03.jpg

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/image/faithpic.jpg

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/pictures/buddyfight.jpg

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/image/petuniasd.jpg

3 Maryland Teenagers Arrested for Setting Dog on Fire

On February 4, 2001, three teenagers in Salisbury, MD were arrested for setting a 6-month-old Pit Bull on fire after stealing it and forcing it to fight another dog. Firefighters found the dog at about 7 p.m. Sunday night after responding to the scene of a grass fire. According to the Wicomico County Sheriff's office, the dog died shortly after being brought to the veterinarian. The three teenagers are being charged with felony arson and misdemeanor animal cruelty.

This horrific attack comes just six months after a Pit Bull mix was doused with lighter fluid in Baltimore County. The dog, KB, who suffered burns to 50 percent of its body and was given a 50-50 chance of survival by doctors, eventually recovered and was sent home with his rescuer several months after the incident.

Currently, animal cruelty is only a misdemeanor in Maryland although The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is working with advocates throughout Maryland to elevate the law to a felony this year. Thirty-one states and the District of Columbia have already enacted felony-level provisions for intentional and deliberate cases of animal cruelty.

Fight to the Death (http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/articles/collinsart.html)

They have quite a few Pit Bulls that have been rescued from being fought....and they have quite a few of them in need of second chances.

You'll have a wide selection of them...although you probably won't find one that's very pretty, and it will probably be kind of expensive getting their ripped off faces fixed.

I know I can count on you to practice what you preach on this...

smeagol
01-24-2005, 01:57 PM
If the allegations are true, its very hard to give this guy a second chance.

whottt
01-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Especially when he excuses these allegations by saying that he would never knowingly do anything to injure his female Pit Bull.

He truly loves his dog, he just considers it fun leisure to fight her against another Pit Bull, he had no clue it would hurt her...I mean who knew Pit Bulls could fight like this?

No doubt after she had to have one of her legs amputed, had her face ripped off, was blinded, or emotionally and mentally scarred for life, and turned into a homocidal and psychotic threat to small children, other people, and animals, he was going to spend the rest of her life giving he plenty of love and affection as the faimly dog, probably let her spend the rest of her days playing with his kids......and not dump her on the side of the highway for society to clean up...

T Park
01-24-2005, 02:09 PM
I am shocked the Spurs would look at this guy.

But once again, take what you see in the paper with a grain of salt.

IMO a guy like this is not Spurs like.

Whottt, name some guys the Spurs have picked up post David that have been shit heads.

There are none.

whottt
01-24-2005, 02:18 PM
Whottt, name some guys the Spurs have picked up post David that have been shit heads.

There are none.

They haven't. Not like this guy. They've never tried to sign someone like this guy...the main questionable characters they have tried to sign were guys with drug problems...I've never really complained about it when they try and sign those guys, other than the fact I don't think they'll help the team. I don't like it, but it's nothing like this and I usually don't like those types of players because they have a tendency to fuck up in games and hurt team chemistry.

But this guy is a whole different type of deal...Karl Malone is a Saint compared to this guy.

And the truth is, I'm not really that pissed about it yet because I don't think many people understand just what "dogfighting" is...It's easy to minimize it if you haven't seen the effects of it first hand.

I would just hope that someone would point out to the Spurs just what kind of individuals engage in dogfighting...they are usually pretty psychotic and violent people and their cruelty isn't limited to animals.

This guy is scum...I just hope someone points out to the Spurs just how much scum he truly is..because I don't think they truly understand what type of individual they are pursuing. If they even are pursuing him.

tlongII
01-24-2005, 02:26 PM
This thread is much ado about nothing. The Spurs would be last in line to claim Woods off of waivers and some other team will certainly take a chance on him before the Spurs have the opportunity. Woods is an idiot, but he does have talent. One of the middle of the pack teams will claim him first.

whottt
01-24-2005, 02:33 PM
I wish Portland would start neutering it's idiot scumbags...they have got to be the #1 producer of scum in the NBA. I'm sure you're proud of your team.

Dre_7
01-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Why is everyone freakin?!?! He may be scum, but you are acting like SA signed him!!! Its just a rumor that says SA expressed interest in him. How many rumors are there in a given NBA season. Just relax, I would be willing to put money on the fact that SA wont sign him.

Also, Im not condoning(sp?) what he did, but everyone deserves forgivness/a second chance in life. Im sure we've all done things we are ashamed of. Again, what he did isnt right, Im just saying, as a person who has changed my life (I did some pretty horrible things before I found Christ), everyone can change.

But, dont worry, SA WONT SIGN HIM!

whottt
01-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Also, Im not condoning(sp?) what he did, but everyone deserves forgivness/a second chance in life. !

More than 50 Dogs Seized in Raid to be Killed (http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=F8F8B00F-F956-4A91-91E5-C00517EC7EF7)

More than 50 Dogs Seized in Raid to be Killed
LAST UPDATE: 1/22/2005 8:16:13 AM
Posted By: Walker Robinson
Watch this story...

More than 50 adult pit bulls, thought to be part of a dog fighting ring in eastern Bexar County will be euthanized, a judge ruled Thursday.

The judge also gave 40 pit bull puppies to an anti-animal cruelty group.

The man accused of running the dog fighting ring, Brian Bailey, was in court Thursday, attempting to get the dogs back. The judge found enough evidence of animal cruelty to not allow it.

The pit bulls were seized earlier this month after Bexar County Sheriff's Deputies raided some property on Trainer Hale Road. Animal cruelty investigators say there is no way these adult dogs can be adopted. They claim the dogs were bred and trained to kill.

As for the 40 puppies taken during the raid, each will be evaluated to see if it is adoptable.

“We're going to do aggression tests with them,” animal cruelty investigator Dave Garcia said. “We're going to assess their aggression within their litters and things of that nature.”

If the puppies pass the evaluations, they can be adopted, but investigators told News 4 WOAI the dogs will never be given to families with young children out of the fear the animals may attack.

Bailey and four others arrested in the raid have court hearings scheduled for next month.

Too bad those 50 dogs won't be given a second chance...

But they do have some puppies in need of adoption.

Humane Society of Bexar County
(210) 226-7461
4804 Fredericksburg Rd
San Antonio, TX 78229
6.3 mi NW - Directions

Remember, we all deserve a second chance...or at least a 1st one. I know you'll do your part.

Be sure to watch the video at that link.

Dre_7
01-24-2005, 03:00 PM
I assume you have never done anything bad in your life.

Dre_7
01-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Remember, we all deserve a second chance...or at least a 1st one.

Its too bad alot of the same people who apply that to animals dont apply it to unborn babies, but thats a different topic for a different forum.

T Park
01-24-2005, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE] assume you have never done anything bad in your life.[QUOTE]

Im assuming he has, but not on the level of this clown.

Stop defending this scumbag with "everyone deserves a second chance"

The guy is scum, he should be run out of the league until he straightens up.

Dre_7
01-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Im not defending him! Yes, he is scum, I just know that EVEN scum can change their life (I was and I have). Im not saying he has changed his life. Im just saying its possible cuz I have done it and I am living proof. Im just saying everyone deserve a change to atoin(sp?), repent, or whatever you want to call it, for their mistakes.

No, SA shouldnt sign him!

whottt
01-24-2005, 03:20 PM
I assume you have never done anything bad in your life.

I'm just asking you to practice what you preach. It's easy to ponitificat on forgiveness and second chances, but it's much more difficult to walk that walk.

Be sure and watch that video.

And then remember what you said about second chances.

They are going to kill 90 dogs who did nothing wrong other than having the misfortunes of being born to asshole owners.

You advocate a second chance for men who produce these sort of problems...make sure you apply that same philosophy to poor dumb victims of these men as well.

And remember not to judge the Pit Bull the next time one of these assholes let's him get loose and they kill a child or someone elses' pet.

Did you know that it's a myth that Pit Bulls can lock their jaws? They are no different than any other dog, except for their incredible determination to please their owner and succeed in their job.

If their owner wants them to be a killing machine then that is what they will become to please him.

It's pretty sick what is being done to these dogs. They are actually among the most heroic, intelligent, brave, devoted and loyal of all dogs.
And left to their own devices they are the dog that is the 4th least likely to bite or attack someone.

In fact the entire concept of police dogs and the k9 corps in the military were inspired by the actions of 1 dog in World War 1. An American Pit Bull...one of the most decorated soldiers in US history.

There was also a Pit Bull who saved 30 people, 29 cats and 12 horses in 1993. Whenever you hear a story of a dog taking a gunshot for it's owner or throwing itself in front of a snake to protect it's owner...90% of those stories were inspired by Pit Bulls...

And our repayment to this animal for his bravery, loyalty and determination, is to turn him into an abused and cruelly mistreated monster, ostracized from society, and whose extermination and is not even defended by the SPCA. It's the only animal the SPCA won't protect.

Again, be sure to watch that video so you can who and what makes them into monsters that are a danger to your children and those of others.

And then decide if you really think San Antonio needs another asshole like this.

tlongII
01-24-2005, 03:40 PM
I wish Portland would start neutering it's idiot scumbags...they have got to be the #1 producer of scum in the NBA. I'm sure you're proud of your team.

We don't produce them. We just draft or sign them.

boutons
01-24-2005, 03:44 PM
"Be sure and watch that video"

yet another FAKE VIDEO. :)

I read in the Portland on-line newspaper that Portland city gov euthanizes dogs by throwing them 50 feet in the air and down through a basketball hoop. Mercifully, there is no net.

And THEY NEVER MISS the hoop. Breaks the dogs necks and backs instantly.

:lol

exstatic
01-24-2005, 03:58 PM
The Spurs would be last in line to claim Woods off of waivers and some other team will certainly take a chance on him before the Spurs have the opportunity. Woods is an idiot, but he does have talent. One of the middle of the pack teams will claim him first.

He'll clear waivers, TLong. No team wants to be responsible for the remaining rookie contract $$$, when there is a GREAT chance that they can get him for minimum, and make Paul Allen pay the rest of the 1.5 year remaining guaranteed money. :lol

editor's note: Steven Jackson was a bad attitude case when he got here. He spent most of his first season on IR, and pissed and moaned. The Spurs managed to straighten him up, and turn him into a starter on a ring team. That being said, because of Jax's relapse into an idiot in Indy, Pop and RC had better use a ten foot pole to evaluate QW if they want to sign him. Sometimes the leopard doesn't change spots, he just rolls in the mud to hide them.

tlongII
01-24-2005, 04:01 PM
He'll clear waivers, TLong. No team wants to be responsible for the remaining rookie contract $$$, when there is a GREAT chance that they can get him for minimum, and make Paul Allen pay the rest of the 1.5 year remaining guaranteed money. :lol

No he won't. This is the last year of Qyntel's rookie contract. Whatever team picks him up will only be responsible for about $500K. That is peanuts in today's NBA.

exstatic
01-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Dawg, this is only Qyntel's second season. Three years are guaranteed.

Kori Ellis
01-24-2005, 04:07 PM
Woods will be placed on the NBA's waiver wire, allowing every team, starting with the organization with the worst record, to have an opportunity to sign him. If he is picked up off the waiver wire, that team will take on the $551,100 remaining on his Blazers contract.

If no team takes him during the waiver process, Woods can sign with any team, after which the Blazers and the new team would have to pay him. Teams will have until Tuesday morning to select Woods off the waiver wire.

However, Blazers president Steve Patterson said the Blazers "are not paying him a cent."

"He has cost us millions in cash and tens of million in bad publicity," Patterson said. "If you can't waive a guy for breach of contract after that, I don't know when you can."

Brothers said the National Basketball Players Association will fight the Blazers' decision to suspend Woods for eight exhibition games and the first 38 regular season games. The union is seeking a settlement in which the Blazers pay Woods his entire $1.127 million this season, while the Blazers are claiming their suspension was just.

The issue will go to arbitration, but it is unknown when.

"The Trail Blazers have been making up their own rules as they go along," Brothers said. "There will be other litigation going on in the next few weeks. . . . Steve Patterson's conduct has been unacceptable."

Woods has been living in Los Angeles with Brothers since October. Brothers has been picking up his living expenses while the Blazers continued to withhold $12,525 for every game he was suspended.

Woods declined to be interviewed Friday, in part on the advice of Brothers.

"It's not appropriate for him to talk right now," Brothers said. "There is going to be other stuff happening in the next couple of weeks that people will understand when it comes out."

However, Brothers said that Woods wanted to thank the Blazers coaching staff -- particularly head coach Maurice Cheeks and assistants John Loyer, Jim Lynam and Dan Panaggio -- for periodically checking in on Woods during his suspension.

exstatic
01-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Kori, is or is not the standard rookie deal in the current NBA C.B.A. three years guaranteed with a team option for year 4 and year 5? I don't always believe what sports columnists write. I find that about 1% of them even know what the acronym C.B.A. means.

I think whomever picks him up off waivers would be on the hook for that $551,100, plus his year 3 salary.

timvp
01-24-2005, 04:13 PM
This is actually his third year in the league. So if they claim him, I guess they'd have the option on the fourth year.

exstatic
01-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Ah, my bad. He only shows two years of stats on NBA do com. I guess being suspended for a whole season, to date, will have no stat impact.

Mea culpa, Kori and TLong. Someone might actually pick him up, then.

smeagol
01-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Im not defending him! Yes, he is scum, I just know that EVEN scum can change their life (I was and I have). Im not saying he has changed his life. Im just saying its possible cuz I have done it and I am living proof. Im just saying everyone deserve a change to atoin(sp?), repent, or whatever you want to call it, for their mistakes.
Yes, I would give him a second chance if he truly repents. Has he? Does he feel ashamed for what he has done?

ducks
01-24-2005, 04:37 PM
I think he deserves a second chance

aminals or not people

if he did that to people I would not think he deserves a second chance.

Dre_7
01-24-2005, 04:45 PM
You advocate a second chance for men who produce these sort of problems...make sure you apply that same philosophy to poor dumb victims of these men as well.
And then decide if you really think San Antonio needs another asshole like this.

Dude, did you read anything I wrote? First of all, I said that I DONT WANT SA to sign him. Also, you are making it sound like I hate animals and I think what he did was okay. Thats not the case. I think what he did was horrible. He needs to face the consequences of his actions. I guess what I am saying is its possible for people to change their life. Ive done it. I apologize if I offended you. I just believe that people can change. Unfortunatly not everybody does change. He deserves a chance to repent, face the consequnces and punishment of his actions, and change his life. Thats all, Im not saying he shouldn't be held responisble or be declared "Not Guilty." Just that all people deserve a chance to learn from their mistakes and CHANGE their lives. I regret a lot of the things Ive done in the past, but I am not the same person I was back then. I found forgiveness, not forgiveness as in "Okaying what I did" but forgiveness as in turning away from those things and changing my behavior and stuff like that.

Im sorry, I should have made myself clear from the begining: He should face consequences of his actions. But, it is possible that he maybe, might, look at his life and see the things hes done wrong and change his life. If that happens, I believe he deserves a second chance. But, if he doesnt change, then he doesnt deserve anything. That is all Im saying I guess. Again, Im sorry if I offended anyone.

50 cent
01-24-2005, 04:46 PM
They are actually among the most heroic, intelligent, brave, devoted and loyal of all dogs.
This is definitely true. If you have ever been around a Pit that has been treated well his whole life, you would understand how intelligent these dogs are. My roommate in college had one that could literally communicate with you and understood what you were talking about. I just don't understand how you could raise a Pit to fight other Pits.

Having said that, I believe in 2nd chances and Quentel deserves a 2nd chance - just not with the Spurs.

smeagol
01-24-2005, 05:37 PM
I think he deserves a second chance

aminals or not people

if he did that to people I would not think he deserves a second chance.
Ducks, does this mean that animals can be treated any way human's decide to treat them?

Do you think what he, and other like him, do to Pits is not "that bad"?

This guy deserves to be exposed to society for what he has done, which is a terrible thing, even if "animals are not people".

ducks
01-24-2005, 06:21 PM
no it does mean you can treat animals like shit

but he did not kill people or do that to people there is a differnece

the dude deserves a second chance

tlongII
01-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Pit bulls are inherently dangerous dogs. Anyone that doesn't think so is fooling themselves.

ducks
01-24-2005, 06:25 PM
I love dogs

however I would never own a pitbull

I have a golden retriever

I can not stand cats

ChumpDumper
01-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Well, it looks like Portland didn't pick up Woods' option for next year, so any Bird rights are severely limited and barely worth using half a million in cap space or exceptions to get him. He might just clear waivers--I can't think of anyone that would want him that badly, but you never know.

whottt
01-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Pit bulls are inherently dangerous dogs. Anyone that doesn't think so is fooling themselves.
On their own they are no more dangerous than any other large dog Rotweillers, Doberman's, German Shepards etc...actually they are less inclined to bite than those dogs.

What separates them from other dogs is two things...

1.The type of owner they attract. They attract thugs like Qyntel Woods.
2. They excel at what ever they are taught to do. If they are taught to be killers they will certainly excel at it. And they will bite until what they are biting is dead.

And that's why millionaires who like to engage in organized fighting of these dogs, which often leads to producing more of these dogs for the purposes of fighting, than normal dogs, are particularly dangerous men.

And not exactly the type of individual you want to add to a community that already has problems in this area.