PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Showed Immaturity Tonight

alon504
05-15-2008, 11:30 PM
That's right. No smack here. And I'll give props to the Spurs. It was a helluva game and it's been a helluva series, but, tonight, the Hornets came out in the third pumped...maybe over-pumped. So the Hornets are down by, only 10, and we get three charging fouls, and then DWest gets the T. That is when the immaturity came out, IMO. At that point, the Hornets lost composure, concentration, and they became out of sync. It unraveled at that point for the Hornets. Then the crowd in SA got into it, and the Hornets simply went downhill from there. Of course the Spurs would take advantage of this situation. Here we have the defending champs playing at home and we allow these types of mental errors enter the game?!? It was really a game until that point. There you go...you're getting it real from someone who knows the Hornets back and forth, is sitting at home in front of his computer smack in the middle of New Orleans, less than a mile from the arena. I'm calling it real right here for you. With that said, without being a homer, I still think the Hornets will win on Monday. Couple of things for you guys to notice, if the Hornets do win on Monday...1.) It will be franchise history for the Hornets---they have never made it to a conference championship, and 2.) It will be a first for New Orleans, as well...we've never been this far in the NBA playoffs, with the Hornets or the Jazz. It should be a good game and this series deserves a Game 7. It's been real and it's been good. GEAUX HORNETS!!

Deb
05-15-2008, 11:34 PM
That's right. No smack here. And I'll give props to the Spurs. It was a helluva game and it's been a helluva series, but, tonight, the Hornets came out in the third pumped...maybe over-pumped. So the Hornets are down by, only 10, and we get three charging fouls, and then DWest gets the T. That is when the immaturity came out, IMO. At that point, the Hornets lost composure, concentration, and they became out of sync. It unraveled at that point for the Hornets. Then the crowd in SA got into it, and the Hornets simply went downhill from there. Of course the Spurs would take advantage of this situation. Here we have the defending champs playing at home and we allow these types of mental errors enter the game?!? It was really a game until that point. There you go...you're getting it real from someone who knows the Hornets back and forth, is sitting at home in front of his computer smack in the middle of New Orleans, less than a mile from the arena. I'm calling it real right here for you. With that said, without being a homer, I still think the Hornets will win on Monday. Couple of things for you guys to notice, if the Hornets do win on Monday...1.) It will be franchise history for the Hornets---they have never made it to a conference championship, and 2.) It will be a first for New Orleans, as well...we've never been this far in the NBA playoffs, with the Hornets or the Jazz. It should be a good game and this series deserves a Game 7. It's been real and it's been good. GEAUX HORNETS!!

Hey, a decent Hornets poster. I like you. May the best team win Monday night
:flag::flag:

MaNuMaNiAc
05-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Whatever happens, the Hornets have proven to be one of the hardest playoff opponents the Spurs have faced in the past decade. Props to the Hornets for giving us one hell of a ride. Spurs win on Monday though

bdictjames
05-15-2008, 11:46 PM
Fuck this shit, experience, as proven by the Hornets, accounts for so little in the playoffs. Both teams are evenly matched against one another, and I hope a great game will be played in game 7. Hopefully the refs wont be biased either way.

peskypesky
05-15-2008, 11:46 PM
cheers

good post

let the best team win

MadDog73
05-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Whatever happens, the Hornets have proven to be one of the hardest playoff opponents the Spurs have faced in the past decade. Props to the Hornets for giving us one hell of a ride. Spurs win on Monday though

Hornets are a great team, no doubt, and I will root for them to win it all if they win on Monday.

But toughest challenge?

Come on! We got fucking swept by the Lakers in 2001. That was pretty harsh.

Then, in 2004, we win the first two games, and lose 4 straight to the Lakers AGAIN. (0.4 seconds)

The Pistons take us to 7 in the best Finals in the last decade.

We lose Game 7 to the Mavs on homecourt after winning two elimination games in a row.

So, while this series has been a huge challenge, it hasn't been the TOUGHEST challenge the Spurs have ever had to deal with. The fact that so far, we haven't had a close game makes me think we haven't seen both these teams play their best at the same time.

Maybe Monday will deliver, but I'll take another Spurs blowout over a Hornets one anyday.

EDIT: I think I mis-read your post, so this is a little harsher than it means to be.

But, my point stands. Even if the Spurs lose Game 7, how will this series rank in the above list?

SpurOutofTownFan
05-16-2008, 12:00 AM

I have to give it to you the hornets are good. game 7 will be the fist game they are about to be eliminated as well as SA was tonight. So we'll see if the shooting struggles end for the spurs and they get the win. I think they can but let's see.

I think the hornets went to SA thinking they will close out but it didn't happen. The difference was the D for SA and the calls actually being called for once, especially on those pushoffs by Paul. It set the tone for the rest of the game and let him know that pushing thing wasnt' going to be allowed anymore. I can live with parker not getting calls on his own as he whines too much but paul was getting away with murder. the rest is ok.

Tyler_Durden
05-16-2008, 12:05 AM
David West needs to calm the f down.

alon504
05-16-2008, 12:31 AM
David West needs to calm the f down.

He's a great player, but, he does get on my nerves with his little fits when he gets a foul. Sometimes I question the officiating, but, I did not tonight. I saw the fouls. You foul, then move on and let it go. It was a major error on his part getting the T. You can't do shit like that in the playoffs. It will be addressed by Coach Scott between now and Monday. I expect a much cleaner game from the Hornets on Monday.

wijayas
05-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Fuck this shit, experience, as proven by the Hornets, accounts for so little in the playoffs. Both teams are evenly matched against one another, and I hope a great game will be played in game 7. Hopefully the refs wont be biased either way.

SPurs have better bench. That's what we need to dig into in Game 7.
I believe in the Spurs!

Tyler_Durden
05-16-2008, 12:58 AM
I expected more from a guy who claims to idolize David Robinson.

JustSpurs
05-16-2008, 01:01 AM
:toast

:toast

mVp
05-16-2008, 01:02 AM

True, it’s anybody’s series...

Game 7 will be epic.

Darcus
05-16-2008, 01:15 AM

Agreed completely.