PDA

View Full Version : On Dan Patrick, Avery just said finals will be Pistons and...

stxspurs
05-16-2008, 08:41 AM
Spurs and the Pistons winning title........can we still take down his number from the rafters:flag:

MoSpur
05-16-2008, 08:42 AM
I just heard that. DP believes AJ will be the next Bulls coach. I think he will be on the Spurs bench.

spursfan09
05-16-2008, 08:43 AM
cant imagine aj on the spurs bench

degenerate_gambler
05-16-2008, 08:45 AM
he sounded more humble than i've heard him in awhile.

stxspurs
05-16-2008, 08:46 AM
me either...i doubt he takes anything less than a head coach....if not im sure he will do tv or something

stxspurs
05-16-2008, 08:48 AM
he sounded more humble than i've heard him in awhile.

i think he was kinda dodged some questions...like dirk being untouchable, or cuban saying his job was on the line...but he made it clear he thought if they haris thier situation would have been better

1Parker1
05-16-2008, 08:51 AM

SpurOutofTownFan
05-16-2008, 08:55 AM
he would only take spurs bench if theres nothing else around

Obstructed_View
05-16-2008, 08:55 AM
but he made it clear he thought if they haris thier situation would have been better

Then he's a stupid ass, because he acted for all the world like he wanted the trade. He certainly never acted like he trusted Harris all that much.

stxspurs
05-16-2008, 10:05 AM
yeah he was praising him saying the relationship was similar to him and pop, cp3 with byron scott and tony and pop.....maybe u had to seem like he liked it cuz thats what cuban wanted

DarrinS
05-16-2008, 10:09 AM
I don't know about the Spurs, but I do see Detroit getting to the finals.

MadDog73
05-16-2008, 10:11 AM

Do you think the Lakers are a lock, or do you think the winner of the Spurs/Hornets will make it?

Agreed about Detroit. Celtics can't beat Detroit in a game 7, if it even lasts that long.

jack sommerset
05-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Then he's a stupid ass, because he acted for all the world like he wanted the trade. He certainly never acted like he trusted Harris all that much.

Avery is planting seeds in New Jersey in case that job is available. They have alot of draft picks and young point guard.:lol

stxspurs
05-16-2008, 10:19 AM
ahhh nice call
then when lebron leaves cleavland to go play for the nets and jayz. he will have a legit superstar

mytespurs
05-16-2008, 10:28 AM

I'm with you. Though I'm a Spurs fan, I think if it's Lakers-Spurs in the Finals, objectively speaking, the Lakers have to be favored. They have been playing consistent ball since near season's end and they've been consistent in the playoffs.

But I would LOVE for the Spurs to buck the odds and get back the NBA Finals, preferably against Boston but I'm cool with Detroit. Detroit will want revenge for 2005. However, I'm sure the NBA won't like that....:lol:

mytespurs
05-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Do you think the Lakers are a lock, or do you think the winner of the Spurs/Hornets will make it?

Agreed about Detroit. Celtics can't beat Detroit in a game 7, if it even lasts that long.

The Lakers may be as close to a lock as you get...they're playing well right now and they have homecourt and we see that homecourt rules thus far. :)

tlongII
05-16-2008, 10:33 AM
The Pistons won't beat the Celtics in Boston. Stern won't let that happen. Ditto with any team winning in L.A..

703 Spurz
05-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Spurs and the Pistons winning title........can we still take down his number from the rafters:flag:

Why does his opinion count exactly?

rayray2k8
05-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Well at least he put us in the Finals. :lol
still got a long way to go to get there....

xtremesteven33
05-16-2008, 01:48 PM
San Antonio Spurs vs Boston Celtics

BOOK IT!!

san antonio spurs
05-16-2008, 01:57 PM
The Pistons won't beat the Celtics in Boston. Stern won't let that happen. Ditto with any team winning in L.A..
Tlong believin' everything is fixed :lol
What else is new?
Still waiting for you to stop watching this fixed league:lmao

50 cent
05-16-2008, 02:03 PM
I just heard that. DP believes AJ will be the next Bulls coach. I think he will be on the Spurs bench.

There is no way Avery will be on the Spurs bench. There are a lot of reason he won't be, but the biggest reason is because Cuban is going to keep paying him through his contract with Dallas until he lands another job.

The only way Avery is going to take another job is a Head Coaching job that will earn him equal or more than what Cuban is paying him to sit on his ass.

jack sommerset
05-16-2008, 02:04 PM
ahhh nice call
then when lebron leaves cleavland to go play for the nets and jayz. he will have a legit superstar

There was a rumor that LeBron wanted to play with Devon Harris while in Dallas. I have no clue if its true or why Harris but it was out there. Just adds to Nets getting Lebron. And those dumbass Mavericks also threw in 2 1st round picks

lurker
05-16-2008, 02:14 PM
It's ridiculous that Avery is still trying to pretend like he had nothing to do with Devin being traded when he's the one that asked for it. He won't accept any blame whatsoever.

michaelwcho
05-16-2008, 02:18 PM
It's interesting, but the Jazz are ranked above both the Spurs and the Hornets in the Wages of Wins efficiency scores. It's counterintuitive, but their system is quite predictive. They had us as the best team in the regular season the years we won, I believe.

jag
05-16-2008, 02:29 PM
I love AJ and i dont get the AJ hate here, fans seem to have a short memory.

sribb43
05-16-2008, 02:40 PM
i think he was kinda dodged some questions...like dirk being untouchable, or cuban saying his job was on the line...but he made it clear he thought if they haris thier situation would have been better

what a bunch of BS, he never trusted Harris and took his play calling abilities away after the mavs home loss against Denver back in December. Avery couldnt handle not calling play a month into the season and it continued with J Kidd....What a control freak

stxspurs
05-16-2008, 03:43 PM
well maybe his mind changed after seeing harris rip it up in jersey

Peja On A Stick
05-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Avery also said he wanted to play the hornets in the first round.

tlongII
05-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Tlong believin' everything is fixed :lol
What else is new?
Still waiting for you to stop watching this fixed league:lmao

Did you watch game 5 of Utah vs Lakers?

Red Hawk #21
05-16-2008, 04:25 PM
If I'm the Spurs organization I would not want Avery, I watch alot of Mavs games and while he was there he did some fucked up things, he took Dirk for granted and praised Scrubs that were on the bench, he treated Devin like total shit and never let that poor kid grow, he could never accept any blame for anything,he never played Antoine Wright even though the Kid was showing some promise until his wife told him too, the list just goes on and on with Avery. Is this the man you really want on your bench?

Avitus1
05-16-2008, 08:18 PM
AJ can be on the bench as a towel boy.

PlayoffEx-static
05-16-2008, 09:35 PM
If I'm the Spurs organization I would not want Avery, I watch alot of Mavs games and while he was there he did some fucked up things, he took Dirk for granted and praised Scrubs that were on the bench, he treated Devin like total shit and never let that poor kid grow, he could never accept any blame for anything,he never played Antoine Wright even though the Kid was showing some promise until his wife told him too, the list just goes on and on with Avery. Is this the man you really want on your bench?

Pop treated Tony like shit for a few years too. It can be a growth experience.