PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Jokes About Obama Ducking Gunfire

JoeChalupa
05-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Now I like Mike Huckabee and he's usually pretty witty but this attempt at humor fell flat.

Known for his humor on the campaign trail, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee raised some eyebrows with his latest improvisation, which imagined a gun pointed at Senator Barack Obama of Illinois.

When his speech to the National Rifle Association was interrupted by a loud noise from backstage, Mr. Huckabee quipped, “That was Barack Obama. He just tripped off a chair. He’s getting ready to speak and somebody aimed a gun at him and he — he dove for the floor.”

Though the audience laughed at the first part of the joke about Mr. Obama falling off the chair, the gun comment the former Republican presidential contender drew a few murmurs.

I don't think Mike will be doing any Last Comic Standing auditions any time soon.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2008, 06:40 PM
So he's going to be a veep in the Dan Quayle mode.

clambake
05-16-2008, 06:42 PM
at least we know how his sadistic son became mentally disturbed.

a special gift from daddy.

boutons_
05-17-2008, 12:44 AM
“That was Barack Obama. He just tripped off a chair. He’s getting ready to speak and somebody aimed a gun at him and he — he dove for the floor.”

Huck's got class, if nothing else. Post-mortem, he said:

"I made an offhand remark that was in no way intended to offend or disparage Senator Obama,” he said hours later in a statement. “I apologize that my comments were offensive. That was never my intention.”

For a holy man, he's one fucking shameless liar.

His clear intent was to denigrate and ridicule Obama as a chickenshit when targeted by a gunman, an NRA gunman?

I'm sure there are plenty of NRA/NASCAR bubbas who'd love to assassinate Obama. Assassination is as American as ... flag pins? :lol

So if having a gun pointed at you is now a test of presidential-ness, how would Huck respond to a gunman?

PixelPusher
05-17-2008, 01:38 AM
lololol! Jokes about shooting Obama are funny!

Dim Tuncan
05-17-2008, 02:45 AM
(1) Smart of B. Hussein Obama not to comment. Guns are a losing issue for Dems.

(2) If this had happened 12 years ago all of the Brady Campaign psychos would have been out in force faking outrage. The gun rights movement has made a ton of progress.

(3) Huckabee just gave Bobby Jindal the VP nomination.

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 11:00 AM
A Special Message from Gov. Mike Huckabee
From Mike Huckabee
Today at 2:52am
"During my speech at the NRA a loud noise backstage, that sounded like a chair falling, distracted the crowd and interrupted my speech. I made an off hand remark that was in no way intended to offend or disparage Sen. Obama. I apologize that my comments were offensive, that was never my intention."

yeah he really screwed the pooch on this one.

but I personally think that his past defense of Barack Obama should be taken into account.

ZNwMPNxwHmQ

FaDiONDZrN4

Take it for what you want, but he has only been positive towards Obama during his campaign up to this point. His action, while extremely disappointing to me, should be treated no differently than Obama pandering to the San Fransisco talking about those who "cling to their guns/religion". Politicians are human, and they do make mistakes like the rest of us.

- Mars

nomanches
05-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Did you seriously just double sign your post? WTF man? do you have OCD?

:rollin

xrayzebra
05-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Poor Hucklebee. He has insulted the Messiah and made jokes about
him. That is a big, big No No! Mustn't say anything except praise him. Lord on high.

MannyIsGod
05-17-2008, 11:54 AM

:lmao

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 12:36 PM

OH MY GOD! WHEN EDITING IT, I ACCIDENTLY SIGNED MY POST AGAIN!

- Mars

nomanches
05-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Oh I see.

Thanks for signing all 2,621 of your posts. Because, you know...we would never be able to know who posted them without you telling us.:tu

...yes we all know yadayada...

":dont

- Mars"

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Oh I see.

Thanks for signing all 2,621 of your posts. Because, you know...we would never be able to know who posted them without you telling us.:tu

...yes we all know yadayada...

":dont

- Mars"

:tu

- Mars

clambake
05-17-2008, 07:52 PM
just another freak baptist minister. i wonder if huck showed junior how to torture, then kill animals?

or is this something that happened because he had junior on ignore? most baptist ministers seem to be selfish.