PDA

View Full Version : Official F**K David West Thread

GSH
05-16-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm sorry he's hurt, just like any other player. But that's the end of it - there's no story here.

I called an orthopedist friend of mine. He says that running backwards into an immobile stationary object is definitely a bad thing for anyone with a back injury. Tyson Chandler (big) did the exact same thing to Tony Parker (small) in Game 5, but Parker didn't already have a bad back. Parker got up and kept playing. The only story here is that playing a fast-paced, physical sport with a bad back is probably going to make the back worse.

You want something noteworthy to discuss about David West? Look at the video of him on the ground, writhing in pain. That's the exact same face he made every time he got called for a foul in Game 6, including the technical. When the whistles blew against him, he melted down. Now he's got a chip on his shoulder. (Or maybe that's a splinter of the baseball bat that Robert Horry snuck onto the court?)

The Spurs should go right back at him in Game 7. After Game 5, the Hornets thought they were this close to something big. Now they are the ones afraid it will all slip away from them. If West gets a couple of calls against him early, he'll need those Valium for his nerves, not the sore back.

E20
05-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Horry's play wasn't dirty. West was playing with a risk. If it didn't happen on that particular play with Horry, it could have happend on the next play where he was posting somebody up or going up for a rebound.

2easy
05-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Shut up

v2freak
05-16-2008, 03:05 PM
I'll admit that I'm not too high on Hornets West and Paul, but I would never wish harm on a player. West is a punk sometimes (see: incident with Dirk) , but I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

mexicanjunior
05-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Shut up

:lol

jag
05-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Shut up

2easy huh?

TampaDude
05-16-2008, 03:08 PM
I'll admit that I'm not too high on Hornets West and Paul, but I would never wish harm on a player. West is a punk sometimes (see: incident with Dirk) , but I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

+1 I want the Hornets at full strength when we beat them in their house in Game 7...no excuses...no whining...no fucking *

2easy
05-16-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm sorry he's hurt, just like any other player. But that's the end of it - there's no story here.

I called an orthopedist friend of mine. He says that running backwards into an immobile stationary object is definitely a bad thing for anyone with a back injury. Tyson Chandler (big) did the exact same thing to Tony Parker (small) in Game 5, but Parker didn't already have a bad back. Parker got up and kept playing. The only story here is that playing a fast-paced, physical sport with a bad back is probably going to make the back worse.

You want something noteworthy to discuss about David West? Look at the video of him on the ground, writhing in pain. That's the exact same face he made every time he got called for a foul in Game 6, including the technical. When the whistles blew against him, he melted down. Now he's got a chip on his shoulder. (Or maybe that's a splinter of the baseball bat that Robert Horry snuck onto the court?)

The Spurs should go right back at him in Game 7. After Game 5, the Hornets thought they were this close to something big. Now they are the ones afraid it will all slip away from them. If West gets a couple of calls against him early, he'll need those Valium for his nerves, not the sore back.

In game 5, Chandler set a screen and was not moving. Even the announcers said it wasnt a foul. What Horry did was not a screen because Manu was in the air 6 ft in front of him. What was he screening? And he leaned in, almost jumping into West. Just watch in slow motion.

GSH
05-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Shut up

You too.

HEFNHxWwBws

ClingingMars
05-16-2008, 03:10 PM
this is nothing different than the 26 page thread about West....

- Mars

whottt
05-16-2008, 03:10 PM

If Tyson Chandler has his way Parker's back will be ruined by the end of this series...he's been hitting Parker like that all series long.

This is an addition to the hammering Manu is getting from him and Bruce getting busted in the face by Bonzi.

Seriously...all I see is Parker's head bouncing off the wood, Chandlers running his knee up into his tailbone, and Bruce getting busted in the mouth, and thrown to the ground deliberately...

Here's hoping the first play of game 7 is a stiff KT forearm shiv to West's back or even better a straight elbow...

If West is that injured he shouldn't be on the court...and I will consider it a classy act on the part of the Spurs to assist his ass to the sideline.

ClingingMars
05-16-2008, 03:11 PM
You too.

HEFNHxWwBws

dude that was fuckin sick.

- Mars

hater
05-16-2008, 03:12 PM
In game 5, Chandler set a screen and was not moving. Even the announcers said it wasnt a foul. What Horry did was not a screen because Manu was in the air 6 ft in front of him. What was he screening? And he leaned in, almost jumping into West. Just watch in slow motion.

watch the Chandler foul again, he stuck his elbows out to Parker's back. Moreso than Horry.

E20
05-16-2008, 03:12 PM
I want to make another point as well. Byron Scott should have known how serious West's condition was as well, if he did, then there is no reason to still play an injured important player down 20+ points in the 4th, he should have taken West out, just to be safe.

Manufan909
05-16-2008, 03:13 PM
It's funny no one really mentions when Chandler did the EXACT SAME THING on a way smaller player(TP), but if Horry does it, ESPN automatically rolls clips of the Nash incident. They just want to stir up shit. And I apologize for all the Spurs fans who were estatic about West getting hurt, I hope he has a full recovery over the three days of rest, so the Spurs can play against a complete roster. He shouldn't have even been playing in the fourth, it was almost already decided. It's not like he was even hot, so I don't get what Byron was thinking.

mexicanjunior
05-16-2008, 03:13 PM

Chandler was leaning forward, just like Horry, then kicked Parker while he was laying on the ground for good measure. Horry looked to be setting a back screen for an open jumper on the opposite side once Ginoboli started driving to the baseline, it's a play they run all the time but Manu didn't take it in...

2easy
05-16-2008, 03:14 PM
blah, blah, blah Spurs are great blah blah blah spurs do nothing wrong blah blah blah everyone else sucks and cheats blah blah blah blah.

(every thread on this site)

E20
05-16-2008, 03:15 PM
I can't wait until all the Hornets fans are gone after Monday's win.

GSH
05-16-2008, 03:16 PM

The announcers? You want to talk about what the announcers had to say, like they are the final authority? Fine then, asshole. Here is the word-for-word commentary by Marc Jackson about the incident, during the game.

"It's sad to see David West leave... but, I know a bunch of old-school guys, jumping up and down right now, chanting Robert Horry's name. A clean play... a back-screen for a guy that had had back problems. That's playoff basketball. That's a good clean play by Robert Horry. No complaints at all."

You can't have it both ways, dickhead. Like I said... no story there.

dmac
05-16-2008, 03:16 PM

Well we all know that the announcers are experts on EVERYTHING and that they are never wrong. With that being said, Chandler looked like he was a middle linebacker with that block, he raised his arms and shoved them into Parker. His punk ass move was dirty and intentional.

Horry's play was intentional, but it did not carry the malicious intent that Chandler's did.

Apparently the refs agreed with me since they called the fouls and non-fouls the way they did.

whottt
05-16-2008, 03:17 PM
blah, blah, blah Spurs are great blah blah blah spurs do nothing wrong blah blah blah everyone else sucks and cheats blah blah blah blah.

Idiot...we aren't calling your team cheaters or dirty, and if we are it's as much a sign of respect as it is anything else...hell if anything we want our team to match the level of play of your team.

What we're saying is, fuck you, your team has been taking 10 times more shots at our players than ours have at you and you guys want to whine over a routine play?

Fuck off.

2easy
05-16-2008, 03:17 PM

Dont worry. we'll be bothering either the Lakers or Jazz fans while y'all are fishin.

Smirk
05-16-2008, 03:18 PM
watch the Chandler foul again, he stuck his elbows out to Parker's back. Moreso than Horry.

If you can't see the difference between what Tyson did (set a completely legal pick) and what Horry did, you're really being a homer.

By the way, while I think Horry knew it exactly what he was doing and did in intentionally, I don't think it was all that bad.

2easy
05-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Idiot...we aren't calling your team cheaters or dirty, and if we are it's as much a sign of respect as it is anything else...

What we're saying is, fuck you, your team has been taking 10 times more shots at our players than ours have at you and you guys want to whine over a routine play?

Fuck off.

Like i said, blah blah blah our players do no wrong blah blah blah

~Sweetmelody~
It was not a dirty play....but I cringed when I heard the chants of

“Horry … Horry … Horry … ”

mexicanjunior

blah, blah, blah Hornets are great blah blah blah Hornets do nothing wrong blah blah blah everyone else sucks and cheats blah blah blah blah.

(every post you make on this site)

2easy
05-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Well we all know that the announcers are experts on EVERYTHING and that they are never wrong. With that being said, Chandler looked like he was a middle linebacker with that block, he raised his arms and shoved them into Parker. His punk ass move was dirty and intentional.

Horry's play was intentional, but it did not carry the malicious intent that Chandler's did.

Apparently the refs agreed with me since they called the fouls and non-fouls the way they did.

homer

Man of Steel
05-16-2008, 03:21 PM
People can debate for hours whether they believe Horry intended to hurt West or just played hard resulting in his injury. You can debate whether Hornets players did equally dangerous plays to Spurs players. Blah blah blah.

The thing that bothers me is the crowd apparently chanting when West obviously was injured and could not even stand up.

That sucks.

I don't care whether these were Spurs fans or not. This was utter fucking bullshit.

mexicanjunior
If you can't see the difference between what Tyson did (set a completely legal pick) and what Horry did, you're really being a homer.

If you can't see the difference between what Horry did (set a completely legal pick) and what Tyson did, you're really being a homer.

2easy
blah, blah, blah Hornets are great blah blah blah Hornets do nothing wrong blah blah blah everyone else sucks and cheats blah blah blah blah.

(every post you make on this site)

Im just trying to even it out a little.

~Sweetmelody~
05-16-2008, 03:22 PM
The thing that bothers me is the crowd apparently chanting when West obviously was injured and could not even stand up.

That sucks.

I don't care whether these were Spurs fans or not. This was utter fucking bullshit.

ITA

mexicanjunior
05-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Im just trying to even it out a little.

As are we...

Kori Ellis
05-16-2008, 03:23 PM

What's the point of your idiotic thread title then?

There was already a Horry/David West thread. Just because you are an attention whore, we didn't need another one.

shelshor
05-16-2008, 03:26 PM
If Tyson Chandler has his way Parker's back will be ruined by the end of this series...he's been hitting Parker like that all series long.

This is an addition to the hammering Manu is getting from him and Bruce getting busted in the face by Bonzi.

Seriously...all I see is Parker's head bouncing off the wood, Chandlers running his knee up into his tailbone, and Bruce getting busted in the mouth, and thrown to the ground deliberately...

Here's hoping the first play of game 7 is a stiff KT forearm shiv to West's back or even better a straight elbow...

If West is that injured he shouldn't be on the court...and I will consider it a classy act on the part of the Spurs to assist his ass to the sideline.

I'll also settle for Chrissiey C3PO going face first into the floor anytime Parker gets knocked down

Phil Hellmuth
05-16-2008, 03:26 PM
2easy, take your own advice.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2012/shutyoass22yh5.gif

Man of Steel
05-16-2008, 03:27 PM
ITA

ITA? What's that?

GSH
The game was beyond over when the incident happened. And a big part of that was West's melt-down over the calls.

He melted down once, he'll do it again. Like one of my favorite lines of poetry:

"This is the way the world ends... not with a bang, but with a whimper."

dmac
homer

Yes, yes I am. And so were the refs since they called the foul on Chandler and none on Horry.

But thanks for that thoughtful and well worded response.

~Sweetmelody~
05-16-2008, 03:28 PM
ITA? What's that?

I Totally Agree.

BlackSwordsMan
05-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Is he out monday?>

Smirk
05-16-2008, 03:30 PM
If you can't see the difference between what Horry did (set a completely legal pick) and what Tyson did, you're really being a homer.

You're really, really delusional.

GSH
05-16-2008, 03:33 PM
What's the point of your idiotic thread title then?

There was already a Horry/David West thread. Just because you are an attention whore, we didn't need another one.

Kill the thread then. The point was that all the attention is on the incident with Horry. And that is a non-story.

If there is a story about David West, it's that he melted down when the calls didn't go his way. And that story had already played out long before the fourth quarter.

I apologize for disturbing the delicate balance of things.

Manufan909
05-16-2008, 03:33 PM
I hope not, but Scott said he will play for sure, he's just not sure what percentage West'll be playing at. I'm hoping he's at least at 90%. And everyone who cheered about Bowen getting injured, as well as everyone that cheered when West was on the ground are all assholes.

mexicanjunior
05-16-2008, 03:35 PM
You're really, really delusional.

You're really, really delusional...at least Horry didn't kick West while he was down like Chandler did...

Sense
05-16-2008, 03:44 PM
No one did shit.. this is playoff basketball... on to game seven.. fuck the yesterdays game or the ones before that...

DarrinS
05-16-2008, 03:53 PM
You too.

HEFNHxWwBws

Holy shite! Maxiell is a bad mofo.

E20
05-16-2008, 03:56 PM
It's gonna sound cliche, but:

Mad Max was like: GET THAT SHIT OUT OF HERE.

Mike Tirico sounded like he was getting his dick sucked by 10 girls at once, that or he just let out a big dump.

degenerate_gambler
05-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Is he out monday?>

hell no he's not out Monday..

he's not as hurt as he's acting..

Lackluster
05-16-2008, 04:23 PM

that's some nonsensical drivel right there man. come on now, it wasn't a screen because manu was in the air 6 ft in front of him?

1. find me that in the rule book.
2. manu was not in the air 6 ft in front of him.

manu was clearly on a drive going left when he decided to pass it off. you never know what ginobili's gonna do when he's takin the ball into the defense like that. that's what makes him manu ginobili. horry was bankin on manu driving in, and rightly so.

SnakeBoy
05-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Only 3 more days of this. :sleep

SPARKY
05-16-2008, 05:20 PM

http://i29.tinypic.com/35bd0yu.gif

Horry set himself for the pick when Manu was driving past Pargo and it looked like he was going to attack the rim. Manu jumped in the air for the pass about 0.1 seconds before West hit Horry. I'm not sure how Horry was supposed to read that Manu just jumped with West about to run into him.

MiamiHeat
05-16-2008, 05:32 PM
what a coincidence Horry is involved in ANOTHER one of these when the Spurs are struggling in a series........

it was tactical move by Popovich. they probably researched West's injury.

Nolazach
05-16-2008, 05:37 PM

Won't happen.

This site is too much fun.

If West wasn't hurt already it would be a non-issue. Intentional foul, yes; Dirty well thats an opinion and we aren't going to agree.

i just know that the Booooooos Horry is going to get Monday will be deafening.

J.T.
05-16-2008, 05:41 PM
It was not a dirty play....but I cringed when I heard the chants of

“Horry … Horry … Horry … ”

The nice version of this thread is here: http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95435

Given the profanity and generally unfavorable greeting toward West in the topic, we don't particularly care that he got hurt, that he potentially might not be 100% or even be further injured in Game 7. We also don't really care that the fans cheered Horry for a good clean hard foul.

We're just not wired that way.

ClingingMars
05-16-2008, 05:42 PM
what a coincidence Horry is involved in ANOTHER one of these when the Spurs are struggling in a series........

it was tactical move by Popovich. they probably researched West's injury.

:lmao

and we didn't really land on the moon, right?

- Mars

J.T.
05-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Won't happen.

If West wasn't hurt already it would be a non-issue. Intentional foul, yes; Dirty well thats an opinion and we aren't going to agree.

We got some boos in Phoenix after the Horry stuff from last year too.

We also won that game.

I like the pattern I'm seeing here.

ClingingMars
05-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Won't happen.

we mean the idiot Hornet trolls.

not you, buddy. bon appetite.

- Mars

whottt
05-16-2008, 05:48 PM

Noooooooooooo! You aren't seriously going to boo Horry are you? Don't you think that's a little bit excessive?

Dammit...Horry folds like a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZdik09RGJI
cheap tent when you boo him :depressed

Please don't boo him. This is quite possibly the most dastardly thing anyone has ever conceived as a way of fixing Horry...it's just not fair. There absolutely no way Horry could be prepared to deal with being booed in a big game on an enemy court...for it has never happend to him before.

Please...don't...boo. Whatever else you do, keep those merciless boos to yourself.

Have a heart.

Whimper

Whine

Please...not the boos. Anything but the boos.

AnonymousMavsFan
05-16-2008, 05:56 PM
I didn't care about the screen, but the taunting a player who is injured is down right trashy. My respect for San Antonio sports dropped at a new low.

ClingingMars
05-16-2008, 05:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZdik09RGJI

BZdik09RGJI

makin life a little easier

- Mars

GrandeDavid
05-16-2008, 06:05 PM
I like that David West gives much love and respect to the great David Robinson, but other than that, I'm a UC guy and he's XU, and he's playing against the Spurs.

So, therefore, at least for now, F- David West!

GrandeDavid
05-16-2008, 06:10 PM

:lol :lol

The Pivot Bitch speaks! Whottt, you are the homem (man)!

Nolazach
05-16-2008, 06:14 PM
I don't thin Horry should be suspended, and I don't think it should be the issue that it is. West will be back Monday. We will be most un-hospitable on Monday night.

It will be a great game. I am a bit surprised it went to seven and will be even more surprised if we drop it in the hive. The series has been fun and so has the time here.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Idiot...we aren't calling your team cheaters or dirty, and if we are it's as much a sign of respect as it is anything else...hell if anything we want our team to match the level of play of your team.

Fuck off.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Whottt, I love you, man! ha ha

BonnerDynasty
05-16-2008, 06:29 PM
He's not hurt. He's a bitch who did a little acting to get out of a 20 pt pwnage.

He will be fine for game 7, and make all of his shots no problem.

The media were the corporate populist pussies as usual and should all eat shit and die for being mindless puppets. Listening to talk radio the entire day was a joke.

Horry is a multi-millionaire with 7 rings. You are nothing to him. God Bless The Horry.

2easy
05-16-2008, 06:47 PM
He's not hurt. He's a bitch who did a little acting to get out of a 20 pt pwnage.

The media were the corporate populist pussies as usual and should all eat shit and die for being mindless puppets. Listening to talk radio the entire day was a joke.

Horry is a multi-millionaire with 7 rings. You are nothing to him. God Bless The Horry.

Horry is a tag-along that has been on a good ride. fuck Cheap Shot Horry.

MiamiHeat
05-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Horry is nothing but a cheap shot player now that the Spurs use when they are struggling.

I used to respect popovich and the spurs, but after this, it's too many instances to be a mistake. Horry is a dirty player but the fault is on POPOVICH for telling horry to do it.

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Horry is nothing but a cheap shot player now that the Spurs use when they are struggling.

I used to respect popovich and the spurs, but after this, it's too many instances to be a mistake. Horry is a dirty player but the fault is on POPOVICH for telling horry to do it.

Horry has been in the league for 16 years, and has TWO questionable incidents, and you call him dirty and a cheap shot?

- Mars

Johnny RIngo
05-17-2008, 02:34 PM

I lost a lot of respect for David West after that incident. Milking an injury to escape blame for a shitty performace in a blowout loss is pathetic. I bet he'll be 100% Monday and I'll be laughing my ass off at the Hornets fans whining about cheapshots when it's really West doing a little Chris Paul-style acting.

Hornets pwn spurs!
05-17-2008, 04:32 PM

I Know seriously! Obivously the spurs and their Lame fans believe that they are the best thing since water........

BUT BOY ARE THEY WRONG

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 05:08 PM
I Know seriously! Obivously the spurs and their Lame fans believe that they are the best thing since water........

BUT BOY ARE THEY WRONG

Louis the Rockets and the Suns already lost, what are you still doing here?

- Mars

m33p0
05-17-2008, 07:55 PM
he got blindsided by a pick and got hit on the wrong nerve. should have been the end of the story but he tried to sell a cheap shot. f**k david west for that.

ballhog
05-17-2008, 07:57 PM

By the way, while I think Horry knew it exactly what he was doing and did in intentionally, I don't think it was all that bad.

Hey, I hope he does it again. He's playing hurt. Who cares? If he doesn't want to risk it, he can sit on the bench. He's a bitchin' crybaby any way you look at it. He's getting paid well to take some shots. Man up.

mando6599
05-17-2008, 08:56 PM

Sure that was a screen. The person you're screening for doesn't have to be right next to you, a la the pick and roll. Players set screens and double screens in order to shed another person's defender off the ball. Now Horry probably thought Manu was going to drive the rim, not pass the ball though. FYI

mando

BiZNicK
05-17-2008, 08:56 PM
If the intention was to purposely injure West, this would have been done at least in the first half, to ensure a home win.

my2sons
05-17-2008, 09:33 PM

then go back to your mary poppins site, where you get banned for saying gosh darned....

oh my, those evil spurs players in black play so rough...gosh darn...

my2sons
05-17-2008, 09:38 PM

Uhmm if they were both fouls...according to refs, so no tyson was not a legal pick...just in case you missed the game, there was a foul called on tyson.

mavsfan1000
05-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Horry should be suspended. That was a dirty play.

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Horry should be suspended. That was a dirty play.

:cry :cry :cry

- Mars

td4mvp21
05-17-2008, 11:05 PM
It was a motherfucking pick. West back peddled into it. That is the same thing Parker did with Chandler. Neither were dirty.

Coach J
05-17-2008, 11:39 PM
NOT :nope a cheap shot just PLAYOFF Basketball by Horry!!! Even Byron Scott said in his days it was even more physical.
:lobt2:

mavsfan1000
05-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Time for Chandler to give Parker or Ginobili the mother of all back screen picks.

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Time for Chandler to give Parker or Ginobili the mother of all back screen picks.

he already did that to parker. fail.

- Mars