PDA

View Full Version : Corey Taylor: New Slipknot Album Will "Rip Your Face Off!"

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Slipknot: 'Our Album Will Take Your Face Off!'
added: 14/05/2008

Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor has broken his silence about the brand new Slipknot record.

In an interview with Billboard.com, Taylor said: "It's going to rip your face off, I don't think the world will be ready for this album."

Continuing about the record, the Slipknot vocalist describes the record as 'very dark' and a cross between 'Vol. 3' and 'Iowa'. "It has so much power in it and yet there are so many great spots for melody,' Taylor explains. 'It's a controlled chaos that hits you right out of the gate."

As well as talking about the record itself, Corey describes the bands new masks and stage-outfits as being 'very dark' and fitting with the album's dark themes.

On the lyrical front, Taylor explains that : "Instead of bitching about what went wrong in my life, I'm bitching about what's wrong in life, period. I got to the point where I was tired of pretending that I couldn't sing every time I made a Slipknot album, so this time I'm going all out."

"The whole time we were doing the Stone Sour album, I was writing and figuring stuff out for the Slipknot album,' continues Taylor. 'So when it came time to work this, I already had notebooks full of stuff and my own musical ideas."

While no official release date has been confirmed, various internet CD stores are claiming that the disc will drop on August 11th, just prior to the band laying waste to this year's Reading and Leeds festivals on August 22nd-24th.

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/article/?id=48259

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-17-2008, 04:49 PM
God, I can't wait for this.

Tyler_Durden
05-17-2008, 05:08 PM
cool.

Here is one of their new songs.

RxHzLTKJ4Do

METALMiKE
05-17-2008, 10:50 PM
^ :lmao

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-17-2008, 11:03 PM
:lol

dirk4mvp
05-17-2008, 11:08 PM
what's great about em?

nsrammstein
05-17-2008, 11:28 PM
what's great about em?

They have 6 drummers on stage?

SequSpur
05-17-2008, 11:41 PM
hell yeah..

midgetonadonkey
05-18-2008, 12:55 AM
They have 6 drummers on stage?

So did Seputura and Neurosis. I don't see why people get a boner over Slipknot. I saw them live a couple of times and didn't think they were anything special. I actually think Neurosis puts on a better show then Slipknot.

midgetonadonkey
05-18-2008, 12:59 AM
Neurosis at their most beautifully violent.

Slipknot can't compare.

jDqig97KbXg

nsrammstein
05-18-2008, 01:04 AM
No band puts on a better show than Rammstein

midgetonadonkey
05-18-2008, 01:07 AM

Only people of german descent think so.

Pistons fans get the whole Rammstein experience with the big flames. It's nothing.

Slydragon
05-18-2008, 01:19 AM

You mean the fake wang that sprays the crowd with water? Type O Negative is playing here in a few days. I wish I could go. I do jam out to Rammstein tho, Reise, Reise is my main ring tone.

midgetonadonkey
05-18-2008, 01:21 AM
You mean the fake wang that sprays the crowd with water? Type O Negative is playing here in a few days. I wish I could go.

Why can't you go? If you could, I'd go with you.

nsrammstein
05-18-2008, 01:37 AM
I'd rather watch a couple of crazy german guys sing great music and use fake wangs with flamethrowers than a bunch of guys on stage jumping around wearing out-dated halloween masks

Slydragon
05-18-2008, 01:41 AM
because I just saw the that they were here 2 days ago and the tickets are about 30 each with the ticketmaster charge already on there, Plus I don't want to drive so I can drink and not worry about it.

Slydragon
05-18-2008, 02:06 AM
I love this Type O Negative song, it's not the real video some guy just made a video for the song.

wcqRaMJgySc

Crappy user made video, but this is another Type O song I love

GKY6W0HWuNg

KAlWWA3y81o

FMZvKX06P5U

These are my top T-O-N songs

ancestron
05-18-2008, 03:08 AM
nice. I want to have Peter Steele's children.

dimsah
05-18-2008, 08:36 AM
I didn't think the "Dead Again" album was very good. They have to stop letting Kenny Hickey sing so many damn songs.

October Rust is in my top 3 albums of all time.

Thunder Dan
05-18-2008, 09:13 AM
can't wait to not get that album. I grew out of that phase in 2002

leemajors
05-18-2008, 10:15 AM
nice. I want to have Peter Steele's children.

he was in the worst selling issue of playgirl of all time. their cover of cinnamon girl is hilarious.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-18-2008, 01:23 PM
i can't believe i was into slipknot back in the day. i see what theyve put out since Iowa and it's really really bad. joey is still a great drummer, but he hasn't top his playing since their first roadrunner release.

Spurfect
05-18-2008, 06:39 PM
I admit there are a few songs from Slipknot that I like. it helps me run my butt off when i'm out running or on the treadmill. guilty pleasure I guess. I do like one of their soft songs though too, Vermillion Pt. 2

Leetonidas
05-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Sorry man but Slipknot sucks.

pussyface
05-19-2008, 08:34 AM

Rammstein is so gay that a person could catch AIDS just from listening to their music.

...if you are over the age of 14 and listen to slipknot, suicide is yr most viable option as far as a life plan goes.

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Slapnut sucks.
Lock the thread now

Thunder Dan
05-19-2008, 11:56 AM
remember that other shitty band that came out from Slipknot Stone Sour? My god did they have some of the worst songs ever. You don't have to bother...!!

dirk4mvp
05-19-2008, 11:58 AM
I wonder who's worse, these fags or insane clown posse?

Thunder Dan
05-19-2008, 12:03 PM
better than eminem

no way! Eminem actually inflicts art into his music and writes some damn good lyrics. I'm not all for rap (I actually hate most all of it) but Eminem has a ton of talent and anyone that claims otherwise doesn't know music what-so-ever. Slipknot is just noise- they cover up crap lyrics and crap instrumentation with volume. They overwhelm your senses with noise to cover up the fact that their songs are poorly written and they misguide people into thinking that they are groundbreaking and talented by having a ton of instruments on stage.

It doesn't matter if you have a drum kit with 30 pieces if you are a drummer that sucks. Ringo Starr had a kit with 5 pieces and he managed to use it pretty well. Don't be fooled into thinking that the more instruments you use the better musician you are- in fact, it should be the opposite- if you can make more sound come out of a single instrument you are better. Too often people think to themselves "man I can't play the drums at all, how can that guy play with 25 drums on his kit" and by thinking that they give that person credibility as a good drummer...however look at the guy playing with a small kit who can make the sound of 20 and you will see true talent.

However the fact that someone said Slipknot is better than Eminem has me fuming. That is like saying Kid Rock is better than Neil Young. The song Stan alone trumps anything to ever come out of that NuMetal genre or Heavy Metal genre ever. It's flat out better both lyrically and structured better than anything that has or will come out from any of those late 90's bands

In terms of songwriting:
Bruce Springsteen> Slipknot

Viva Las Espuelas
05-19-2008, 12:16 PM
no way! Eminem actually inflicts art into his music and writes some damn good lyrics. :lmao
thanks. i needed that.
:lmao

Thunder Dan
05-19-2008, 12:21 PM
thanks. i needed that.

I knew that was coming, and not that I think their opinion means everything- Rolling Stone placed him in the top artists ever in their Immortals issue they did in 2006.

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/eminem/articles/story/7249916/the_immortals__the_greatest_artists_of_all_time_82 _eminem

Viva Las Espuelas
05-19-2008, 12:22 PM
I knew that was coming, and not that I think their opinion matters that much- Rolling Stone places him in the top artists ever in their Immortals issue they did in 2006.

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/eminem/articles/story/7249916/the_immortals__the_greatest_artists_of_all_time_82 _eminem

they also hated everything that Led Zeppelin did. :lmao

Thunder Dan
05-19-2008, 12:26 PM
they also hated everything that Led Zeppelin did. :lmao

because Led Zeppelin were a bunch of rip-offs. They stole old blues and folk songs and claimed to make them their own. They could play their instruments but they were nothing more than a cover band for their first 2 albums. It's funny that in recent years they changed their writing credits to give credit to the people that actually wrote and preformed the songs but everyone still claims Led Zeppelin is some great be-all-end-all of rock when in fact they were nothing more than a cover band from the start.

Here is the short list of the songs they ripped off

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Led-Zeppelin-501/Led-Zeppelin-rip-offs.htm

dirk4mvp
05-19-2008, 12:28 PM
because Led Zeppelin were a bunch of rip-offs. They stole old blues and folk songs and claimed to make them their own. They could play their instruments but they were nothing more than a cover band for their first 2 albums. It's funny that in recent years they changed their writing credits to give credit to the people that actually wrote and preformed the songs but everyone still claims Led Zeppelin is some great be-all-end-all of rock when in fact they were nothing more than a cover band from the start.

do not let J.T. find this post :lol

Thunder Dan
05-19-2008, 12:31 PM
do not let J.T. find this post.

it's true though. Arguably their biggest hit (Stairway to Heaven) is basically Taurus by Spirit. Go to Itunes and listen to 30 seconds of it and you can hear it exactly. LZ just changed a little bit here and there and thought that by doing that they made it their own

Soul_Patch
05-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Why would anyone want their face ripped off?

Viva Las Espuelas
05-19-2008, 01:49 PM

oh brother. there's 12 notes in all. the whole blues genre is practically "covered".

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-16-2008, 02:46 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/slipknot%2BAll%2BHope%2BIs%2BGone/video/x5svsb_slipknot-all-hope-is-gone_music

Their single "All Hope is Gone".
:)

mardigan
06-16-2008, 03:29 PM

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2008, 06:35 PM
C_1vi-9CULk

manufor3
06-28-2008, 09:34 PM
before i forget is one of my favorite songs

mFFL03
06-29-2008, 02:58 AM

hmm...ok first of all slipknot were cool when I was 12...period

led zepplin are hacks? here's a little project, watch the live DVD

Ronaldo McDonald
06-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Sorry, but that music is pure shit IMO.

Condemned 2 HelLA
07-01-2008, 12:47 PM
So it seems that this gaggle of knob-gobblers have "unveiled" their new masks:

http://www.spinner.com/2008/07/01/new-slipknot-masks-exclusive/

:lmao x 820496821783920987689092894

Viva Las Espuelas
07-01-2008, 01:15 PM
it's true though. Arguably their biggest hit (Stairway to Heaven) is basically Taurus by Spirit. were your panties in a wad when green day ripped off chicago?