PDA

View Full Version : What the Blazers fans think of us...

duncan7721
05-17-2008, 05:37 AM
I joined the blazers site, their my 2nd fav team, and this guy wrote a thread about the spurs...

Stupid Spurs
Leave a Comment (12 comments) posted 05/15/08 at 11:01 PM
They need to lose already because:

1. 4 in 9 is quite enough.
2. NOBODY wants them to beat the hornets. Aside from maybe San Antonio. And still...

Nathanial Smith-Tripp
Reply posted by RussK* on 05/15/08 at 11:05 PM
The Spurs may be a lot of things, but "stupid" isn't one of them. I may be in the minority here, but I think that a a group of decent, disciplined players that play together as a team, sets an example that I hope the Blazers follow.....right into a championship team exactly like the Spurs have done.

posted by Nathanial Smith-Tripp on 05/15/08 at 11:09 PM
That wasn't pertaining to their IQs smart one. I agree with your opinion for the most part but still everyone wants a new face representing the west.

Reply posted by andrew on 05/16/08 at 12:37 AM

um... EVERYONE doesn't want a new face representing the west.

Reply posted by Josh #4 on 05/16/08 at 1:34 AM
In defense though...they need to win because:

1. Ime and Damon have to get their rings! Ime was a good guy and Damon really changed his life around.

2. Spurs will make franchise history by being able to win 2 in 2 years.

3. I don't want the Lakers or Celtics to win it at all.

posted by Josh #4 on 05/16/08 at 1:35 AM
That being said, I want CP3 to win it all.

Reply posted by Ryan W on 05/16/08 at 2:29 AM
They need to lose because of Robert Horry. No other player in the NBA is as much of a clean cut thug as this loser.

I hope someday he gets whats coming to him someone should foul him so bad he can't get up for a month.

posted by Gordon on 05/16/08 at 8:06 AM
That was about as uneducated as a comment can get. He had the hip check on Nash and that's it. His "foul" on West last night was just a good hard screen. He didn't even more his feet or shove his arms, it shouldn't have been a foul. If West didn't collapse in pain due to a recurring problem there wouldn't have been a foul call. Horry is one of the classiest vets in the league.

Reply posted by Gordon on 05/16/08 at 8:04 AM
Personally, the Spurs are my second favorite team. It preaches to the fall of basketball that they aren't popular. People just don't like fundamentals anymore. They want Lebron going 1 on 5 or Paul throwing lobs to Chandler in what could barely be called an offensive set.

The Spurs have two very exciting players in Parker and Ginobili and one of the top two or three PFs of all time in Duncan. What's not to like? Spurs play basketball the way it should be played.

posted by j-er-e-mi-ah! on 05/16/08 at 8:24 AM
HALLLLLEEEEELLLLLUUUUUUAAAA!!!!

but I hate em for diffrent reasons. THEY HAVE THAT WE DESIRE....and one day they will envy us the same way.

Reply posted by Will Wiens on 05/16/08 at 12:50 PM
wow ok gordon. when was the last time you set a "screen" on someone's back (which is a foul) with your head down, eyes closed, and shoulder out towards a player's known soft spot. Hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Also why everyone doesn't like the Spurs does not speak negatively on NBA and their fans. Just like anything is life, the NBA changes faces. We have come from not being able to dunk, to three point lines, to the era of high flyers and ultra-athletic plays. Fundamentals are still very much present in today's game they have just changing shape. A Tim Duncan turn-a-round kissy shot puts the same amount of points on the board as a Paul-to-Chandler alley oop unless i missed a rule change last night

Reply posted by Colin on 05/16/08 at 2:58 PM
you left off the best reasons for them to lose:

1. bruce bowen is dirty amoral gutless punk.
2. robert horry isn't much better
3. their coach uses the entertainment-killing 'hack a shaq' defense which it seems will thankfully be purged from the league this offseason
4. they are about as exciting to watch as drying paint.
5. their superstar is tim duncan with his unbearable 'i never commit a foul' face.
6. new orleans / LA would be an awesome series to watch

Delete posted by Leigh Travis on 05/17/08 at 3:03 AM
Bowen is a little dirty. But mosty he's pest who resorts to cheap tricks like stepping on feet, tripping, jersy grabbing. He rarely committs flagrants or causes injuries.
Horry throws a cheap shot now and then, but I don't think bona fide thug. On the other hand I certainly wouldn't call him a classy player either.

Ginobili is much more exciting than drying paint.

pawe
05-17-2008, 06:16 AM
"id rather watch paint dry" line again?
Can't people from the internets use new ones from the google

http://www.peacecandy.com/gwbush/pics/bushbi.jpg