PDA

View Full Version : Less Parker, better team?

Flux451
05-16-2008, 01:08 PM
I don't know if anyone noticed this past game. We did better with Parker playing less. He scored decent but he looks like the shaky, hesitant player off the past. Didn't move the ball well at all this game.
I loved the teams we played with. Ginobili at point, udoka and bowen and horry and duncan. I hope we do this more next game.

Also, I would pull out the trap on Paul until the third quarter.

Thoughts?

mexicanjunior
05-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Trapping worked but I think it was more because it caught the Hornets off guard. Once they adjust to it, I fear it will result in open looks from the 3 point line. Spurs should use it sparingly, along with the other looks they have been giving on the PnR. If West has another off night like he did yesterday, doubling with West's man and leaving him open for the 15+ footer may be the way to go...

hater
05-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Parker had a terrible 1st half. Ugly turnovers and even a comical postup play.

it is tough because Parker is at his best when he is attacking, attackin, attackin.

Pop needs to make the call. If Parker is paying off, let him lose. If he is sucking, like last night, reel him in.

xtremesteven33
05-16-2008, 01:14 PM
i didnt LOVE the way we played last night. i felt when Chris Paul and David West had 4 fouls we shouldve penetrated a WHOLE lot more. instead it seems pop told them to settle giving it to duncan and making open 3 pointers. didnt make much sense to me but it worked i guess.

but i felt we couldve still played better

smeagol
05-16-2008, 01:17 PM
You guys are doing you best to give ducks a fit

JPB
05-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Old

Flux451
05-16-2008, 01:20 PM
I thought we didn't play that well either. Looked very sloppy.

jbspurs
05-16-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't know if anyone noticed this past game. We did better with Parker playing less. He scored decent but he looks like the shaky, hesitant player off the past. Didn't move the ball well at all this game.
I loved the teams we played with. Ginobili at point, udoka and bowen and horry and duncan. I hope we do this more next game.

Also, I would pull out the trap on Paul until the third quarter.

Thoughts?

I hate it when he decides not to pass when his teammates are knockin down jumpers. Sometimes he forgets to play smart basketball, just like when Paul got his 4th foul, take it hard to the hoop, be more aggressive and stop taking jumpers. He needs to keep ball moving and be aggressive when it's needed. Ball rotation will win it for us in game 7.

jbspurs
05-16-2008, 02:09 PM
i didnt LOVE the way we played last night. i felt when Chris Paul and David West had 4 fouls we shouldve penetrated a WHOLE lot more. instead it seems pop told them to settle giving it to duncan and making open 3 pointers. didnt make much sense to me but it worked i guess.

but i felt we couldve still played better

Pop metioned it during the interview, He said it didn't work... Well yeah, is not gonna work when nobody was trying it.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2008, 02:09 PM
spurfans will never pass up an opportunity to throw a player under the bus.

jag
05-16-2008, 02:33 PM
what a fucking worthless thread and worthless poster who started this thread

ChumpDumper
05-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Why didn't you start this thread after games three or four?

ducks
05-16-2008, 02:42 PM
damm
spur fans give other players lots of room to play bad but if tp plays alittle bad
trade him threads come up
if he knows what is on this board 99% the time he would leave when duncan and pop do

roycrikside
05-16-2008, 02:53 PM
damm
spur fans give other players lots of room to play bad but if tp plays alittle bad
trade him threads come up
if he knows what is on this board 99% the time he would leave when duncan and pop do

You sure do let people know about it when Manu has a few too many turnovers. But when he plays well and Tony doesn't, you're oddly quiet. :lol Nobody is saying trade Parker. He just needs to play better. He's had like two subpar games in a row, imo. And you have to admit, Manu had a good game as the backup point last night with both Ime and Bowen out there with him. The team played great D with that lineup and had more size to throw at Paul.

ducks
05-16-2008, 02:54 PM
hornets try to take one of the big three away
hornets are slowign tp down
they slowed duncan down half of the games against the hornets

beachwood
05-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Parker needs to stop playing for the refs. He's developing a bad habit of flailing around and falling on his ass looking for the foul. And worst of all is he just sits there on his ass at the end while the hornets are on a fast break. Stop that shit already.

1Parker1
:lmao @ this thread title.

Yes, I forgot, Ginobili did a great job in Games 1 and 2 as backup PG when he had like 3-4TO's per game.

Ginobili is NOT a PG, it's one thing to use him sparringly to backup Parker when he gets rest, it's completely different thing to have him do it for 20+ minutes in a game? Spurs fans are spoiled.

roycrikside
hornets try to take one of the big three away
hornets are slowign tp down
they slowed duncan down half of the games against the hornets

If that's the case then he needs to pass the ball instead of driving into a crowd or jacking up 20 footers without anyone else touching it. A lot of Tony's problems last night were self inflicted.

1Parker1
05-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Parker needs to stop playing for the refs. He's developing a bad habit of flailing around and falling on his ass looking for the foul. And worst of all is he just sits there on his ass at the end while the hornets are on a fast break. Stop that shit already.

:tu I'll definitely agree to that.

urunobili
05-16-2008, 03:01 PM
we need TP. big TP game ensures a win

jag
05-16-2008, 03:04 PM
You sure do let people know about it when Manu has a few too many turnovers. But when he plays well and Tony doesn't, you're oddly quiet. :lol Nobody is saying trade Parker. He just needs to play better. He's had like two subpar games in a row, imo. And you have to admit, Manu had a good game as the backup point last night with both Ime and Bowen out there with him. The team played great D with that lineup and had more size to throw at Paul.

Are you upset cause you have to stop sucking his dick to reply in his defense?

Nobody is saying trade Parker. He just needs to play better. He's had like two subpar games in a row, imo.

The guy carried the team for games 3 and 4...you have short memory.

1Parker1
05-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Parker is defending the best player on the court for the past 4 games, that takes a lot out of you believe it or not, esp when you have to be a top3 scorer and distributor for ur team on the offensive end.

Yes he could have played better last 2 games, but then again, no one on the Spurs played good in Game 5, including Ginobili and Duncan. Furthermore, to even imply or state that the team is somehow better without Parker for long stretches needs to look at the Games 3 and 4, oh and the first round series against the Suns, oh and even last season's finals to see what nonsense that statement is.

Magic_Johnson
05-16-2008, 03:20 PM
stupid threads.
Parker is the best spurs player in these playoffs.
He's allowed to have a bad game.

Kori Ellis
05-16-2008, 03:22 PM
stupid threads.
Parker is the best spurs player in these playoffs.
He's allowed to have a bad game.