PDA

View Full Version : Any Spurs fans going to the game Monday?

Spurs Fan in PCB
05-16-2008, 03:17 PM
I live quite a bit closer than San Antonio fans so I think I'm going to make the trip for the game. I've got a bid in for some lower level seats on ebay. Just curious if anyone else is making the trip.

:flag:

JoshTheChild
05-16-2008, 03:27 PM
are those those lower level seats for like close to $400? I did my research lol. I think I will just got to a WCF game against LA. assuming they win game 7

Spurs Fan in PCB
05-16-2008, 03:29 PM
are those those lower level seats for like close to $400? I did my research lol. I think I will just got to a WCF game against LA. assuming they win game 7

For 2 lower level for about 350 for both. But my drive is only about 4.5 hours compared to SA fans at 8 hours. There was one earlier today a single ticket lower level like row 14 corner that went for 104 bucks! If I was going alone I would would been all over that one!

jman3000
05-16-2008, 03:30 PM
if my test was a little earlier in the day monday i would have bought a ticket and made the drive.

i was contemplating it until i did the math and figured id be entering new orleans at around the start of the 4th quarter.

Spurs Fan in PCB
05-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Well I moved here from SA 3 years ago and when I lived in SA I went to games all the time and I really miss going. NO is as close as I can get to see the Spurs play! ATL is 6 hours as well as Orlando 6 hours too. Flew last year to see them play in Miami. I figure if I'm gonna get to see a game this year this is the game to see!

alon504
05-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Hey Spurs Fan in PCB, I wouldn't recommend buying tickets over ebay. There can be issues. I would recommend stubhub--that is where you get your real tickets with no concerns of fraud. Good luck with the tickets, the tickets went on sale this morning and sold out in 10 minutes. BTW, if you get tickets and come to the game, I'd come on Sunday, and at least enjoy a day in the Quarter....

T Park
05-16-2008, 08:14 PM
I'd do it, if we organized a Spurstalk roadie, ala back in 06 to the Spurs Rocket's game.

Spurs Fan in PCB
05-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Hey Spurs Fan in PCB, I wouldn't recommend buying tickets over ebay. There can be issues. I would recommend stubhub--that is where you get your real tickets with no concerns of fraud. Good luck with the tickets, the tickets went on sale this morning and sold out in 10 minutes. BTW, if you get tickets and come to the game, I'd come on Sunday, and at least enjoy a day in the Quarter....

Thanks for the tip. I usually do use Stub hub. I've gotten most of my tickets there when I go to games in other cities, but I thought i'd try the ebay deal this once. But I guess I'll look at stubhub again and see if anything else comes up. Yeah we will probably come in Monday and stay the night and Tuesday spend some time in Quarter! Again thanks for the tip!

Spurs Fan in PCB
05-16-2008, 10:32 PM
I'd do it, if we organized a Spurstalk roadie, ala back in 06 to the Spurs Rocket's game.

I was hoping that some Spurs fans were going to come. I hate to be the only one! LOL!!!!

BRHornet45
05-16-2008, 10:33 PM
sons I welcome all spurs fans to the N.O. ... we can get drunk on Bourbon after the Hornets win. god bless

spursfan09
05-16-2008, 10:36 PM
It sucks that gas is just so expensive.

Spurs Fan in PCB
05-16-2008, 10:43 PM
sons I welcome all spurs fans to the N.O. ... we can get drunk on Bourbon after the Hornets win. god bless

:lol and when the Spurs win we can still do that too....as I'm sure you will need to drown your sorrows!!!! Because if for some reason my boys let this game slip through their hands I'll need much drinking to ease the pain...:toast

remingtonbo2001
05-16-2008, 10:48 PM
This is going to sound silly, but where is PCB?

Spurs Fan in PCB
05-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Not a stupid question at all. I live in Panama City Beach, FL...

Man of Steel
05-16-2008, 10:55 PM
The Big Easy is so cool. Wish I could go. Have to work an early shift on Tuesday.

BTW--in he French Quarter, do they still have K-Paul's? That restaurant used to really be fantastic.

And Cafe DuMonde and those fantastic beignets?

Hmmm...

BRHornet45
05-16-2008, 10:57 PM
The Big Easy is so cool. Wish I could go. Have to work an early shift on Tuesday.

BTW--in he French Quarter, do they still have K-Paul's? That restaurant used to really be fantastic.

Hmmm...

yes they are there. sons all of you come down. I will get you all drunk.

Spurs Fan in PCB
05-16-2008, 10:58 PM

Hmmm...

I haven't been back to N.O. since Katrina so this will be my first trip there in a while. There were a few places that we used to eat down in the Quarter and I'm hoping they are still around. And I've been to Cafe DuMonde they do have the best beignets!

alon504
05-17-2008, 12:03 AM
I haven't been back to N.O. since Katrina so this will be my first trip there in a while. There were a few places that we used to eat down in the Quarter and I'm hoping they are still around. And I've been to Cafe DuMonde they do have the best beignets!

I'm sure they are there.....there are still scars (you'll see most in NOEast), but, you'll probably be surprised how it seems exactly like the regular ole New Orleans. The only real big difference right now is New Orleans has NBA fever.....