PDA

View Full Version : Early line. Pat's by 6-1/2

IceColdBrewski
01-24-2005, 08:25 AM
Not suprised. Eagles aren't even supposed to be here. At least that's what everyone said after "the injury". Now for the next two weeks, we'll get to hear all about this "great Pats dynasty in the making".

samikeyp
01-24-2005, 08:43 AM
actually quite a few still had them going because of the weak NFC. I stood by my pic. They were clearly the best team in the NFC and with home field there is no way they should have lost even without Owens.

samikeyp
01-24-2005, 08:44 AM
most of that line is probably due to NE being the defending champ but still on a neutral field...seems a little high.

Hook Dem
01-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Lets see..."Predator" is a 6-1/2 point favorite over "Alien" .Who cares! :lol

IceColdBrewski
01-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Lets see..."Predator" is a 6-1/2 point favorite over "Alien" .Who cares! :lol

So why even post? I hope I can be as witty as you someday. :rolleyes

This is the most Wagered-on event in any sport and all you can come up with is "who cares"? Great football talk dude. Trust me on this one. Those of us who plan on betting on this game care a lot.

dcole50
01-24-2005, 01:14 PM
exactly. i'm taking the pats, although i think the game will be very close through three quarters atleast.

Hook Dem
01-24-2005, 01:20 PM
So why even post? I hope I can be as witty as you someday. :rolleyes

This is the most Wagered-on event in any sport and all you can come up with is "who cares"? Great football talk dude. Trust me on this one. Those of us who plan on betting on this game care a lot.
Enjoy it while you can "football talkin dude"! Philadelphia is best remembered for the fans who booed Santa Claus! :lol

ALVAREZ6
01-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Enjoy it while you can "football talkin dude"! Philadelphia is best remembered for the fans who booed Santa Claus! :lol
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

IceColdBrewski
01-24-2005, 03:33 PM

BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YEAH, THAT'S A FUNNY ONE! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! STOP IT DUDE YER KILLIN ME! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :rolleyes

Whatever you say kid. Run along now jr. There must be a frog or something slimey outside you can play with. It's Super Bowl time. Some of us REAL football fans want to talk serious football.

samikeyp
01-24-2005, 03:33 PM
:lmao @ Al

Duff McCartney
01-24-2005, 04:52 PM
You wanna talk serious football...here's some serious football....Pats are gonna rout the Eagles. Why even watch? You know who is gonna win....Patriots.

IceColdBrewski
01-24-2005, 05:32 PM
You wanna talk serious football...here's some serious football....Pats are gonna rout the Eagles. Why even watch? You know who is gonna win....Patriots.

What great insight and football knowledge you possess. You must be Hook Dem's 10 year old twin brother.

Hell, I'm convinced. The Eagles aren't worthy. Guys like Dawkins and Trotter are going to cower in fear and the mere sight of the all-mighty Pats. And that same Pats team that could barely manage 20 points against the Colts is somehow going to beat one of the best scoring defenses in the league by 100. Possibly even 150. All this against an Eagle coach who has never lost a game after a bye week. It's all starting to make sense now. I don't know what I was thinking.

Duff McCartney
01-24-2005, 05:37 PM
And that same Pats team that could barely manage 20 points against the Colts is somehow going to beat one of the best scoring defenses in the league by 100.

Yeah...the same Pats team that managed 41 points on the best defense in the league against Pittsburgh. Right...they scored 41 against the best scoring defense in the league....but they won't score 41 against a lesser defense.

IceColdBrewski
01-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Yeah...the same Pats team that managed 41 points on the best defense in the league against Pittsburgh. Right...they scored 41 against the best scoring defense in the league....but they won't score 41 against a lesser defense.

Pittsburgh had a rookie QB playing in a Championship game. He threw that game away and you know it. The writing was on the wall long before it started. I was preaching the importance of playoff experience over a month ago on this forum. McNabb isn't going to get nervous and chuck it up for the taking against the Pats the way Roethlisberger did. The Eagle's secondary isn't going to let Brady pick them apart the way Pittsburgh did.

Since you're so damn sure that the Eagles don't stand a chance, why don't you tell me what you think the final score will be so we can make a little wager on it.

ALVAREZ6
01-24-2005, 06:19 PM
No, it's going to be a close game.

Eagles D will make it a tough game for the Pat's.

Keith Adams, Jermiah Trotter, Brian Dawkins, and Michael Lewis are gonna have good games.

I predict M. Lewis with an interception.

IceColdBrewski
01-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Damn. To hear yahoo's like Duff tell it, the Pats are just unbeatable and the Eagles may as well not even show up. Probably the same yahoo's who said Carolina would get blown out last year. No doubt the same halfwits who said Detroit didn't stand a chance against the Lakers.

Monday December 20th.

Miami 29
Pats 28

Any given Sunday.....

ALVAREZ6
01-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Monday December 20th.

Miami 29
Pats 28

Any given Sunday.....

Damn fucking right.

I bet like 100 vbookie bucks on this and lost....fucking Pat's.

Duff McCartney
01-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Damn. To hear yahoo's like Duff tell it, the Pats are just unbeatable and the Eagles may as well not even show up.

Tom Brady 8-0 in the playoffs....yeah...they sure are beatable.

samikeyp
01-25-2005, 02:33 PM
all it means is that he hasn't been beaten yet. It can be done. If Philly can take advantage of the secondary of the Pats, they have a shot. McNabb isn't a rookie and NE is not in his head like they are with the Colts. Its easier said than done though. Get Westbrook as many touches as possible, keep the game close going into the 4th and who knows. I still think the Pats will win but it will not be a blowout unless Philly self-destructs and no team is unbeatable.

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2005, 02:40 PM
The Eagles defense is gonna be ready.

Our Defense is better than what it is ranked. They got better by switching some people around for the play-offs.
Offense will continue to pass a lot, but rushing a little more often.

TO is likely to play in the Super Bowl.
He is healing ahead of schedule, the doctor said this, and he can jog.

samikeyp
01-25-2005, 02:49 PM
The last time Philly was here....

http://www.cyberturf.com/thecrow2131/nfc1981.jpg

IceColdBrewski
01-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Tom Brady 8-0 in the playoffs....yeah...they sure are beatable.

Oh. Well then, that settles it. The Pats will never be beaten in the playoffs with big bad Brady playing QB.

Eagles are 9-0 after a bye week with Andy Reid as coach. Using your logic, I guess both teams are unbeatable. :rolleyes

Duff McCartney
01-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Oh. Well then, that settles it. The Pats will never be beaten in the playoffs with big bad Brady playing QB.

Eagles are 9-0 after a bye week with Andy Reid as coach. Using your logic, I guess both teams are unbeatable. :rolleyes

I'll take 8-0 in the playoffs against 9-0 in a bye week anyday of the millenium.

IceColdBrewski
01-25-2005, 03:28 PM
I'll take 8-0 in the playoffs against 9-0 in a bye week anyday of the millenium.

Why am I not suprised. Somehow you managed to totally miss my point. Let me break it down for ya.

Just because Brady is 8-0 in playoff games doesn't mean he's invinceable in the playoffs. And just because Philly is 9-0 after........

Ah screw it. You go ahead and believe whatever you want to believe. :rolleyes

samikeyp
01-25-2005, 05:07 PM
While I agree that post-season success ranks higher than regular season...9-0 after a week of rest is not to be taken lightly.

IceColdBrewski
01-25-2005, 05:21 PM
While I agree that post-season success ranks higher than regular season...9-0 after a week of rest is not to be taken lightly.

You'd think that would mean something wouldn't ya? But no. "It aint gonna be close". "Gonna be a blowout". "Eagles gonna get smoked". :rolleyes

Bottom line. Both coaches now how to get a team prepared. To expect a blowout for either team is just plain ol ridiculous IMO.

samikeyp
01-25-2005, 05:46 PM
the only way we see a blowout is if it is self-inflicted.

Mr Dio
01-25-2005, 08:13 PM
We'll, I feel almost as strongly about this game as I did the Orange bowl. I see NE winning by dbl digits & that is where my $ is. Not the rent but close on NE -7. Anyone else going to put in writing what team they feel will win or is this going to be one of those "I'll ride the fence & not sack up" threads?

IceColdBrewski
01-28-2005, 09:07 AM
We'll, I feel almost as strongly about this game as I did the Orange bowl. I see NE winning by dbl digits & that is where my $ is. Not the rent but close on NE -7. Anyone else going to put in writing what team they feel will win or is this going to be one of those "I'll ride the fence & not sack up" threads?

My heart tells me the Eagles can win but my head tells me that these Pats are just too experienced in Super Bowl games.

I try not to jinx my team by predicting a win so I'll say Pats by a field goal.

Spurs Rule
01-28-2005, 01:32 PM
My head and my heart tells me NE will win and they'll cover the spread.

Geaux Patriots!