PDA

View Full Version : Manu's new article(Translation needed)

BigBigSpur
05-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Nunca jugué una serie como esta
por MANU
publicación: 17-05-2008

Estos tres días antes del séptimo juego, para nosotros, vienen bárbaro. Para New Orleans también puede ser importante, si se recupera David West, pero eso ya no tiene tanto que ver con nosotros. Lo importante es tener tiempo para descansar.

Cuando se llega a un séptimo juego de una serie de playoffs no hay muchas explicaciones para buscar sobre los equipos. Quiere decir que los dos somos muy parejos. Es una serie tremenda, durísima mentalmente. Claro que esa paridad no se notó dentro de un mismo partido. Muchos me preguntan por qué y la verdad es que... ¡no tengo ni idea! Nunca jugué una serie como ésta. Lo más parecido había sido en las finales de 2005, contra Detroit. Pero esa tendencia de localías fuertes sólo duró hasta el cuarto partido. Después, se emparejó todo.

Contra Phoenix, en algunos momentos, ellos o nosotros sacábamos 15 puntos de ventaja, pero por una buena racha. Después hay una reacción, el otro se acercaba. Acá no. El que saca 15 puntos gana el partido. Se acabó el juego. Es un misterio, pero si tengo que inclinarme por algo, tengo que creer que es algo mental. La confianza del público agranda a uno y baja el ánimo del otro. Sin embargo, nosotros somos un equipo con mucha experiencia, y tampoco debería afectarnos. Además, si bien se vive un clima de playoffs y hay pasión, es el "entusiasmo NBA". Es gente que alienta, que grita: "¡Defense, defense!" y nada más. No hay una presión como la de una barra brava, no hay piedrazos ni botellazos o algo que pueda intimidarte. Por eso, es raro. Desde que llegué a la NBA, siempre me tocó ganar partidos como visitante en los playoffs, menos en una serie con los Lakers (en 2004).

Esta es la tercera vez que voy a jugar un séptimo juego. En las anteriores, ganamos contra Detroit (2005) y perdimos contra Dallas (2006). Y las dos fueron acá. Es la primera vez que voy a jugar el séptimo partido de visitante.

Ahora, si queremos ganarlo, vamos a tener que jugar los 48 minutos y no, 36, como nos pasó las tres veces en Nueva Orleans. No tienen que repetirse esos lapsus que nos agarran. No podemos darnos el lujo ni de pestañear. Porque en los tres partidos que perdimos terminamos siempre el primer tiempo arriba o empatados, y en el tercer cuarto nos pasaron por arriba.

Ellos juegan en un gran nivel y se nos hace muy difícil pararlos. Están defendiendo muy duro y tienen un ataque balanceado, principalmente con Chris Paul y West. Pero cuando bajó alguno de ellos, siempre apareció otro, o Mo Peterson o Peja Stojakovic.

Nuestra estrategia es siempre la misma y es jugar interior. La primera opción es poner la pelota interior para Tim Duncan. El tema es que ellos hacen un doblaje muy rápido en la marca, y cuando Tim revierte, los que quedamos libres no la estuvimos metiendo. Además, Tim tampoco estuvo bien en los primeros juegos. Los dos primeros partidos los jugó enfermo, con fiebre, y sus números no fueron buenos.

Lo último que tengo para decir tiene que ver con el sexto juego. Lo quiero aclarar, especialmente, porque me parece una falta de respeto que se hablen ciertas cosas de Robert Horry, por la jugada en la que chocó con David West. Ayer puede verla otra vez. Fue un bloqueo ciego, como cualquier otro. Además, lo compararon con una situación con Steve Nash el año anterior. Aquello fue una falta fuerte, es cierto, pero que no lastimó a Nash. Influyó, después, porque Amare Stoudemire y Boris Diaw entraron en la cancha y fueron suspendidos, pero Nash siguió jugando y no cambió la serie. Horry no es un jugador con mala intención.

» manuginobili.com

288pipi
05-17-2008, 10:58 AM
bbs 嘿 我密码终于找回来了~~

nnd 拿英文回复 急死我了~~

diego
05-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Never played a series like this one
por MANU
publicación: 17-05-2008

These 3 days before game 7 are great for us. for new orleans maybe too, if David West recovers, but that has nothing to do with us. The important thing is getting some rest.

When you get to a playoff game 7 there isnt much to explain about the teams. It means we are very even. Its a tremendous series, very rough mentally. Of course that parity hasnt shown in any game. Many ask me why but the truth... ¡i have no idea! I never played a series like this. The closest thing is the finals in 2005, against Detroit. But that tendency of home court blowouts only last till game 4. Afterwards, the games tightened.

Against phoenix, in some moments, they or we got 15 pt advantages, but because of a good streak. Afterwards there was a reaction, the other got close. Not here. The one who gets 15 pt streak wins. Game over. Its a mystery, but if i had to say, i have to believe its something mental. The crowd plays a role in lifting one teams confidence and shrinking anothers. Still, we are a team with a lof of experience, and that shouldnt affect us. besides, even if its a playoff atmosphere with passion, its "NBA enthusiasm". Its people who cheer, who yell: "¡Defense, defense!" and nothing more. Not the kind of pressure of a "hooligan" (not the best translation, close enough!), there's no stones or bottles or anything intimidating. Thats why its strange. Since i got to the NBA, we always won away games in the playoffs, except one series with the lakers (en 2004).

This is the 3rd time i'll play a game 7. The last ones, we beat Detroit (2005) and lost to dallas (2006). And both were at home. This is the first i'll play away.

Now, if we want to win it, we're going to have to play 48mins and not, 36, like we did the last 3 at Nueva Orleans. We cant repeat those lapses that get hold of us. We cant even afford to blink. Because in the last 3 we lost there we were up or tied at the half, and in the third they steamrolled us.

They are playing on a great level and its tough to stop them. They are defending hard and showing a balanced attack, mainly with Chris Paul y West. But when one of them didnt show, another did, like Mo Peterson o Peja Stojakovic.

Our strategy is always the same, to play inside. The first option is to put it inside to Tim Duncan. The thing is they double quick, and when tim reverts, those of us left open havent been hitting. besides, Tim wasnt well the first games. The first two he was sick, with fever, and his numbers werent good.

The last thing i have to say is about game 6. I want to clear it, especially, because i think its a lack of respect whats been said about Robert Horry, because of the play where he bumped with David West. yesterday i was able to see it again. it was a back pick, like any other. on top of that, they compared it with the steve nash thing last year. That was a hard foul, its true, but it didnt hurt Nash. It made influence because after Amare Stoudemire y Boris Diaw entered the court and got suspended, but Nash continued playing and it didnt affect the series. Horry is not a player with bad intentions.
» manuginobili.com

-about the "nba enthusiasm", manu is basically saying that nba crowds are weak compared to euro/south american ones

-about the horry thing, i think he's saying horry never injured anyone and that the suns series it was only an issue because amare and boris got up, not because horry hurt nash.

urunobili
05-17-2008, 11:27 AM
I have never played a series like this one
By Manu

These three days off before game 7 are really good for us. For New Orleans it could also be important for David West to get better but has nothing to do with us. The important thing is having time to rest.

When you reach a 7th game on a playoff series there are not many things to say about the teams. It means we are both equally matched. It has been a tremendous series very tough mentally. Of course this parity within the teams could not be seen on any single game. Many have asked me why and the truth is… I have no idea! I have never played a series like this one. The closest thing would be 2005 NBA finals against Detroit. But this local team’s tendency to always win only lasted until game 4, then everything got closer.

Against Phoenix, in some moments, we or them would have a 15 point advantage but on a good streak. Then there was a reaction and the other team would get closer. Here there’s no such thing. The team that takes a 15 point advantage wins the game. Game is over. It’s a mystery, but if I have to think of a reason I have to believe it’s something mental. Home crowds make its team confident and the visitor’s spirit gets broken. Nevertheless, we are a team with a lot of experience and it shouldn’t be affecting us. Also, although we are living a playoff atmosphere and everything is more passionate, it still is “NBA enthusiasm”. People shout and chant “Defense, Defense!” and nothing more. There is no extra pressure like hooligans that throw stones, bottles or nothing that could intimidate you. That’s why, it’s weird. Since I came to the NBA, I had to win important games on the road in the playoffs with the exemption of the 2004 loss to the Lakers.

This is the third time I am going to play a game seven. In the previous ones, we won against Detroit in 2005 and we lost to Dallas in 2006. Both were played here. It is the first time I am going to play a game 7 on the road.

Now if we want to win this thing, we will have to play for 48 minutes and not 36 as we have the three previous games in New Orleans. Those lapses we’ve had on the third quarter cannot be repeated. We can’t even have the luxury of relaxing for an instant. Because on the three previous games that we lost there we were up by halftime and then they would just run us over.

They play at a very high level and it is very difficult to stop them. They are defending very hard and have a very balanced attack, especially with Chris Paul and West. But when one of them lowers his guard, the other one stepped up or Mo Peterson or Peja Stojakovic.

Our strategy is always the same and that is to play interior. First option is to feed the ball to Tim Duncan. The problem is that they do a very quick double on him and when Tim passes the ball the guys that are left open; we haven’t been able to knock it down. More so, Tim wasn’t alright in the first two games we played there. Those first two games he played sick, on the temperature and his numbers were not good.

The last thing I have to say has to do with game six. I want to clarify, especially, because I find a lack of respect certain things that have been said about Robert Horry about the play he clashed with David West. Yesterday I saw the play again and it was a blind screen like any other. It was pitiful that it was compared with a situation with Steve Nash last year. That was a hard foul sure, but it didn’t hurt Nash. It was a difference maker because both Amare Stoudamire and Boris Diaw got in the court and were suspended, but Nash kept on playing and didn’t change the series. Horry is not a player with bad intentions.

www.manuginobili.com

duncan228
05-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the translation diego. I like getting things in the players own words.

myhc
05-17-2008, 11:30 AM
thanks for the translation!! :toast

diego
05-17-2008, 11:39 AM
beat you this time urunobili... but i think yours is a little more polished. i'm supposedly at work after all!

urunobili
05-17-2008, 11:50 AM
beat you this time urunobili... but i think yours is a little more polished. i'm supposedly at work after all!

when i hit "Post" i saw u published it just slightly before... when i am at work i don;t take a big amount of time but today i was at home so i did take a more attention to detail :) at the end of the day! we just want Manu to be heard here too :) :flag:

completely deck
05-17-2008, 11:54 AM
That man is on a mission. He is ready for game 7.

You're the Man(u)!

oski1000
05-17-2008, 12:02 PM
NBA finals 2008......MVP: Manu Ginobili !!! :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

1Parker1
05-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Cool, nice to see Ginobili stand up and defend Horry. :tu

It'll be extra interesting how Manu comes out and plays in Game 7. Especially since he seems to remember the last game 7 the Spurs played in, he had that foul on Dirk that won the Mavs the game. I wonder if Manu will see this as his chance of redemption. I do agree with Timvp who said that Manu was built for this type of Game. A single elimination game, I expect to see Manu play at an extremely high level.

Avitus1
05-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Good stuff, thanks for the translation. I am glad the team is sticking with Horry despite all the BS that people are saying off the court.

Spurs Brazil
05-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Manu will have a big game 7

OldSilentHill
05-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Espectacular translation Unorobili.

We need Manu as Tim and Parker, don´t forget that.

Manu can´t win a game by himself...

urunobili
05-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Espectacular translation Unorobili.

We need Manu as Tim and Parker, don´t forget that.

Manu can´t win a game by himself...

thank you very much! :flag:

timvp
05-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Thanks for both of the translations :tu

Going into a Game 7, Manu is one of the top handful of players in the world you want on your side.

Brutalis
05-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Manu's drive and will to win is just another thing that makes me confident heading into game 7.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Glad to see Manu stand up for his teammates.

Horry's rep after last year has been unwarranted.

Los Spurs
05-17-2008, 05:55 PM
"Bien dicho, Campeon"

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-17-2008, 06:06 PM
I liked Manu's comment about both teams being great.

It just shows he's prepared mentally for the challenge of the game seven. I hope his play energizes the rest of the team from the get-go.

DAF86
05-17-2008, 08:00 PM
"Bien dicho, Campeon"

:lol that's the best sig ever.

nkdlunch
05-19-2008, 03:22 PM
La confianza del público agranda a uno y baja el ánimo del otro. Sin embargo, nosotros somos un equipo con mucha experiencia, y tampoco debería afectarnos. Además, si bien se vive un clima de playoffs y hay pasión, es el "entusiasmo NBA". Es gente que alienta, que grita: "¡Defense, defense!" y nada más. No hay una presión como la de una barra brava, no hay piedrazos ni botellazos o algo que pueda intimidarte. Por eso, es raro. Desde que llegué a la NBA, siempre me tocó ganar partidos como visitante en los playoffs, menos en una serie con los Lakers (en 2004).

he is basically saying NBA home court should not affect a team as experienced as Spurs. He is joking that all NBA crowd does is chant "defense! defense!" compared to his days in Argentina and Europe where the crowd would throw bottles and stones at the opposing players :lmao

this measly NO crowd is nothing compared to what Manu has seen.

Ellos juegan en un gran nivel y se nos hace muy difícil pararlos. Están defendiendo muy duro y tienen un ataque balanceado, principalmente con Chris Paul y West. Pero cuando bajó alguno de ellos, siempre apareció otro, o Mo Peterson o Peja Stojakovic.

he is right on the money. and this is my prediction:

If Peja and Peterson have a combined score of 20pts or more, Hornets win the game.

keep this in mind spurs fans.

The game will be won on the defensive end of the Spurs. book it!!!!

MoSpur
05-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Manu is the biggest reason why I have a good feeling the Spurs win tonight.

mytespurs
05-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the translation! I need to bookmark his website; is there an English version?

Manu is a warrior!!!!!