PDA

View Full Version : History lesson: Top 10 Spurs 'questionable' plays

phyzik
05-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Didnt see it posted yet.

This guys an idiot, he is going to be on ESPN 1250 next.

http://blog.nola.com/gladow/2008/05/history_lesson_top_10_spurs_qu.html

History lesson: Top 10 Spurs 'questionable' plays
Posted by David Gladow, NOLA.com May 16, 2008 1:16PM
Categories: Hornets, NBA, Video
In honor of the controversy surrounding Robert Horry's latest "incident" involving an injured opponent (which resulted in David West aggravating his injured back), NOLA.com presents its top 10 questionable Spurs plays.

The term "questionable" can be taken many ways, but it's perhaps the fairest way to describe what has transpired for a team that has a reputation for this sort of thing. There's plenty of visual evidence to support the assertion that these are "dirty" or "unsportsmanlike" plays, but ultimately, it's up to each individual to decide what is dirty and what isn't.

And while good, physical play is to be commended, most (if not all) of the selections for this list warrant debate.

With that said, here they are:

10. BOWEN'S LEGACY

In his 500th consecutive game earlier this year against the Hornets, Bruce Bowen did exactly what he always does: He allowed a controversial play to supersede everything else he had done on the court. This scrum with Hornets superstar Chris Paul did nothing to improve his image as a "dirty" player.

9. GINOBILI THE ACTOR

No one was ever in any sort of danger of getting hurt during this Manu Ginobili flop against current Hornets player Bonzi Wells when he played for the Blazers, but is this sort of thing really within the spirit of the game? Several bad flops have occurred for both sides during this series, but Ginobili's acting here may be tough to top.

8. BOWEN PLAYS SOCCER WITH ALLEN

Ray Allen wasn't exactly a willing participant in Bruce Bowen's game of soccer, but he nevertheless got a friendly "love" boot from Bowen after both men ended up on the floor in a Spurs-Sonics game in 2005. In practical terms, this is pretty harmless in its execution, but what of the motive?

7. PARKER AFFRONTS THE MUSIC INDUSTRY

Okay, so this may not be an offensive play per se, but it is definitely offensive. Tony Parker tries his hand at French rap (I kid you not) and the abomination of a "music" video that results is enough to scare a person off Youtube for good.

6. HORRY MASHES NASH

In 2007, the Spurs lost to the Suns in Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinals to even their series at two games apiece. In the closing minutes of a game in hand, however, Robert Horry hip-checked Steve Nash into the scorer's table, inciting Amare Stoudemire to leave the bench ... which resulted in a suspension for Stoudemire and an eventual series win for the Spurs.

5. BOWEN KICKS IT UP A NOTCH

This little beauty doesn't look like much of anything until it is slowed down and you begin to focus on Amare Stoudemire's reaction after the fact. I'm still trying to figure out what Bruce Bowen was trying to do here ... whether his foot connected with the "target" or not.

4. BOWEN BREAKS AI'S ANKLE ... LITERALLY

Like most of Bowen's transgressions, this one really doesn't look that bad until you slow it down and pay attention. Allen Iverson and Bowen got tangled up on an AI drive into the lane, but when one asks why they got tangled up in the first place ... that's when the legitimacy of Bowen's defense comes into real question.

3. BOWEN'S 'MOVE'

Allen Iverson has the crossover. Vince Carter has the windmill dunk. Bruce Bowen has the "stick out your leg" defense. This patented style of defense has injured some and angered others, and while one can question the motivation of the move all day (is it meant to give him an edge defending or to injure his opponents?), the end results often speak for themselves.

2. BOWEN PRACTICES FEMALE SELF DEFENSE

Bruce Bowen wanted some separation from a tightly-guarding Steve Nash, but this looks like the wrong way to go about getting it. Memo to Bowen: It's okay to go after a guy's manhood if he's trying to rape you. It's not okay to go after a guy's manhood if you're playing basketball.

1. BOWEN KNOWS KUNG FU

Is this play at all excusable in any universe? Sure, Bowen was flying out of control. Sure, Wally Szczerbiak made an unexpected move to the basket. But it is just not acceptable to extend one's leg and kick another man in the face. You just don't do it (unless we're talking about Ultimate Fighting or some such).

rAm
05-16-2008, 05:42 PM
so mainly this guy just hates bruce bowen?

E20
05-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Lol?

Bartleby
05-16-2008, 05:44 PM
At least Bowen has a legacy. Can't really say that about any of the Hornets (unless you count Peja's choke job legacy in playoff games).

ClingingMars
05-16-2008, 05:47 PM
so mainly this guy just hates bruce bowen?

xtremesteven33
05-16-2008, 05:50 PM
hahahaaha...they think the spurs play DIRTY?? and thats bad character?? they dont say anything about kobe raping a girl, shaq cussing on live tv MANY TIMES or Jordans crazy night life style with his gambling problems or carmelos DUI's, or all of the players binge drinking crazy night life style but no, they go after on of the most classiest guys in the NBA for playing physical. not dirty, physical

Borosai
05-16-2008, 05:51 PM
I skimmed through the titles, and chuckled. Lame.

FromWayDowntown
05-16-2008, 05:54 PM

Like most of Bowen's transgressions, this one really doesn't look that bad until you slow it down and pay attention. Allen Iverson and Bowen got tangled up on an AI drive into the lane, but when one asks why they got tangled up in the first place ... that's when the legitimacy of Bowen's defense comes into real question.

Maybe they got tangled up in the process of Iverson committing an offensive foul -- the actual call (and a correct one) on the play. They got tangled up because Bowen played great positional defense on Iverson and was pushed to the ground by AI's forearm. Had AI not pushed off, Bowen's leg would have never made contact with Iverson's ankle.

SnakeBoy
05-16-2008, 05:56 PM
I like Bruce.

CubanMustGo
05-16-2008, 06:05 PM
TOP TEN THINGS THE NEW ORLEANS HORNETS ARE KNOWN FOR

1. Incessant whining from its fan base that would make a baby with a day old diaper stop and take notice.

2. Chris Paul re-defining the term "flop."

3. Selective memory.

That's it. They've sucked so much so long that nobody gives a fuck.

Red Hawk #21
05-16-2008, 06:18 PM
I think this guy is a douche but he is a absolutely right about #1, Bowen should not have been out of control like that but it wasn't intentional and it was a couple of years ago so its over now.

2easy
05-16-2008, 06:18 PM

1. Incessant whining from its fan base that would make a baby with a day old diaper stop and take notice.

3. Selective memory.

Spurs fan calling Hornets whiners and floppers. :lmao Thats funny, i dont care who you are.

SpursWoman
05-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Lol?

:lol

50 cent
05-16-2008, 06:27 PM
9. GINOBILI THE ACTOR

No one was ever in any sort of danger of getting hurt during this Manu Ginobili flop against current Hornets player Bonzi Wells when he played for the Blazers, but is this sort of thing really within the spirit of the game? Several bad flops have occurred for both sides during this series, but Ginobili's acting here may be tough to top.

Sorry dude, but this can't be topped.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u296/emotionless2007/cpflop.gif

ClingingMars
05-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Corso's favorite is number 10!

Oh boy!

The Corso troll said something different for a change!!!

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!

- Mars

spursfaninla
05-16-2008, 06:47 PM
1) Spurs are boring. Wait, no they are dirty (does that mean they are not boring then?)

2) The bowen thing doesn't even make sense, since he didn't do shit this series to anybody...this is just hate.

3) Horry also didn't do shit. Players that are delicate b/c they are hurt should not be on the floor, sorry.

4) Flopping like only the spurs do that? Manu has not been flopping at all this series as far as I can tell, esp. not compared to cp3.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-16-2008, 06:50 PM
I could come up with 10 questionable plays by the Hornets in this series.

This guy has to call on a couple of years of Spurs basketball? Lame.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Dude needs to look up the word literally.

mavs>spurs2
05-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Didnt see it posted yet.

This guys an idiot, he is going to be on ESPN 1250 next.

History lesson: Top 10 Spurs 'questionable' plays
Posted by David Gladow, NOLA.com May 16, 2008 1:16PM
Categories: Hornets, NBA, Video
In honor of the controversy surrounding Robert Horry's latest "incident" involving an injured opponent (which resulted in David West aggravating his injured back), NOLA.com presents its top 10 questionable Spurs plays.

The term "questionable" can be taken many ways, but it's perhaps the fairest way to describe what has transpired for a team that has a reputation for this sort of thing. There's plenty of visual evidence to support the assertion that these are "dirty" or "unsportsmanlike" plays, but ultimately, it's up to each individual to decide what is dirty and what isn't.

And while good, physical play is to be commended, most (if not all) of the selections for this list warrant debate.

With that said, here they are:

10. BOWEN'S LEGACY

In his 500th consecutive game earlier this year against the Hornets, Bruce Bowen did exactly what he always does: He allowed a controversial play to supersede everything else he had done on the court. This scrum with Hornets superstar Chris Paul did nothing to improve his image as a "dirty" player.

9. GINOBILI THE ACTOR

8. BOWEN PLAYS SOCCER WITH ALLEN

Ray Allen wasn't exactly a willing participant in Bruce Bowen's game of soccer, but he nevertheless got a friendly "love" boot from Bowen after both men ended up on the floor in a Spurs-Sonics game in 2005. In practical terms, this is pretty harmless in its execution, but what of the motive?

7. PARKER AFFRONTS THE MUSIC INDUSTRY

Okay, so this may not be an offensive play per se, but it is definitely offensive. Tony Parker tries his hand at French rap (I kid you not) and the abomination of a "music" video that results is enough to scare a person off Youtube for good.

6. HORRY MASHES NASH

In 2007, the Spurs lost to the Suns in Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinals to even their series at two games apiece. In the closing minutes of a game in hand, however, Robert Horry hip-checked Steve Nash into the scorer's table, inciting Amare Stoudemire to leave the bench ... which resulted in a suspension for Stoudemire and an eventual series win for the Spurs.

5. BOWEN KICKS IT UP A NOTCH

This little beauty doesn't look like much of anything until it is slowed down and you begin to focus on Amare Stoudemire's reaction after the fact. I'm still trying to figure out what Bruce Bowen was trying to do here ... whether his foot connected with the "target" or not.

3. BOWEN'S 'MOVE'

Allen Iverson has the crossover. Vince Carter has the windmill dunk. Bruce Bowen has the "stick out your leg" defense. This patented style of defense has injured some and angered others, and while one can question the motivation of the move all day (is it meant to give him an edge defending or to injure his opponents?), the end results often speak for themselves.

2. BOWEN PRACTICES FEMALE SELF DEFENSE

Bruce Bowen wanted some separation from a tightly-guarding Steve Nash, but this looks like the wrong way to go about getting it. Memo to Bowen: It's okay to go after a guy's manhood if he's trying to rape you. It's not okay to go after a guy's manhood if you're playing basketball.

1. BOWEN KNOWS KUNG FU

Is this play at all excusable in any universe? Sure, Bowen was flying out of control. Sure, Wally Szczerbiak made an unexpected move to the basket. But it is just not acceptable to extend one's leg and kick another man in the face. You just don't do it (unless we're talking about Ultimate Fighting or some such).

Great points, I couldn't agree more.

Avitus1
05-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Brrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccc cccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-16-2008, 08:08 PM
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/79792472.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935FB17706AA75D2015559C697937CB948 5A5397277B4DC33E

mystargtr34
05-16-2008, 08:29 PM
This is unbelievable... ive gone from respecting the Hornets and liking them... too absolutely despising them more than any other team in the league..

From Chris Paul to the fucking coach to their media writers and to all otherr fucking sports writers.

This is going to be so sweet when we get game 7... so sweet.

ClingingMars
05-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Great points, I couldn't agree more.

why the fuck aren't you banned yet, you whore. go rot.

- Mars

DannyT
05-16-2008, 08:33 PM
but back in the day we were soft...boring...and a bunch of cupcakes...Karl Malone alone had more dirty plays against the spurs then this whole group of spurs has had on the entire league....but we arent still bringing that old shit up...maybe its cause we win titles...Bruce or this team of spurs is no dirtier then any other player in the league right now or before...we just arent all thugged out about it...and yelling fuck the cops when we get caught

ShoogarBear
05-16-2008, 08:34 PM
http://www.extremesportclips.com/video/1140/Chris-Paul-Punches-Julius-Hodge.html

mavs>spurs2
05-16-2008, 08:40 PM
why the fuck aren't you banned yet, you whore. go rot.

- Mars

Because this isn't your board and that play last night was dirty.

DannyT
05-16-2008, 09:07 PM
this coming from the dude whos team captain was punked by david west...no wonder you guys choke on the big one....you bitches are soft

mavs>spurs2
05-16-2008, 09:17 PM
It was dirty no matter who it comes from

ChumpDumper
05-16-2008, 09:20 PM
So was Horry banned for life from the league today?

SPARKY
05-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Ah yes, the Spurs are "dirty". I haven't heard that one before.

phyzik
05-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Cupcakes to Boring to Dirty... We are moving up...

ClingingMars
05-16-2008, 10:38 PM

I can see it now. 5 minutes left of the clock in game 7, Spurs are up 18 this game is over. Just before Pop can pull out his starters, Duncan takes a vicious elbow to the temple from Chandler. He is carried out of the arena on a stretcher, the Spurs go on to win the game. Later that night we learn that Tim Duncan was pronounced dead at 11:05 p.m.

my problem with you asshole has nothing to do with what horry did or didn't fucking do.

- Mars

ATXSPUR
05-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Because this isn't your board and that play last night was dirty. says the guy with jason terry in his sig

DannyT
05-16-2008, 11:36 PM
says the guy with jason terry in his sig

got em coach

mavs>spurs2
05-17-2008, 12:38 AM
my problem with you asshole has nothing to do with what horry did or didn't fucking do.

- Mars

I posted that with the intent that I would get some of the more weak minded posters panties in a wad. You guys were pissing me off in the Horry thread, so I gave it right back to you. Funny thing is, most people overlooked it, yet you were the only one who took such great offense to it. Well, you and duncan228 but thats understandable.

pawe
05-17-2008, 12:56 AM
So what! People are going to bring you down if you are doing something good and the Spurs have been doing good for the last 10-11 yrs. They are the champions so the media can't really hit them in terms of their skills and abilities. It's just like politics, black propaganda is everywhere.

Dario
05-17-2008, 02:21 AM
Some people are sad when they lose, some people whine on enemy forums, others write crap articles. Losing is a bitch

rasho8
05-17-2008, 03:18 AM

Your team being pathetic choking bitches is dirty, Dirt is such a sand clogged vagina he shouldn't even play after the regular season.

At least he has his MVP trophy right?

50 cent
05-17-2008, 04:48 AM
we went from soft to dirty real quick.

I'll take Dirty anyday. The mavs can have soft.

v2freak
05-17-2008, 05:07 AM
I was expecting to see something about 0.4 but nope, just some rant from an unhappy dude.

m33p0
05-17-2008, 05:48 AM
The term "questionable" can be taken many ways, but it's perhaps the fairest way to describe what has transpired for a team that has a reputation for this sort of thing.
prior to "The Hip-Check", weren't the Spurs known to be "Soft"?

Texas_Ranger
05-17-2008, 07:35 AM
What a bitch!

SAGambler
05-17-2008, 09:40 AM

3. Selective memory.

Actually, he has manage to take the "flop" to a new dimension. He has invented the "dead ball flop", a new and improved type of flop that will have to be discussed by the league.

I do think that Paul is maybe the most entertaining flopper in bb today. That 360 spin and fall after barely touching Obertos arm was hilariously funny.

SAGambler
05-17-2008, 09:47 AM
prior to "The Hip-Check", weren't the Spurs known to be "Soft"?

Funny how perceptions change.

But, BB is a contact sport. And I am amazed that given the long season, and then the more physical play in the postseason, that we don't end up with more players hurt and hurt badly, than we see.

And I still laugh at the one that got Bowen suspended. Hell, looked like Paul tried to hit him in the jewels, and I never saw a thing that Bowen did that required a suspension. A scrum is a scrum. Why the hell can't they figure it out. They are all after the same object. Shit can happen.

mrspurs
05-17-2008, 10:31 AM
and the hits just keep on coming...this guy should work for the express news..he and suck harvey would make a good tag-team......go spurs go

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 10:48 AM
I posted that with the intent that I would get some of the more weak minded posters panties in a wad. You guys were pissing me off in the Horry thread, so I gave it right back to you. Funny thing is, most people overlooked it, yet you were the only one who took such great offense to it. Well, you and duncan228 but thats understandable.

it's because YOU DON'T JOKE ABOUT SHIT LIKE THAT, dumbass.

- Mars

Anti.Hero
05-17-2008, 10:54 AM
The Spurs would not be labeled DIRTY if not for their success.

duncan228
05-17-2008, 10:57 AM
...and duncan228 but thats understandable.

Thanks for the understanding.

Just for the record, I would have taken offense at a comment that included death no matter who the player was. Obviously I'm going to react strong when it's Duncan but I don't find death jokes or injury jokes funny. I get why you posted it, and some may have found it funny. I didn't. We're all entitled to our opinion, that's what makes ST so great. You can post it, I can respond to it.

mavs>spurs2
05-17-2008, 11:34 AM
it's because YOU DON'T JOKE ABOUT SHIT LIKE THAT, dumbass.

- Mars

Says the guy who signs every single one of his posts..douchebag

duncan228
05-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Says the guy who signs every single one of his posts..

Can anyone tell me why people sign their posts? I've asked before, but no one has answered me. I don't have a clue why it's needed when it's obvious who posted. Maybe if someone explained why I would understand it...

polandprzem
05-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Can anyone tell me why people sign their posts? I've asked before, but no one has answered me. I don't have a clue why it's needed when it's obvious who posted. Maybe if someone explained why I would understand it...

yea excactly

I never was asking about it but what's the sense of doing it?

- polandprzem

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Says the guy who signs every single one of his posts..douchebag

irrelevant point. i don't joke about people dying.

and I'm in your head! :lol

- Mars

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 01:05 PM

long story, it's just a habit.

- Mars

mavs>spurs2
05-17-2008, 01:15 PM
irrelevant point. i don't joke about people dying.

and I'm in your head! :lol

- Mars

Sorry son, you have to be a good poster with some intelligent takes before I even begin to take you seriously enough for you to be in my head.

mavs>spurs2
05-17-2008, 01:15 PM

- Mars

Then just break the habit.

- Mavs

E20
05-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Well in defense of Mars, when you write a formal letter, you have your name on the envelope, then you have your name on top of the letter itself, so there is no reason to sign you name again on the bottom, yet it is still done.

-E20

mavs>spurs2
05-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Well in defense of Mars, when you write a formal letter, you have your name on the envelope, then you have your name on top of the letter itself, so there is no reason to sign you name again on the bottom, yet it is still done.

-E20

:rollin:rollin:rollin That's funny

Peja
05-17-2008, 01:20 PM
can anyone find 10 unquestionable plays???

duncan228
05-17-2008, 01:21 PM

- Mars

Considering how much crap you take for doing it I would think that telling people why might help them understand it and not tease you for doing it. "Habit" doesn't explain the reason why it started in the first place. I know you don't seem to care about people teasing you for doing it, and I'm not trying to rag on you. I'm just curious about why people do it. It makes no sense on a message board when your user name is already in every one of your posts.

WildcardManu
05-17-2008, 01:37 PM
10 years from now when the media looks back at the Spurs, they will only need one word to describe them... DYNASTY

forget the idiots trying to taint them by calling them this and that bullshit. So Horry forces nash into the scorer's table, that's ok, this is Tim's team not Rob's. So bruce is called dirty by whiny players, he will be remembered as one of the most feared defender because of his effectiveness on mentally fragile players like Ray Allen or Peja.

There is really not much more to say about this, because that's all the ammo the media and the whiners have. Other than that, the Spurs are the champs and won't be denied.

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Sorry son, you have to be a good poster with some intelligent takes before I even begin to take you seriously enough for you to be in my head.

that shall be my life goal then! :worthy:

:lmao

- Mars

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Considering how much crap you take for doing it I would think that telling people why might help them understand it and not tease you for doing it. "Habit" doesn't explain the reason why it started in the first place. I know you don't seem to care about people teasing you for doing it, and I'm not trying to rag on you. I'm just curious about why people do it. It makes no sense on a message board when your user name is already in every one of your posts.

it's just something i started doing when i first found this thing called 'internet forums'. *shrug*

i love how mavs>spurs totally diverged the conservation into something that is completely irrelevant to his bannable offense.

- Mars

mavs>spurs2
05-17-2008, 01:58 PM
it's just something i started doing when i first found this thing called 'internet forums'. *shrug*

i love how mavs>spurs totally diverged the conservation into something that is completely irrelevant to his bannable offense.

- Mars

Bannable offense? I'm still here. The thing is, Kori and timvp aren't whiny little bitches like you. And for duncan228, i'll even apologize, it was a little over the top. Sad thing is you're the only one who took it so seriously.

- Mavs :lmao

duncan228
05-17-2008, 02:02 PM

- Mars

Thanks for answering about the signing of posts. I still don't get why, but it doesn't matter if I get it or not, you've got the right to do it.

The same thing applies to Mavs>Spurs post. I don't like what he said but I'll fight for his right to say it. He can say it, I can disagree with it. I don't think it's a "bannable" offense, but it's not my board. It's Kori's say about what's bannable here. I've never had a problem with how she runs this site.

cherylsteele
05-17-2008, 02:02 PM
At least the Spurs have a history to list "questionable" plays.

peskypesky
05-17-2008, 02:05 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/espn_rankings_080423.html

duncan228
05-17-2008, 02:06 PM
And for duncan228, i'll even apologize, it was a little over the top.

Apology appreciated, but not necessary. Your post hit on a player, not me. And like I just said to Mars, I may not like what you said but you've got the right to say it and I'll fight for that anytime. The freedom here on ST is one of the best things about it. There are lines not to cross, personal attacks among them, but as long as we stay in those lines we can speak our minds. What's not to love about that, even if you don't agree with what's being said?

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Bannable offense? I'm still here. The thing is, Kori and timvp aren't whiny little bitches like you. And for duncan228, i'll even apologize, it was a little over the top. Sad thing is you're the only one who took it so seriously.

- Mavs :lmao

it's no better than joking about Katrina.

- Mars

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Apology appreciated, but not necessary. Your post hit on a player, not me. And like I just said to Mars, I may not like what you said but you've got the right to say it and I'll fight for that anytime. The freedom here on ST is one of the best things about it. There are lines not to cross, personal attacks among them, but as long as we stay in those lines we can speak our minds. What's not to love about that, even if you don't agree with what's being said?

i love the freedom of speech here, but even with the 1st amendment there are lines you don't cross, and joking about someone DYING is one of them.

- Mars

reck21
05-17-2008, 02:19 PM
This guy clearly has a Bruce Bowen beef..

get back to chewing on your dry bone dude..geez

duncan228
05-17-2008, 02:23 PM
i love the freedom of speech here, but even with the 1st amendment there are lines you don't cross, and joking about someone DYING is one of them.

- Mars

If anyone was going to get up in arms about a Duncan death scenerio, I would think it would have been me. But, in poor taste or not, it's just a message board comment. He said it, I told him I didn't like it, we move on. There are plenty of jokes in bad taste here, and on any board. It's not worth getting hung up on.

reck21
05-17-2008, 02:27 PM

- Mars

Hey I know plenty of people who does what you do (Adding their name at the end of their post) and if you want to do that then more power to you Mars.

No one should care for that. I'm sure most of you if not all have their own thing whether is putting your name or jumping jacks or whatever. Teasing someone for what they do before taking at look at yourself is kind of pathetic and ignorant of you.

KillerBee
05-17-2008, 02:33 PM

I think the above link says it all.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2008, 02:35 PM
"Why can't hornetfan read?"

I think the above question says it all.

mavs>spurs2
05-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Hey I know plenty of people who does what you do (Adding their name at the end of their post) and if you want to do that then more power to you Mars.

No one should care for that. I'm sure most of you if not all have their own thing whether is putting your name or jumping jacks or whatever. Teasing someone for what they do before taking at look at yourself is kind of pathetic and ignorant of you.

Some people also do things that are called bad habits such as picking your nose, coughing with your mouth open, etc. Sometimes you use better judgement and don't do stupid things.

reck21
05-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Some people also do things that are called bad habits such as picking your nose, coughing with your mouth open, etc. Sometimes you use better judgement and don't do stupid things.

Adding your name at the end is hardly a "bad habit"

People post what they want, if you dont like it then tough.

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 02:41 PM
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/0822/normal_oldnews.jpg

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95587

- Mars

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 02:42 PM
there's an ignore feature. if dashmars gets in your head and under your damn skin so much, then use it.

- Mars

mavs>spurs2
05-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Adding your name at the end is hardly a "bad habit"

People post what they want, if you dont like it then tough.

Sure. He's still an idiot in my book, though.

KillerBee
05-17-2008, 02:55 PM
"Why can't hornetfan read?"

I think the above question says it all.

I Guess its hard to type with a dick in your mouth. What are you trying to say here ass pimple?

MaNuMaNiAc
05-17-2008, 02:57 PM
I Guess its hard to type with a dick in your mouth. What are you trying to say here ass pimple?

that you don't have enough sense to bother to check the front page and realize this shit has already been posted, jackass

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 02:58 PM
that you don't have enough sense to bother to check the front page and realize this shit has already been posted, jackass

ChumpDumper
05-17-2008, 02:58 PM
I Guess its hard to type with a dick in your mouth. What are you trying to say here ass pimple?If you're a touch-typist, I don't think it would be that big of a deal.

The fact you still don't get it is fucking hilarious.

peskypesky
05-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Hornets fans can talk smack when they've won 4 of these:
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

ChumpDumper
05-17-2008, 03:03 PM
I used to think it was stupid, but sometimes a bad joke gets funnier when repeated enough times.

- ChumpDumper

ShoogarBear
05-17-2008, 03:06 PM
To be truly funny, there needs to be an unexpected twist.

Dirk_is_my_daddy_Dirk_is_my_daddy_Dirk_is_my_daddy _Dirk_is_my_daddy_Dirk_is_my_daddy_

ShoogarBear
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Just got self-pwned.

ClingingMars
To be truly funny, there needs to be an unexpected twist.

Dirk_is_my_daddy_Dirk_is_my_daddy_Dirk_is_my_daddy _Dirk_is_my_daddy_Dirk_is_my_daddy_

:lol :lol :lol

looking back THAT is funny.

http://www.filmforum.org/films/python/completely.jpg

- Mars

ShoogarBear
05-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Waiting for the next Mars post . . .

WTF? How come he didn't get Dirked?

ShoogarBear
05-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Test.

Ah, I see what I did wrong.

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Waiting for the next Mars post . . .

WTF? How come he didn't get Dirked?

because I have the space

dash Mars

as opposed to

dashMars

which was set up likely in the aftermath of THIS argument with timvp:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90922

- Mars

mavs>spurs2
05-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Even timvp thinks it's annoying. I rest my case

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Even timvp thinks it's annoying. I rest my case

uh no, the argument was about baseball, not dashmars.

http://www.speedofwood.com/forumcrap/goodone.jpg

- Mars

Nolazach
05-17-2008, 03:45 PM

So by that Logic, A Lakers fan or A Celtics fan, must be worshiped like a god here.

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 03:48 PM
So by that Logic, A Lakers fan or A Celtics fan, must be worshiped like a god here.

not really since this is SpursTalk, not LakersTalk or CelticsTalk.

- Mars

Brutalis
05-17-2008, 03:50 PM

Few Laker and Spur fans can argue greater teams in this modern era of NBA and sports in general. The Jordan era is long over. Lakers and Spurs reign supreme since Y2K, Spurs being the one on top.

Nolazach
05-17-2008, 03:55 PM
not really since this is SpursTalk, not LakersTalk or CelticsTalk.

- Mars

You know i wasn't serious. Its just a History lesson. The common Spurs argument is..."well we have four of these :lobt2:". Which is great, but it has nothing to do with this year. So if you have four and they have 14, who is the better team? Not who is the better dynasty.

Of course you are a better dynasty than us, you have had a great team for years. Just all that history has little to do with this year. Its a weak argument.

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 03:56 PM
You know i wasn't serious. Its just a History lesson. The common Spurs argument is..."well we have four of these :lobt2:". Which is great, but it has nothing to do with this year. So if you have four and they have 14, who is the better team? Not who is the better dynasty.

Of course you are a better dynasty than us, you have had a great team for years. Just all that history has little to do with this year. Its a weak argument.

subtract Celtics from that argument, who haven't won shit in years, and you have a point.

- Mars

peskypesky
05-17-2008, 03:56 PM

Beno Udrih
05-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Just all that history has little to do with this year.

?????

Um as of right now Spurs are still the defending champs. They're still in contention. So how is that not relevant to right now? You have to win 4 to declare a series over. Right now its 3-3.

You'd have to be pretty fucking foolish to think that they're not going to draw from last years championship run to try and win game 7.

Kori Ellis
05-17-2008, 04:05 PM

I think the above link says it all.

I merged your thread. Next time, just try to scroll down - it was only about midway down the front page.

Beno Udrih
Kori's boobs FTW!!!!

TwoHandJam
Bowen is really dirty. That's why he's been called for so many flagrant fouls over the years.

Oh, wait..... he hasn't.

It must be because the league is protecting him. Yeah, that's it.

rAm
05-17-2008, 04:06 PM

get over yourself man

YoMamaIsCallin
05-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Here's my commentary on your "top 10 plays":

(10) Chris Paul smacks Bowen in the nuts with the ball, then rolls over on Bowen's foot as he's trying to step away. Stu Jackson decides that he needs to protect the baby Jesus.

(9) Bonzi Wells commits an offensive foul on Ginobili by doing one of his standard dislodge-the-defender-while-I-post-up move. Ginobili exaggerates the foul. Wells seems to believe that if his defender exaggerates the offensive foul, it automatically makes it not a foul. Wells demonstrates his stupidity by complaining to the ref.

(8) Ray Allen smashes his shoulder into Bowen's face and knocks him to the floor, committing an offensive foul (which the refs call). Bowen tries to stop Allen from rolling over on his ankle by touching him with his foot. Allen, with a great sense of entitlement, thinks that he is allowed to bludgeon away as much as he wants, since he is a past All-Star, but any tiny tap by the defender means he should pretend to want to fight until some teammate comes and pulls him away.

7. This has absolutely nothing to do with basketball. Besides, the French think Jerry Lewis is a genius... so they probably love this.

6. Horry commits a hard intentional foul on Nash. Nash exaggerates the foul by flinging himself into the scorer's table. It works, but not in the way Nash intended. His brainless teammates, Amare and Diaw, forget the rule they've been taught, and the Suns coaches forget they're supposed to restrain the players. They are suspended. The league decides that they have to suspend Horry too, or they will be crucified.

5. Bowen is trying to play defense. Amare takes offense.

4. As AI often does, he flings himself into the defender on a drive and knocks him backwards, trusting the refs will let him get away with it, again. His feet get tangled up with the defender's feet as the defender falls backwards.

3. Bowen challenges a shot. Vince Carter thinks he should not be allowed to do that.

2. Bowen does to Nash what Nash always does to others... throws himself into the defender.

1. Bowen tries to challenge a shot by jumping at the shooter. Wally sticks his face in the way to try to get a foul. He does, but a harder one than he counted on. Unfortunate incident but the contact was initiated by Wally, not Bowen.

mavs>spurs2
05-17-2008, 04:19 PM
1. Bowen tries to challenge a shot by jumping at the shooter. Wally sticks his face in the way to try to get a foul. He does, but a harder one than he counted on. Unfortunate incident but the contact was initiated by Wally, not Bowen.

:lmao :rollin That's the funniest shit i've heard all day

TampaDude
05-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by mavs>spurs

I can see it now. 5 minutes left of the clock in game 7, Spurs are up 18 this game is over. Just before Pop can pull out his starters, Duncan takes a vicious elbow to the temple from Chandler. He is carried out of the arena on a stretcher, the Spurs go on to win the game. Later that night we learn that Tim Duncan was pronounced dead at 11:05 p.m.

Bullshit...that would never happen...Chandler will be on the bench after fouling out 3 minutes into the 4th quarter... :lol

mavs>spurs2
05-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Bullshit...that would never happen...Chandler will be on the bench after fouling out 3 minutes into the 4th quarter... :lol

:lmao Sshhh! Don't tell ClingingMars..

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 05:13 PM
:lmao Sshhh! Don't tell ClingingMars..

http://www.edwardmitterrand.com/artists/Slow%20Burn/Images/Phelan_FuckYou_72dpi_20cm.jpg

- Mars

clubalien
05-17-2008, 05:29 PM
1) Spurs are boring. Wait, no they are dirty (does that mean they are not boring then?)

2) The bowen thing doesn't even make sense, since he didn't do shit this series to anybody...this is just hate.

3) Horry also didn't do shit. Players that are delicate b/c they are hurt should not be on the floor, sorry.

4) Flopping like only the spurs do that? Manu has not been flopping at all this series as far as I can tell, esp. not compared to cp3.

I always find it funny that we are both "soft" and "dirty"

BTW that lists looks more like bowen is dirty not the spurs:flag:

jmard5
05-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Watching my computer clock is way better than reading all of this article. Oh hey, wow, it's one minute past 7:28 AM in my place!

jag
05-17-2008, 07:20 PM
It's funny how any thread can spontaneously turn into a discussion about why the hell mars signs his posts.

-Jag

mavs>spurs2
05-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Oh look when i type dashmars something cool happens I wonder why

phyzik
05-17-2008, 07:30 PM
fucking Mars, hijacking my thread with his stupid Signatures!!! FUCK!!

:lol