PDA

View Full Version : Trapping Paul at the picn and roll

Duncanoypi
05-15-2008, 11:08 PM
is very effective. Remember that defensive play always works with Steve Nash's version of pick and roll.

Continue to trap him and send him away from the basket like they've done earlier. In that way he has no angle to make a lob to Chandler or create a shot for himself.

I think this is the turning point of the game...and the series!

Spurs in 7! :flag::lobt2:

ducks
05-15-2008, 11:09 PM
I wish they saved that for game 7

ballhog
05-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Lot harder to throw alley-oops from beyond 3-pt line. I like it. Of course, Scott will counter with something else.

peskypesky
05-15-2008, 11:18 PM
yeah, very nice adjustment by pop. hope they can do it in game 7. trap him high, get the ball out of his hands, make others create. and let duncan shut down west while bowen shuts down peja.

Solid D
05-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Trapping Paul at the picn and roll is very effective. Remember that defensive play always works with Steve Nash's version of pick and roll.

I wouldn't know. I get all my strategy from cajunhornetsbayou.

Whisky Dog
05-15-2008, 11:22 PM
It worked today because the hornets have no balls on the road. If the shooters are hitting like they usually do at home then the defense can get exploited. I'd throw it in as a wrinkle along with hedging and cutting under the pick. It can be effective if you catch them off guard with it.

Fuck the hornets.

DazedAndConfused
05-15-2008, 11:35 PM
It's effective when David West is not hitting his shots. When West is on fire from midrange trapping CP3 gives him wide open looks.

polandprzem
05-15-2008, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't know. I get all my strategy from cajunhornetsbayou.

:lol

excactly :D