PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Sports Wojnarowski...Horry Leaves Mark on West, Hornets

degenerate_gambler
05-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Horry leaves mark on West, Hornets
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
8 hours, 47 minutes ago

SAN ANTONIO – The bus bringing the New Orleans Hornets out of Game 6, out of angst and anger, grumbled near the back of the AT&T Center. Before climbing the steps, Byron Scott tugged out his iPod’s ear piece and considered the possibility that Robert Horry had turned into Cheap Shot Bob again.

The old man of these San Antonio Spurs had delivered a dubious blow to the bad back of the Hornets’ David West, and the coolest, calmest coach in the NBA was seething through that stoic disposition.

“I’m not real OK with it,” Scott told Yahoo! Sports. “But if I didn’t know Robert on a personal level, I’d say that was a dirty shot. Yeah, if I didn’t know him the way I know him, I’d say it was a cheap shot.”

Yes, he always liked Horry, but no one could convince Scott that West wasn’t a victim of a desperate shot by a desperate champion. The Hornets had been destroyed 99-80 in Game 6 on Thursday night, and still Scott and his players seethed over the blindsided screen Horry had leveled on West and his bad back.

“I also think he understood what he was doing,” Scott said.

Which was this: He had a chance to hit West, hit him hard and what were the odds that Horry was going to pass on it? Right, right. These are the Spurs, and they’re going to fight you to the ends of earth to take them out of the tournament. They’re the champs and they dictate terms of engagement.

So yes, Horry had a clear shot at the Hornet most responsible for pushing San Antonio to the brink in Game 5, and damn straight that Horry leaned into that screen and made sure the world watched West stagger to the locker room.

As West leaped to deflect a pass floating over him in the fourth quarter, his momentum thrust him backward toward Horry. Horry stiffened his arms and leaned into the small of West’s back. It warranted no flagrant, no ejection. He was instantaneous, a legitimate basketball play on some level, but it was cunning and cold-hearted, too.

“It was almost like when you see that blindside of a quarterback,” West said. “He just caught me really clean, and my guard was down, because I didn’t know anybody was behind me.”

West crumpled to the court, and lay on his stomach with his left arm reaching for his back. He has struggled with stiffness in the back for several days and had favored it Thursday night. There was a price to pay for his 38 points in Game 5. With it tightening again these past 48 hours, uneasy Hornets officials watching West struggle to simply unfurl his 6-foot-9 body into his bus seat for the ride from the team hotel. Everyone suspected this could be a difficult night for him.

As with the Hornets, West wasn’t himself. He missed 10 of 14 shots. Those 17-footers that he can make in his sleep were clanking on the rim. He had no lift, no explosion, no chance but to use the four days until Game 7 to get his back right again.

As for ill intentions of the play, when asked if it was intentional, Tyson Chandler said, “I wouldn’t doubt it.”

When West lay on the floor, the Hornets couldn’t believe what came next in the arena. At first, they doubted what they were hearing. As the trainer and coaches gathered around West, the Hornets’ Hilton Armstrong nudged Chris Paul and told him to listen closely.

They weren’t chanting … were they?

“Horry … Horry … Horry … ”

Yes.

Yes, they were.

Eighteen thousand seven hundred and ninety-seven could also see the bad intentions, too.

No one was angrier than Paul, who asked a Hornets official in the locker room: Did you hear that? As Paul walked down the corridors late Thursday, the crowd’s voice promised to stay on his mind. “When David got hurt, you’re going to chant for Robert Horry like he did a good thing?”

Just a year ago, Horry’s hip-check on Steve Nash triggered a reaction that cost the Phoenix Suns’ Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw suspensions. “That was the meanest thing I’ve ever seen,” a sarcastic Gregg Popovich said recently. Oh, how the Spurs have to come to revel in the image that between Horry and Bruce Bowen, they’ve somehow turned themselves into basketball’s silver and black.

Perhaps Horry’s done making clutch shots in the playoffs, but the seven-time champion forever finds ways to make himself relevant. Here’s his genius: He picked his spot brilliantly. This act didn’t border on a flagrant foul. There will be no fine, no suspension. Yet your eyes dictated a different truth, something that Scott said: Horry knew what he was doing. He knew whom he was hitting and where he was hitting him.

“I’ll take a look at it, but right now, I’ll just say he caught me with a good shot,” West said.

If Horry was trying to knock you out of Monday night, did it work?

“No … no,” West assured. “It wasn’t that good of a shot.”

Somehow, you just know the Spurs will make one final desperate run to hold off the inevitable: That eventually these young Hornets are going to overtake them in the Western Conference. Maybe this year, maybe next, but it’s coming and these Spurs understand they can’t hold back Paul and West and Chandler forever.

That’s not what they need to do now. Just one more game, one more night in New Orleans.

“They’ve got a lot of pride,” West said. “They’ve been doing this for a long, long time. But they know that we’re not going to back down .We’re going to attack them. The fact is they’ve won in the past, been through a lot of situations. We just have to do what we can to make them uncomfortable. We know how they’re going to come out. They’re going to bring it all.”

Before this series, Scott promised his players that beating the Spurs will be the hardest thing they’ve ever done in basketball. He declared them a dynasty that belongs with the Lakers and Celtics of the 1980s and the Chicago Bulls of the 1990s.

“They’re one of the greatest teams ever,” Scott said. “They’re our model. That’s who we want to be.”

Scott backed West, his star, but deep down he loves the way these Spurs are testing his Hornets. He still talks with such reverence about the ’80s in the NBA, like it was a faraway golden time that is so sadly lost in the modern league. Just last week, he was talking in his New Orleans office about how much tougher, how much nastier, playoff basketball was in those Lakers-Celtics Finals days

“Remember the McHale clothesline on Rambis,” he sniffed. “That was just two free throws.”

All that is so much of the reason why the Spurs have done this young New Orleans franchise the biggest favor of all: Taught them what it takes to contend, to compete for a championship, to dare topple a dynasty. As much as Scott was furious over that shot to West’s aching back, the Hornets coach understood there was nothing that he could ever tell him, tell his team, that substituted the pain that comes with this process.

Finally, the buses were ready to roll out of Game 6 on Thursday night, out of San Antonio, and Byron Scott started to climb the steps to his front seat. Finally, he said, “Now it’s a Game 7 and they’re going to test us even more so. This is the biggest thing that this team ever tried to do, maybe ever even imagined.”

As much as anything, the Spurs are holding onto dear life now. An old man with seven rings delivered David West to the deck on Thursday night, and this happened to be the start of Game 7 here: All hell breaking loose, all the way to a champ’s desperate last stand.

Adrian Wojnarowski is the NBA columnist for Yahoo! Sports. Send Adrian a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.
SendEmail

DarrinS
05-16-2008, 11:02 AM
The only thing remarkable about Horry's foul was West's reaction to it.

ducks
05-16-2008, 11:04 AM
lol horry is in hornets heads

mexicanjunior
05-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Is this a local NO writer? Talk about bias...

SpursWoman
05-16-2008, 11:10 AM
No one was angrier than Paul, who asked a Hornets official in the locker room: Did you hear that? As Paul walked down the corridors late Thursday, the crowd’s voice promised to stay on his mind. “When David got hurt, you’re going to chant for Robert Horry like he did a good thing?”

:lol @ a Hornet getting mad at the at&t center for chanting "Horry", when in their very own arena their fans had no problem continuing to boo when Bowen & Parker both were on the ground after having their heads slammed into the floor earlier in the series. Where was the righteous indignation there?

SAGambler
05-16-2008, 11:18 AM
As for ill intentions of the play, when asked if it was intentional, Tyson Chandler said, “I wouldn’t doubt it.”

Then Chandler admitted he never even saw the play. Of course, that little tidbit was omitted.

But I gotta wonder. Why the hell was West even on the floor? Game had been decided, and West had been hurting all night. Why was he even there?

1Parker1
05-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Bad article. It's misleading on so many accounts.

wildbill2u
Was this writer even born in time to see players like Maurice Lucas, Kurt Rambis, Bad News Barnes and a myriad of other players defend their position and turf. And there have been recent incarnations of tough players as well. What about that center for the Sonics that leveled some of our players a few years ago?

West basically initiated the contact by jumping into a place where Horry had position. What was he supposed to do--retreat?

ducks
to bad ludden did not get to do the article

Avitus1
05-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Horry handles Hornets....

degenerate_gambler
05-16-2008, 11:21 AM

the guy writes for Yahoo believe it or not...

Spurminator
05-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Can you please repost that article with the Spurs quotes included? Because surely Wojo got some quotes from Spurs players/coaches before writing this article. That's what good writers do.

O-Factor
05-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Wow :lol
What a horrible piece of journalism

SAGambler
05-16-2008, 11:24 AM
:lol @ a Hornet getting mad at the at&t center for chanting "Horry", when in their very own arena their fans had no problem continuing to boo when Bowen & Parker both were on the ground after having their heads slammed into the floor earlier in the series. Where was the righteous indignation there?

Didn't Chandler do the exact same thing to Tony? Where were all the "Dirty Chandler" articles from all the suck ass sportswriters then?

boutons_
05-16-2008, 11:25 AM
"no one could convince Scott"

name names of anybody who tried?

Scott played in a different, more physical era. He knows what's going on. It's call the playoffs, and the Hornets have been more physical than the Spurs.

The Spurs get physical and it's cheating.

Johnny RIngo
05-16-2008, 11:26 AM

I could be wrong but I think this guy was the douche who wrote that asterisk article for ESPN last year after Game 4 of the Spurs-Suns series. Guy's a hack.

jmard5
05-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Bad article. It's misleading on so many accounts.

Very true. Bad article IMHO.

whottt
05-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Robert Horry definitely intended to put that shot on West, and he knew exactly what he was doing...and he definitely knew West had a bad back...

And there was nothing unsportsmanlike or dirty about it. It was smart...

And he was sending a message to David West...he was trying to intimidate them and demoralize them when they were down 19 points....

And that's the way he has always played.

That nice happy go lucky Forrest Gump acting Horry that you see in the media may or may not be who Horry really is...but that guy didn't appear on the court until the end of Horry's career with the Lakers...

The Horry that appeared for the Lakers and Rockets before that was the guy that was on the court at the end of the Spurs game..the guy who intimidates, and makes your team feel like it just doesn't measure up and has no chance of beating his team.

Seriously...people need to go back watch this game and watch how Horry acts after the West foul for the rest of the game...and watch how pumped up he is because of those chants.

Watch that play where he's defending Ely and just reduces Ely to complete trash.

He has complete and total disdain for the Hornets...he think they're fucking scum that don't belon on the same court as his team does...

And that attitude is exactly why he's got 7 rings...including one that involved a completely demoralizing sweep of the Spurs in the conference finals.

And a bevy of series wins by his teams over teams that had more momentum and talent...as well as the upperhand....and he always played a role in them doing it.

He's also the only guy on this team that knows what it's like to win a game 7 on the road....I hope his teamates are paying attention and feeding off his attitude...because they'll need to do that to have any chance of winning in New Orleans.

Horry Horry Horry Horry Horry!

Fuck David West
Fuck the New Orleans Hornets

And fuck any and all Spur Fans calling out or are embarraseed by the fans that chanted Horry's name...you guys don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Horry Horry Horry Horry!

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-16-2008, 11:32 AM
He's also the only guy on this team that knows what it's like to win a game 7 on the road....I hope his teamates are paying attention and feeding off his attitude...because they'll need to do that to have any chance of winning in New Orleans.

Amen to that. I want to see a real mean streak from them on Monday. They've had to listen to as much shit from anyone all season, and in the playoffs. Time to show up with a Fuck the World attitude.

SpurYank
05-16-2008, 11:39 AM
The Celtics, under Red Auerbach, would have won zero championships without the hatchet job Bob Luscutoff (check spelling) did on opposing teams. He could not even dribble the ball. All he did was hurt you. Look him up.

Horry is no Luscutoff.

Loo him up.

Sasha
05-16-2008, 11:40 AM
The only thing remarkable about Horry's foul was West's reaction to it.

Again, I'm not a bb expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I just don't understand something.

Why is it OK to throw Tony Parker all over the court, sling him up over the net, and then slide him face-first down to the other end of the floor - but it's NOT OK to put your arms near David West's bad back? Why can you throw Manu Ginobili down to the ground and stomp on his head, or send Tim Duncan flying into the stands, but you'd best not touch a poor little Hornet?

I'm sure I'm showing my ignorance here, but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Spurminator
05-16-2008, 11:41 AM
I do have to give the Hornets props on one thing.

They were smart enough to stay on the bench.

completely deck
05-16-2008, 11:45 AM
The Celtics, under Red Auerbach, would have won zero championships without the hatchet job Bob Luscutoff (check spelling) did on opposing teams. He could not even dribble the ball. All he did was hurt you. Look him up.

Horry is no Luscutoff.

Loo him up.

Jim Loscutoff

Sasha
05-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Robert Horry definitely intended to put that shot on West, and he knew exactly what he was doing...and he definitely knew West had a bad back...

And he was sending a message to David West...he was trying to intimidate them and demoralize them when they were down 19 points....

That nice happy go lucky Forrest Gump acting Horry that you see in the media may or may not be who Horry really is...but that guy didn't appear on the court until the end of Horry's career with the Lakers...

The Horry that appeared for the Lakers and Rockets before that was the guy that was on the court at the end of the Spurs game..the guy who intimidates, and makes your team feel like it just doesn't measure up and has no chance of beating his team.

Seriously...people need to go back watch this game and watch how Horry acts after the West foul for the rest of the game...and watch how pumped up he is because of those chants.

Watch that play where he's defending Ely and just reduces Ely to complete trash.

He has complete and total disdain for the Hornets...he think they're fucking scum that don't belon on the same court as his team does...

And that attitude is exactly why he's got 7 rings...including one that involved a completely demoralizing sweep of the Spurs in the conference finals.

And a bevy of series wins by his teams over teams that had more momentum and talent...as well as the upperhand....and he always played a role in them doing it.

Fuck David West

And fuck any and all Spur Fans calling out or are embarraseed by the fans that chanted Horry's name...you guys don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Horry Horry Horry Horry!

Great post - thank you!! You answered a lot of questions for me.

polandprzem
05-16-2008, 11:46 AM
He is who he is
You take what's given

whottt
05-16-2008, 11:52 AM
He is who he is
You take what's given

Horry = Poland
West = USSR

boutons_
05-16-2008, 11:55 AM
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1208/is_4_226/ai_82885057

http://www.nba.com/celtics/history/LegalTimeLuscutoff.html

beachwood
05-16-2008, 12:00 PM
I definitely don't like the fact that the crowd started chanting "Horry" when West was on the ground. But I don't think it was dirty in the least. He was setting a hard pick, deal with it.

whottt
05-16-2008, 12:04 PM
I definitely don't like the fact that the crowd started chanting "Horry" when West was on the ground. But I don't think it was dirty in the least. He was setting a hard pick, deal with it.

The Bums got the chant going too!!

Now kindly go fuck off and go root for a team with a fan base more to your standards.

Take a fucking hike.

urunobili
05-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Now kindly go fuck off and go root for a team with a fan base more to your standards.

Take a fucking hike.

whottt whottt whottt whottt whottt!!!!!!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

magui86770
05-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Went to yahoo.com and this article is the main headline of the website....

baseline bum
05-16-2008, 12:24 PM

Fuck David West

Horry Horry Horry Horry!

Couldn't have said it better. NBA = No Babies Allowed.

Ronaldo McDonald
05-16-2008, 12:41 PM
I don't think the play on West by Horry was bad at all.

Here's why:

If you look at the clip you can see that Horry established his stance to set a pick before David West jumped in the air and subsequently fell on Horry's shoulder. Had D West just went straight into Horry without jumping in the air, which is what Horry rightly anticipated would happen, nothing would have happened. Horry was merely readying himself for impact by putting his shoulder out, which we see ALL the time. Unfortunately for West, he jumped in the air. And you can't blame Horry for that.

Que Gee
05-16-2008, 12:42 PM
The crowd chanting "Horry" was embarrassing. I was actually really surprised by that. Full chicken shit...and if anyone of you were involved, your a pussy.

On the other hand, what I don't understand is, Tony got hammered on a back pick by Tyson Chandler the previous game...in which Chandler got called for a foul. It was a clean play and Parker got hammered pretty good because he didn't know Chandler was there...how is this play any different? Chandler in fact shouldn't have even been called for a foul on the play, it was a clean hard pick that happened because no Spur called out to tell Tony and pick was coming. Something as basic as a playground reaction....

WildcardManu
05-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Jackass journalist with nothing to go with but assumptions.

lil'mo
05-16-2008, 12:44 PM
whottt tellin it like it is

Ronaldo McDonald
05-16-2008, 12:44 PM
And I think the fans were more backing up Horry than cheering for what resulted from the play. It's like the fans could sense that there'd bge all the bitches on NO's side who'd whine about it and call us and Horry dirty after the game, even though no one deserves it.

Ronaldo McDonald
05-16-2008, 12:47 PM
It was a perfectly fine pick by Horry and the fans could sense the storm of criticism that would come along with it. We were standing up for Horry. We did the right thing.

703 Spurz
05-16-2008, 12:48 PM
8 hours, 47 minutes ago

SAN ANTONIO – The bus bringing the New Orleans Hornets out of Game 6, out of angst and anger, grumbled near the back of the AT&T Center. Before climbing the steps, Byron Scott tugged out his iPod’s ear piece and considered the possibility that Robert Horry had turned into Cheap Shot Bob again.

The old man of these San Antonio Spurs had delivered a dubious blow to the bad back of the Hornets’ David West, and the coolest, calmest coach in the NBA was seething through that stoic disposition.

“I’m not real OK with it,” Scott told Yahoo! Sports. “But if I didn’t know Robert on a personal level, I’d say that was a dirty shot. Yeah, if I didn’t know him the way I know him, I’d say it was a cheap shot.”

Yes, he always liked Horry, but no one could convince Scott that West wasn’t a victim of a desperate shot by a desperate champion. The Hornets had been destroyed 99-80 in Game 6 on Thursday night, and still Scott and his players seethed over the blindsided screen Horry had leveled on West and his bad back.

“I also think he understood what he was doing,” Scott said.

Which was this: He had a chance to hit West, hit him hard and what were the odds that Horry was going to pass on it? Right, right. These are the Spurs, and they’re going to fight you to the ends of earth to take them out of the tournament. They’re the champs and they dictate terms of engagement.

So yes, Horry had a clear shot at the Hornet most responsible for pushing San Antonio to the brink in Game 5, and damn straight that Horry leaned into that screen and made sure the world watched West stagger to the locker room.

As West leaped to deflect a pass floating over him in the fourth quarter, his momentum thrust him backward toward Horry. Horry stiffened his arms and leaned into the small of West’s back. It warranted no flagrant, no ejection. He was instantaneous, a legitimate basketball play on some level, but it was cunning and cold-hearted, too.

“It was almost like when you see that blindside of a quarterback,” West said. “He just caught me really clean, and my guard was down, because I didn’t know anybody was behind me.”

West crumpled to the court, and lay on his stomach with his left arm reaching for his back. He has struggled with stiffness in the back for several days and had favored it Thursday night. There was a price to pay for his 38 points in Game 5. With it tightening again these past 48 hours, uneasy Hornets officials watching West struggle to simply unfurl his 6-foot-9 body into his bus seat for the ride from the team hotel. Everyone suspected this could be a difficult night for him.

As with the Hornets, West wasn’t himself. He missed 10 of 14 shots. Those 17-footers that he can make in his sleep were clanking on the rim. He had no lift, no explosion, no chance but to use the four days until Game 7 to get his back right again.

When West lay on the floor, the Hornets couldn’t believe what came next in the arena. At first, they doubted what they were hearing. As the trainer and coaches gathered around West, the Hornets’ Hilton Armstrong nudged Chris Paul and told him to listen closely.

They weren’t chanting … were they?

“Horry … Horry … Horry … ”

Yes.

Yes, they were.

Eighteen thousand seven hundred and ninety-seven could also see the bad intentions, too.

Just a year ago, Horry’s hip-check on Steve Nash triggered a reaction that cost the Phoenix Suns’ Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw suspensions. “That was the meanest thing I’ve ever seen,” a sarcastic Gregg Popovich said recently. Oh, how the Spurs have to come to revel in the image that between Horry and Bruce Bowen, they’ve somehow turned themselves into basketball’s silver and black.

Perhaps Horry’s done making clutch shots in the playoffs, but the seven-time champion forever finds ways to make himself relevant. Here’s his genius: He picked his spot brilliantly. This act didn’t border on a flagrant foul. There will be no fine, no suspension. Yet your eyes dictated a different truth, something that Scott said: Horry knew what he was doing. He knew whom he was hitting and where he was hitting him.

“I’ll take a look at it, but right now, I’ll just say he caught me with a good shot,” West said.

If Horry was trying to knock you out of Monday night, did it work?

“No … no,” West assured. “It wasn’t that good of a shot.”

Somehow, you just know the Spurs will make one final desperate run to hold off the inevitable: That eventually these young Hornets are going to overtake them in the Western Conference. Maybe this year, maybe next, but it’s coming and these Spurs understand they can’t hold back Paul and West and Chandler forever.

That’s not what they need to do now. Just one more game, one more night in New Orleans.

“They’ve got a lot of pride,” West said. “They’ve been doing this for a long, long time. But they know that we’re not going to back down .We’re going to attack them. The fact is they’ve won in the past, been through a lot of situations. We just have to do what we can to make them uncomfortable. We know how they’re going to come out. They’re going to bring it all.”

Before this series, Scott promised his players that beating the Spurs will be the hardest thing they’ve ever done in basketball. He declared them a dynasty that belongs with the Lakers and Celtics of the 1980s and the Chicago Bulls of the 1990s.

“They’re one of the greatest teams ever,” Scott said. “They’re our model. That’s who we want to be.”

Scott backed West, his star, but deep down he loves the way these Spurs are testing his Hornets. He still talks with such reverence about the ’80s in the NBA, like it was a faraway golden time that is so sadly lost in the modern league. Just last week, he was talking in his New Orleans office about how much tougher, how much nastier, playoff basketball was in those Lakers-Celtics Finals days

“Remember the McHale clothesline on Rambis,” he sniffed. “That was just two free throws.”

All that is so much of the reason why the Spurs have done this young New Orleans franchise the biggest favor of all: Taught them what it takes to contend, to compete for a championship, to dare topple a dynasty. As much as Scott was furious over that shot to West’s aching back, the Hornets coach understood there was nothing that he could ever tell him, tell his team, that substituted the pain that comes with this process.

Finally, the buses were ready to roll out of Game 6 on Thursday night, out of San Antonio, and Byron Scott started to climb the steps to his front seat. Finally, he said, “Now it’s a Game 7 and they’re going to test us even more so. This is the biggest thing that this team ever tried to do, maybe ever even imagined.”

As much as anything, the Spurs are holding onto dear life now. An old man with seven rings delivered David West to the deck on Thursday night, and this happened to be the start of Game 7 here: All hell breaking loose, all the way to a champ’s desperate last stand.

Adrian Wojnarowski is the NBA columnist for Yahoo! Sports. Send Adrian a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.
SendEmail

Go to sports.yahoo.com

Their front story is this article and Wojnarowski has the pic labeled "Horry helped the Spurs win by being dirty once, has he done it again?".

Here we go with the Suns series last year bullshit excuses again

Shaolin-Style
05-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Wow I wish I could write an entire article about a guy setting a screen for his teammate on offense, and how he somehow magically controlled David West's mind to jump right the hell back into him off a deflection.

You know what, reviewing the play, I think it was mainly Manu Ginobili's fault for not being a good sport and tell David West that Robert Horry was sitting right behind him, and for throwing the pass to begin with.

For shame...woe woe woe.

Okay the chanting of Horry when all he did was set a screen was in bad taste but lets face it there was no intentional harm invoked by setting a little itty bitty screen, he didn't even untuck his arms from his chest during it.

FromWayDowntown
05-16-2008, 12:51 PM
The crowd chanting "Horry" was embarrassing. I was actually really surprised by that. Full chicken shit...and if anyone of you were involved, your a pussy.

On the other hand, what I don't understand is, Tony got hammered on a back pick by Tyson Chandler the previous game...in which Chandler got called for a foul. It was a clean play and Parker got hammered pretty good because he didn't know Chandler was there...how is this play any different? Chandler in fact shouldn't have even been called for a foul on the play, it was a clean hard pick that happened because no Spur called out to tell Tony and pick was coming. Something as basic as a playground reaction....

That's my thought, too. I can understand the call -- Horry didn't maintain his body plain in setting the screen, but then again, I'm not sure that Chandler did either with his screen in Game 5 (he certainly appeared to lean into Parker to emphasize the screen).

The Hornets' reaction -- and particularly Scott's -- is curious to me as well. When the Parker play happened, TNT cut to audio of Scott and Joe Derosa talking with Parker nearby and Scott telling Derosa that it shouldn't have been a foul and that Parker's teammates should have told him the screen was coming. Why isn't it the same thing with West? Is it just because he has a bad back? If so, that's nonsense.

Horry's screen was almost identical to Chandler's. If one was acceptable, the other has to be as well.

WildcardManu
05-16-2008, 12:51 PM
It was a perfectly fine pick by Horry and the fans could sense the storm of criticism that would come along with it. We were standing up for Horry. We did the right thing.

+1 exactly, i rather stand by a Spur player than with everyone else accusing him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-16-2008, 12:53 PM

Fuck David West

Horry Horry Horry Horry!

[/thread]

spurschick
05-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Desperate champions? The series was tied, last time I checked. Both teams have handed out double-digit losses. How does that make the Spurs desperate?

boutons_
05-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Tony back pedalled blindy into screen and BOUNCED forward, like West, flat prone and in pain.

Where's the press outcry?

Ocotillo
05-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Somewhere Bill Lambier and Rick Mahorn are chuckling.

I remember when the Spurs were called soft............Romey.

Johnny RIngo
05-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Tony back pedalled blindy into screen and BOUNCED forward, like West, flat prone and in pain.

Where's the press outcry?

Tony forgot to milk the injury like West did. Guess that's the difference between being a media whore(West) and getting up like a real baller should(Parker).

degenerate_gambler
05-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Horry's screen was almost identical to Chandler's. If one was acceptable, the other has to be as well.

A little consistency??? In the NBA???:lmao

san antonio spurs
05-16-2008, 01:53 PM
I'd rather everybody call the spurs mean and dirty than the soft tag they used to put on the spurs.
I love mean, I love dirty, please bring sum'more:lobt2:

nfg3
05-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Talk about an incredibly biased article - this is it. If I didn't know anything about Horry I'd assume that he was one of the dirtiest players around. And the more I read the more it became apparent that this writer is not only biased against the Spurs but truely ignorant of who we are, and what it really takes to win a championship. I found it ironic that as he kept painting us as "desparate" and our tactics as "dubious" Scott was actually wanting his team to be just like the Spurs! We're the model and one of the greatest teams ever. :wow And he was also reminiscing about the old days when THIS WAS HOW IT WAS PLAYED AND NO ONE WOULD HAVE THOUGHT ANY DIFFERENT. McHale's clothesline of Rambis is a flagarent 2 and automatic suspension today. Back then it was "just two free throws"??!!:spless:

So let me get this straight. Your article implies that the Spurs use desparate and dirty tactics in order to stave off elimination while the opposing coach is trying to mold his team in the their image?

And your point is?

G-Nob
05-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Where's Chris Pauls anger with Byron Scott for West still being in the game down 20 points?

Peja On A Stick
05-16-2008, 03:33 PM

You Fucks unleased the beast. No way Paul lets us lose monday. Your gonna see the Paul that you have not seen yet this series. You saw a glimpse of him in game 3 but your going to get the whole deal monday. I would have been worried about the players mindsets after the blowout lost but after that stunt its over. Chris will destroy the spurs. Take it to the bank.

SpursWoman
05-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Unleased the best?

Peja On A Stick
05-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Unleased the best?

doh

VinnyTestesVerde
05-16-2008, 03:51 PM
http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~fanf2/hermes/doc/talks/2004-02-ukuug/crybaby.png

whottt
05-16-2008, 04:13 PM
You Fucks unleased the beast. No way Paul lets us lose monday. Your gonna see the Paul that you have not seen yet this series. You saw a glimpse of him in game 3 but your going to get the whole deal monday. I would have been worried about the players mindsets after the blowout lost but after that stunt its over. Chris will destroy the spurs. Take it to the bank.

Right...so basically, Paul was going to let us win before this foul and now he isn't?

Just STFU...moron.

If this is what it takes to get your team to play harder...then your team won't be doing shit.

By the way...be sure to boo Horry and let him know you hate him...because that works incredibly well. It really gets to him and upsets and makes him play worse...

Just ask
Sac
And Portland
And Phoenix
And Philly
And..even..SA.

:tu

whottt
05-16-2008, 04:15 PM

BTW, if Paul succeeds in making Peja a non-bitch for the first time in his entire career...he'll have my vote for the HOF :tu

Strike
05-16-2008, 07:48 PM
the guy writes for Yahoo believe it or not...

So he's just a fucking hater.

Sssshhhhhhhocking.

wijayas
05-16-2008, 08:12 PM
Again, I'm not a bb expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I just don't understand something.

Why is it OK to throw Tony Parker all over the court, sling him up over the net, and then slide him face-first down to the other end of the floor - but it's NOT OK to put your arms near David West's bad back? Why can you throw Manu Ginobili down to the ground and stomp on his head, or send Tim Duncan flying into the stands, but you'd best not touch a poor little Hornet?

I'm sure I'm showing my ignorance here, but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

We should file our appeal to Stu, just like Chrissy Paul want to tell on Bowen to Stu...:lol

mystargtr34
05-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Wow! What a fucking pathetic article... he comes across as your typical Spurs hater...

"These Spurs eventually know the Hornets will overtake them" bla bla
What a fucking joke... whos lets this shit get to print.

weebo
05-16-2008, 08:23 PM

Oh please get the fuck over it! It's not like Horry took a shotgun to West's head and pulled the fucking trigger. It's a game of contact. If that pussy West is too hurt to play, then he shouldn't had been on the floor. And for you dumbasses soooooooooooo embarrassed about how the crowd reacted after West went down, do everyone a favor and go watch golf. You have no business watching playoff basketball and no business rooting for the Spurs!!!!

slayermin
05-16-2008, 08:27 PM
It was clean play.

I am not sure if chanting Horry with David West writhing in pain on the ground is the right thing to do. But since it wasn't a serious injury, I can live with it, especially if it brings us that coveted back to back title.

I do know I wasn't feeling sorry for David West or the Hornets at the time. So I guess I am with the fans in AT&T chanting Horry. If I was at the game, I certainly would have joined in.

Que Gee
05-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Oh please get the fuck over it! It's not like Horry took a shotgun to West's head and pulled the fucking trigger. It's a game of contact. If that pussy West is too hurt to play, then he shouldn't had been on the floor. And for you dumbasses soooooooooooo embarrassed about how the crowd reacted after West went down, do everyone a favor and go watch golf. You have no business watching playoff basketball and no business rooting for the Spurs!!!!

Ya, so read my take again bitch...I never said there was anything wrong with Horry's pick. I was talking about the people chanting his name at the game...read and comprehend jackass.

SPARKY
05-16-2008, 09:23 PM

http://static.velvetcache.org/pages/2007/5/25/its-a-trap/tarp-30198.jpg

bigfan
05-16-2008, 09:58 PM
I hope Horry makes a shitload of 3's on Monday nite!

NRHector
05-16-2008, 10:10 PM
we need more players like Horry, fuck this soft shit come on people please don't tell me that the other teams don't try to hurt the spurs when the go for a lay up like some players that we know(Shaq) when the other teams try to knock down manu, tony, duncan the fucken media never whine or bitch, if West was hurt from his back what the hell was he doing in the game, he took a risk and lost. He should of been on the bench resting

easjer
05-16-2008, 10:15 PM
That was quite some article.

I see the light now. The Spurs are dirty, old, boring, dirty, desperate, old, dirty, clinging, grasping, dirty players who play dirty!

And their fans suck too.

Thank God this guy showed me the truth. Before, I thought they were just a good team playing hard for their season and defending a hard won championship against an evenly matched team. Now I know that the Hornets are not only the better and classier team, they are also victims of the Spurs dirty tricks.

Hallelujah!

Kermit
05-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Whottt's on a fucking roll! Keep it up bitch.

LavaLamp
05-16-2008, 10:47 PM
8 hours, 47 minutes ago

As much as anything, the Spurs are holding onto dear life now... all the way to a champ’s desperate last stand.

It is a Game 7. I don't think it is accurate to say that the Spurs are holding onto dear life.

ClingingMars
05-16-2008, 10:54 PM
http://static.velvetcache.org/pages/2007/5/25/its-a-trap/tarp-30198.jpg

http://iatiat.ytmnd.com/

- Mars